• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ~Welcome to the Family~

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Illyria
Manor- interacted: Taraninja16 Taraninja16 Pumpkid Pumpkid

Illyria did the best he could to hold his head and as well put the incision wound both in the ice as he playfully sticks his tongue out at April, leaning his head in a split second to kiss her forehead " mwah , hahahaha thanks anyways for trying to help me but all I really need is meat to heal ...." he slowly gets himself up as he reveals his skinnyness as if he was just skin and bones, he forgot to eat all night and all day as he passes by April and pet pats the wolf's head " silly puppy! I may be wounded and as old as your ancestors but I still am stronger than you with one hand ... especially without that silly necklace hahahaha" he gives a happy smile as he completely forgot, or chose to forget where the control necklace is as he currently is playing nice for reasons unknown.

As the wolfie said that it was time to go Illyria started to back away hesitantly , obviously not wanting to go and would rather get dressed but whatever. It's not like he had a choice anyways as the wolf boy picked him up and started to run as fast as he can, making Illyria squirm and thrash vigorously as he is being held against his will... man he hates being lightweight sometimes but he couldn't just slide out of the wolf's arm that easily, he was only competent with one arm because the other arm was injured and he has a bumped head .

Upon being dropped off at the dining hall, still in his pajamas with a little blood on it from his wrist he used his only good hand to lightly punch the wolf's solar plexus, knocking his wind out as the chaos minor was angry at him " you know I hate being carried like that!.... fuck." His emotions immediately change to sad as he murmurs softly to himself " watch your profanity.." only to swap himself to giggle and laugh quietly as he walks to his chair and sits with his feet on the seat, wrapping his arms around his legs as the pajamas leggings gets a bit of blood on it from the wrist.

Throughout Hazels speech Illyria felt really embarrassed as she gets to mention him on multiple occasions due most likely from his mischief . It was almost everything for his day tat made him feel embarrassed and shitty, the bumped head, the mating, the cut on the wrist, being dragged from place to place, and worst of all he still is in pajamas ... what a day. As her attention was focused directly on him he gulped heavily before he shakily got out of his seat and followed her , partially curious as the other part is scared of what she is going to do to him ." I um... I lost my charm ... I swear" he looks up to her as his stomach rumbles multiple times throughout his day.

Castiel
(Location: Dining room/ Tagged: Taraninja16 Taraninja16 / Mentions: thespectacularstorm thespectacularstorm )
Cas' attention diverts to April. "Your lessons will be taken by quick steps. First you will place on your enchanted charms, and learn to get accustomed to your human form. You have ten hours to adjust to them. Next is the basics of dancing and conversing. To some of which I know do not like to even interact." His gold eyes shift over to Marshall. Always being quiet and needed him to cooperate this time. Hopefully his motivation for Hazel will work and not half ass things.

Valeria
(Location: Fountain/ Tagged: Kipsy Kipsy LegoLad659 LegoLad659
LegoLad659 LegoLad659
LegoLad659 LegoLad659

Last edited:
Emma
Before she knew it, and sadly before Bo had a chance to answer her question, everyone arrived in the dining room and Hazel stood up to make her announcement. She saw April wave to her from nearby, and she smiled and waved back to the Tengu girl. Another one she liked, mostly because she was cold-blooded, and having a body as warm as April around was definitely a welcome touch.

Hazel declared the purpose of the ball was to attract Humans and reproduce with them. Emma smiled at this thought. Ooh, she hadn't even thought about that. She'd never converted a Lamia before, so it should be fun. Maybe she'd find a really cute girl to convert, she couldn't wait for that. Once Hazel was done, Emma turned her attention to Castiel, who she said would tutor them. Not that she needed any help acting Human of course, but it couldn't hurt for a refresher.

Dining room (Interacting: Pumpkid Pumpkid )

Tamara
Tamara's phone dinged again, and she pulled it back out, assuming it was her sister. To her surprise, it was an email, from Chiodos. She couldn't help but smile a little. An unsolicited letter from an unknown source wasn't easily traceable... But an email... Now she could work with that. She quickly stood up and speed-walked back to her apartment, in part to get ready for the ball, but also to see what she could find from the email address that sent this message.

Hours later, Tamara was in her dress and mask as she made her way to the mansion with the email's instructions. Her frustrated expression was hidden behind her mask thankfully, as she was sure it would be inappropriate for such a formal event. Still, whoever was orchestrating this was clever. Not only was the email address created with a mobile phone with literally nothing else on it - Even the GPS feature didn't work, they probably removed the chip for it - but the only other emails sent were to the other participants. She only poked at their accounts briefly to see if they had any connections with this person, and backed out as soon as she found they didn't. Their personal lives were their own business, after all.

Still, this person went to great lengths to hide who they were. Not only that, but Tamara was starting to suspect they also knew who she was as well, since the level of safety that went into keeping their information private went far beyond even most security companies' efforts... She hoped this wasn't some kind of trap, but she already told her sister she'd go, and Kiri would never let her live it down if she backed down just half an hour before the party started. So she went.

Front courtyard

Hiseki Naoru

Location: Water Fountain | Interacting with: Anyone| Mentions: Pumpkid Pumpkid

She was already in a dress for the party. She couldn't wait to get dressed up ever since she bought her outfit. It was purple and black so she was happy that it fit with the mask that she already owned. She was holding her mask in one of her hands defeating the purpose of it, but she would place it on before heading to the party. She was pretty spaced out so she didn't have time to answer the girls question before they dashed off. Her phone buzzed again but this time it was an email notification. She read through it and she couldn't help but feel a little bit eerie when she noticed the people around her also got the same notification. She stood up from the water fountain to walk closer to the other attendees. "Everyone got the same email right?"she asked as a hint of nerves crept into her voice.
code by Ri.a

Sunghyon

Location: Park -> Front Courtyard | Mood: Nervous | Interacting with: Hiseki, Valeria, & Tamara | Mentions: Pumpkid Pumpkid L3n L3n LegoLad659 LegoLad659

Nodding, Sunghyon offered Hiseki a small smile. “I think so. I’m going to look for the path it describes.” He looked to the people he’d managed to speak with so far. “Feel free to follow?” He hadn’t intended for the last sentence to sound so much like a question, but that was that happened. He simply thought it would be a tad awkward if he was the first one to show up alone.

It didn’t take very long for his search to be fruitful. Within minutes Sunghyon had found the path; it wound up and into the trees as far as the eyes could see. Humming with intrigue, he decided to make his way to the ball.

…If only it wasn’t such a pain to walk up an unpaved path in dress shoes. He laughed a little at the idea of showing up in sneakers, briefly toying with the thought of going home for his pair.

Soon enough, Sunghyon came upon the manor. He took a moment standing at the edge of the courtyard to admire its structure—was huge and with a Victorian twist to it that he admired—before noticing a girl already there. He made sure his mask was secure on his face, tightening the straps as he approached her.

“Good evening,” he said. “Looks like we’re the first ones here."
code by Ri.a

Tamara
Tamara saw someone approach, looking around at the courtyard - Which Tamara had to admit, while it was pretty dated and not really her thing, still looked rather night. Then he walked up to her and started talking to her "Good evening." She greeted him back "Yeah, looks like. What do you think we'll find inside?" She asked. She briefly wondered if he'd notice she still had her laptop strapped over her shoulder even when wearing her white and purple dress. Sure, it wasn't exactly professional. But there was absolutely no way she was leaving it back home.

Front courtyard (Interacting: Kipsy Kipsy )

Bo Ah Lam

Bo wanted nothing more than drink down her cup and slink back to her room she kept shrouded in darkness. She had no windows there, but she also never turned on the lights. Night vision came in handy when you weren't a fan of light in general. Artificial light was sickening when she was under it too long, but she managed it at times.
Despite how she felt inside she remained calm and composed on the outside. She took another sip from her glass, her fangs making a soft tink against the glass.
She was drawn out of her thoughts by a voice teasing about being up early. Ha ha. Her face twisted into a soft pout. She was just getting ready to answer when Hazel started talking about why she was up, a long with the other nocturnals. The ball. Of course. She was letting them know to act human. It wouldn't be hard for her. She didn't look incredibly inhuman or act inhuman. She just needed to retract her fangs and stop talking about her previous centuries. And pretend like she didn't get horribly burned and cremated from the sun alone. She sometimes missed the sun, but she got to live far longer than humans and most creatures.
"I can also help with being human."
She piped up in her soft voice.

LegoLad659 LegoLad659

Marshall Icarys
Location:: Dining room | Mood:: Sleepy & Agitated | Interaction:: Pumpkid Pumpkid

Marshall had listened carefully to the words Hazel spoke hanging onto them like a newborn pup. When it came time for them to separate he was sad that he didn’t get to join her but understanding why she chose Illyria. He needed the most help while Marshall, on the other hand, needed the bare minimum. He was already educated in many of these things from watching humans and he was an extremely quick learner. “You need only show me once Castiel. I’ll learn it from that,” the dragon spoke as unemotional as ever. His stoic expression left no room for objection and the longer he stayed the colder the room would become. The only thing that he would need to be used to was using a human form without his wings. Marshall hovered everywhere he went and used his wings at all times. Without them, it felt awkward having to use his legs to move around rather than flight. His icy eyes looked to the bracelet he was receiving and inspected it from afar. He wasn’t the happiest but he was never going to show it.

Novalie Polaris
Location:: her penthouse apartment | Mood:: Excited | Interaction:: N/A
As her thoughts deepened she was only stirred by the loud ping of her laptop. An email had arrived notifying for her immediate attention. Nova looked over seeing the sender as the same from the letter she received and jumped to read its contents. Once reading through the excitement set in. “I have to get my dress and everything!” She enjoyed playing dress up and the masquerade would give her just that. A fancy ball gown, a pretty lace mask, and she was ready to go. Nova wanted to stand out in the crowd a bit more so she chose a fancier dress from her collection, a pale gold dress with black accents and a black mask with ears. She wasn't into the traditional ball gowns thinking it was way too old school and this would suit her shape better.

Last edited:
Sunghyon

Location: Front Courtyard | Mood: Excited| Interacting with: Tamara | Mentions: LegoLad659 LegoLad659

Shaking his head, Sunghyon sighed. “I’m not sure what we’ll find in there,” he admitted, the cool air around him helping soothe his anxiety. “I hope it’s fun, though. If things are a bit boring, we can always just raid the food and run.”

Once more he ran his eyes over the manor’s old-fashioned exterior. All the curtains had been drawn closed for some reason, which saddened him quite a bit. He was hoping to catch glimpses of their hosts through the windows.

“Do you know whose house this is?” Sunghyon asked. “I can’t lie: I’m concerned. At the same time though, this is pretty exciting. I’ve never been to a masquerade ball before.” He probably sounded like a little kid right now. Realization of that hit him and he rubbed the back of his head sheepishly. “Sorry.”
code by Ri.a

Tamara
Tamara shook her head in response to the man's question "I don't, no... I'm concerned as well." She admitted "I've never attended anything close to a formal event like this before, so why was I..." She trailed off, looking at him "...Ah, sorry. That's not anything you really need to know, is it?"

Sunghyon

Location: Front Courtyard | Mood: Excited| Interacting with: Tamara | Mentions: LegoLad659 LegoLad659

Sunghyon nodded. “You don’t have to tell me anything you don’t want to,” he confirmed, “not that I’m unwilling to listen, though. We don’t have much else to do right now, do we?” His eyes trailed over to the large door. “Unless we’re supposed to knock? To be honest, I’m not sure where to go from here.” It was embarrassing to admit his cluelessness.
code by Ri.a

Tamara
"Fair enough." Tamara replied, shrugging "And I assumed we were waiting for the others to show up before the host let us inside. It's just... This whole thing is really suspicious, you know?" She said, sighing "I'm more anxious that this is something nefarious than excited or anything."

April Chiodos

Kitchen/Tagged:
Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Pumpkid Pumpkid LegoLad659 LegoLad659 thespectacularstorm thespectacularstorm
Interaction: Castiel

April listened intently as Castiel explained what they needed to learn, and felt a momentary sense of relief. Acting human had become commonplace to her, since she had to keep her hairpin in place constantly. With an old-fashioned Victorian manor like this, flames were the last thing you wanted near the wooden frames or floor. She supposed there was the possible threat of it falling off, and her losing control of her emotions before she could put it back on...but that seemed like a worst-case scenario. No, what really concerned her was Castiel's statement that conversation and dance would be part of their studies.

"Is there a particular, human act to speaking and moving?" April wondered aloud, her brows furrowed in confusion. "I mean, I can twirl and spin, doesn't that constitute as dancing? And how are we properly supposed to speak?" With these questions, she wondered if she had been speaking and living incorrectly all this time. Maybe that's really why Hazel encouraged her to speak up...because her flaws in vocalizing were so terrible, she thought April needed all the practice she could get. She shook her head savagely, attempting to dispel such futile worries, but it was no use. All at once she was remembering her terrible dreams, and the image of losing control and setting flame to everything almost brought moisture to fall from her eyelids.

Thankfully, Bo's words washed away these anxious thoughts. April looked up at the vampire girl, who seemed confident in her abilities to blend in as human-like. And she wasn't the only one resolute in their abilities. Emma was light-hearted enough to smile towards the situation, and Marshall matter of factly stated that his wings would be the only matter of contention. April exhaled lightly, and like a candle bowing and bouncing back in the midst of a windy day, she let a smile enter her face as well. She had obviously been thinking too hardly on the situation, and needed to relax. Hazel wouldn't have set the date for the ball today, if she wasn't certain in their abilities. This was obviously just a warm-up, and worrying would only make things worse.

"I'm sorry for all the jumpiness, Cas. My nerves are just a jumbled mess of excitement and paranoia." April quickly apologized to him, resolving to silence her impetuous instincts and merely listen to him from then on.

8pm precisely as promised. The inside of the manor decorated with flashy designs. They called it a ball, but the people of the manor were up to date with today's culture. There is no need for poofy dresses or corsets. A formal dress will do. Same goes for males. Everyone took their places on the dance floor. Spectrals took form of humans, but did not speak as they only offered smiles and nods as if mute. What else would you expect from such lowly creatures? Music filling, masks hiding one's identities. The Chiodos family willing and ready to jump at the sight of their future partner walk right through that door. Hazel in the mean time gave a few pep talks to the children as they stood in the shade of the stairwell. A great view to see their guests enter. "Now remember. Try to relax. Act human. Behave. We'll reveal our identities in time and hopefully gain their trust. It will be rough with what I have planned, but I'm very sure it will work out." Hazel reassured. "The humans have arrived and are awaiting for the doors to open. Go and have fun, but remember to behave. Key word: Behave. You'll all do great. I believe in each and every one of you." The sound of the double doors creaking open indicated their the time to act was now. The chosen humans and some spectrals to flooded in as to not seem inconspicuous. Little did the humans know, as they entered is that the charm spell activated for precautions of her children possibly messing up. Their charms double enhanced securing their forms. Not that she did not believe in them, but with their insecurities there is a slight chance. Luckily for Hazel, she knew what's best.

William Veladreus
Ballroom: By the drink tables at the edge of the room
Interactions: n/a

William watched from the edge of the ballroom at everyone intermingling with each other, clutching a drink in his hand. Well intermingling was much too generous, more like a few people intermingling. He watches as most of the guests and servants smile and nod, not even saying word. Only music was playing in the background with conversations that were few and far between happening between some people who were already in the manor, which he assumes are part of the Chiodos family, and the people he saw at the fountain. That would be fine and all but the silence of almost everyone here severely bothered him. It was all so...eerie. So all he did was stand there clutching a drink that he refuses to swallow a drop of and ponder how it came to this.

………

William just stood there waiting with everyone else. He was feeling slightly appalled by the rudeness the currently unknown event host was showing by leaving them all waiting for something to happen at a fountain in a some random park. But he just continued to wait with everyone else as he had no desire to instigate a conversation with anyone. So he waited and waited until ding rings throughout the area, everyone got a notification at the same exact time. Checking his phone he frowns thinking to himself, “I received an invitation in the mail without a return address. Next I get this email but it’s to my personal email which should be completely private. I don’t like what’s happening here, is this a group kidnapping attempt? But why be so elaborate? There are much better ways of doing something like this. What’s going on?” William was very tempted to walk away now, not liking any of mystery involved with the whole situation. He glares at the dirt path mentioned in the email but taking a deep sigh he makes a leap of faith and walks onto it. When the path ended he saw the manor just as stated, he doesn’t claim to know the area all too well but the manor seems oddly placed and with only a dirt path leading up to it. All these suspicious facts keep piling onto one another but still William had made the decision to stay so he will abide by it. At exactly 8 pm sharp the doors opened and in the group walked and turning his head he noticed new people he didn’t recognize from the original group nor did he notice them until now. This just set him further on edge and so decided to take a couple steps back from this situation and so he grabbed a random drink from a table and walked to the edge of the room to observe just what the hell he got himself into.

………

Staring at all these inconsistencies William closes his eyes and pinches the bridge of his nose. He was getting a headache from all of this, he also really wanted to leave but wasn’t sure if leaving was a safe choice as these people went to some lengths to invite them with somehow finding his private email address. He should’ve just stayed home and never accepted this invitation, now he’s stuck in this suspicious party.

James Winthrop

James had almost been late. He was just getting done with his shift and realized he hardly had the time to get ready like he planned. So he hurried home, gave Mocha lots of love, and went to go change. When he received the invitation he had already started getting his outfit together. He decided to go all out. How many other times was he going to go to a Masquerade ball?
So he put on his suit, fixed his hair, and put on his mask. He looked himself over in the mirror and smiled. He looked nice and fancy. No one would think he was a barista at a tiny little cafe. He slipped the invitation into his suit pocket and grabbed the cane he'd bought to go with it all. He drove to the address on the invitation and found the doors were already open. He smiled and strode in through the doors, showing his invitation.
He looked around at all the masked people and decided to grab a drink. He just got a simple one and took a sip from it.

Bo Ah Lam

Bo was down in the ballroom, dressed in an old dress of hers from a previous ball and donned an ornate mask. She swept her hair up into an elegant bun and and slipped hair pins with red jewels into her hair. She finished it off with simple black heels. She wished she could look in a mirror, but that was a lost desire. She drank the last another cup of blood and licked her lips, her fangs retracting back to make her appear very human.
She, unlike most of the others in the ball, didn't get a drink. Her tastes were accustomed to blood and tasted only ash when she ate anything else. Yet another thing that had once upon a time saddened her beyond belief. As she looked around she saw the other girls wearing such short dresses. She preferred longer dresses for formal events, which was why she wore a dress from her younger years. She had loved the dress, holding onto the memento for just the right occasion. Which just so happened to be this ball.
She then looked at all the men. She saw some she immediately recognized as her fellow family. But then she was able to pick out the humans. She watched them carefully. If anyone of them made any threat to her family she wouldn't hesitate to take an early night snack, but she would be civil and make interactions.​

Marshall Icarys
Location:: Ballroom | Mood:: Nervous but Intrigued | Interactions:: N/A Mentions:: Pumpkid Pumpkid

They were only given a few hours after learning to adjust to the new form and humanize. When he looked at himself in the mirror after putting on the light blue bracelet he almost couldn't recognize himself. He looked normal for once, not a monster that scared away others. Hazel said he had to look his best for the ball if he wanted his potential human to have a good first impression on him so he focused on that for the past few hours. He wanted whoever this person was to like him, to adore him as much as he wanted to cherish her. If there was one motivator in all of this for him it was the need to not be lonely anymore.

When it came time for the ball to begin 'mother' requested to have a group meeting before they were to separate into the crowd. Marshall returned to the group dressed in a light blueish grey suit with a matching tie and his hair slicked back, save for a few wayward strands that fell in front of his eyes. He kept his mask slid up until he spotted guests arriving remembering that this was supposed to be a masquerade. The dragon didn't quite understand the purpose of masks if they were supposed to be finding their 'true love' but he didn't question what 'mother' had laid out for him. He just accepted it with careful obedience.

"Behave." Those words echoed in his mind as Hazel gave her final remarks on the matter. His eyes glanced to the door watching the unsuspecting humans filter in with differing expressions laid on their faces. Even with their faces and identities concealed Marshall could still tell how they felt with the look in their eyes. Most were nervous or scared while others were annoyed before the event truly started. It made him nervous sending butterflies into his stomach at the thought of being rejected by humans again. It lumped into a painful ball in his abdomen causing him to gently hold his stomach. The unsettling feeling wasn't something he wanted to feel ever again but still, his stoic expression showed otherwise. Marshall was never one to let anyone know of his inner thoughts and he wasn't about to start now. With a brave face, he stepped out from the shadows of the staircase ready to conquer this battle.

Novalie Polaris
Location:: Ballroom | Mood:: Awestruck & Nervous | Interactions:: N/A
Novalie took her time getting dressed in her gown and even hired someone to do her hair and makeup for her. She had both the time and the money so why not splurge for a fancy event. She had her hair fall in looser curls just past her shoulders with her bangs tied back in a waterfall braid. She opted for natural makeup as she generally preferred to accentuate her natural beauty, the only change being a smoky eye with gold highlights. She felt a good eye look would really pull the mask and dress together so that's what she had done to her face. It only took several hours to complete the way she wanted it, no big deal.

Once the hour was upon her to head to the designated location she had a driver take her there, as she refused to drive her own car to a place she never been, and drop her off. There she was entering the ballroom amidst the other guests dressed in her sparkling gold dress and bunny-eared mask. She had definitely made a statement of some sort with her choice of apparel but she was proud to be apart from the crowd, that was what made her a fashion influencer after all. Now that she was here in the thick of the crowd the jitters started to set in. Nova was in a room full of complete strangers and lacked the proper social skills to just openly introduce herself to any of the others around her. No! I can't punk out like this. She thought as she internally hyped herself up. This was a trait of herself that she wanted to overcome and by all means, she was going to do it here, even if it meant that she'd have to force herself. The poor girl just didn't know where to start so instead she opted to stand near the stairwell and watch as people continued to file in.

Emma
Emma tried not to groan as she walked out into the ballroom where the Humans had entered. She'd just spent literally the last six to seven hours practicing how to walk on Human legs, since she was so used to her snake tail. How on Earth did these people walk around on these things? It was so annoying, but she'd have to bear with it for a whole night, so she'd better not get agitated right away. She had to act Human, something she'd also discovered she had more difficulty doing than she thought she did. She thought it was just a matter of learning to walk on legs, but no, apparently it was much more involved than that. She also had to refrain from using her magic, and learn something called humility and politeness... Human society was already pissing her off and she wasn't even a part of it!

Still, she grinned and bore it for Hazel, knowing the witch wanted this night to go off without a hitch. She just wished it wasn't so annoying.

She stepped into the ballroom and took a look around, eyeing up the Humans scattered among the Spectrals and seeing which ones she liked...

Ballroom (Nearby: Literally everyone)

Tamara
Soon enough the time came, and the doors to the manor opened. Tamara walked in along with the many other people who had come to join them as well. She took a deep breath as she followed them - This was it, no turning back now. Now she was going to find out if this really was some kind of elaborate trap...

The first thing she checked, though, was if there was anything to eat. She wasn't much of a dancer, that was more Lisa's thing. But considering the venue she'd give it a shot, she just had to sit and watch the others dance for a bit to see if she could get a feel for it by seeing first.

Ballroom (Nearby: Literally everyone)

Sunhi

Location: Ballroom | Mood: Nervous | Interacting with: N/A | Mentions: N/A

Taking in a deep breath, Sunhi adjusted the straps of her mask. She’d done this so many times over the past few minutes she was sure she looked like a fool. Then again, perhaps it was the fact that she’d tripped over thin air when entering the manor in the first place that had her right back on edge. That had to be the single most embarrassing moment of her life.

To be fair, it wasn’t entirely her fault. She didn’t wear heels very often. In fact, she was so concerned about her walking capabilities in those shoes she’d brought a spare pair of flats with her. Said flats now adorned her tiny feet because there was no way in hell she would let herself trip again.

Sunhi took shelter at the food table, watching her fellow attendees move around the room. A part of her wished she had the courage to interact with them, but, after her… incident, she didn’t feel up to socializing. No, she was just going to satisfy her cravings with the chocolate fountain until the party was over.
code by Ri.a

Hiseki Naoru

Location: Ballroom buffet table |Mood: Happy and intrigued|Interacting with: James Winthrop | Mentions: Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6

Hiseki repositioned her mask as she made her way into the ball. Her curly purple hair was cascading down down to her hip, and she had tied the front pieces behind her head in a small cute bun in the back. She looked around the ballroom in amazement, taking in everyone there. All the nerves she felt before seemed to leave themselves at the door as she explored the area around her with her eyes. She had a small smile on her face as she saw all the masks, suits, and dresses. All of them looked extravagant in their own right, and she loved how unique all the attendees looked. She stood to the side not really feeling comfortable enough to dance yet, but she was in fact still enjoying herself. She eyed a few people she thought were interesting like the girl in the sparkly gold dress with a bunny mask, or the man decked out in a grey suit which was topped by a mask that reminded her of old fashioned armor. Everything about her matched today. Purple hair, violet eyes, dark purple mask and dress, and purple heels.

She started walking around the ball to take in everything. She spotted the buffet table and headed in that direction to get herself a small cup of water. She wasn't that thirty, it was more that being surrounded by so many people had made the air around her a little too warm for comfort. Plus it gave her something to do. She spotted a male who seemed to also have the same idea as her. He had a fancy looking cane, and a horned mask. She gave them a little smile of acknowledgement. She wasn't sure if the other wanted to be left alone or not so she didn't open her mouth to speak. She instead took a sip of the refreshing beverage.

Nathanel Chiodos (Nate)
(Location: Ballroom/ Tagged: thespectacularstorm thespectacularstorm )
The night is young, and so too did Nathan feel the same. Having fully practiced with Castiel and in front of the mirror, he checked himself out forgetting how attractive he can be in a suit. He was so used to being shirtless and half naked. White hair hair slicked back nicely from only one side. His choice of attire accomadated with his mask made him quite flashy. He smirks feeling the sense of cockiness again having been known for it. The knock knock on his door brings him out of his trance. "Come in!" He permitted finding Cas enter his room. "Time to go. Hazel has gathered everyone for a quick pep talking." "A pep talking I really don't need. I'm used to interacting with other humans." Nathan pouted. A brow quirks on the raven haired man as he points out the pup's tail swaying behind him. "Oh and I suppose you have thst under control?" Nate looks over his shoulder to find his tail swaying. "Gah! O-of course I do!" He argued embarrassed while shoving his tail down as it will solve the problem. "Just put on your charm and head out pup." Cas scoff excusing himself. "I'm not a pup!" Nate barked. After a moment of silence he let out a defeated sigh. It could not be helped that the charm was a mandatory accessory futile to this party. Once the cuff is attached to his left, he tucks it under his sleeve, retrieves his mask and wanders out of the door muttering, "here we go".

Once Hazel finished her pep talk to everyone, everyone took the liberty of scattering to their choice of human. Nate sighs leaning against the rail of the stairs. He had hoped to be excited about it, but every human he's taken notice seemed dull and uninteresting. He took a moment to judge every one of them. A dude with a pony tail stood over by the drinks. Bo stood across just watching him. "Oi vey girl just go talk to him." He scoffed to himseld a little amused. Next was Emma. Ah Emma, the upity Lamina. Although her characteristics is not ideal when socially interacting, Nathan still cared for her as she is family. The woman stood around searching for a human as well. He followed the gaze of wherever she stared at the longest. His eventually locked onto a blond young lady standing idly by on the other side of the stairwell. Instantly, his interest is piqued juat by her radiant figure. If he could conjure his tail it would be wagging right now. His excitement rose jumping at this opportunity before anyone else snatched his prey-err human. Clipping on his wolf like masquerade mask, Nathan turdges over the the stairs meeting up with a nervous Marshall first seeing the tension from his form. A hand is placed on Marshall's shoulder given a toothy smile. "Relax. We'll help you if you need it. We gotta stick together remember? Now go find your mate." After quoting Hazel, Nate quickly approaches Novalie practically spinning in front of her as his entrance. He beamed at the lovely woman. He stood back a few steps realizing he possibly startled the beauty. He felr a bit bashful for doing so. "Hi there. How are you enjoying our party? My name is Nathan by the way." He greeted stretching his hand for her to shake. Instead he retracts finding a vase full of flowers nearby, reaching behind her and plucking a flower to give to her.

Valeria Ruiz
(Location: Ballroom/ Tagged: Funeral Funeral )
Once tbe double doors opened, Valeria was amazed by the architecture of the manor. Outside things appeared smaller than the inside. How is it a posibility that such a manor can stretch so far? Nevertheless, there are more matters to attend to. She was the last to arrive having nearly forgotten about her invitation to the party. Luckily she held a black dress and a masquerade mask intact a few days prior after recieving the invite. It seemed so suspicious at first with all the emails and several others getting them at the same time and without her even noticing. Now that she's here in person, she did not feel the need to feel worried. There were others participating than a few from the fountain. Good! Waiters/waitresses wandering here and their servicing. This whole scenery was like a fantasy straight out of a princess movie. The only thing she needed is to search for prince charming. Maybe she will indeed find him here. She has been taking the chance to flirt with people. Hopefully nobody takes notice of how much of a noob she is. Valeria hums to the merry music watching everyone as she stood to the side teying to figure out whom to choose to interact with first.

Last edited:
Bo Ah Lam

Bo had found interest in the man who spoke to no one. Everyone was socializing, but he just stood to the side watching. She, too, stood to the side and watched instead of socializing, but her eyes were watching him.
Her head snapped over to Nathan, who practically yelled at her to go over. She rolled her eyes and grabbed a corner of her skirt, walking over to the man. She grabbed a drink along the way so she wouldn't seem odd. She stopped near him and offered him a small smile.
"Good evening, Sir. I am glad you were able to attend our ball."
PyroMonomania PyroMonomania

James Winthrop

James looked at the people all talking and interacting. He looked over when a sweet looking girl came over and smiled at him. He over her a smile back.
"This is a really nice ball, huh? Not many people still throw them now."
L3n L3n

Marshall Icarys
Location:: Ballroom | Mood:: Awkward | Interactions:: LegoLad659 LegoLad659 Mentions:: Pumpkid Pumpkid Radio_Rat66.6 Radio_Rat66.6 Lenny2000 Lenny2000

Being reassured by Nathan, the most immature out of all of them, was not something he expected. He constantly forgot that werewolves can sort of 'smell' emotions and his careless use of them were dead giveaways. Everything the lad said was true, they were all in this together and nothing would change that. She's going to love him. After watching Nathan practically throw himself at a girl who was rather beautiful for a human, and getting a little smirk out of it, Marshall took to finding his own mate.

He looked around spotting the others already making their moves on human targets. Bo seemed more like she was ready to bite this man than mate with him but he knew she was better than that. She was a respectable woman and kind from what he's seen around the house. He wondered how a person as prickly as Emma or as unpredictable as Illyria were going to find mates for themselves but he hoped they'd be okay. Even if he preferred to talk to them the least in the household, finding their personalities the most clashing, he was always ready to help them should the need arise.

His pale blue orbs scanned the room again feeling down that he hadn't found anyone that warranted his attention until he spotted a purple haired girl off in the distance. She was by the food looking a little out of it from what he could gather. Maybe she's the person I've been looking for... Marshall thought as he calmly walked over to her. He tapped lightly on her shoulder to call her attention hoping it didn't startle her. "Hello umm... Are you enjoying the festivities..? You look sort of... perturbed. My name is Marshall by the way, what's yours?" His soft voice had a tinge of his accent in it as he tried to converse with her. He didn't want to appear strange for approaching her so he attempted to spark up some form of conversation.

Novalie Polaris
Location:: Ballroom | Mood:: Flustered | Interaction:: Pumpkid Pumpkid

Nova was steadily watching the sea of people as some, more awkwardly than others, tried to communicate while some silently stared at each other. It was strange but they were all complete strangers with masks brought together through some suspicious letter. She let out a sigh as she fiddled with the slit of her dress. I could've stayed home for this. She puffed out her cheek upset that she lacked the courage to enjoy social encounters. She felt like she was letting herself down.

As she was getting lost in her pit of self-pity a boy startled her by jumping in front of her. Her heart started racing at the sudden interaction and almost backed away from him from how close he started to become. Nathan's a cute name... She thought to herself as she looked the much taller male over. He offered her a rose, presumably from a nearby vase, and her cheeks flushed a bright red. A rose? Nobody's ever offered her flowers out of context without her having made them a dress or completed a business deal. "F-For me..?" The girl managed the mutter as she looked up into his eyes. The romantic gesture reminded her of the otomes she would read where the gallant main character would woo the female protagonist with small gestures of affection and sweep her off her feet. She blushed furiously as she took the rose into her hand, avoiding the thorns so they wouldn't prick her fingers. "M-My name's Novalie! You can just call me Nova since my name is hard to pronounce correctly... I-I mean.." She fumbled with her words trying to express herself without sounding pretentious. Her fingers traced the stem of the rose carefully as she spoke next. "You can call me whatever you like. It's a pleasure to meet you, Nathan." Her natural attraction to him didn't help with her trying to speak. Not only did he tower over her but he was a well dressed, attractive party-goer much like herself. From his slicked-back hair to his pretty eyes it was hard for Nova to feign confidence with someone like him. She just needed to relax, she was overthinking things.

Illyria...
Ballroom/ mentioned: L3n L3n LegoLad659 LegoLad659

Illyria awaits in the stairwell in a magnificent tuxedo with a beautifully decorated masquerade mask In his hands. He also was putting on colored contacts to look human as it is a beautiful emerald green color as an illusion to further hide his true identity.
FM-79247.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Placing the contacts over his orange eyes first and then the mask would be a perfect plan for him " I can't wait..." he murmurs to himself but all was to change as the hoards of people and spectres walk in as he shakes nervously a bit " I question if ugly snake girl will ever get anyone ... " he gets smug at Emma before walking down to maneuver his way around the spectres.

Nerves get all over his body trembling but it does not hinder the mania enduced immortal as he puts on the chaos charm , further calming his senses as he wanders aimlessly throughout the ballroom.

Eventually after constantly wandering he bumps into Hiseki at the refreshment area... while walking backwards ... he eventually turns around to see the beautiful woman standing before him as he felt a strong urge to whistle at her beauty but the double charm effect refrains him from anything like that " Sorry bout that , it gets a bit like a maze when you wander around here . My name is Illyria by the way , what's yours?" He offers a handshake to her and bows lightly soon after, a fake yet very convincing positive smile slapped on his face as he tried to put on a good impression .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back