• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Werewolf- a Mini Roleplay

RubyRose

Ace Character - Final 4
So there was this mini game I would play on another site, Ovipets, called Werewolf and it was very much like a roleplay.

The way it works is a group of people get together. What's needed is:

A Host

A few villagers

And a werewolf!

The trick is that no one except the host knows who the werewolf is (a role sent out by the host via pm).

Each night the werewolf takes a victim.

Each morning the villagers take a guess on who to take out, killing either another villager on accident or by chance the wolf.

If the wolf is the last one standing they win the game. If the villagers find the wolf, they win.

The storyline and extra characters vary depending on the host and the number of players.

Some of the Extra characters could be:

The Seer

Each night the seer may ask the host to see one person- discovering what role they play.

Hero

The wolf cannot defeat the hero. It's as simple as that. You'd think this was an overpowered role but when the hero doesn't know who the wolf is and the wolf discovers the hero, there were quite a few cunning roleplayers that used that.

Witch

She could bring back a character from the dead... usually it was like every third day... so if she asked to save someone, then she would have to wait 2 nights before asking again.

Hypnotist

I kind of loved this character. Pretty much if the wolf attacked them, they could sick the wolf on someone else! There were a couple times that people sicked the wolf on the wolf... it was a pretty interesting turn out.

Wolf Cub

A character for rather large roleplays... if the first wolf is killed, then this character becomes the new wolf. They usually do not know who the wolf is.

There were others as well but these were the ones I remember and the ones I thought were the coolest. Anyway, would anyone be up for trying this out on here with me?

Does anyone know if this is possibly already running somewhere?

It might be! I have no idea.... I learned about it through the site 'Ovipets' and figured it'd be fun to start up here.

Wow, I didn't know that it was a board game! That's awesome and a game I think I shall pick up... but yes, it's like that.

It is, it's mainly a board game based off a party game... but it works great as a roleplay as well. And those roles are awesome! Most of them would only work for larger games, though.

Yeah, so if it does become successful and everything else, you can start to add more people into it and use the other roles. It's rather a selective thing that you want. But I suppose there are a few roles that you need to matter what. Like the host, villagers and werewolves. Need at least two werewolves for the game though.

Not necessarily. Most of the time when I played it on the other site we only had one wolf. With a lot of people, though, multiple werewolves would be beneficial... this all depends on how many people become interested.

Yeah I suppose your right. Though I suppose with one wolf, at least three villagers just to make sure it doesn't end so quickly. Because if the werewolf kills one villager with only two, then the game ends - well at least that's how we played it.

I guess there really are a lot of ways to play it. I guess it just depends on the host/moderator...

Thanks for the heads up on this, I really appreciate your mentioning ultimate werewolf!

Awesome! Ok, so what I was thinking is building a roleplay where people who want t join make a post somewhere in the roleplay so we'd get like a 'werewolf family' going with different people hosting and running games at different time. *Rushes away to go build the roleplay!* This is going to be epic, right? I'll link you to the roleplay once I get it built!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back