• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

AgentFire

Welcome to the Chaos.
For many years, I've gone by the name of Agent, and while I have a few other titles I've taken on, this is typically my preferred one. I am a pansexual 23 year old, currently working on a Bachelor's degree so that I can get a job as a middle school teacher. My pronouns are he/they, though I'm not super picky. I'm a ball of anxiety and depression, but on my better days, I like to put off joyful and friendly vibes, and I'm usually the first one to crack a joke. I share all this with you, because when I find a partner, I'm not simply looking for somebody to write with. I would like to find a new friend, one I can talk to on the regular, about life, about the plot, whatever the conversation may be. Hell, if you're interesting and open enough, I'm also an avid gamer, and am always open to gaming with others. But enough about me, as lame as it can be, we need ground rules you see.

General Rules/Expectation

I'm not some dictator, and I won't bombard you with rules and restrictions that make it impossible to work together. There's just a couple of things I need. One thing I cannot, will not, budge on however, is that I need my partner to be 18+. As I mentioned, I'm 23, and I'm no longer comfortable with roleplaying with people that age. I may sound like an old man here, but if you're under 18, you should probably go roleplay with somebody your own age, just as I did when I was under 18. Which leads into my next thing, I've been roleplaying on and off for around 10 years. I feel old even saying it, but it's the truth. That being said, one of the biggest things I've learned in my experience is that life is complicated and life will find ways to disrupt the most well thought out plans. So, please, do not stress about deadlines for roleplay posts. I'd prefer to roleplay actively, maybe even multiple times a day, but that is an ideal most cannot achieve, myself included, so if it's only once a day, or a couple of times during the week, that's fine. And if life completely throws you off the rails, I get it, I understand. I'm ghost-friendly, because I know I've done it before, but if you're able to, please let me know. I won't hold it against you, but at least knowing will help me be more at ease. And similarly, if you just need a break, and plan to return when things are under control, let me know then too, if you can. I'm flexible and understanding. Now, as for post length, I'm typically a matcher, so whatever you give me, as long as it moves things along, I can work with and I can respond to. I'd prefer that you spell/grammar check, but I know nobody is perfect, and I'm sure people will notice errors in this post right here, so again, I won't burn you at the stake for some small little mistake. Me, personally, I have a bad habit of overusing commas, which again, I'm sure you can see, probably in this sentence alone. xD

Minis
These are my bread and butter, my pride and joy. Over my time roleplaying, I've continually developed and improved on this species, these mythical creatures. And while they don't have to be a focal point of whatever we roleplay, if you're interested in working with them, I'm always interested. For that reason, I dedicate this little section to explaining what they are and how they work. And know that I'm flexible on making changes to them, if I believe it will help enhance the plot.

• Minis are, as their name would suggest, small. My estimates have changed over the years, but I generally put them somewhere between 1/4 and 1 inch tall (.635 to 2.54 cm.). The goal is for them to go relatively undetected, which contributes to their mythicality.
  • Despite their size, they are quite durable, built to withstand the weight of 1,000,000 lbs/453592 kg. Their skin is practically impenetrable, except for gold, which is deadly to them in the same way silver is to werewolves. Besides being impenetrable, their bodies can withstand extreme temperatures.
  • Alongside all of their durability, Minis also do not have bones and organs, which leads to their bodies becoming extremely malleable. If stepped on, for example, their bodies would flatten and conform to the space that is left behind.
  • In order to help bridge the communication barrier, Minis are also highly telepathic. They can communicate through thought, and even share lucid dreams with each other and humans. The catch is though, they need to have skin-to-skin contact with whoever they're trying to use their telepathic abilities with. If that connection is broken, so is the link.
Plots
After all that talk about Minis, I think it's important that I include at least a couple of plots showcasing them.

It's a Small World After All
Muse A is just a regular human, living their regular human life. Yet one day, fate will intervene and drag them into affairs far beyond what they could have ever imagined. Muse B is a Mini, and currently, the Minis are entering a period of civil war. Back and forth the leaders had been arguing about letting the humans into their world, and to have them stop hiding in the shadows. Some scientists on the pro-human movement have developed a shrinking ray of sorts, that will allow humans to become their size and walk through their society. Leaders from the anti-human movement are working to find this device and destroy it, fearing that humans will ultimately lead to their downfall, by kidnapping them, using them for experiments, or worst of all, enslaving them. The fears aren't unwarranted, due to their small stature, and how easy it would be to overpower them. Muse B, however, is on the pro-human side, and is currently working to find somebody trustworthy. After seeing Muse A, they believe that they'll be the one to show the anti-human Minis how humans really are. For Muse B, the world and the way of life as they know it hangs in the balance, while for Muse A, they don't truly have anything to gain, other than simply helping out of the kindness of their heart and stopping meaningless deaths from occurring.

Romance Across Boundaries
Muse A is a Mini, lonely in the world, looking for love. In this society, Minis and humans have integrated together. While the world is far from perfect and equitable, Minis are granted certain rights that makes them valuable members of society. Despite this, there are certain taboos that are rarely, if ever, seen. One such taboo is the idea of a human dating a Mini, due to their places in society, and due to the practical differences that make it hard for inter-species relations. And yet, against all odds, after swiping and swiping, Muse A comes across Muse B, and they really hit it off. Their personalities match well, and they talk for awhile before actually planning the date. While Muse A knows that Muse B is a human, Muse B doesn't know that Muse A is a Mini. Hence, once they come together for their first date, all bets are off. How will Muse A react to the fact that Muse B is not a human like them? Will they try to make things work, despite the complicated differences and the judgment that will undoubtedly come from society? This ultimately comes down to how you want to play the plot, and if you have any interesting ideas to add, feel free to throw them out there.

Bolt
In a world where crime and chaos run rampant, there is only one person who can help bring justice and order. The Fla- er, I mean, the Bolt. (Yes, this is somewhat a Flash rip off, but I do not work well with canon content, so I'd rather create my own, even if it's based off an already established idea.) Muse A is the Bolt, the fastest person alive. Their powers came about after a tragic accident. Muse A was driving the world's fastest car. No, they aren't rich, but they stole the car anyways, because they were kind of a low-life. While speeding down the road, a storm was brewing that would send a lightning bolt straight through the engine of the car, and into Muse A. This would leave them in a coma for months. Due to the damage to life, and potential for death, the owner of the car chose not to press charges, leaving Muse A free to leave once they finally woke up from the coma. After accidentally discovering their powers, they shared it with their best friend, who was really their only friend. That friend is Muse B. Muse B sees these powers, and after some convincing, leads Muse A to believe that they need to become a hero, and put their powers to good use, to undo some of the wrongs they had done in the past. I would also be very open for the potential of Muse B to slowly become a love interest to Muse A, rather thats MxM or MxF.

Pairings
Human x Vampire
Mini x Human
Mini x Other Mythical Creature
Human x Werewolf
Hero x Partner
Romance is not required, but is preferred. Feel free to suggest pairing if you'd like.

Closing
Well, this is probably my most well thought out thread in a while. I hope it leads to some new and exciting roleplays. If you're interested, you can leave a post on this thread, react to this thread, or send me a DM. Thank you for taking the time to read, and I hope to hear from you soon.
-Agent

Users who are viewing this thread

Back