• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy I Was A Villain But Was Reborn As A Demon In A Devastated World To Redeem Myself (Postapocalyptic Fantasy)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

TanteRegenbogen

Cuddly enby auntcle
Plot: "Where did it all go wrong?" You asked yourself before your execution. The world had turned against you and you may have even been betrayed by an accomplice. It doesn't matter anymore whether you truly wanted to do evil or were just misunderstood or misled as you would soon be dead anyways. You hope that the afterlife would be kinder on you or you could achieve true peace.

Once executed, you awaken in a bright void. Before you is a goddess who lectures you on all your faults and even puts you in the shoes of your victims so you can reflect on how others felt about your actions.

The goddess is however merciful and offers you a second chance to redeem yourself. You will be reborn as a demon in a new world, however in this world demons arent evil beings but face extermination by humans and elves. Though you wont have your past memories from birth, they will come to you at a crucial point in your life and you shall put your knowledge to good use. Whether you don't revert to your old wicked ways is up to you.

You then awaken as a newborn in a loving family of demons in the demon lands. You have yet to receive the memories of your old life. Over the next years, you live a fulfilling life in a village. However, one day, the humans invade and ravage your village. The trauma of your loved ones dying triggers the memories of the past life to reemerge. You however cursed the goddess that the memories didnt come earlier so you could have saved people from dying.

With your past knowledge, you manage to defeat the small invading force and will have to rebuild so that if a future invasion happens again, that you can easily defend the village. Over the next few days, weeks and months, refugees will arrive in the village, reporting that the humans eradicated most of demonkind and sabotaged the soil so that nothing could grow. Only a few villages remain but face starvation unless the move into potentially dangerous frontier lands.

Demons: The demons are not necessarily a single species per se, but all have some pure demon blood. Demons all have horns and can have slit pupils (like cats or dragons). There are demons that look mostly human, there are demons with elf like ears, there are demons with animal features like demon wolfmen or demon catpeople and so on. In this world, demons are mostly peaceful and less aggressive than humans or elves.

Setting: The world is call Ledia and the known world is divided into two continents: Deidara, the continent of humans and elves and Avoritsia, the continent of demons. By the end of the Deidara war of aggression and the genocide of demonkind, Avoritsia is nearly completely depopulated and uninhabitable. Only a few pockets of civilization remain in Avoritsia and in between is a vast wasteland of steppes, dying forests and empty towns and cities. The humans and elves messed it up so badly that even they don't want the continent anymore.

Goal: Either rebuild and defend or get revenge. With the reawakening of the memories, a lot is possible.

Magic: The magic function differently in this world than in the old world, which is why magic experts may have to adjust their magic and relearn a lot of things.

Magic types: Elemental magic (fire, air, water, ice, earth, plants), light/healing magic, black/destruction magic, death magic, abyssal magic, enhancement magic, enchantment, summoning, illusion, necromancy, taming magic

Technological level: Deidara is baroque era fantasy while Avoritsia was more of medieval to renaissance era fantasy. Humans and elves already have magical rifles and swords while demons still use bows, crossbows and swords.

Starting point: Village named Inaritani in the local language meaning fox valley. Pre-war the population is a couple hundred. Post-war the population is a little more than half it's original population. However after the attack on the village, there is a steady inflow of refugees to the village. Inaritani is located in the most western region of Avoritsia in one of the most distant parts away from human and elven territory, so it is safe to say that if it is attacked again, it will take a while until it is reached. The area is a forested highland area with a wide valley with plenty of space for farmland. The coast is half a days trip westward. To get to the eastern coast and eventually to the isthmus/narrow land bridge that connects the continent, it can be a couple months by foot or a couple weeks riding a beast. The shortest way to Deidara is by riding a wyvern, but even then, it still can take a week.

Rules:

1. Usually rules for fair roleplaying apply, such as not being without weakness, not doing Mary Sue things (for long version read https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CommonMarySueTraits; for short version it means your character shouldn't be good at everything, shouldn't be written to be the constant center of attention and shouldn't be unconditionally liked by everyone) and not controlling other people's characters without their consent. If you write a Mary Sue character, I will reject it (slight Mary Sue-ishness may pass depending on how significant it may impact the roleplay). If your writing style makes your character into a Mary Sue, I will warn you. If you don't change it, you can be booted from the rp, because Mary Sues ruin the fun for everybody.

2. Please post regularly. If we end up doing a posting order, please post within three days of your turn, otherwise you will be skipped. If you cannot post for more than a week, please notify the rest of the group. However if you just go missing for more than a week without notice, with group consensus you may be booted from the roleplay.

3. No one liners (PC screen size, not phone screen size). The bare minimum for posts should be about 120 words which is two to three lines of text. If your character is in a situation where others rely on their interaction, please give someone something to interact with, otherwise it will be frustrating for others.

4. Don't make story breaking characters. That means, you cannot play a species that doesn't exist in the setting. You cannot be a robot in a medieval setting. No aliens in this setting.

5. No premade characters. Make a character from scratch if you must. If I see that you use the same character or slight variations of it in other roleplays, it will be rejected.

6. Have fun!

Last edited:
"Sia Everhaze!" A voice spoke in a room with dozens of people in it. In the middle of the room was a pedestal with a red crystal in a socket. The crystal was Sia Everhaze or at least it contained her soul. "You are found guilty of grave sins against the gods including the sin of making use of forbidden magics, defiling the dead, kidnapping in more than one hundred cases, murder in more than sixty cases, the mortal sin of trying to obtain godhood and dozens of other crimes. You shall be executed once your kin have met their deaths."

Behind the crystal were about ten men and women on their knees. All collaborators. On the floor below them were sheets to not stain the floor. Soon mages behind them chanted spells. Magical circles severed their head cleanly from their bodies. Sia could only watch as her friends were executed. As only a crystal, she was basically powerless.

Soon, her assistant, the one who had betrayed her, was led into the room before being pushed to the ground. "Wait! This wasn't part of the agreement!" The traitor shouted. The king smirked and said: "See this as a mercy killing. We cannot let abominations like yourself live. The gods will be kind on your soul though." "Curse you, King Avratidas!" The traitor yelled before having her head pushed to the ground. An executioner then bludgeoned her with a big hammer, revealing the mechanical workings in her head before pulling out a light blue soul crystal and smashing it with the hammer.

Thereafter, Sia's crystal was taken out of the socket on the pedestal and laid on the ground to be smashed. Before everything faded to white, Sia asked herself "Where did everything go wrong?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------

The next moment, Sia found herself as a soul in a bright void. In front of her was a woman with a grand dress in white and blue. The woman's hair was a rainbow of colors and her eyes were pink and resembled gems. "Welcome. Do you know why you are here?" The woman asked.

"I died. Rather I was killed. I failed my duties. I failed to protect my kin. I failed to protect my friends." Sia answered. The woman across from her shook her head. "No, you are here, because you took a path of injustice and of sin. Your actions have harmed hundreds, if not thousands."

"No. I did everything for the benefit of the kingdom. My work was only misunderstood. I..." Sia tried to explain before being interrupted. "Quiet! You never considered what others felt. You never considered the wishes and fears of others. You only did what you did for your own benefit at the cost of others. Look and feel..." The woman said before Sia was whisked away to experience what various of her victims experienced.

In one of these experiences, she was in the role of a mother who held onto her daughter dearly as they were approached by Sia. Her appearance was unnerving and her grin no less unsettling. "Would you not want eternal life?" The Sia said. "How about I give the mother eternal life to ease the soul of the child?" In the role of the mother, Sia was torn away from the child and experimented on, only to appear as a puppet of Sia in the end and soon after the daughter met the same fate.

The experiences made Sia tremble. Was she really that bad? No matter how much she tried to convince herself that she did it for the good and benefit of others, the experiences of her victims felt too real and she became terrified of her past self. After countless experiences show to her by the goddess, Sia broke down. "What have I done? I didn't intend for this to happen! I cannot atone for this can I? No punishment can give them back what I robbed them of! Please help me!" Sia begged the goddess.

"I agree. You will however will receive a second chance in another live. In your past, you were seen as a demon by most others. In your new life, you will be a demon. But this demon will protect instead of harm. She will use her knowledge for the actual benefit of others and will consider the wishes and emotions of others. You will live a mostly carefree life until a crucial point, then your past memories including your experiences of your victims experiences will come to you. Your purpose will be known, even if you wont remember me. Now go and do things right." The goddess said before sending off Sia into her new life.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Kanina Atsusa

Opening her eyes without memories of her past life, she looked up to a beautiful female demon. A handsome male demon then appeared. She reached out and noticed her hands were tiny. It felt unusual, but she didn't know why. "What should we name her?" The female demon asked. The male demon then replied: "The eyes and the face remind me of the stories of the great ancestor Kanina. So maybe Kanina?" "Kanina is a wonderful name." The female demon replied with a smile.

The newborn demon became Kanina Atsusa, the second child of Idrisa and Renganan Atsusa. In years to come, Kanina became the second oldest of eight children and the oldest daughter in the family. Like her older brother, she trained with her parents to become a hunter while the younger siblings learned other occupations in the village. By 20, Kanina had become an excellent hunter and archer. She was also a respected member of the village, often seen as a sisterly figure to those younger and of similar age to her. Kanina was a good soul who would occasionally break rules to protect others or if she saw the outcome as unjust.

One day, a few days after her 29th birthday, there was news in the village that the human and elven nations have declared war on demonkind and had already passed the border and massacred the border villages. There was unease in the village. While Kanina herself felt uneasy, she tried her best to calm others in the village. "What if they make it here? We wouldn't stand a chance! We are just hunters and farmers." One villager said. Kanina tried to soothe the emotions of the villager and replied: "I am sure the military will halt the advance of the invaders and everything will be fine."

The female demon with long light pink, almost white hair, long curled black horns and pink eyes gave him a warm and optimistic smile. In height, she was taller than her parents, but a little shorter than two of her brothers. Kanina was definitely the tallest daughter of the Atsusa family. She was tall enough to hug most villagers from behind or put her arms over their shoulders. On that day, she wore a sleeveless black turtleneck undershirt under a white button-down blouse buttoned to the top with a red ribbon tied at the collar. She also wore a long black skirt and both the skirt and her blouse had a frilly lace trim.

Kanina however became worried when she spotted smoke in the mountains around the area where another village would be. She went to get her bow and some arrows just in case.

TanteRegenbogen TanteRegenbogen

Fang ran through the forest heading back to the village, dragging a large saber toothed rabbit demon behind her. “Ok so I just need to take this back to the market and get Lady Atsusa the slice of meat she requested and then I can get some money to fix the roof” she spoke to herself as she walked.

Dang was a young wolfkin who excelled at hunting as that’s what her and her parents were good at, they hunted the magical beasts near the village to provide hide and meat for the townsfolk and bone for the farmers to fertilize their fields. Even though she was small she still excelled at hunting, she would help the village while her parents were out on a large hunt with other wolfkin or they’d be taking portions to the other villages.

Fang last saw her parents just a couple days ago, they had left for the village in the mountains to bring some meat and hide and bring back some stuff for home. “I hope they don’t come back too soon, I don’t want them to know I broke the roof” she sighed as she approached the entrance to the village and saw Kanina walking around the market.

“Lady Kanina!” Fang shouted as she quickened her pace towards the girl in an attempt to join her.

Last edited:
Korath leaned against the stone wall of his cottage, gazing at the darkening sky. The scent of herbs and potions mingled in the cool evening air, a familiar and comforting presence. His mind wandered back to the days when he was revered, his skills and knowledge unmatched in the kingdom. Those days were long gone

He closed his journal, the pages filled with notes on his latest experiments, and stood up at the edge of his herb garden, His eyes scanned the horizon where tendrils of smoke began to curl upwards He moved back into his cottage, where the comforting smell of herbs and potions filled the air. Shelves lined with books and alchemical supplies surrounded him Korath equip himself with a selection of potions and remedies

Checking his money “I’m going to need to get some more payments soon”
he sigh as the village blacksmith, and one of the few healers and alchemist while he get paid a decent amount he burns through most of it quickly to buy supplies such as new blacksmith equipment, or supplies for potions, etc.

today he has to deliver the new batch of ordered arrows for the Hunters

Stepping out into the fading light of the evening, Korath surveyed the village Children ran and played in the streets, their laughter mingling with the sounds of adults going about their daily tasks. But beneath the surface, he could sense an unspoken worry lingering among the adults

He went to the gathering spot of the hunters where all of their equipment are stored

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back