• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Welcome To Olympus (ALWAYS ACCEPTING!)

"Firstly, the difference being that I can snuff out this tiny little planet, and you cannot, Hephaestus. Besides, if it were simply a minor disappointment, I would not pursue it. You should know by now that I am above such things. Names have power, and I prefer not to have mine flung around on a whim, but I digress. 1,000 years and you are as stubborn as ever." Aster knew the futility of his argument, but he also knew that Vulcan merely called him by his name just to irk the star god.

"Secondly, it wounds me that you think I'd try to turn you into a crude younger cousin of the world's first car. Other galaxies have this invention called Psytech. It integrates really well, can maintenance itself, and can harvest nearly any form of energy. It wouldn't even feel like a machine. Just make sure to remember this conversation the next time you try to play the cripple card." Aster made a check-mark in thin air as if he were actually making a note of the conversation for later use.

"I realize that I do not come around often, but you should know by now that there is very little that any of you can give me besides respect. I give gifts, not favors, because I expect nothing more than thanks in return. Honestly, you are hopeless. I hand you a near impossible concentration of the most valuable metal in the Local Group and you look like you want to hobble back to your workshop and hide. Would it kill you to at least pretend to be pleasantly surprised?"

Cosmo Cosmo

A L M O S A L M O S "Stranger here is in no need of assistance" Caleb said as he gestured with both hands at himself.

"Although stranger here might inquire as to if drunken stranger is in need of assistance HIMSELF" he added, gesturing to the man.

Huh... He referred to himself as stranger and then gestured "here" to himself. And referred to the man as drunken stranger. What an odd way of speaking. His English was also very strange. It was no accent on earth. If anything it was many accents mixed together. Though strange, his words were enunciated clearly and properly.

Translation:I don't need anything.... But I'm wondering if YOU do.

Placido

Placido glared at the sand - "...your phrasing... its appalling. Work on that, yea? And no, I don't suppose you can help me, unless you can remove people from my rooms without seeming like an asshole or lessening their interest in reading and learning..." He stopped speaking for a few seconds, before he groaned rather loudly into the sand. "I sound like a teacher." He moaned again, blindly lifting his hand in the direction of the other, and opening his palm in greeting. "I am Placido, by the bay..." He snickered at his joke "Nice to meet you stranger."

"This one's being is being recalibrated at the moment so his Charisma related skills are nearly nonexistent" he explained gesturing to himself.

"So a request by this one to bothersome beings would likely result in failure" he added simply. Unapologetically. Apologizing was something not currently within his concepts. Why should one feel sorrow for something one does not intend to do? Why do people apologize? Shouldn't they spend the time they used apologizing to begin attempting to fix what they did? Interesting, he referee to the man's students as bothersome beings....

His face never changing expression. He wondered why this man felt the need to inform him of how pleasant he found meeting him... Do all people around do that? Pacido by the bay. Haha humor. A concept he understood and enjoyed, though his face did not show it.

Translation:I've kinda lost my memories a little bit so I'm not currently very good at talking to people. I'm sorry, I can't help you.

A L M O S A L M O S

"This one's being is being recalibrated at the moment so his Charisma related skills are nearly nonexistent" he explained gesturing to himself.

"So a request by this one to bothersome beings would likely result in failure" he added simply. Unapologetically. Apologizing was something not currently within his concepts. Why should one feel sorrow for something one does not intend to do? Why do people apologize? Shouldn't they spend the time they used apologizing to begin attempting to fix what they did? Interesting, he referee to the man's students as bothersome beings....

His face never changing expression. He wondered why this man felt the need to inform him of how pleasant he found meeting him... Do all people around do that? Pacido by the bay. Haha humor. A concept he understood and enjoyed, though his face did not show it.

Translation:I've kinda lost my memories a little bit so I'm not currently very good at talking to people. I'm sorry, I can't help you.

A L M O S A L M O S

Placido

Placido nodded into the sand. "I did not expect you to actually be able to do anything... Just as I did not actually enjoy meeting you. It filler you see... we use it to fill spaces because when we feel... uh... even if 'we' don't become uncomfortable with voids, others might." He rolled over, noting that the spot he lay on now was slightly cool from before. He rolled over twice more, slightly closer to the other. The sand there felt nice on his back, and he covered his eyes from the sun. A small smile graced his face. It had been a long time since he felt this peaceful. "Since you have so little charisma, take this as lesson 101 - People like to think all your thought and energy is being funneled into their comfort and happiness. While that might not be true, having them believe it, allows you to move about social systems, with little to no effort on your part." He noticed the slurring of his voice from earlier becoming less profound, and he felt his mid begin to clear. He blindly reached around for the glass, finding it and dusting it out with a sleeve, before it refilled and he sipped on it slowly. "You want some?" He held out the glass.

A L M O S A L M O S
"This one declines" he said simply before kneeling down on a knee. He had long ago learned that other beings tend to feel discomfort when one is standing and their company is laying or sitting. Naturally, animal instincts find creatures of higher stature threatening. The act of standing while the other lays is a naturally threatening looking posture. He did not wish for his company to feel physically threatened. He came here, NOT for an altercation. Violence is illogical.

Interesting words... He pondered them in his mind. Is not illogical and egotistical for beings to desire that everyone cater to them? It sounds selfish, he thought. For people to wish all your energy to be funneled into their comfort and happiness. What makes their happiness so important that one should be fake and duplicitous to appease them? Filler sentences? Are humans uncomfortable with silence? A vague and brief flash of memory passes by him. Him sitting lotus position on a cushion on a matt. Sitting silently, calmly. Meditating. He didn't know this know but the image in his mind is him at a Buddhist temple....

I am comfortable with silence, he concluded from the brief flashback... Are other beings not?

A L M O S A L M O S
"This one declines" he said simply before kneeling down on a knee. He had long ago learned that other beings tend to feel discomfort when one is standing and their company is laying or sitting. Naturally, animal instincts find creatures of higher stature threatening. The act of standing while the other lays is a naturally threatening looking posture. He did not wish for his company to feel physically threatened. He came here, NOT for an altercation. Violence is illogical.

Interesting words... He pondered them in his mind. Is not illogical and egotistical for beings to desire that everyone cater to them? It sounds selfish, he thought. For people to wish all your energy to be funneled into their comfort and happiness. What makes their happiness so important that one should be fake and duplicitous to appease them? Filler sentences? Are humans uncomfortable with silence? A vague and brief flash of memory passes by him. Him sitting lotus position on a cushion on a matt. Sitting silently, calmly. Meditating. He didn't know this know but the image in his mind is him at a Buddhist temple....

I am comfortable with silence, he concluded from the brief flashback... Are other beings not?

Placido

Placido shrugged, before pouring a healthy dosage down his throat, before turning his gaze toward the other, balancing the glass on his chest. He noted the changed stance and the contemplative look the other had. "We will make a charmer out of you yet... you have good instincts. and posture. A man of few words - which I like, and dislike at the same time. It means I have to speak more... Are you new? You said you have very little memory at the moment. Did you lose anything? or are you just a child in the form of man?" He looked at the other, reaching into his pocket for the cigarette and inhaling deeply, letting the smoke seep from his lips in a leisurely pace.

"This one goes through an occasional event that causes him to forget certain things and adopt a new personality. The magical ritual became faulty and the ritual was corrupted. Personality loss reached past the expected levels and an important component of this being was lost. This component was vital to charisma and without it this body loses certain important functions such as the ability to feel emotions. Though it should be noted that the past self was charismatically faulty as well anyways"

A L M O S A L M O S

"This one goes through an occasional event that causes him to forget certain things and adopt a new personality. The magical ritual became faulty and the ritual was corrupted. Personality loss reached past the expected levels and an important component of this being was lost. This component was vital to charisma and without it this body loses certain important functions such as the ability to feel emotions. Though it should be noted that the past self was charismatically faulty as well anyways"

A L M O S A L M O S

Placido

Placido sighed at the man's explanation. It seemed like work. If it was just simple memory loss he might have been able to easily help. He might still be able to, but it will most likely take time and effort. It was not something that he wanted to do now. He was all for being polite, and even doing menial things for other people - but he had already done his one good thing for the day and this man seemed to be fine with his predicament - or at least as fine with it as a person could be without emotions. "That is unfortunate. I wish you the best of luck with this, but alas - I have to go. I am sure those two are done by now - and I have to get some writing done. Goodbye stranger, I hope you enjoy this journey of self discovery." Placido rolled over and got to his knees, crawling away before teleporting and landing in his bed. Only then did the sand register in his addled mind, and start to irritate him. He got out of the bed, and walked to the bathroom, where a bathtub filled with water stood - once a pleasant warm temperature - now icy since its initial pouring. He took off his clothing, and fell into the water. He shivered for a while, before sinking below the water. Hoping that all the sand had gone, he teleport-ed straight into his lounge and curled up on the sofa. A moment later he was in a land filled with dreams, and nightmares - where fires came and burned away everything.

(sorry to drop you, but I have to skedaddle - ciao ciao)

As the man left he wondered why people say 'goodbye'. The other already knows you're leaving, what's the point of adding anything else? He wished me luck.... Why do we wish other's luck if they are strangers? Why do we wish them good things when we don't even know if they will be our enemies when tomorrow comes? Why wish potential enemies luck?

He made his way back inside the place he was before. He had heard somebody. A male. Muttering to himself in the distance. He wasn't not pleased to be there. He seemed frustrated by something. Something about his father or somebody not bothering to send an email. Why does he want an email from this person? Is this person important? Sounds interesting. He made his way to the general area where the voice came from.

FrostXShadow FrostXShadow

Timic saw the beast snap and saw its sharp teeth. Underestimating this one could be dangerous. He kept his distance and made sure the nets were somewhat stable. "Tim! Activate the mobile magic unit!" Tim heard him and pressed a button on the device in his hands. A blue light shot out and created a sphere around the creature, readying it able to be moved to the lab. If it thrashed too much it might break, but they were hoping the nets would prevent too much movement. "I did it Timic!" He yelled back. Timic walked around inspecting it, coming back towards Tim. VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

Timic saw the beast snap and saw its sharp teeth. Underestimating this one could be dangerous. He kept his distance and made sure the nets were somewhat stable. "Tim! Activate the mobile magic unit!" Tim heard him and pressed a button on the device in his hands. A blue light shot out and created a sphere around the creature, readying it able to be moved to the lab. If it thrashed too much it might break, but they were hoping the nets would prevent too much movement. "I did it Timic!" He yelled back. Timic walked around inspecting it, coming back towards Tim. VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

Maw made a roaring sound, though his little fit had his legs and arms entangled. His four eyes followed Timic, hunger in the eyes and the want to devour him. He snapped his jaws again at him.

The creature was now roaring at Timic, enraged at being captured. It opened its mouth again. Timic was intrigued by this thing. He wondered what kind of data they would get on it. "Okay Tim! Let's start bringing it back to the lab to see if we can set up permanent containment!" He said pulling on the device, tugging the sphere along with them. Tim nodded and kept a healthy distance between the sphere and him, making way back to their domain. VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

The creature was now roaring at Timic, enraged at being captured. It opened its mouth again. Timic was intrigued by this thing. He wondered what kind of data they would get on it. "Okay Tim! Let's start bringing it back to the lab to see if we can set up permanent containment!" He said pulling on the device, tugging the sphere along with them. Tim nodded and kept a healthy distance between the sphere and him, making way back to their domain. VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

Maw was going to destroy them when he could, he would devour them and they would make him even more powerful. He snarled, glaring at them.

It eyed him with almost malicious intelligence. It snarled at him, he could hear. As they got closer to the lab, he could see through the wide doors that Timicus was still fidding with some potions and concoctions. "Timicus! Get a containment cell ready! We have a prisoner! Dangerous too!" He said looking back at it. Timicus sat on his stool, mixing reddish liquids, looking like blood. The creature was getting irritable, they needed to hurry. "Timicus, do it now!" Timic was worried. VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

It eyed him with almost malicious intelligence. It snarled at him, he could hear. As they got closer to the lab, he could see through the wide doors that Timicus was still fidding with some potions and concoctions. "Timicus! Get a containment cell ready! We have a prisoner! Dangerous too!" He said looking back at it. Timicus sat on his stool, mixing reddish liquids, looking like blood. The creature was getting irritable, they needed to hurry. "Timicus, do it now!" Timic was worried. VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

Maw saw a third and his stomach growled with newfound hunger, a hunger he hadnt known before. It was fueled by anger, his nose filled with the smell of these three. They all smelled the same, but slight differences. He thrashed his head from side to side, his tail swinging as well.

Maw saw a third and his stomach growled with newfound hunger, a hunger he hadnt known before. It was fueled by anger, his nose filled with the smell of these three. They all smelled the same, but slight differences. He thrashed his head from side to side, his tail swinging as well.
The beast was thrashing now, seemingly angered by arrival at the lab. Tim ran ahead and looked around all the paperwork and piles for some kind of sedative or concoction. Finding none, he saw Timicus was mixing something. Ignoring him for now, he looked more around. Timic set the device down on a table near the door, it's stream of magic trailing to the unsteady sphere. "Hurry! We need something, anything to bind it! Call Vulcan if you need to, just get it done!" He was frantic now, the situation slowly boiling. VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

Talia "Full Metal Alchemist...what's it about?" she quipped, thumbing over its pages curiously. "It seems interesting, but if you've never been to earth, how did you get them?' Her eyes skimmed over the inked images, taking in the characters' appearance. She had heard of this series before, of the famed Elric brothers, but had never once looked at it properly. Talia knew little, but the glimpses that she had gathered from a few page flips had her interested. After all, this is exactly what she came for. Maybe Magus would allow her to borrow them for a bit.

"The internet" he shrugged, "plus I grew up in my mothers realm and she had human visitors all the time" he smiled "well it's a twisting plot but the main idea is that the Elric brothers :Edward and Alphonse, are trying to find a way to resurrect their mother. Even though their first time trying was horrid, Edward loosing his leg and arm while Alphonse lost his entire body and had to have is soul bonded to metal armor" He rambled trying his best to give a summary even though he wasn't doing a very good job
Cychotic Cychotic

Nekros silently cursed his father and turned to leave when he saw a guy walking towards him "oh great just what I needed" he mumbled his body practically oozing with an aura of death and decay. 'Just walk past' he said mentally as he walked forward
((Sorry phone died xpstitch xpstitch ))

Last edited:
Brown hair, brown eyes, male, plain looking, soft face, Mongoloid possibly, clearly in a bad and wishes to avoid me for some reason. No further analysis needed. Moving on., he thought after he analyzed the person he was walking towards. He decided, as expected of the god of wisdom, to let him go. He just walked right past him and set his sights on some other curiosity he might find. A wise man once said those who wish to avoid you before you have even introduced yourself, isn't worth introducing yourself to in the first place.

Talia "Interesting. Would you mind if I borrow some of these?" Talia gestured to the books, mentally marking the area she was on and closing its cover. Rising from the seated area, she leaned against one of the shelves, humming softly. "And just an idea, but we should go visit your brother some time. I've heard nasty stories about his personality and would love to see it for myself." The goddess' eyes twinkled with mischief as she wondered if the brother had remembered her. Most likely not, but then again it would give her an excuse to continue the pranks she had once played on Nekros.

Magus
Magus groaned, "you enjoy that, he is like a little ball of hatred that you are bounded to for eternity." He rolled his eyes and pushed a couple of books towards her "sure, I have more at both of my houses" he smiled gesturing for her to take the books.
Cychotic Cychotic
Nekros
Thankfully the god walked right pass Nekros "smart move" he said a little too loudly not even caring.
xpstitch xpstitch

Impolite, he thought as he went in search of something that could fix his device. FrostXShadow FrostXShadow But being the god of wisdom he knew taking such childish bait was illogical. Such a being is vastly below me in consciousness that it's almost comical.
What might I gain by quarreling with this impudent child? Nothing. There is no wisdom in allowing others to goad you into action. Even if he were capable of emotion, his wisdom lets him know that letting your emotions rule you is no different than a whipping from an external master. Slavery can come from within, as well as from the outside. When we let our emotions dictate our actions, we have become slaves of a sort that is ironically sad to the core.

The device that allows him to do things like feel emotions. It might be for the best that it is fixed. He walked toward his room, forgetting the immature and childish boy, seeing him as he truly was, a slave. To his own inner darkness. To ego, self worship. These vices, they TOO can lead one into foolishness. A servant of anger. Forever bound by the shackles of his own creation.....

The beast was thrashing now, seemingly angered by arrival at the lab. Tim ran ahead and looked around all the paperwork and piles for some kind of sedative or concoction. Finding none, he saw Timicus was mixing something. Ignoring him for now, he looked more around. Timic set the device down on a table near the door, it's stream of magic trailing to the unsteady sphere. "Hurry! We need something, anything to bind it! Call Vulcan if you need to, just get it done!" He was frantic now, the situation slowly boiling. VanRIPPED VanRIPPED

Maw saw panic, he could smell it. He was made for overpowering things, and he sure as hell was going to get out of this thing! He opened his mouth as wide as it could go and bit down, biting into the netting and shook his head violently and tearing it. He swallowed what he had in his mouth and reached back with his head to tear at the netting around his body. It took a few tugs but he got it, and once that was done he could shake the rest off. He slammed his head into the sphere, once, twice, three times! He was almost out!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back