• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Welcome To Columbia : New America, New Heroes - A Super Power RP

I'm thinking of making either a character that's a crazy powerful telekinetic (like, Akira powerful,) or a guy who can manipulate electricity. Probably the latter.

I'm thinking of making either a character that's a crazy powerful telekinetic (like, Akira powerful,) or a guy who can manipulate electricity. Probably the latter.

Either or is good.

Although in the lore we've got going on - we don't really have any prominent electricity users so that'd be cool if you go with that!

Bleh, just thought of this! Would powers possibly affect the appearance of someone? Not like...making them into a lizard or anything, but inhuman traits like glowing hair/unique skin colors.

Bleh, just thought of this! Would powers possibly affect the appearance of someone? Not like...making them into a lizard or anything, but inhuman traits like glowing hair/unique skin colors.
I believe the GM himself had similar ideas about minor appereance changes like glowing hair so I would say yes, but do wait for approval by the GM.

I believe the GM himself had similar ideas about minor appereance changes like glowing hair so I would say yes, but do wait for approval by the GM.

Well the way I had it is that Evos often have oddities in their appearance. In the lore I have planned out - there is a whole class of Evos that are recognized as Bizarre. One of these bizarre Evos actually slowly transformed into a chair. So things can get real crazy appearance wise.

So I fully endorse having your powers affect your appearance!

Can our heros/villians be like from another planet?

As of now -
No Aliens.

They might show up eventually, since they are a popular staple of superhero stories. But for now, we're keeping things more grounded.

Peeks in

Interested! Is it possible to play a villain with a part in the main story line? Like a mini boss or accomplice >-<

Peeks in

Interested! Is it possible to play a villain with a part in the main story line? Like a mini boss or accomplice >-<

Of course!

I'll have the threads up later. When they are up - we can discuss how and where your villain fits in!

I myself plan on having a villain that serves as a major antagonist.

Already have a backstory for my character! Though I do have to ask, how long have Evos been around? I'm thinking that his grandfather was an Evo with the power to invade people's minds. He was enlisted by the government to hunt Communists, but went rogue after he got tired of violating the rights of citizens of Columbia.

Already have a backstory for my character! Though I do have to ask, how long have Evos been around? I'm thinking that his grandfather was an Evo with the power to invade people's minds. He was enlisted by the government to hunt Communists, but went rogue after he got tired of violating the rights of citizens of Columbia.

That could work pretty well.

Evos began popping up in the early 1920s. So they've been a thing for over one hundred years - though they still face copious amounts of hatred and persecution.

In The United States ( before its splintering ) -
Countless amounts of Evos have been used by the government to fight against the red scare.
Many even gaining fame doing so and becoming household names.

So having a famed Evo grandfather could be a really interesting aspect of your character!

That could work pretty well.

Evos began popping up in the early 1920s. So they've been a thing for over one hundred years - though they still face copious amounts of hatred and persecution.

In The United States ( before its splintering ) -
Countless amounts of Evos have been used by the government to fight against the red scare.
Many even gaining fame doing so and becoming household names.

So having a famed Evo grandfather could be a really interesting aspect of your character!
Yay! The grandfather was the "Seeker," a Batman-esque figure. I've always been fascinated by the Cold War, and I actually kind of want to do a superhero set during the McCarthy era.

Not immediately but I'm not opposed to one in the future!
If there's a lot of people joining the RP, it may be a wise move to have one for OOC communications...Speaking of that, another question because I just got too many! How many people are you looking to join in total?

If there's a lot of people joining the RP, it may be a wise move to have one for OOC communications...Speaking of that, another question because I just got too many! How many people are you looking to join in total?

That's a very fair point, yeah. However I'll definitely take it into consideration!

I feel like with the amount of people who have shown interest as of right now - we can start very soon. I'm honestly real happy with the amount of people who want to RP. Working on some stuff for the threads like lore and the likes - so I will try and have them up as soon as I can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back