• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ~Welcome to the Family~OOC

Is everyone ready for a Time Skip?

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here

Pumpkid

~Vibing along the cosmos~
OOC Chat
Feel free to ask me any questions. I'll answer to the best of my abilities​

I'm certainly intrigued, so I'll add my name to the list! However, I just have to ask; how long on average should our characters have been "rescued" and brought to live in the mansion? Would all their experiences of the outide, non-magical world be negative, or would some of them look back on that time wistfully? And is all this set in Victorian time, or only a Victorian mansion? If it is the latter, do they retain any types of technology within the building, or do they rely solely on magic? What kind of attire would they be given to wear, and would they be raised with any kind of specific education at the mansion? Obviously most of these questions pertain to the magical beings only, as they're the ones I'm most interested in.

Sorry if all these questions are a bit overwhelming, I just became really excited reading this.
Well since monster hunting started in mideaval times. Hazel did not start rescuing creatures until 1850's almost near the modern era.

The experience of the rescued is up to you the character creator. They can be traumatized or relieved to be saved or which ever you like. She mainly provided safe haven for them and it's up to your monster character if they wished to leave or not and come back, but during the rp none are allowed ro leave for safety reasons. Basically once the monster agrees to participate in mingling, they must follow all of Hazel's rules for things to succeed.

All of this is set in modern time/present, the manor is just victorian like mixed.

Wear whatever you want. They can wear olden time clothes or casual clothes it's up to you.

The only education taught to these creatures is to be sophisticated. Behave, not eating himan and acting the part of a human to survive. If you plan to explore the mansion it's your own world building in the back yard basically xD. Every being has their own requirement that the manor and acres of land have. (Ex: A mermaid needs the sea or a place to swim so there is a large lake but with the help of magic can be adjusted to however they wish. A werewolf needs to hunt. There is an app for that too/place for them to run around)Everything a monster needs is already provided.

Taraninja16 Taraninja16

Well since monster hunting started in mideaval times. Hazel did not start rescuing creatures until 1850's almost near the modern era.

The experience of the rescued is up to you the character creator. They can be traumatized or relieved to be saved or which ever you like. She mainly provided safe haven for them and it's up to your monster character if they wished to leave or not and come back, but during the rp none are allowed ro leave for safety reasons. Basically once the monster agrees to participate in mingling, they must follow all of Hazel's rules for things to succeed.

All of this is set in modern time/present, the manor is just victorian like mixed.

Wear whatever you want. They can wear olden time clothes or casual clothes it's up to you.

The only education taught to these creatures is to be sophisticated. Behave, not eating himan and acting the part of a human to survive. If you plan to explore the mansion it's your own world building in the back yard basically xD. Every being has their own requirement that the manor and acres of land have. (Ex: A mermaid needs the sea or a place to swim so there is a large lake but with the help of magic can be adjusted to however they wish. A werewolf needs to hunt. There is an app for that too/place for them to run around)Everything a monster needs is already provided.

Taraninja16 Taraninja16
Thanks for this, I have a firm grasping on everything now!

full

Name: Emma

Species: Lamia

Power: Charm magic

Abilities: Hypnosis, which is channeled either powerfully to one person through her eyes, or weakly to a whole room through dancing. In both cases, people's eyes must be on the area she's channeling from in order for the spell to work. She has naturally been told to use the eye-channeling ability as little as possible, although the effect of the dancing channel is weak enough that it has been allowed in small bursts. She can also cast more basic, temporary charms through kisses or through her touch, however the other methods are her preferred ones.

Personality: Emma is the type who considers her race to be above most others. She enjoys people waiting on her hand and foot, and asserts herself as best she can when she feels she's able to. She treats those she likes like pets, doting on them and taking very good care of them, while she is openly hostile to those she doesn't like. While she's a very dominant personality towards those she considers lesser than her (Which encompasses most people), on the other hand people who have proven to be more powerful than her, she harbors a great amount of respect for. As such, while she enjoys people serving her at all times, she in turn also serves Hazel in just the same way as well.

Background: Emma was found hiding out in the forest, living alone and eating any Humans that came into her territory. As such, she has in reality had very little actual, prolonged contact with the Human race, all she knew was that they made good food, and some of them fought back using very dangerous weapons. When Hazel discovered her, the Lamia fought back before she was overpowered by the witch. While unhappy about this at first, Emma agreed to come with Hazel back to the mansion, where she's found herself to be much happier as she lives in much more comfort than in her little cave in the woods.

Weakness: Lamias are predators, not fighters. They can usually take one or two people in a direct battle, but their long tails are cumbersome in a fight, and often get in the way more than they are helpful.

strength: At the torso level, she is as strong as a normal Human. However, her tail is where her true strength lies, able to wrap around and bind one or two people with ease. Any more and she may start to have trouble, though.

other: The pendant in her image (The one hanging off the end of her tail) is enchanted to transform her body into that of a normal Human's with the same appearance as her. In addition, while she is technically bisexual, she much more heavily favors cute girls over men.

(I'll just put this here so I don't lose it, until Pumpkid Pumpkid answers my question in the Interest Check)
full

Name: Tamara Narashi

Species: Human

Power: Technomancy (Influencing and controlling computers through magic)

Personality: Tamara is a kind soul, but also rather distant and quiet. In particular she keeps her occupation under lock and key, refusing to tell anyone about it, not even her sisters. The rest of her personal life she's more open to talking about, and thanks to her younger sister's efforts is more willing to talk to people than she otherwise would be. She carries her laptop with her at all times, and refuses to go anywhere without it, being extremely protective of it.

Background: Tamara was born as the middle child of three sisters to an abusive mother, although most of said abuse was more directed to her older sister, so she wasn't scarred too badly from the experience. When her parents got divorced, she went to live with her older sister, keeping her spirits up and helping her form a band with some of her friends, while Tamara worked all the technical stuff. Tamara always found computers easy, breezing through all her computer science classes and being a general tech wiz. One day, she found a laptop with specialized hacking software involved, and as she searched for where it came from, she ended up getting involved with an underground hacker group called CSEC. Working as one of their contractors, she now uses her skills to help people from the shadows, ensuring that no huge catastrophes occur on the Internet. While she is unaware of her magical ability, she has been unwittingly using it all throughout her life, whenever she works with any computer, in her attempts to make them do what she wants them to.

Mate: TBD

Other: Her backstory is based off the PC game "Hacknet", so her backstory goes into much further detail than I've done here. Herself, her family, and her magical ability are all original from me, but the rest comes from Hacknet. Tamara is also bisexual.
Wait what question? Sorry.

Basically, is what I did with Tamara (Being unaware of her power yet subconsciously using it in aspects of her life) allowed?
It's perfect! That's exactly reasonable. As long as they're unaware it's fine. Like a second instinct. The only question I have is the two are not lesbians are they? The whole point is to breed although I have thought of ways for all genders to be able to make babies with some sort of magic.

It's perfect! That's exactly reasonable. As long as they're unaware it's fine. Like a second instinct. The only question I have is the two are not lesbians are they? The whole point is to breed although I have thought of ways for all genders to be able to make babies with some sort of magic.
They're both bisexual, yes. However I already have a plan in place for how Emma reproduces (Basically she converts Humans into more Lamias) so there shouldn't be a problem there. And then Tamara is into both genders, so however that ends up is fine too

They're both bisexual, yes. However I already have a plan in place for how Emma reproduces (Basically she converts Humans into more Lamias) so there shouldn't be a problem there. And then Tamara is into both genders, so however that ends up is fine too
Alright! Sweet

Kipsy Kipsy what's your character's occupation? You forgot to add that

I wonder how many more people we need? We have three human PCs and two supernatural PCs. So I'm guessing one more?

Also stupid question how do we know who we are mates to ?
No question is stupid my dear. I'd be happy to clarify. Anyways, yee I pick the pairings but first everyone will ibteract with each other at the ball see which one connects to which or in my case whom I ship together.

No question is stupid my dear. I'd be happy to clarify. Anyways, yee I pick the pairings but first everyone will ibteract with each other at the ball see which one connects to which or in my case whom I ship together.
Thank you very much and can I ask if my character is accepted or not >.< I put a lot of effort to him

Users who are viewing this thread

Back