• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Weaving the Winds - A Nordic Fairytale (Low-fantasy)

Waverly

Nah...
Weaving the Winds

THE RP IS UP! FIND IT HERE:

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/weaving-the-winds.110311/

I am looking to create a long-term, detailed RP set in an original low-fantasy world. You know, the type of RP that will let us embark on a grand adventure! Hopefully you want to be part in writing this story!

It's all going to be a fairytale, but one that is a bit more realistic and has a touch of darkness. The aim is to maintain the cosy, almost enchanted, feeling of a fairytale and at the same time make it feel believable. The setting will not really be an epic one, but it will be built upon an epic foundation. The world itself will be great, filled with mysteries, with old and tales of ancient wars will be there to be heard. But yet, most inhabitants are ordinary, simple, and mortal. And even if we're going on a grand adventure, it'll be but a side-note in the history of the game world.

Read up on the overview of the game setting and read the teaser to see what the prologue-adventure might start of like! If I get enough interest I'll boot up the actual RP where there'll be more detailed information about the world, the creatures within and all manners of things.

• DONE_weaver.jpg

The setting

This game will be set in the low-fantasy world of Rotsheimgaard – a world that reminds much of early medieval Europe, but that mainly sports fantasy-elements inspired from norse mythology and nordic folklore. But make sure to note that the setting is still timeless, and some aspects of it will be more reminiscent of the viking or bronze age rather than the medieval times.

Rotsheimgaard is divided into five parts from north to south; The Vast Ice, Lapunia, Midhalpad, The Realm of Sverija, and The Southern Islands. The climate and nature ranges from a ever-frozen tundra in the north, to temperate islands in the south that only ever see snowfall once or twice a year. Common for most of Rotsheimgaard is that it's dominated by forests, rivers and mountains. Another clear trend is that humans are more common in the south, and magical creatures seem to roam the north.

There are giants, trolls, elves, dwarves, and other curious creatures to be found in the world, but most people in it have never even seen any of them. In cities of the south for example, you'll even find people who straight up deny their existence. All these creatures are shy and enchanted, and most of them very powerful. Remember also, that these are not the sort of elves or dwarves you'd find in most modern fantasy, they're much more true to their origin.

Done_troll.jpg

Humans, as a rule, don't posses any knowledge about the magical realm other than from old tales and traditions. The few individuals that are exceptions to this rule are known as Wind Weavers. They posses power to weave the winds of magic and thus cast spells, and manipulate the world around them in curious ways.

Humans in this setting are just ordinary humans. However, some of them might be descendants from families that mixed with trolls, dwarves or elves and as such bear slight resemblance of their ancestors. In the south people with these attributes are considered unclean, while northerners seem to be more or less okay with it (or even revering it!).

People tend to worship gods and go to churches. There are two main religions; The One Faith, and The Old Faith. These are more or less like Christianity and the worship of Old Norse Gods. On a side-note there are also people who work heathen witch craft, these come in several different forms.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see some interest! As for what charachters I am looking for, let's just say that this is a classic adventure in many ways, so adventurers or at least people willing to get moving! Anything from a Sheperdess to a knight or even a Wizard might fit! You may or may not be a role that carries weapons, all encounters are not won by force :)

The only rule is to make it believable!

Yes yes quite. *twiddles my moustache* I am also interested in this fine and dandy jolly cooperation between us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back