• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ~Welcome to the Family~

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Emma
Emma just chuckled at the girl's protests, taking both of her hands in her own "Don't worry, I won't let you fall. Just follow my lead and you'll be just fine." She said, as she started swaying and stepping back and forth with her. Okay, so it was more like Emma was swaying Sunhi, guiding her to dance and twirl around like a puppet. But that was still just as fun, at least for Emma it was.

Ballroom (Interacting: Kipsy Kipsy )
Tamara
Tamara giggled as Marshall had her spin as part of their dance, feeling a little rush from doing so. She hoped she was doing alright, smiling a bit while he held her close to him. Something felt odd about this close contact, but at the moment she didn't want to bother thinking about it for the moment. Then he suggested she close her eyes and just listen to the environment around her, and against her better judgement she did, sighing softly as she heard the soothing music setting the perfect scene, the dance Marshall was guiding her through made her body feel more free than ever, and she just let her mind drift in his embrace, which felt cold and comforting...

...Cold?

Tamara's eyes shot open at this realization, and she looked up at him, trying not to make it seem too obvious she noticed anything "Y-... Yeah... It's nice..." She said. Now that she had snapped back to attention, she was wondering what she was doing. Just moments ago she was suspicious of this whole party being a trap of some kind, and now she was dancing with a perfect stranger and letting him hold her close to his body. Again, she tried not to let it show. But her movements guided by Marshall became jerky and uncertain "Um... Would you happen to know where a bathroom would be in this place...?" She asked, finding it difficult not to make it too obvious she was trying to get away from this... Whatever he was. She felt bad about it, but this whole thing just got... Way weirder.

Ballroom (Interacting: thespectacularstorm thespectacularstorm )

Bo Ah Lam

Bo smiled and nodded when he said he needed to leave.
"Of course."
The moment he was gone she picked up her skirt and hurried to find Hazel. She never felt herself panic so much before. Did he know what she was now? Or did he just suspect something? Maybe nothing was wrong at all and he just needed to go to the bathroom.
"Hazel. I really need you."
She grabbed the witch's arm and pulled her to the side, maybe a bit more forceful than she needed to.
"Hazel, I was talking to this man and I accidentally drank the drink. I spat it back out and I had to fight myself to keep my fangs in. I'm still really fighting to keep them in and not bite someone. I've never not had control over myself like this. What do I do?"
Her voice was desperate as she spoke.

Pumpkid Pumpkid

Sunhi

Location: | Mood: Playful | Interacting with: Emma | Mentions: LegoLad659 LegoLad659

The dance started slow, just casual shifting back and forth. Sunhi liked it, felt the rocking put her to ease. She was relaxing more and more into Emma’s hold. As the first twirl came, she giggled, loving the thrill it gave.

“This is better than I thought it would be,” Sunhi admitted, smiling brilliantly. “Thank you.” Feeling bad for having Emma do most of the work, though, she attempted to spin the other around. It was a bit awkward for her, considering how short she was, but she hoped Emma would enjoy the change in pace.
code by Ri.a

APRIL CHIODOS
Mansion/Tagged: Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Pumpkid Pumpkid
Dress / Mask

April lightly stepped into the mansions ballroom, trepidation and slight lightheadedness filling her. She had been accepting some new faces, but not as many as this. There were several elder women who wore dresses with more ease and comfort than she did, and she hoped no one thought her childish for wearing pink flats instead of heels. When they had been taking dance lessons with Castiel, he had critiqued her dancing as more freestyle than rhythmic waltzing, and while trying to teach her and Emma the right measure and steps to take, soon realized that April was best attuned to movement in flats than heels. Though, April had her doubts that anyone could be naturally talented at moving in such pedicular travesties.

Realizing that she was being a bit standoffish, April cast a smile onto her face and tried to walk forwards with as much confidence as she could force into her mannerisms. After all, she was one of the mansion residents most prepared to mingle in humankind, but everyone else had already found a partner to converse or dance with. Emma was dancing with a girl, and looked happier than April had ever seen her before. Marshall had also found a partner, and Ilyria had been talking with some girl before taking a break, presumptively to get his outdoors fix. She had better start communication with one of these beings soon, or else show herself a failure...and to do so before Hazel would be devastating.

Noticing that there was a sole human getting a drink by the punch bowl, April walked in that direction and began to serve herself a glass as well. As she lifted the ladle to pour the liquid into her cup, she looked at the man from the corner of her eyes. He had dark, smoky eyes which seemed to hide all sorts of wondrous mysteries. In fact, there were wisps of smokiness to his entire attire, grey strands curling up from his sleeve collars and the edges of his jacket to outline black shadows amidst a red backdrop. His outfit was almost perfectly suited for April and her abilities, and she wondered whether Hazel had set this up. Oh, what was she even wondering for; of course Hazel did, she had a plan for everything.

Turning towards the man, April sent him a friendly look, hoping he couldn't hear the rapid beating within her chest. "I see we are both finding solace in the punch bowl. My name is April, what is yours?" She allowed herself to impose a kind, different sort of emotion onto her face; one of silent laughter and amiability. Her brown eyes seemed to sparkle in the reflected candlelight, and dimples lightly appeared on her cheeks. Part of this was an act, yes, but there was also an instinctual comfort she felt in speaking with this stranger. It was almost like a pulling sensation, where she wanted to speak more with him, and learn the secrets hiding in his smoky visage.

CANDY ZIRLOW
Mansion/Tagged:
Lenny2000 Lenny2000
Dress / Mask

Candy had arrived much later than the rest of the participants since she'd been forced to do a bit of scrounging within the many pockets of her purse for her credit card. Living around forty miles away, she had ordered a Lyft driver in order to make the dance but turns out that he wanted to be paid in actual money and not just singing sessions. Walking through the forest in heels, and keeping her long and poufy skirt off the ground, turned out to be difficult, but thankfully she had enough skill in wearing fancy clothes that she was able to avoid getting any part of her attire dirty. When one occasionally attended rich galas as a singer, they became used to high-maintenance clothing like this.

Stepping into the lighted ballroom, her red eyes glowed in excitement. While others might be put off by the air of mystery within the ball summons, she was immediately captivated by the intrigue. As someone who enjoyed watching Sherlock and Case Closed, she gladly welcomed the opportunity to add some 'mystery magic' to her life. While she highly enjoyed her job as a cafe maid and part-time singer, there was something missing in her routine which kept her in a state of boredom. A mysterious ball dance would be the perfect way to mix things up a little, and she was going to enjoy the event for all it was worth.

The first step to enthralling herself in the dance, however, would be to start up a conversation that could potentially lead to a dance. Looking left and right, Candy saw several beautiful men and women already in conversation or dance and pouted slightly. Surely there had to be someone here who was available, right? But the more she gazed over the crowd, the more apparent it was that she was alone.

Well, at least there was a dessert table. Whenever Candy was left without something to do at a party, she made a beeline for the snacks. Taking one of the plates which always seem to be too small for the amount of food she likes to eat, she stuffed it with brownies, creampuffs, and cheesecake, before finally backing away from the food.

Okay, now that she had food, where was she going to eat it? There didn't seem to be many empty seats, and she was not going to sit with the one man who had an empty seat by him. With his overly long hair and deep scowl, he looked like someone who hadn't seen happiness in ten years. However, to her left, she spotted an outdoor lounge with a few empty couches. Cautiously making her way out there, she soon realized that there was a man sitting alone out there as well. He had an ornate mask and bright eyes that seemed to peer at her inquisitively through long red locks.

Now, Candy had never considered herself the type of person to fall in love at first sight. Her emotional feelings and rash passions always tended to mix, so she would consider someone a friend for a long time before ever looking at them as a potential mate. But somehow, with this man sitting beside her, things worked differently.

"Hello there! Great party, am I right?" she quickly sputtered out. Oh no, she recognized what was happening...she was becoming so overcome by nervousness, that she was going to start talking a mile a minute. Despite this realization, and all her inner thoughts to stop, she continued: "I mean, not to be sarcastic or anything, but I expected a bit more live music, ya know? Maybe a band, playing jazz and the like. The costumes, food, and ambiance are all authentically great though, wouldn't change a thing in that regard!" she laughed awkwardly, hoping she hadn't entirely annoyed him and dashed all chances at conversation.

James Winthrop

James sighed to himself, drinking from his cup. He didn't really know what it was but the cup hid his soft frown. Everyone had someone to talk to. He just never felt right inserting himself into situations he wasn't involved in. He looked over and saw a girl coming to get some punch. She was really pretty. Her dress reminded him of one his sisters used to wear when they were little. He smiled softly at the fond memory of them fighting over who got to wear it first. He adjusted his grip on the top of his cane and looked over when she spoke. He smiled again and let out a soft laugh.
"The drink table is always a wonderful refuge. April is a lovely name. Mine is James. James Winthrop. Its wonderful to meet you."

Taraninja16 Taraninja16

APRIL CHIODOS
Mansion/Tagged: Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

Sure enough, April's instincts proved correct. The man not only smiled back but added laughter to their conversation as well. A feeling of hopefulness arose within April to replace the sensations of self-doubt she had formerly felt, and her confidence resulted in a straightening of her chest and a more sincere smile to cross her lips. Maybe all her terrible nightmares hadn't been prophetic after all, but mere causes of her evolved stress levels. She needed to push such negative thoughts out of her mind, and focus on the current situation that lay before her.

"Ah, James Win-ther-rop." she repeated slowly, pronouncing his surname with gentle enunciation. The name spoke of formality and maturity, with slight hints of a boyish side. If she were to see his name in a book, she would either assume he was the protagonist or the dashing and brave deuteragonist of some romance novel. With his current attire, he already seemed like a fictional character, in the way that those with larger-than-life figures seem to be otherworldly. As she dwelt on the different aspects of his name, she couldn't help but wish she knew her own. Sure, she had adopted the Chiodos surname after Hazel took her in, but she wondered whether her identity or self-will would be altered depending on the real name she was given.

She would need to think on this later, as she didn't want to improperly ignore her guest. Turning back to James, she said "It is wonderful to meet you as well! I was just thinking of how everyone here looks like they came out of a book." She hesitated, unsure whether she was providing enough small talk for the conversation to continue; Castiel had specifically emphasized conversational skills in their lessons, and she certainly didn't wish to bore James with her idle thoughts. But looking back into his face, she decided to take a chance and continue. "Do you like to read stories, Mr. Winthrop? I often find the worlds within books to be almost, if not more than, as vivid and real than the world outside the page." Her voice had a certain raspy quality, slightly giving away the nervousness she felt in her question. She didn't want to pressure him, but his answer would determine much of her oncoming feelings towards him. She needed someone who fully understood the passion and love she felt for the written word and didn't shun her as silly or idealistic. And though she had only met him seconds before, she seriously hoped James Winthrop would be that person for her.

Last edited:
James Winthrop

James smiled when she slowly pronounced his last name. It was a bit unusual, but he thought it was unique. He drank the last of his cup and set it down, placing his other hand on his cane.
"That's often how masquerades are seen. They were long abandoned in favor of other kinds of parties. When one wears a mask the element of mystery is thrown in. Anything could be behind a mask."
He finished his sentence by reaching out and running his thumb along the edge of her mask.
"And to answer your question. Yes, I do enjoy reading. I have shelf at home where I select a book to read after work. My favorites are the works of Ransom Riggs. Have you read them?"

Taraninja16 Taraninja16

Ellison Damien Wells
(Tagged: Pumpkid Pumpkid )
Ellison notices the color of her face slightly change color as she shyly refutes eye contact. He's not sure if this a good thing or not. "My apologies Valeria. Such a unique name. One of a kind name for someone with one of a kind features" Ellison responds.

("Fly?" Ellison thinks to himself. "Does she know I'm supernatural? Is she implying one of my abilities is flight? Perhaps "Fly" has a double meaning")
At the mention of his bandages, Ellison lowly says, "Well not exactly an accident or surgery, but rather................" Ellison trails off. "But yes, the birth and introduction of jazz was a very different time. I would go to a club that only few knew of every Friday night. Weather you were rich or poor, black or white or other, or man or woman, everyone was there for the same reason. To get lost in the music, in the deep conversations, and atmosphere. We all came to just get away from the world and be as one lost in the music" he says to her. Valeria looks as though she is lost in her own world. Deep in her thoughts. (I have revealed about my time during the age and introduction of Jazz, her brief silence must towards be my revelation). "And by being there, I mean being a lifelong listener of Jazz and studying that kind of music of course" ("Don't cough again").

(The stars, the arctic lights in the coldest places of the world, acting, poetry, it all seemed odd at one time. But are now regarded as some of the most wonderful things in this world. Perhaps her definition of "odd" is one of the meaning of being different, being special). "Thank you" he says to her after giving her words some thought. "Perhaps I am odd and you are unique in how no one else through time are nothing like you, perhaps we are an interesting combination" he says almost smiling.

"I have seen or uh, I have read about entire civilizations through time fade away and disappear. And maybe someday where we are here today, the words we're saying, the things we're thinking, and everything around us will be forgotten and everything around will disappear. And I know in a blink of an eye, centuries will pass with only the sun and moon the only familiar things still around with only my memories of this night as I have experienced, but for this moment here today, I'm glad I'm here with you" Ellison says.

Nathanel
(Location: Dance floor/ Tagged: thespectacularstorm thespectacularstorm )
Novalie commented about being asked rather than dragged to the dance floor. "I know, but it wouldn't be fun if you knew where. The look of surprise in your face is satisfying." He smirked. That cocky grin of his as if he knew just how to woo a person. As Nate lost himself to this woman's scent, the touch of her soft skin only stimulating his mind to further claim hera and propose her ro be his everlasting mate here and now. Attraction for werewolves were somewhat easy. For a naive man like Nathan it did not take long to form a bond. His nature is easily swayed when it comes to trust, but that to say he's stupid enough to let it take over entirely. The snow hairer werewolf leaned back leaving a gap as a cushion between them. He couldn't allow his animal instincts to get to him. Lucky for him, the spell and charm's effeft is working perfectly for his human side to take control.

"Sorry." He said proceeding to dance. The gesture of the song's context involving eyes has made him stare into hers. His body somewhat relaxed that Nova didn't freak. It was much appreciated giving him hope. Perhaps Hazel was right and things will turn out fine. "Hmm? What do you understand?" His hands rest on her hips as the music shifts to a slow fancing song.

Hazel
(Location: Ballroom/ Tagged: Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 )
Hazel watched her children interact effortlessly. Their training placed into this moment turning out splendid. Until she is pulled aside by Bo. Stress written all over the vampire's face. This has Hazel panic with her as she explained her distress. "Oh dear! You're overwhelmed. Your powers are tied to your emotions try to relax. If you need some blood, head into the kitchen and do so. If it's not working I may need to give you a quick charm. I have an emergency one in my room. Do this and if the problem has not subsided then meet back here. Do you understand? Take deep breaths. Relax. You'll be fine I won't let anything happen to you." She gave Bo her signature warm smile. One which somehow comforts her children without the need of magic.

Valeria
(Location: Ballroom/ Tagged: Funeral Funeral )
Valeria giggles as Ellison spout compliments again. 'Is there a pause button to this guy?' She thought. Again he spoke about the 1920's as if he was there himself. 'He must be a daydreamer.' His comment about being a combination made her smile back (even though she did not know he was smiling back at her). "Well you are already interesting. From the way you speak to your looks. I wouldn't say I'm unique. Trust me. My life has been nothing but ordinary which alas has been failing me in my attempts to create my next book." She shook her head, "Ah but you're probably not into my generas. You seem like a historic kind of person." Her subject is changed when she heard a slow dancing song play. There seemed to be others taking the floor. An idea bloomed. Though she is somewhat shy, she promised to take leaps. "Ellison, would you like to dance with me?" She peers down in disbelief that she is the first one to ask a man to dance.

Illyria
Lounge- Taraninja16 Taraninja16

Sitting alone was a boring job , full of solitude and pointlessness, there was no one to talk to, nothing was fun, and no red eyed individuals in sight

Boy was he wrong as he turned and tilted his head to the most beautiful red eyed individual he has ever witnessed , his emotions fight internally as she walks towards him with a plate full of brownies and other treats,

Unfortunately for him brownies were his weakness as his mouth watered at the sight as she decided to sit by him and talk to him his eyes were locked onto her pupils, seeing deep into her soul as his iris flexes wide and narrow as to gain a deeper understanding of her as it made him hide a soft smile soon after

Candy's method of talking brought him into a shock as he leans backwards for a second before returning back to his seat. He leans in with a more calm than ever look as he seems intrigued with her fast words as it provides him a challenge to process the speed of her voice

Witnessing her turn nervous he chuckles a little bit and crosses his legs as secretly he pickpocketed a brownie from her tray and popped it in his mouth , enjoying the food very much. Throughout the time she was fumbling with nervous words he was paying close attention and trying to give back a body positivity expression to support her go through before he responds " it is a magnificent event but it's kinda ... lonely I guess, I live here currently and the party is amazing but I do agree that there could be a live band performance that might make it better... I do hope you are enjoying the performance so far ~" he smiles before he sits back and relaxes as his fake lenses fade away due to his orange eyes are more powerful and at that time flowed and once they glow that burn anything over them such as a blindfold if over the eye as the glow is made of pure chaos energy.

Bo Ah Lam

Bo nodded quickly. She didn't take the deep breaths because she didn't need to breathe. She had also honestly forgotten how.
"Thank you."
She picked up her skirts and hurried to the kitchen, looking out for the man she'd talked with earlier. She made it into the kitchen and poured herself a glass of blood. Her fangs were extended and she drank the cup down in three gulps. She licked her lips and fangs, the rosy color to her cheeks returning. She drank down another cup to be sure she'd be okay.

Pumpkid Pumpkid PyroMonomania PyroMonomania

Ellison Damien Wells
(Tagged: Pumpkid Pumpkid )
("Her laugh, her giggling is really infectious") he says again almost smiling. ("Smiling is a human emotion, it is impossible for me to smile and yet................") his thoughts trail off.

At the mention of her book, he found out a little more about her, she's a writer. Someone who observes the world and creates their own worlds and stories in their head. He found her even more fascinating despite her claim to being ordinary. Before he could ask her about her book, she shakes her head and notices her reaction as the next song plays in the ballroom.

("Dance?" surprised at the question even though they are in a ballroom full of people meeting for the first time and dancing). "I-I would love too" he responds and slowly takes his hand out.

(The first and only time I danced was......................................)

Flashback: 1985. A dance club in Preston, California

A slow song plays(the song above) and the couples across the club hold each other in the middle of the club or get up from sitting down and head to the dance floor holding hands. Every person in the club is with someone, and every person are held close to one another with the person they're with. Except for an individual sitting down by himself, just listening to the music and watching everyone together.
"Hi there" a woman approaches the man. "I came here by myself and I noticed you and I wanted to see if you wanted to dance" she asks. "I apologize for the inconvenience but I have not partaken in the dance ritual nor am I specifically trained to the rhythm and pattern of any of the established dances" he responds. "Um................I can teach you. It's a slow song, there's nothing to it. Just hold on to me and do what I do" she says.
Ellison considers this for a moment. "Very well, I will try to learn and memorize the particular dance this particular song calls for" he says. The woman in the club is not really sure what to say with a slight puzzled look on her face but leads him to the dance floor anyway.

"All we do is just put our arms around each other and just step with the feel of the song, see like this" she says as Ellison puts his arms around her and slowly moves together with her. Much like everyone else in the club, Ellison in the possession of a human(who earlier that night was walking around wandering alone, with no particular destination) can feel all the emotions a normal person would feel and gets lost in the moment. Everyone in the club now has someone now to hold, and someone to dance with.

Current:

He waits for her hand. The lights dim and everyone is dancing with or together with someone on this night. The song starts playing and sets the mood, the lights dim. "I would be delighted to have this dance with you" he says to her with his hand out to her.

Hazel
(Location: Bedroom> Stairwell/Tagged: Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 )
Hazel hurried to her room after Bo took her leave. She barged into her room searching in her large chest usually filled with imlortant materials and emergency kits. The woman rummages through her belongings. It seemed endless like the inside of a magician's hat. She felt a tall, jewelery casing. A maroon color. Content she let out a "yes" pulling a necklace out with a ruby crystal. It matched Bo perfectly and kept spares just in case. She couldn't be too careful when it came to magical beings. Consistantly attempting to contain themselves but their beastly natures are not meant to be tamed fully. Hazel shuffles out of her room meeting back to the stairwell. Hopefully nothing has happened. She waited a few minutes before deciding to enter the kitchen and see if Bo was alright. To her relief the vampire remained fine. "Bo!" She called out setting a hand on her back. "Are you doing ok?"

Valeria
(Location: Ballroom> Dancefloor/ Tagged: Funeral Funeral )
Val smiles with relief he's accepted. So far so good. She wondered when she would mess up or when he would bail. She would be disappointed, but with this generation she couldn't help her insecurities. Gladly the brunette took his hand as they walked down the dance floor. She wrapped her arms around his neck. She never noticed that method is mostly used on couples. Again being a sign she had no clue how romance works. She just assumed it was one of the ways of dancing. The perfect lighting showering the two. His shades, her hooped earrings and caramel complextion glimmering. Her hazel eyes held a gleam brilliant not only of interest but content to have attended the ball to meet this stranger. Her plump lips tug into a smile enamoured of this moment as the Song plays in the background.

William Veladreus
Interactions: n/a

William finds the woman he ditched talking with stressed look with another woman before quickly leaving to room. He pays it no further mind and instead takes another glance around the room watching the silent crowd closely. The ‘people’ dance in a stilted repetitive way almost like he was staring at npcs in a video game, their clothing and footsteps make no noise. Silent...completely silent. None of the them drink or eat, the only people he had seen touch the drink and food tables were the ones he saw speak. The ones at the fountain a few who were already in the manor. He stares closely at their faces...what is wrong with their faces? Are they same? Maybe it’s just the masks fooling him. But when he focuses on what little he can see of their faces, they’re the exact replica of the person next to them. Same eye colour, same mouth and chin shape. No. That’s just his mind playing tricks on him, people can’t have the same face. Clearly he hasn’t enough sleep lately, the masks are making him have false assumptions.
Is that really true?
And their silence, maybe the music is making them seem like they’re not making any noise.
No footsteps, no rustle of clothing, no talking. Have you seen any of them chat with each other or even with the people who can talk? No, you haven’t.
That can’t be right. They must’ve at least spoken of few words, he frantically looks around the room for at least one of the silent crowd chatting. Nothing, absolutely nothing. They’re either dance or standing around. This doesn’t make any sense. What are they? They have to be people right? They can’t be anything else.
Quit lying to yourself, they’re obviously not people. You’ve known this for awhile, quite awhile and yet you did your best to ignore it. To try to remain willfully ignorant of something that doesn’t make sense. Here is the truth. You are at a ball with 8-16 real people, the rest are fake and are presumably there only to fill space. Eight people, including you, were invited by the eight people who were already in the mansion. They want something from the eight of you. So what do they want?
“What do they want…?” William mutters, as he digs his nails into the palm of his palms at the realization.
What do they want, indeed. While that question is important there is a more question you need to answer. What will you do with this information? What will I do with this information? He couldn’t believe it. Something so outrageous and impossible but…but…if he kept denying it, it would do more harm. He needed to make sure. He needed to make sure that his was real, that these people were fake. William walks up to one of the silent crowd and places his hand onto its shoulder. His hand passes through it. It turns around and stares blankly at him before fading away. William snatches back his shaking hand and clutches it to his chest. Oh god. Oh god, oh god, oh god. What the fuck is wrong with this place. He takes a step back, they’re fake, and the real ones want something. What do they want? What do they want? What do they want? His fear that chilled him to the bones turn scorching as it bubbles in to anger. What the fuck do they want? He scowls glaring into the crowd, quickly spotting the few real people in it. He is alone in this revelation, he sees the others having the time of their life. He refuses for this fact to remain true any longer. But how? How to prove them of the falsity of this ball? Use the silence of the crowd against them. They don’t notice their silence because of the music. So the answer is simple, I will shut it off. With this in mind William walks towards the music player, ignoring everything that would try to dissuade him.

And so he unplugs the speakers.

Marshall Icarys
Location:: Ballroom - Hallway | Mood:: Rattled | Interaction:: LegoLad659 LegoLad659

This was the opposite of what he wanted to happen. Even though she clearly tried to hide it Marshall could read her like a book. She was uncomfortable with him, she wanted to get away. The girl had that same look of fear that shot daggers through his core. For a being that could literally freeze anything to death he was very sensitive. "Yes.. I'll take you there... It's easy to.. get lost in a manor such as this," Marshall felt uncomfortable speaking to her closing off himself as more distant than before. He took her hand and hurried to the hallway entrance, trying hard not to pull her along with aggression. "It's that door over there to the right. I do hope you're alright." With that the raven spun on his heels to take his leave. He didn't want to press her further nor did he want to allow her to see the sorrowful look in his eye. It was hard to hide such a strong emotion but with decades of practice it was a simple feat.

The disheartened dragon reappeared in the ballroom only to disappear again. He headed for the balcony, a place away from the guests and that girl. He wanted to find Hazel or even settle for Castiel but his pride stopped him from bothering the others with his worries. He figured they must be caught up trying to run the event smoothly than to be worried about him. "I knew this would happen.." He jumped up onto the balcony ledge, sitting with his legs hanging off of it. His heart pounded loudly against his chest as if it were trying to break free from his body. It rang in his ears to the point of him wanting to cry but his expression stayed the same. Calm, collected, unaffected despite his pale cheeks turning a rosy pink from holding it in. He wanted to be alone. He wanted to stop hurting.

Suddenly the music had stopped playing downstairs, this wasn't a good sign. Maybe things aren't going as smooth as we thought. Marshall thought as he looked down to the bracelet concealing his abilities. He contemplated going back inside to see what the commotion was but given how he wanted to have the first emotional breakdown of his life, he opted to remain on the balcony.

Novalie Polaris
Location:: Dancefloor - Doorway | Mood:: Adventurous - Terrified | Interaction:: Pumpkid Pumpkid

Nova couldn't help but giggle from watching him. He was so sweet and innocent in his own way that it warmed her heart. "So you like surprises Lovebug? Interesting..." She decided for some odd reason that his designated nickname would be lovebug now like how the protagonist of one of her favorite stories called her partner. He was so spontaneously kind like the boy in the story that she found it fitting he have the same name. "You must like me a lot no? It's shone some light on my thoughts like maybe I'm not so bad after all." He felt so warm against her body that it was like being surrounded by a space heater. The blonde rested her head against his chest swaying to the music as she felt her body relax. The tension of being completely alone at this party had dissipated with the help of Nathan's kindness.

When the song ended she looked up into his light grey eyes with a big goofy grin. "So you live here right~? You said this was your party, or your family at least. What do you guys do around here for fun? A place this old must be haunted by spooky ghosts or have some kind of enchanted garden maze in the back right? Let's do something fun yeah~?" She grinned from ear to ear as she pinched his cheek with her fingers. The girl had a short attention span, constantly switching between wanting to do different things. Now she felt like exploring the 'spooky manor in the woods'. Her soft giggles and clicking heels led a trail as she broke off from him heading for where she thought the kitchen might be with haste hoping he'd follow behind her.

The music stopped abruptly halting her movements before she could touch the doorknob. She looked around for where the source of this disturbance could be spotting a man near the music station with a frazzled look. What on Earth was he doing... She thought putting a finger to her lips. Suddenly her eyes widened as the bright blue orbs glanced around. The room was empty save for about ten others who looked equally as confused. There was no way a room full of people could clear instantaneously like that. It was impossible. Her heart started to race to the confusion of what was going on. If there was one thing she feared it was being unaware. "W-What the... How- This is impossible.. It's like they were-" Nova covered her mouth with a hand quickly feeling her heart drop through her stomach. She had only joked about the place being haunted but the thought of there actually being ghosts sent a sickening shiver up her spine. She didn't feel safe anymore, she was visibly frightened.

Last edited:
William Veladreus
Interactions: Basically Everyone

They all disappeared? That’s not what he was expecting but it worked towards his purpose. Now it’s just the people who are actually here. William glances around, counting heads, there are less then he remembered but they probably left the ballroom. They are all staring him, mostly shock and fear, and he heatedly glares black. Dropping the plug he sharply gestures toward the now empty ballroom. The few people that are left are spread apart though some are partnered up pulled out of their dance.

“This fictitious ball has ended. So if the hosts would be so kind as to explain what the fuck is going on?” William practically snarled out, his violet eyes burning whoever makes eye contact with him. He really wants to know as he has no clue of what just happened, what these fake people were or why they are actually here. “You invited eight of us here for something, after all? Now be frank and so speak your intentions to us already.”

Emma
Emma giggled along with Sunhi, letting the girl attempt to spin her once before taking control of the dance again "Lots of things are." She replied, smiling at her as she pulled Sunhi close "Like you..."

Before she could continue, the music stopped short, startling the Spectrals and herself. The Spectrals vanished, leaving just the Humans and the Monsters. Emma looked around, surprised "Crap... What happened?" She asked, hoping Hazel was around to explain. A man started speaking, but she tuned him out, believing him insignificant as she was looking specifically for Hazel.

Ballroom (Interacting: Kipsy Kipsy Mentions: Pumpkid Pumpkid PyroMonomania PyroMonomania )

Tamara
Marshall guided Tamara to the bathroom, clearly bothered by her now. She sighed as she walked inside, sitting down and pulling out her laptop. She started looking up cold beings on the internet, but she couldn't find anything other than mythical accounts of vampires and other such undead, which themselves were very inconsistent. There wasn't anything concrete, even in the deepest parts she could reach. She definitely didn't feel comfortable with this anymore, and closed her laptop, putting it away as she stood up to leave. She hoped Marshall wasn't still there as she peeked her head out, thankfully he wasn't. As she did though, she noticed that the music in the ballroom wasn't playing anymore. Instead she heard someone yelling - Some commotion was clearly going on, so she took this opportunity to walk around, seeing if she could find a way out of the manor other than the front door, which she assumed would either be locked or guarded.

Manor hallways (Mentioned: thespectacularstorm thespectacularstorm )

Nathanel
(Location: Ballroom/ Tagged: thespectacularstorm thespectacularstorm /Mentions: PyroMonomania PyroMonomania )
"I do." Nate chirps. He tilts his head confused to the nickname, "Lovebug". He wasn't sure if she purposely named him that or she forgot his name. Either way he still enjoyed her company. "Correct this is my party. Well I didn't do it alone. My brother and caretaker-err guardian did." He blew a few strands of hair off his face from nearly blowing it. He froze completely when her guess was on point about the ghosts and gardens. 'That was guess? She is too smart for me.' He thought to himself. He shook his head once she sugfested to explore the outside. He grinned finding a good chase fun. One of his favorite things to run wild, but before he could even take a step, the music is cut off. The lyrics didn't even make it half through until this guy in his black suit, unplugged the DJ. Where the hell does he go off touching other people's belongings? Rude. Nate glared at the dude wanting to step up and kick his ass for his manners but that became the least of his problems when he spoke up saying he's done with the cherade. The guy seemed cleaver and difficult to cooperate with. Instead of enjoying himself. This pimp came to ruin the party? Not cool. Either way his presence alarmed the others and indeed this has become a problem. His gray eyes shift towards Nova. Full of fear as she stepped back almost as if she wanted to bail here and now. His heart strings tugged to see her in such a matter. Nathan draws over to her trying to relax her. "Hey are you alright. Easy. Don't listen to this guy. He's crazy." He swayed.

Valeria
(Location: Dance floor/ Tagged: Funeral Funeral )
The music stops ruining the moment. A man in a ponytail outraged over something. She scowled at the rude male, that is until she freaked over the people around her once dancing with grace fade before her eyes, as if they were ghosts! No it couldn't be. Sure it all seemed suspicous, but she thought it was one of those private parties like that one movie she watched. Her body shivered sending gosebumps. The only ones around are the folks from the fountain. 'Is this a set up?' She thought. The words spewed from William made sense now. Her heart dropped, ears rang as she tries to process everything searching for an explaination. There has to be a logical explaination right? Fear took over, her breathing became difficult, her vision blurred yet she remained as focused as possible. The woman takes a step back nearly stumbling back as she bumped Ellison. Head shot up to the male unable to hear anyone at the moment. She quickly steps back staring at the bandaged male with fear holding herself she didn't know what to do. Is Ellison a ghost as well? That would explain tbe bandages right? Her attention diverts to Will searching for the host.

Castiel
(Location: Hallways/Tagged: LegoLad659 LegoLad659 )
Cas sighed after Illyria walked off. Why did he even bother comforting the guy? He only ever listened to nobody. He was a man of his own choice. Difficult to even comprehend. He didn't have time to take care of an old geezer, yet Hazel amazingly has patience for him. It wasn't his cup of tea to have the time to deal with such ignorance. Once finished with his cigarette, Castiel enters the ballroom wandering about being observant of everyone. His orbs caught sight of an unstable presence being a human with a ponytail. He seemed like he was about to explode at any given second. He wouldn't be surprised if he bounced or crashed the party. Sadly the fool chose rhe latter after thirty minutes. His ears perked to the silence and the outraged demands from the guy. Irritated, Cas entered rhe manor after his quick walk crashing into a woman about to escape. Fear stricken possibly from his unexpected appearance. He wasn't surprised given his six foot height and build. An ebony brow quirks as he blocks the exit entirely. "Before you take off. Don't you want to know why we invited you here?" He casually asked not caring if she left or not. There are other witches to replace whomever's mate she belongs to.

Last edited:
Tamara
It wasn't long before Tamara ran into someone in the hallways, probably one of the hosts or something like that. Before she could say anything or run away though, he asked if she wanted to know why she was here. This caught her interest, and she considered this offer for a few moments before sighing and nodding, letting him take her back to the ballroom. Chances were he wouldn't let her leave anyway if she tried, so she might as well learn what all of this was about while she was here.

With Castiel (Interacting: Pumpkid Pumpkid )

Last edited:
Bo Ah Lam

Bo snapped around the moment she heard someone enter the kitchen. But she relaxed a little when she saw it was Hazel. She held onto her cup and took her mask off so it didn't bother her while she was in the kitchen.
"I'm okay."
She heard the music stop and turned back to the door. She retracted her fangs and replaced her mask, running out to find the spectrals fading away and the man she spoke to before standing there.
"What have you done? Why couldn't you just enjoy our ball? We gave you all a chance to live like you were in a fairytale."

Pumpkid Pumpkid PyroMonomania PyroMonomania

William Veladreus
Interactions: Bo Ah Lam Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

A woman ran into the room, Bo Ah Lam was her name? The only person he had spoken to during the entirety of this ball. Her long black hair and gown flutter behind her as she shoots him a glare and opens her mouth.

"What have you done? Why couldn't you just enjoy our ball? We gave you all a chance to live like you were in a fairytale." She says in a distressed, accusatory tone. She says it like he did something dastardly, something that no human would have done. What gave her the right to judge him for stopping this false ball? Clearly this ball was made with less honest intentions and yet here she is accusing him for having the thought process to actually poke through this facade.

“All I did was stop this fake ball with the desire to figure out why we’re actually here. Perhaps if you hosted one with more honest intentions then I wouldn’t find myself needing to put an end to it. And ‘live like you were in a fairytale’? That’s clearly an exaggeration as the only thing magical about this ball was the fact that all the other guests were fake and somehow all vanished into thin air. Which, I’d like to add, was the main reason I stopped this farce. Now you have successfully isolated us here.” William gestures to the nearly empty ballroom before spitting out, “So what do you want?”

CANDY ZIRLOW

Lounge/Tagged: Lenny2000 Lenny2000

A leap of joy filled Candy's heart, as she recognized the man wasn't put off by her rash speech whatsoever. In fact, he seemed to enjoy her presence, and because of his comfortable position, she was able to relax as well. Letting a more serene smile replace her anxious one, she replied: "Well, live band or not, I'm still glad I came if only for these snacks and the chance to meet you!" Then, realizing she didn't know his name, she added "By the way, my name is Candy Zirlow. Can I ask you for yours? And how is it like, living in such a grand manor?" now that she had been encouraged to converse with him, she wanted to know all about the person before her.

Before she could continue any more queries, there was an abrupt silence from the ballroom which caused her attention to turn there. Twisting her head, she looked to the windows with worry, her eyebrows creased. It seemed a commotion was beginning to erupt, and she clutched tighter at the folds of her dress, looking back and forth between the man and the window. She didn't want to go inside and deal with whatever drama was ocurring. She wanted to remain out here in peace and mystique, learning more and more about the scarlet-haired man and the mansion through his eyes. So, in order to stall him from returning inside, she asked another question. "What's the best thing to do here, when it comes to occupying your time? I'm sure you could give me a grand tour around the grounds and what marvels they may have!" More muffled shouts were heard through the windows, but her focus was all on him, with her red eyes gazing almost imploringly for the man to whisk her thoughts away.

APRIL CHIODOS

Mansion/Tagged: Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Pumpkid Pumpkid PyroMonomania PyroMonomania LegoLad659 LegoLad659

"They were abandoned?" April repeats after James, a feeling of sadness settling slightly into her stomach. She had read about grand balls and elegant masquerade parties in books before, but never of the parties that rose to replace them. Today was also her first time actually participating in any sort of party, and as a result, it hurt to think all her love and wonder for the dance before her would be outdated outside the mansion. Her eyes glanced to his hands as she contemplated this knowledge, and realized he had finished his drink. Perhaps that would mean, that their motionless conversation would quickly be transferred to a dance? The idea both excited and intimidated her, and she clasped her hands together behind her back to hide any signs of sweat.

"I suppose some might dislike the mystery of masked dancers, but it seems beautiful to me, in a way." she began, her eyes taking on the drifting, dreamful air that filled her when discussing some passion or interest. "The thrill of danger and adventure that surrounds one when among strangers, and the colorful dresses blending in with crystallized light...some parties may replicate these emotions in some small manner, but I doubt anything can capture the particular sensation a masquerade brings." she peered back up into his eyes, and felt that he understood. His mask hid the full qualities in his face, but there was some innate connection between her and James which seemed to validate her romantic tendencies.

Perhaps it was these inner thoughts or the unique ambiance in the air, but April's heart skipped a beat as he traced his thumb around the edge of her mask. New feelings were starting to blossom in her chest, as he revealed his similar inclinations towards stories and reached out to cross the distance between them. For a few minutes, it was if she and James were the only people in the room, and all noise and objects around them seemed to fade.

Nodding her head to his question, she lightly parted her lips to give him an audible answer. She wanted to tell him she had read those books, and been thoroughly enthralled in the world between the pages. For her, she related to Emma and the peculiars, as their lives at the mansion closely emulated the children's in the ymbryne loops. And, most of all, she wanted to compare James to Jacob, as both men seemed to open new possibilities and worlds for the women they met. However, before she could get the words out, the music screeched to a halt, and the magical moment ended.

Returning her attention to the ballroom around her was as difficult as waking from a dream. The residual traces of a smile were left on her face, but her eyes had turned pale and troubled. She took in the people around her, seeing that one girl was stopped from leaving by Castiel, and the one who had pulled the plug turned to Bo Ah Lam and shot her frustrated questions back with harsh criticisms of her own.

At witnessing these events, a conflicting series of emotions began to rise within her. She was upset that the special moment between her and James had been cut off, but also angry that all of Hazel's hard work was being so hastily thrown out the window by one man. The glint in her eyes returned, and the edges of her hair clip started to give off steam as her power itched to come out. Barely fighting it back, she threw out her own response to the pony-tailed man. "What makes you think our intentions were dishonest? Hazel would never commit an unethical act without proper reason!"

After her outburst, she soon realized the gravity of her words and felt a bright red color rushing to her cheeks. She had done it again; let her passions get the better of her, and now the words hung in the air with a thick weight. For she had not only named Hazel as the main perpetrator behind the ball but with her use of the "our" in the former part of her statement, she had now drawn the focus to all inhabitants of the mansion. Clutching the sides of her pink dress, she looked down at the ground, not daring to turn and see what emotions James was going through. All her nightmares about the event flashed back into her vision, and it took all her self-will to push back tears.

Sunhi

Location: | Mood: Scared | Interacting with: Emma | Mentions: LegoLad659 LegoLad659

The evening was going very well… up until the other people around her started to disappear. Sunhi gasped and pulled back from Emma, her head spinning as she tried to figure out what was going on. That wasn’t supposed to happen. Peoople weren’t supposed to just poof out of existence.

There was yelling now, back and forth between the few who still remained. Sunhi listened intently, her eyes darting from Emma to the rest of the room. There was concern there at first, then suspicion, pure and painful. She stepped even further away, feeling foolish and stupid for trusting anyone at this party at all. She never should’ve come.

“What’s going on?” Sunhi asked. She intended to sound demanding but her words came out small and fearful. Afraid. The girl who hunted ghosts for a living was afraid. She wasn’t sure what to make of things or how she was supposed to get out of this situation.
code by Ri.a

Users who are viewing this thread

Back