• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here

SilverRose

Sweetheart
In the teens lives has always been a lot of strife. No one seemed to want them and they were unloved by their caregiver. The woman who owned the orphanage always suggested to people that they should adopt a teen but no one ever wants them they just want the babies. But one faithful day all the teens are in the girls bedroom eating their dinner and the owner of the orphanage comes up and tells the teens to pack their things.

They all look confused and she smiles as she exclaims "you are all going to a brand new home so get ready they'll be here at sundown" she smirks and walks away as the teens look around the room some excited all nervous. Someone taking in all eight of them? They must be insane.

Scarlett had been sitting on her bed eating the slop they called food. When she heard the news she didn't feel anything emotion about it. She was just ready to turn 18 and then finally be free. The news did make her wonder what kind of Psychopathic person was this.

1593113208426.png "We're getting Adopted?!" Dean exclaims in excitement as he jumps up.. which wasn't very high considering his small frame and tiny body. The orphanage food was hardly enough to support him so his body decided to miniaturize as to avoid starvation and malnutrition. He couldn't help but hug Atalanta who was next to him out of joy. "We're finally going to have a home and we're still going to be together!" He happily declared to the others as he threw his arms into the air causing the sleeves of the oversized sweatshirt he had to flip around. Having already finished his food and seeing Scarlet was being a downer again Dean slid out of his chair and walked over to give her a hug. "Cheer up Scarlet! We're going to have a home!"
ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi SilverRose SilverRose

Last edited:
unnamed.gifBy the way the floor vibrated, Z could tell that Dean was jumping. Z initially got caught up in his excitement and she exclaimed, “We’re getting a new home!” Right after saying this, her joy turned to anxiety. Being blind, it took Z a long time to learn exactly where everything was in the current home. She dreaded the idea of having to learn a new design.

The orphan owner told Z that the reason she was blind is because she was a bad girl. Z was told if she was good she could see again. Z tried very hard to be good, but it must not have been enough since she still cannot see. “I was sure that by the time I left, I would be able to see again,” she said and started crying.

EldridSmith EldridSmith SilverRose SilverRose

Atal
122aec28c1d69f00bd5222e495ea5179.jpg
anta was seated on the floor as they ate their dinner. She nearly choked on her food as the news was delivered. Forcing herself to follow swallow as Dean hugged her. She paused a second before hugging him back. It was nice seeing him this excited, it helped her feel excited to but she couldn't help to also be confused. She smiled a bit more as Zelda also chimed in with excitement.
"You're right Dean, this'll be great."
She was smiling pleasantly till Zelda started crying. She quickly got up and went to her side. Reaching out she touched Zelda's shoulder gently to comfort her.
"Shhh.... it's okay, just breath. I know you want to see but I'm sure they'll still love you just the same," she said calmly, pulling her into a hug. She continued looking around at the rest of the group, "plus we're all gonna here to help you. Right guys."
The last part wasn't so much a question but a command. Whether or not it was actually true she didn't want Zelda to cry and needed every one else to help give Zelda the reassurance she needed.

Indigo Caopi
“Adopted?” Indigo slid off of the bed and stood up. “But by who?” As they moved to get closer to the owner, she was already out the door. In their own opinion, Indigo couldn’t care less about being adopted. They were already seventeen, and soon enough they would be able to leave and live life on their own. With a new caretaker, doing so would make things so much harder. They glanced over at Scarlet, who was a bit older then themself. She had even less time before she was out of there, so it must be just as if not more disturbing for her to have to undergo adoption. Just as Indigo was about to consult with her about it, their attention was snagged by another girl who began to cry. Instantly, Indigo was crouched in front of the blind girl. “Hey,” Their tone was dull, but by now the others were used to it, including Zelda, who was now caught in Atalanta’s embrace. They could really go for one of those right about now. “Without a doubt you’ll be able to see, even if it takes time. And we are all here for you, no matter what happens.”

Aera Typhore
Aera has been siting on the bed next to Indigo. She would have sat further away from the others, but they had insisted that she stay closer to the others. Even while being around them for some time, she still secluded herself. When the owner mentioned them all being adopted, her heart stopped for a moment. She hoped to be able to just stay at the orphanage until she grew out of it like either Scarlet or Indigo would have, but now that’s not even a possibility for them. She scooted a little away from the others and tried to make herself appear smaller. She wasn’t ready to deal with this. Zelda wasn’t either, as she did manage to break down. Others rushed to her, and Aera could only watch. Atalanta turned to everyone, expecting them all to agree with her in helping Zelda, and while Indigo readily agreed, Aera let out a quiet “Y-yeah..”

Scarlett pushes Dean off of her. "What have I said about the touching! Stop it!" She then gets off her bed walking to Zelda. "Hey Z they're lying do you know that? You're not blind because you are bad and you should just give up hope of seeing again. Now everyone start packing we gotta new prison guard and I would rather not piss them off by being late." She walks to her bed and starts to put her close in a duffle bad. She's always hated this place and she also hates people. Since she was left at the orphanage right after birth she has grown accustom to not liking anyone.

She stands up on her bed and reaches in a hole in the wall. She pulls out about 12 packs of cigarettes and a couple lighters. "Anyone want one? Might be your last opportunity?" She lights one and starts smoking.

1593735252802.png Dean smiled at being hugged by Atalanta as the two were the huggers of the group and he enjoyed her company, and he was happy to see Zelda was also excited for getting adopted, she had always been a cute little sister to almost everyone. Zelda soon started crying because she believed the lies of the mean owner. He wanted to go over and hug her too but he was trying to cheer up Ms. Grumpy. "Shhh Zelda it will be alright." He called to her as Atalanta began trying to comfort Z as well. "Of course we're going to help!" He said while a few of the others agreed. Soon Dean pouts at being pushed away by Scarlet before she talked to Zelda. "Quit being so mean Scarlet!" Dean yells back as he walks over to hug Zelda and Atalanta comfortingly. Indigo also walked over to try and help comfort Z which Dean appreciated. "No those are bad for you and you know it." He says being both upset and concerned towards Scarlet. "If you're going to smoke do it elsewhere, I don't want you to give the other secondhand smoke." His small frame being anything but threatening he would go over and take them from Scarlet if he was tall enough and strong enough to... but he wasn't so he could just huff at her. His attention soon returned to the others. "Hey cheer up now! Let's get our stuff ready so we can get out of this place to meet our new family." He said with a beaming smile.
SilverRose SilverRose ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi Superfly47 Superfly47 CherWiz CherWiz

(small quick post)
hardly even a teen baloren would jump up and down excitedly at the prospect of being adopted especially since he’d get to stay with all of his friends “yay yay we’re getting adopted we‘re getting adopted wooooo” he‘d shout out happily, baloren has always been a particularly childish compared to the other teens why exactly wasn’t too obvious prehaps it had been a mindset to try and get adopted though if it was why he’d not dropped it now was a mystery. “Oh oh maybe they will be super nice? I bet they will be yeah”

unnamed.gifZelda hugged Atalanta back, “Thank you. It’s just scary, going to a new place, not knowing where anything is. Would you describe the new world to me?”

After Indigo gave his reassuring words, Zelda still hugging Atalanta, outstretched one of her hand towards him, indicating that she wants him to join the hug.

Her friend’s comments made Zelda feel better and stop crying, then Scarlett spoke up. Zelda got sad, “You don’t think I’ll ever see.” Zelda began crying again. Dean took his turn trying to reassure Zelda, telling her it will be alright, she said, “I don’t know.” She wiped tears from her face, “Do you think they’ll be many other kids at the new home?”

EldridSmith EldridSmith SilverRose SilverRose ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi CherWiz CherWiz

Atalanta was relieved that some of the others had chimed in to help Zelda cheer up. She was even a bit surprised when Aera had even spoke up at all. Looking over at the girl Atalanta offered a sympathetic smile, not really sure how to actually comfort the Aera yet.
Following in suit with Zelda, Atalanta extended an arm to allow Indigo in. As she gave a gentle, reassuring squeeze she heard Zelda snapping at Dean. while holding onto Zelda she watched Scarlett approach. Hearing Scarlett's next words irritated her to no end, but she dare not show that to the rest of them. As much as she cared about Scarlett she definitely hated her attitude. Shooting her a quick nasty look before returning her attention back to Zelda.
"I'm mean she does have a point; you're not blind because your bad, but don't give up hope. Who knows what can happen with technology and science," she said, trying to help Zelda calm back down again. She rubbed Zelda's head, tousling her hair while she pondered Zelda's question.
"Maybe, it does seem possible since they got all of us," she said. Pausing to stand up she helped pull Zelda to her feet before continuing, "Now lets get packed up. Let me know if you need help."
She moved over to her bed and began packing her clothes and few belongings into a suitcase. Getting to a small jewelry she stopped packing. Taking a deep breath, she sat down as memories of her mother began flooding back. The jewelry bow was made of wood and had intricate designs but was covered charred burn marks. Before she was born her father had left her mother but Atalanta's mother had done a wonderful job supporting Atalanta as a single mother. That was until a bit before Atalanta's 8th birthday when her apartment had caught fire. Atalanta was able to survive thanks to her mother, who didn't make it due to breathing in too much smoke. This box was a family heirloom, one of the only things that they had been able to save from the fire.

Indigo Caopi
Indigo was delighted to see that Zelda and Atalanta, as well as Dean, all willlingly invite them into the hug. They quickly moved into the embrace, the additional body heat doing wonders for their current state if confusion. They gave one last squeeze before pulling away, a smile proudly showing on their face. “Thanks,” they said, grateful for the physical contact they could get. Their mood instantly soured as Scarlet was quick to bring the hammer down on Zelda’s dream. “Might want to calm down there a bit,” they warned. It wouldn’t be the best for them to start their new lives arguing. They faced Scarlet as she began to pack for the move. “I know it’s frustrating having such a sudden change of plans, but we just to bear through with it just keep going.” Knowing that she likely wouldn’t respond kindly, Indigo sighed. “Well, I better started packing up myself, so I’ll be in the other room.” With that said they left the room and head towards their own room further down the hall.
EldridSmith EldridSmith ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi SilverRose SilverRose Superfly47 Superfly47

Aera Typhore
Aera could only watch the scenario play out in front of her. As quick as positivity filled the room, Scarlet was quick to throw it out with her despair. The room suddenly felt heavier to her and Aera was scared to move. She just sat there without uttering another word. What could she have said? Hey guys I think we should just calm down and go back to being excited about our new lives! Yea like that would work. Her rarity in joining conversation would only make her stand out in an almost cliche sort of scene. She only moved again when their oldest members moved to pack. She quickly followed suit, scurrying past the others to get to her own bed when she began to pack up all her belongings.

1593113208426.png Dean was happy to see Baloren was excited too as he held Zelda and Atalanta. "I don't know but I can't wait to find out! Now go get packed and we can find out together!" He says reassuringly to Z before rushing off to get his things. Due to how small he was and the way the owner ran things his clothes were all in a suitcase already because she didn't want to spend money on getting him a wardrobe. He quickly returned to set his bag down by the door before walking into Atlanta's room and giving her a hug while she looked at her necklace. "Hey... if we're adopted by the same people can we still..." He says timidly, his words trailing off as he didn't know how to finish his statement as he was too timid to, instead he said something other than his intentions. "Can we still act the same?"
Everyone Everyone ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi

unnamed.gifZelda really appreciated the hugs she is getting. “Thanks guys, I just really want to see.” Zelda has looked forward to seeing for a long time and she sometimes wonders if it will ever happen. After Atalanta helps Zelda up, Zelda says, “Thanks Atalanta, I know I can be a burden sometimes, but I do try.”

Then Zelda put her hands against the walls to help her walk to her room. On her bed was a closed suitcase. She rubbed her hands over it but couldn’t figure out what it was. She wondered if she was supposed to put her clothes on top and carry it like a thick tray. Then she found a zipper, she pulled on it and opened a little part of the side. She started to put her hand inside, then she got scared of what could be inside. What if there was an animal that would bite her fingers off. The unknown is very scary for Zelda and her imagination can run wild sometimes. She made her way to Atalanta’s room and knocked, “Atalanta, can you help me? I can’t figure the strange box. Just be careful, okay?”

ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi

1593912602241.png
Adam shuffled amongst his possessions, packing them away with tender care. An old hoodie was folded neatly, along with his other clothes. Toothbrush and paste were stashed in a bag, tucked into his suitcase. His fingers lightly brushed against a battered copy of Atlas Shrugged, and a smile ghosted across his face. That was his favorite novel, and he'd spent long hours reading it.

A few odds and ends went into the pack, and he sauntered out of his room (hopefully never to return).

Scarlett pushes Dean off of her. "What have I said about the touching! Stop it!" She then gets off her bed walking to Zelda. "Hey Z they're lying do you know that? You're not blind because you are bad and you should just give up hope of seeing again. Now everyone start packing we gotta new prison guard and I would rather not piss them off by being late." She walks to her bed and starts to put her close in a duffle bad. She's always hated this place and she also hates people. Since she was left at the orphanage right after birth she has grown accustom to not liking anyone.

She stands up on her bed and reaches in a hole in the wall. She pulls out about 12 packs of cigarettes and a couple lighters. "Anyone want one? Might be your last opportunity?" She lights one and starts smoking.
"Geeze, lighten up. Anyone who wants eight kids has got to be either rich or mad, and madmen can't adopt," Adam said. "And be nice. We're all in this together, after all. Also, stop smoking. Those'll kill you."

Adam hated smoking, and alcohol. They just ruined lives, and in his opinion were no better than cocaine or any other drug. He reached out to snatch the smokes with a swift motion.

Scarlett snarled at all of them as she finished packing and had to pry her cigerattes pack from him. "It's not like a have a reason to live so why not have fun till I die. Also I think our new owner is going to be ex military. He wasn't to turn us into young soldiers and teach us about respect and that also means we'll get punished with physical labor." She is saying most of this just to make some of the kids nervous it didn't bring her joy scaring them. She just wanted to always prepare everyone for the worst. "Anyways guys get your shit packed put it downstairs and be ready to have your soul sucked away." She takes her bag down where the front door was and then she sighed. She soon came back up and climbed out the window sitting on the roof to smoke and let out the pent up emotions she had.

Scarlett snarled at all of them as she finished packing and had to pry her cigerattes pack from him. "It's not like a have a reason to live so why not have fun till I die. Also I think our new owner is going to be ex military. He wasn't to turn us into young soldiers and teach us about respect and that also means we'll get punished with physical labor." She is saying most of this just to make some of the kids nervous it didn't bring her joy scaring them. She just wanted to always prepare everyone for the worst. "Anyways guys get your shit packed put it downstairs and be ready to have your soul sucked away." She takes her bag down where the front door was and then she sighed. She soon came back up and climbed out the window sitting on the roof to smoke and let out the pent up emotions she had.
Adam also sighed, and knocked on the windowsill.

"Hey, it's all right. This is just another change in our lives. We're going to be fine, and if this person is unpleasant I'll make a call. I'm almost eighteen as well, at any rate."

He then walked downstairs, and set his gear down. After a moment his feet bore him up the stairs, and he looked around.

"Anyone else need anything?"

Atalanta jumped in surprise when Dean hugged her. She had been caught up in her own nostalgia that she hadn't even noticed him approaching. Startled, she forgot to hug him back, till trying to focus after being pulled so abruptly from her own thoughts. She studied his face, watching his lip's move, but the sounds not quite reaching her at first. "Can we still act the same."
The question perplexed her, so she opted to just agree. "Um, yeah... of course. Why wouldn't we?" She reassured, still unsure of where such a question had come from. She gave him an sad uncertain smile as she tousled his hair. Hearing Zelda asking for help she jumped up.
"Come on Dean, lets go help her," she said. Putting her jewelry box into her suitcase, she quickly closed it. Ushering Dean along she went to go help Zelda.
"It's just you suit box Zelda. Here, I'll get your things packed," Atalanta explained to Zelda, Helping her feel the suit box to show her it's nothing to be afraid of. She then went about gathering Zelda's stuff up to pack away.

1593113208426.png Dean couldn't admit he liked her yet and the concern of being unable to marry someone "related" to you was present in his mind despite never thinking of it before. He huffed slightly at the hair ruffling but soon smiled after. "Ah... don't worry about it." He says before Z enters. He nods in response to Atalanta in regards to helping out. He handed Z's items to Atalanta so she could help pack them. Zelda was like a little sister to the two of them so he was familiar with helping her out with things like this. "Hey... what do you think will happen to us when we turn 18?" Dean asks the two as he thinks about the future... he was in an odd mood due to the shaking up of everything.
ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi Superfly47 Superfly47

unnamed.gifZelda greatly appreciated the help that Atalanta and Dean gave her. “Thanks, I’m really glad you’re both here to help me. I couldn’t imagine having to handle things by myself.” She picked up her packed suitcase. It seemed strange to her that her life’s belongings could fit in a little box. They weren’t her valuable, her valuables her the connections she developed with her family.

Zelda was surprised by Dean’s question about what will happen after turning 18. She always assumed they would be together forever. “Aren’t we always going to be together?” Zelda said nervously. She couldn’t imagine being on her own. The thought was so terrifying that Zelda couldn’t even think about it. In anger she yelled, “We’re always going to be together” and stomped her foot. The yelling was to distract herself from the pain of even contemplating being utterly alone.

EldridSmith EldridSmith ArchAngelLexi ArchAngelLexi

Indigo Caopi
It didn’t take long for Indigo to finish their packing. In the backpack they originally carried in, there were a couple outfits, their sanitary needs, about 40 dollars in cash they hid from the owner, and a couple snack bars, as well as a small plush dog they’ve kept since they first were admitted. With their bag not quite heavy on their shoulders, they followed the hallway down the stairs where the others kids were already set to leave. Indigo paused at Adam, who asked about needing anything else. “Well, yeah. Who wouldn’t do for just some general knowledge of where we’re actually going?” They cracked a smile. “But I guess we can do without it for now. Who are we still waiting for?”

Aera Typhore
Aera slowly put her things away into her shoulder bag, listening in on what the others were saying. Dean asked about Atalanta about acting the same, and Aera couldn’t help but smile as she faced away from them. Her observant nature had allowed to catch glimpses of the way Dean would look at her, and Aera assumed he must like Atalanta. Aera would be jealous of these minute interactions, but her antisocial tendencies kept her from being too bothered. As she zipped up the bag and sling it over her shoulder, Aera jumped at Zelda sudden stomping. She turned as the girl yelled of them staying together no matter what, and Aera sighed in relief. She didn’t know what she would do on her own. Even if it didn’t look it, she cared about the others. As she passed the others three she gave them a smile and joined the rest downstairs. There she gave herself a little space and silently waited.

Scarlett finished her cigeratte and swings back into the room the sun starting to set as nightfalls occurs. "Ok fellow prisoners let's go downstairs if we're late we're gonna get an ear full. Now get ready to have hell on Earth." The owner of the orphanage is downstairs waiting patiently as Scarlett heads down. The owner gives Scarlett a yellow packet and then leaves. Scarlett opens to packet and looks inside. She sees pictures of an actual prison and of some military men. She gets nervous but tries to hide the pictures from everyone actually scared now.

Scarlett finished her cigeratte and swings back into the room the sun starting to set as nightfalls occurs. "Ok fellow prisoners let's go downstairs if we're late we're gonna get an ear full. Now get ready to have hell on Earth." The owner of the orphanage is downstairs waiting patiently as Scarlett heads down. The owner gives Scarlett a yellow packet and then leaves. Scarlett opens to packet and looks inside. She sees pictures of an actual prison and of some military men. She gets nervous but tries to hide the pictures from everyone actually scared now.

Adam yawned, placing a hand over his mouth, and picked up his suitcase. He shot Scarlett a smile.

“Don’t worry! I’m certain that this will be for the best, in the end,” he said. “Let’s go.” He descended the stairs, and took one last look around. He’d almost miss this place.

Almost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back