• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Welcome to Forest Glade (casual, supernatural/lab, small group!) (CLOSED for now :])

TheSpeck

Cognitohazard
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
It wasn't always like this... At least not before the change of ownership. Forest Glade used to be an institute where those who were affected by the outbreak would take refuge and build new lives. Now , it was just a bloodbath, one that no one could escape, not even the people who worked for Forest Glade. You'd think someone would notice the disappearances, but somehow it was like everyone who stepped into the building just... Vanished. Out of records, out of minds. It was like they didn't even exist anymore. Even as an employee, it scared him to think that if he ever tried to go back to his old life, no one would even remember who he was. Forest Glade was his entire existence now... And that meant there was nowhere else he could go.

The Story

It was December 2019, and sirens were blaring through the cold winter day. People were rushing to stores, barricading their windows and hunkering down in their homes for what seemed like the end of the world. Something had come out of the ocean, something huge, and a blinding fog came with it. No one knew what it was, what it looked like other than that it was tall and horrifying. It was hidden by the fog, and it was going to make landfall within the hour.

What was now know as "the raid" went on for several weeks. As the fog engulfed cities and moved across the earth, many were killed by unknown creatures that came from the fog. Strangely though, some people simply vanished into the fog, and were never to be seen again... At least, not until the fog had lifted, and the Earth returned to normal. Around 30% of the Earths population was killed during the raid, and another 1%, the ones who vanished, seemed to reappear out of nowhere, changed. Some changed for the good, and gained powers that could help others. Others turned into monsters.

And that was when Forest Glade was created. Forest Glade was an institute put in place by a non-profit, made to protect and rehome the innocent people who had become creatures that people seemed to fear for their looks or violent uncontrollable tendencies. It was meant to be a safe haven, a place where these people could live their lives in an accepting environment and simultaneously keep the rest of the world safe. And that was what it was for around a year.

It all changed when an unknown corporation tied to the government took over Forest Glade. The place turned into more of a lab then a safe haven, and those inside were treated more like insane animals than real people. They had cut off contact to the outside world, and the residents of Forest Glade were stuck, never to be seen again and used as science experiments on a daily basis.

You were one of the many who got stuck in Forest Glade when the government took over. You can't take it anymore. The pain, the obvious brainwashing, being treated as if you weren't human at all. You need to escape, but to do that, you need help. Eventually, you and an unlikely group of friends band together to get out of Forest glade one way or another, whether that be by escaping, or by death.

Thanks for reading! This is a small, casual group rp meant to simply be a fun and creative adventure for all who participate. Please read the rules below if you're interested!

Hello, and welcome to the Forest Glade interest check! I hope you are doing well, and if you got this far, I'm going to assume you are interested in participating! Here are some things you should expect from this rp:

1. It will be a casual experience, so small mistakes in writing are to be expected. Please don't stress out too much if you mess up, we all have busy lives and I don't expect anything to be perfect!

2. This will be a semi-lit multi paragraph rp! No one liners will be allowed. I would say a good range of length is 2-6 paragraphs, though more or less will be accepted under varying circumstances!

3. I do not like gross content. I am ok with violence, but please do not go over the top. Romance is PG-13 ONLY.

4. Please be respectful of people's time! Sometimes, people get busy and can't post for a while. Please, if you join this rp, be able to post at least once or twice a week! (There are of course exceptions to this, but we may move the plot along if you are expected to be gone for a very long time! That being said, you can rejoin whenever you want.)

That's about it for now, if you're interested in joining please tell me below! Only about 2-3 people will be accepted into this rp, but feel free to add a cs or show interest even if that amount has been met already. I will make a CS thread and an ooc if at least two people show interest! Thanks for checking this out, let me know if you have any questions, and have an amazing day/night ❤️

Just out of curiosity,what's the kind of scope of transformation the victims experienced? Something like werewolves,or even more monstrous? Are there those who (outwardly) look human but have superhuman powers or altered internal function?

I’m in! But one question. What do want to have as far as characters in this?

Just out of curiosity,what's the kind of scope of transformation the victims experienced? Something like werewolves,or even more monstrous? Are there those who (outwardly) look human but have superhuman powers or altered internal function?
I’m in! But one question. What do want to have as far as characters in this?
Characters can be as creative as you want them to be as long as they are still usable for interactions with other people! Transformations can range from vampires and werewolves to people who don't even look human at all anymore. And yes, there are people who don't change appearance but have powers! Typically the people who are like that have bad powers though, because those with good abilities are usually accepted among the population and don't get sent to Forest Glade. There will be a cap to how powerful your character can be though, and I will go over that once I post a CS thread.

As for characters, you can either play one of the residents of Forest Glade, or one of the employees. I already have a character in mind and I will be playing an employee, so I would say one other person has the option of playing as an employee. Employees can be normal people, people with beneficial and controllable powers, or a previous resident that has been accepted into a lower staff position. Just as a warning if you are considering this option, it might be pretty lore heavy in certain areas, and we would probably have to work together on that.

Last edited:
Characters can be as creative as you want them to be as long as they are still usable for interactions with other people! Transformations can range from vampires and werewolves to people who don't even look human at all anymore. And yes, there are people who don't change appearance but have powers! Typically the people who are like that have bad powers though, because those with good abilities are usually accepted among the population and don't get sent to Forest Glade. There will be a cap to how powerful your character can be though, and I will go over that once I post a CS thread.

As for characters, you can either play one of the residents of Forest Glade, or one of the employees. I already have a character in mind and I will be playing an employee, so I would say one other person has the option of playing as an employee. Employees can be normal people, people with beneficial and controllable powers, or a previous resident that has been accepted into a lower staff position. Just as a warning if you are considering this option, it might be pretty lore heavy in certain areas, and we would probably have to work together on that.
Okay then. Once the OOC is out I’ll begin thinking of one. Thanks!

Character sheets are out now!!

Hello! I am absolutely intrigued by the concept of Forest Glade and the rich, dystopian world you've created. The blend of supernatural elements, survival, and the struggle for humanity in the face of adversity is truly captivating.

I'm already brainstorming a character who might have emerged from the fog with a unique ability, yet deeply scarred by their experiences at Forest Glade. This character is primed for the kind of gritty, yet hopeful narrative you're describing. I'll delve deeper into their backstory and abilities in the character sheet thread if you accept me, keeping in line with your instructions.

I fully embrace your rules for this roleplay, especially the emphasis on a casual yet immersive writing style and the importance of respect for everyone's time and boundaries. I can commit to posting at least once or twice a week, and I'm comfortable with the content guidelines you've outlined.

I'm excited at the prospect of joining this adventure and weaving stories with others in this fascinating world you've set up. Count me in for a journey filled with suspense, camaraderie, and the quest for freedom within the eerie confines of Forest Glade. Looking forward to possibly being part of this! Have a wonderful day/night too!

Hello! I am absolutely intrigued by the concept of Forest Glade and the rich, dystopian world you've created. The blend of supernatural elements, survival, and the struggle for humanity in the face of adversity is truly captivating.

I'm already brainstorming a character who might have emerged from the fog with a unique ability, yet deeply scarred by their experiences at Forest Glade. This character is primed for the kind of gritty, yet hopeful narrative you're describing. I'll delve deeper into their backstory and abilities in the character sheet thread if you accept me, keeping in line with your instructions.

I fully embrace your rules for this roleplay, especially the emphasis on a casual yet immersive writing style and the importance of respect for everyone's time and boundaries. I can commit to posting at least once or twice a week, and I'm comfortable with the content guidelines you've outlined.

I'm excited at the prospect of joining this adventure and weaving stories with others in this fascinating world you've set up. Count me in for a journey filled with suspense, camaraderie, and the quest for freedom within the eerie confines of Forest Glade. Looking forward to possibly being part of this! Have a wonderful day/night too!
Well, I wasn't going to take any more people, but I guess one more couldn't hurt! I would love to have you participate in this rp, and I'm excited to know you're already thinking of a character! Feel free to pop by the OOC chat whenever you feel ready, I'm sure you'll be a great addition to this story :] and thank you so much for acknowledging the rules and the themes of this particular story, I really appreciate it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back