• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern We All Fall Down

S n o w

Dreamer
Roleplay Type(s)

"Ring around the rosie,
A pocket full of posy,
Ashes, Ashes..."

"Look, there,"
"What a truly sad soul."
"A mind too broken to accept what is."
"They think they're one of them."
"But they're really one of us."

"And that one."
"The Witch?"
"They know too much,"
"Death hangs over them like a dark cloud."
"More than they were ever meant to see."

"Don't look."
"The Dreamer."
"Dangerous."
"Not bound by the rules of this world."
"Their nightmares will eat all of us alive."

"An omen is near,"
"Good, or bad?"
"The line whispers to them,"
"Even the trees fear their power."
"Our undoing walks before us."

"Unsettling,"
"The Dream"
"Hollow, but still alive."
"A puppet with no strings."
"I can't see what it wants."

• Welcome To Harwood

tumblr_n4pcs6zaaW1qgs2njo1_1398623478_cover.jpg

From the outside, Harwood doesn't look like much. A small town, bordered on one side by mountains and miles away from any major city, most of the world doesn't even know of the town's existence.

Though there is one thing special about Harwood. It was built on a ley-line, an invisible network of energy lines that run all over the Earth. These lines are the source of all magic in the world, and if the energy within them were to dry up, magic and everything created by them would disappear. For some reason, the ley-line underneath Harwood has always been abnormally strong, which allowed the town's Firefly Forest and Dead Forest to come into being. Even though a few studies have been done on them, no one has been able to figure out how the lines were created or how they function.

The town is split into two halves. Upper Harwood, where the town's richest families live, and Lower Harwood, where the poor and middle-class live. This divide was caused by Harwood Academy For Excellence, built only a few years after Harwood High School first opened. The tuition for Harwood Academy is extremely high, and those parents that couldn't afford it were forced to move closer to the public school in Lower Harwood. Eventually, only the rich were left in Upper Harwood. The older generations of Lower Harwood blame the rich for dividing the town, while the older generations of Upper Harwood look down on those who can't afford to go to the Academy. As a result, the two sides rarely interact.

Last edited:
Woah neat plot.

1) Are the roles assigned to Upper Harwood or Lower Harwood already or are those decided by the player?
2) Just for clarification, The Dreamer and Ruler in a way can work magic? But only to certain abilities they innately have? How do their abilities compare to the Witch?
3) Looking at the witch, what kind of abilities is the witch restricted to?

Last edited:
Very interesting. Confusing, but interesting.
Confusing? How so?

Woah neat plot.

1) Are the roles assigned to Upper Harwood or Lower Harwood already or are those decided by the player?
2) Just for clarification, The Dreamer and Ruler in a way can work magic? But only to certain abilities they innately have? How do their abilities compare to the Witch?
3) Looking at the witch, what kind of abilities is the witch restricted to?

1. Decided by the player. Everything not said in the roles is decided by the player. The Ghost, for instance, can decide how they died.
2. Using the lines, yes. Without the lines, The Dreamer would lose their power (meaning all their dreams stop working) and The Ruler would die. Technically, The Dreamer and The Ruler are stronger than The Witch. But keep in mind that The Dream and The Ghost, The Ruler and the forests in a way rely on the line, so what they can do is kinda limited.
3. Only what I described in their role. So, seeing the future.

Last edited:
Cool, cool. I see that there is a lot of mystery involved. I still have questions running in my head, but they would probably be revealed as the story progresses. So I see that this will start towards the end of July, will you be reserving these roles or have people apply and then move into a selection process?

Confusing? How so?

The reason this interest check was placed in realistic and not fantasy. The mystery.

I didn't know about the roles being in invisible ink :P.

The direction of the plot confuses me, but I guess that's part of the intrigue so color me interested~

Is this based on/ inspired by the raven boys? The plot and setting seems really familiar, especially the ghost character.

Cool, cool. I see that there is a lot of mystery involved. I still have questions running in my head, but they would probably be revealed as the story progresses. So I see that this will start towards the end of July, will you be reserving these roles or have people apply and then move into a selection process?
If you want a role, it’s yours. Feel free to ask me whatever you want. I’ll answer any question that’s not about The Ghost :p

The reason this interest check was placed in realistic and not fantasy. The mystery.

I didn't know about the roles being in invisible ink :P.

The direction of the plot confuses me, but I guess that's part of the intrigue so color me interested~
I might move it. This is supposed to start off as magical people doing normal things, which leans more towards realistic to me, but yeah.

Is this based on/ inspired by the raven boys? The plot and setting seems really familiar, especially the ghost character.
It is! :D

If you want a role, it’s yours. Feel free to ask me whatever you want. I’ll answer any question that’s not about The Ghost :p

Ohohoho yes *rubs hands together*
Can I have Ruler then?

And since this is Raven Boys inspired let me see if a certain person I know would like to join. Cross Cross
Yo twin you've read Raven Boys correct? Wanna join this rp?

Ohohoho yes *rubs hands together*
Can I have Ruler then?

And since this is Raven Boys inspired let me see if a certain person I know would like to join. Cross Cross
Yo twin you've read Raven Boys correct? Wanna join this rp?

It’s yours. I’ll add your name when I get on a pc.

July is quite a while away. So, I guess you're really good at long-term planning or super excited about the story concept? xD

I am such a huge Raven Boys nerd. If Life has claimed the Ruler, I'd be down for the Dreamer.

*knows absolutely nothing about Raven Boys*

I'll guess I'll claim witch for when it starts in July then. Is the rp meant for 5 ppl or do you plan to let more ppl into the city of Harwood.

July is quite a while away. So, I guess you're really good at long-term planning or super excited about the story concept? xD

I am such a huge Raven Boys nerd. If Life has claimed the Ruler, I'd be down for the Dreamer.
Oh! I meant setting wise, the RP starts in July.

*knows absolutely nothing about Raven Boys*

I'll guess I'll claim witch for when it starts in July then. Is the rp meant for 5 ppl or do you plan to let more ppl into the city of Harwood.
Everything you need to know is here. And Harwood doesn’t exist in the series so.

It’s meant for five people.

That works cause I was interested in that role lol. I've been working on a CS for a little bit now, I just have to fill it all in. Hopefully I can have it up tonight or tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread

Back