• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Weekly Superhero Quota

PauciloquentPumpkin

Pumpkin Patch
I'm hoping this will turn out to be a fairly casual, fun, funny, light-hearted RP with a unique twist and mechanics. There's no real plot direction.

The world we live in is filled with super powered people. Everything from physical body enhancements, to psychic brainwashers, to mutated bodies, and more.

You'll play the role of heroes trying to make their way in this strange world.

There are weekly reports of villain activity and natural disasters. Heroes take on these events, which, for whatever reason, last all week, no matter what they are. From convenient store robberies to tidal waves. How and why do they last a week? Who knows, plot mechanics. These weekly reports are not based on real-world weeks.

Heroes choose a task and complete it, earning points. Tasks come in three categories; Villains, natural disasters, civilians and challenging, which includes aspects of multiple categories.
Each task has a point value, the higher the value, the harder it is, generally. Some heroes are better suited to some tasks, so that can make it easier, but doesn't change the point value. Team ups divide the points earned between everyone. Tasks that aren't completed in the week become harder, increasing their points.
Points will be deducted for either causing collateral damage, or allowing it to happen.

Points are currency. They are spent a lot of things. They can be spent on gear and suits, as well as extra sidekicks. Gear and sidekicks often break and die, requiring repairs, or new sidekicks. The more points spent on something, the better it performs.

Points are largely arbitrary, and will be made up, along with gear and sidekick prices, as I/we see fit.

Heroes are NOT allowed to complete or take part in more than 1 task per week. Why? It's illegal. Why? Plot mechanics. Let's say, it hampers other hero's ability to earn points, and works to stem competition. Somehow, nothing ever seems to go wrong outside of listed tasks. That's lucky! Though, if tasks go too long without being completed, and get too big, they may spill over, requiring many heroes to complete, without getting points.

I will be playing all villains, as well as anything else that might go against heroes.

You will be playing heroes that try to complete these various tasks and protect civilians.

Heroes spend their downtime interacting with other heroes, participating in interviews, or shopping for gear and sidekicks.

With that out of the way, if you're interested, here's some rules! YAY! RULES! I LOVE RULES!
Please write one paragraph minimum. No one liners.
Well, I suppose that's all the rules that are needed, as everything else falls under, "What I say goes." As the GM. Sometimes the villains will autohit, or god mod. But, you're character could be capable of similar things too, like mind control, or other weird powers not normally allowed, since they won't be used against other players. Still no autohitting.
Also, no hero will win 100% of the time. So, don't be upset when, not if, your character loses horribly to a task. Also expect gear and sidekicks to be readily destroyed and killed.

If you're still interested in this god awful RP... make sure to create a character in the Characters section.

Last edited:
-- The World Of Heroes --

Lucio Moretti, the young male who despite his personality was actually a really compassionate guy. He was ready to become a hero! Well at the least someone who would be considered a good guy. He reached out a pressed his hand against the glass door of the massive building, pushing open the door. As soon as he stepped inside he saw the huge stone pillar, looking around at the huge inside. He inhaled sharply, smelling the wonderous aroma that was coming from the food court. His stomach growled just from the smell, giving off a rather disappointed sigh. " This is such a drag, I'm starving." He rubbed the back of his head, his teal hues looking over to see the massive rows of digital billboards. This was the first time he had ever been in this building, or even remotely the direction of this city. "Guess I better get registered and see what's going on." He slowly made his way over to one of the billboards, sliding his hands into his pockets as he looked through the amount of task there were. Obviously to tackle such assignments he would need some sort of power. The young Moretti had the power to manipulate various types of energies; two of them to be more precise. Kinetic and thermal energy was the two he had influenced over, which he had to train from birth. Even now at this age, he was still learning more about his powers, every day working on mastering the abilities he was graced with. "Interesting amount of assignments, probably don't want to jump headfirst to the ones that have the most points. This is such a drag man."

-- Always Prepare --

After looking over the various assignments, he decided to get registered and start with something small. He stepped up to the receptionist, giving a semi-smile which was pretty good considering how he usually was. "Yes, I would like to get registered and choose an assignment. I will be back to choose after l pick up some stuff. " The girl at the counter handed him a small, black case that contained his registered card, name and ability inside. He nodded his head to the lady at the counter before turning himself and walking away to see what this place had to offer. He looked around, able to see right through the beautifully cleaned glass windows and into the street. "This place is pretty big, they sure make you do a lot of walking." He huffed silently to himself, before spotting a gear shop, tilting his head to the side. He was curious about what they had to offer, so he made his way inside and was greeted with a wide selection of gear to be bought. There were a few items that had caught his attention, for instance, a pair of black gloves. They didn't look like anything fancy, but they would surely come in handy and if anything would finish off that laid back attire he had on. He walked up to the counter and paid for the gloves he had bought, immediately sliding them on his hands. Next up was the weapon shop, which really wasn't hard to identify since it had a weapon shop in big letters above the entrance. Since a young age, Lucio had been trained in martial arts and over the years he's been slowly developing his own style. In order to further his talents, he needed a sword luckily for him this weapon shop had almost everything. He found a sword that had caught his eye, pointing at it and looking at one of the workers. "What can you tell me about that sword?" The worker walked over and grabbed the sword holding it out to Lucio with a big smile on his face. "Ah yes, this sword is reinforced with obsidian, which improves the cutting ability of the weapon. The hilt of the blade is just a mere 10 inches in length, the guard is a good 4 inches. Now the blade itself, is stainless steel, the upper half of the blade is silver, the sharp side is a metallic black, 29 inches in length. " Lucio reached out and wrapped his hand around the hilt of the blade, and immediately felt comfortable. "I'll take it." That was all he said before taking it to the counter and paying. When his shopping was done he set out to find a task.

-- Choosing A Task --

All that was left for the young, up and coming hero to do was to choose his very task and start his journey. With that in mind, he made his way back to the receptionist and once again looked over the task that they had to offer. They were some pretty good ones and some that seemed like they would be just a drag to complete, but he couldn't think like that. He pondered on which one he should choose, probably something that wasn't too much trouble on his first day. After looking for a few minutes he finally decided on which task he would tackle first. He lifted his right arm up and aimed his index finger at the digital billboard, giving a small nod as he spoke. "Civilian - A 2 story building is collapsing - 300 points. I would like to take on that one. " Judging by the points that were offered for finishing the task it seemed it was about middle range, yet just from going off what the trouble was, it seemed easy enough to handle. Now with everything he needed to handle was done he could fully focus on the task of his choosing, however, he did remember he forgot to choose a sidekick. He gave a roll of his shoulders deciding that for now, he would wait to choose one. He then made his way towards the exit of the building setting off to complete his first task to becoming a great hero.

-- The World Of Heroes --

Lucio Moretti, the young male who despite his personality was actually a really compassionate guy. He was ready to become a hero! Well at the least someone who would be considered a good guy. He reached out a pressed his hand against the glass door of the massive building, pushing open the door. As soon as he stepped inside he saw the huge stone pillar, looking around at the huge inside. He inhaled sharply, smelling the wonderous aroma that was coming from the food court. His stomach growled just from the smell, giving off a rather disappointed sigh. " This is such a drag, I'm starving." He rubbed the back of his head, his teal hues looking over to see the massive rows of digital billboards. This was the first time he had ever been in this building, or even remotely the direction of this city. "Guess I better get registered and see what's going on." He slowly made his way over to one of the billboards, sliding his hands into his pockets as he looked through the amount of task there were. Obviously to tackle such assignments he would need some sort of power. The young Moretti had the power to manipulate various types of energies; two of them to be more precise. Kinetic and thermal energy was the two he had influenced over, which he had to train from birth. Even now at this age, he was still learning more about his powers, every day working on mastering the abilities he was graced with. "Interesting amount of assignments, probably don't want to jump headfirst to the ones that have the most points. This is such a drag man."

-- Always Prepare --

After looking over the various assignments, he decided to get registered and start with something small. He stepped up to the receptionist, giving a semi-smile which was pretty good considering how he usually was. "Yes, I would like to get registered and choose an assignment. I will be back to choose after l pick up some stuff. " The girl at the counter handed him a small, black case that contained his registered card, name and ability inside. He nodded his head to the lady at the counter before turning himself and walking away to see what this place had to offer. He looked around, able to see right through the beautifully cleaned glass windows and into the street. "This place is pretty big, they sure make you do a lot of walking." He huffed silently to himself, before spotting a gear shop, tilting his head to the side. He was curious about what they had to offer, so he made his way inside and was greeted with a wide selection of gear to be bought. There were a few items that had caught his attention, for instance, a pair of black gloves. They didn't look like anything fancy, but they would surely come in handy and if anything would finish off that laid back attire he had on. He walked up to the counter and paid for the gloves he had bought, immediately sliding them on his hands. Next up was the weapon shop, which really wasn't hard to identify since it had a weapon shop in big letters above the entrance. Since a young age, Lucio had been trained in martial arts and over the years he's been slowly developing his own style. In order to further his talents, he needed a sword luckily for him this weapon shop had almost everything. He found a sword that had caught his eye, pointing at it and looking at one of the workers. "What can you tell me about that sword?" The worker walked over and grabbed the sword holding it out to Lucio with a big smile on his face. "Ah yes, this sword is reinforced with obsidian, which improves the cutting ability of the weapon. The hilt of the blade is just a mere 10 inches in length, the guard is a good 4 inches. Now the blade itself, is stainless steel, the upper half of the blade is silver, the sharp side is a metallic black, 29 inches in length. " Lucio reached out and wrapped his hand around the hilt of the blade, and immediately felt comfortable. "I'll take it." That was all he said before taking it to the counter and paying. When his shopping was done he set out to find a task.

-- Choosing A Task --

All that was left for the young, up and coming hero to do was to choose his very task and start his journey. With that in mind, he made his way back to the receptionist and once again looked over the task that they had to offer. They were some pretty good ones and some that seemed like they would be just a drag to complete, but he couldn't think like that. He pondered on which one he should choose, probably something that wasn't too much trouble on his first day. After looking for a few minutes he finally decided on which task he would tackle first. He lifted his right arm up and aimed his index finger at the digital billboard, giving a small nod as he spoke. "Civilian - A 2 story building is collapsing - 300 points. I would like to take on that one. " Judging by the points that were offered for finishing the task it seemed it was about middle range, yet just from going off what the trouble was, it seemed easy enough to handle. Now with everything he needed to handle was done he could fully focus on the task of his choosing, however, he did remember he forgot to choose a sidekick. He gave a roll of his shoulders deciding that for now, he would wait to choose one. He then made his way towards the exit of the building setting off to complete his first task to becoming a great hero.
I love the enthusiasm! But, well, this is the interest check thread. Is this supposed to be a display of your writing ability, or something? Sorry, I'm just a little confused as to what's going on.

I love the enthusiasm! But, well, this is the interest check thread. Is this supposed to be a display of your writing ability, or something? Sorry, I'm just a little confused as to what's going on.
Ah.. Sorry, I'm new here, and wanted to join the roleplay.. So I thought, I could reply here. XD

Ah.. Sorry, I'm new here, and wanted to join the roleplay.. So I thought, I could reply here. XD
No worries! At the bottom of the first post is a link. That'll take you to the actual RP. Towards the top of that page are a series of links, labeled OOC, Lore, Characters, and Other. The link it takes you to is the Main RP, and is clickable from the other pages.

Anyways, this RP requires a character sheet that needs to be approved before posting. It's mostly to make sure characters aren't grossly incapable compared to other characters, as well as for organizational purposes.

There's also a Discord link in the OOC section, and some general guidelines and rules, as well as explanations in the Lore section, as well as a section in Other for tracking different things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back