• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Welcome to the N64nament! (Interest Check)

funandcreativity

I’m going to be leading a journey into the worlds of various Nintendo 64 games, similar to a tabletop RPG in that you’ll be playing the main characters and I (and possibly a few other “staff members”, depending on how many people are interested) will be playing the worlds around them. Here’s the backstory:

My main character, a streamer known as LostWorld64, is holding a tournament for any gamer who can make it to the specified location. Skill in Nintendo 64 games—any of them—is highly recommended, as is puzzle solving skills, athletic ability, and emotional fortitude. A huge cash prize is promised to any individual or team who wins the tournament, and more than one can win! They just have to complete all the challenges put in front of them.

Your characters decide to enter. And when they stand on top of the red circles they’re told to stand on, a white light envelops them. Next thing they know, they’re standing in front of Princess Peach’s castle. In front of each of them, a business card-sized rectangle appears, displaying text: their first objective.

At first, objectives will be simple. Get the “watch for rolling rocks” star. Complete the Water Temple. Win a snowboarding race. But as the characters play, they start to get more...weirdly specific, and personal. They start to play to your characters’ weaknesses. If two of your characters don’t get along, they might have to work together, for example. Or, even more personal, someone might have to complete a task reminiscent of a painful childhood memory.

It’s all to prepare them for the “final level”, if you will, where LostWorld64’s true intentions in organizing this tournament will be revealed.

To be a little less mysterious, I plan to explore your characters’ psyches! This final level will challenge them on a deep level, so for this idea to work as planned, be sure to bring your emotional baggage. You don’t need to give them trauma; we don’t have to be too serious. But for this RP to reach its full potential, they need at least one personal problem.

I don’t have any specific ideas in mind; what the story will end up being depends on the characters you choose. So all I ask is you bring an interesting character with A, a reason they’d join a gaming tournament or want a cash prize, and B, an issue that they might not be so willing to confront at first.

Now, it would be difficult to lead this RP for more than a handful of people at once. Which is why, if more than 4 people besides me end up joining, I’ll accept volunteers for staff members! Staff members are responsible for playing NPCs and deciding on challenges for player characters; they‘ll basically help me with running the tournament. We’ll probably divide players into groups, and we’ll each run the game for one group.

Let me know if you’re interested, and if you have any questions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back