• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Warring Nations Unite

Akitka looked to the bench and nodded her head carefully as she went with Levian to it and slowly sat down, smoothing out the back of her dress as she took her seat and looked around smiling. It was a nice day out, beautiful, which meant it would probably be a pretty chilly night. That reminded her that there was the impending fall season coming. It meant she better start wearing warmer dresses. She snapped herself out of her thoughts though and listened to Levian.

"Can't remember the last time you went out on the town? My, the last time I went out on the town was about two weeks before I came here. My father took me to get my mind off things." She stated as she smiled a bit, "however, I haven't seen anything local. Maybe we should go to town one day. I think it would be a nice trip, if you wouldn't mind. You wouldn't believe some of the stores. Book stores, clothing stores, you can think of it theres a store for it." She said smiling happily. "We would just need someone who knows the local town, and we would be pretty much all set." She stated as she thought about it more. It would be a good time to explore the kingdom a bit, being foreign it was kind of an important thing to her.

"Besides, I think the people should know their soon to be Emporer and Empress, would you not agree? Maybe get to know you in a different light." She stated as she thought about it. "They also need to meet the foreign princess that has made a home in the castle." She added as she chuckled a bit.

‘ She really did come a long way’ Levian thought as a smile crept up on his face. The princess really was something else, definitely not like the other ones his mother tried to court him with. The suns rays beamed on her hair, and for a second it looked like it was on fire. Levian had never seen someone with hair that shade of red.

“I would love too.” Levian chuckled. “It’s funny how I was born and raised here, and I barely know the kingdoms layout, and how the towns look.” he clapped his hands as if coming to an agreement. “We’ll both discover this kingdom together.” Life with the princess was not looking bad at all. He suddenly remembered Devins words about him having it easy. Looking back it now he was kind of right.

“Well they’ll be glad to know that they got a excellent one.” Levian complimented. “You’re right. Maybe this will help get me out of my shell.”

Akitka smiled as she nodded her head carefully. It was a good idea to go into town, meet the people, for both of them. After all, she found that having some sort of knowledge with the locals could benefit their reign. She had seen it with her mother and father. They had often times gone to town to help the locals with harvests and such things, trying to get to know what was going on in the area.

"Then let's pick a day we want to go, and we can go into town. We can start small with the closest town to the city. I know its usually filled with mostly nobles and merchants, but its a good place to start. You can speak to many of the merchants and get an idea of another town to visit. Or, we could go a but further out and go to an actual town." She said smiling happily as she sat there and then covered her mouth as she coughed. "Sorry," she said once she stopped.

"Yes, they will be happy to know that they got a very good Empress coming." She said smiling happily as she sat there. "I am also surprised that you've never met your people because my father told me that your father used to go into town all the time, but that could be something they did when they were much younger, before they married." She said laughing as her father had many stories about Emperor Romeus.

Levian grimaced a little. The earlier pleasant breeze had quickly gone away; it was starting to get chilly. “That sounds great, we might have to wait until spring however, the weather is taking a turn for the worse.”

At her comment about him never meeting his people he laughed and shook his head. “Of course I’ve met my people, I just haven’t went out in a while is what I’m saying. When my father was alive we used to go out all the time.”

Akitka smiled, "ahh, sorry for making such an assumption." She stated as she looked at Levian. "I was more or less concerned since I had heard soany stories of your father." She said as she looked around for a moment and wrapped her arms around herself and smiled.

"We should get back inside. Unfortunately for me, my body does not take the cold very well." She said as she carefully got up from the seat and coughed into her elbow. "I should go get my treatment, before anything bad happens." She said as she knew she had to be careful of her health.

Levian took off his jacket and wrapped it around her shoulders. “Here hopefully this’ll keep you warm until we get there.” He noticed the cough, and frowned slightly. He had almost forgotten about her sickness for a minute. A sudden stark realization crossed his mind. No matter how good their relationship would end up, or how much they would come to like each other, her sickness would always be there slowly haunting them. Of course. His good mood evaporated, giving away to a feeling of dread in the pit of his stomach.
“Sorry for keeping you out here this long.” He said sadly, his voice barely above a whisper.

Akitka took hold of the jacket carefully and smiled. "Thank you," she whispered as she held onto it as they started to make their way towards the entrance to the castle. She knew her illness looked worst than it actually was. Hell, there were times she thought it was worst than it actually was, but she couldn't ignore that it would always be there, somewhere around the corner. She knew Levian realized that too. Somewhere out there was probably a cure for her illness, or maybe it just hadn't been invented yet. Regardless, she had fought it her entire life, and she wasn't going to give up now. "Sorry to have to saddle you with such a sickly princess." She said chuckling a bit. "But I promise I can fulfill my duties, both as a woman and as future empress. I have no doubt that they will find a cure, or atleast a better treatment than the one they have for me now." She said as she buried her face into the jacket a bit and smiled.

The smell of the jacket kept drawing her in, the scent that was on it oddly enticed her. So, this was what Levian smelled like? It was a pleasant smell to say the least.

Levian was startled by Akitka’s comment. How did she know what he was thinking? He mentally cursed himself for showing his feelings. She probably thought he was annoyed by her now. “I know.” He smiles cheerfully, trying to reassure her. “We’ll figure out this illness and cure it soon enough.” How many times has she heard that? Levian suddenly felt very selfish. How could he feel any type of way when she had to deal with all the pain and agony with a disease she could not control. All the while feeling like she was a burden to others? If she could deal with this illness everyday for all 20 plus years of her life, he would help support her no matter what.

He shuffled his feet closer to her, and now they were only a few inches away from each other. He could feel her body heat, and her flowery perfume. What an intoxicating scent.
“And I’m not being saddled. I mean you aren’t saddling me with anything. I’m proud of how strong you are in dealing with this sickness. You’re handling it so well. I couldn’t imagine going through it with such strength like you’ve been.” His respect for the princess was even higher than before.

Akitka smiled softly as she looked at Levian. "I have never doubted that some day there will be a cure, even if its after my time. I can only hope if its not in my life time that my body may be if some service to finding the cure." She admitted as she knew it was a grim though, her own death, but she had to face it many times. Did it scare her, of course because there was so much to live for, so much she wanted and had to do, but she knew just to put one foot infdont of the other and keep moving forward. It was the only thing she could do in trying times.

"I'm going to tell you my secret, about how I remain so chipper, even knowing I have this terrible illness." She said smiling softly, "I have hope. Hope for the future, hope for a cure, and hope that no matter what I will atlesst get to live. I don't allow myself to live in fear of this, because death is an eventuality, and one I can't stop or control. So, I remain hopeful that even if I don't find a cure in my lifetime that there will be a cure in the future and no one else will have to suffer this." She said smiling happily as they finally reached the door. "Now, let's get inside where it should be a bit warmer." She said smiling happily as she pushed the door open and slowly entered the castle. She truly didn't want to worry Levian.

“There will be.” Levian said firmly. “I’ll do everything in my power to make sure it happens, not just for you but for everyone else dealing with this illness.” It was going to be tough, but he would try his hardest. He didn’t want anyone else having to deal with the emotional, physical, and mental pain that sickness inflicted. Her words of encouragement made him feel even more strongly about finding a cure.

“Let’s go inside..”

He nodded his head slowing his gait to match hers. He had to take small tight steps to match her short strides. He couldn’t help but start to admire the princess even more. She was not a brat, nor was she as spoiled as he had earlier believed.

“I’m starting to think getting married with you was not the baddest thing that could’ve happened.” He said, blushing slightly. “I’m glad it was you and not someone else that was I going to live the rest of my life with.”

Akitka smiled as she felt the warmth of the palace hit her. It was so nice to be inside, especially given the current weather. She looked to.Levian and nodded her head, "good. Then I will leave the discovery of the cure and or treatment in your capable hands." She said smiling happily, knowing that thus was a huge turn around from how things had been going thus far. "I'll even be a test subject. After all, everything needs to be tested." She said chuckling a bit at the thought of basically being a human pun cushion, or whatever she would end up being.

"I'm glad I could change ge your opinion of me. I am also glad that I married you. Let's just say I entertained a few suitors during the war and none really left a lasting impression." She said as she looked around the castle a bit. It really was a beautiful place that was decorated so nicely. It did almost remind her of home. "This may sound like a weird question, but do you guys have a catacomb on the grounds?" She asked curiously as she wanted to learn about the layout if the castle and grounds a like.

Levian nodded. “I won’t let you down.” He laughed at her test subject joke, rubbing his head. “I’ll try to be gentle on you.” He said with a smile. He looked around at then interior of the castle, his home. Although he had seen every room in the place more then a thousand times he still couldn’t help but admire it. It was put together beautifully with the help of the interior designer, and his moms keen sense of style. It had been in the family for ages so there was still tons of old relics and the like, but Seline had done a lot of renovations and upgrades. At Akitkas question Levian nodded.
“Yeah we do that’s where my dad and all my past ancestors are buried. It’s actually lies under the garden but there’s several entrances around the castle. There’s one in my moms room, she had it custom built after my dad died.”

Akitka nodded her head carefully and smiled a bit. "Good to know. If I could, I would like to put some flowers around the entrance thats closest to the garden. I think it would be a beautiful way to brighten up the spot a bit in the spring if I could." She said as she knew most catacombs kept the entrance clear of everything, but she always thought outside of the box. She enjoyed putting things around places that most people wouldn't dare. After all, most people tended to believe that catacombs and graves should be relatively bare, but she didn't believe that at all.

The prince nodded his head in agreement. “That’s a wonderful idea, the bareness of the place does make visiting uncomfortable...” he shuddered thinking about the empty underground room full of the bodies of his ancestors. “Flowers would definitely help brighten it up.” Devin suddenly entered the room with a dessert in his hand and a slightly mischievous look on his face. When he saw the two royals he immediately paled, before rubbing his head sheepishly and waving.

“Prince Levian, my lady.” He bowed at the two of them noting there cheerful expressions. “You two look to be in good spirits.” He quickly put his hands behind his back attempting to hide the dessert. “And no I did not steal this from the kitchen when the chefs weren’t looking.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back