• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Warring Nations Unite

Lilbutterfli94

Kitty Queen
It had been a long 10 years, this war had taken a lot out of everyone and it had proven quiet messy. After ten years of fighting though a truce was to be called as both nations were starting to fail and had lost too many allies to said war. King Leonard had lost more than he could handle, his wife, his countrymen, and now he would be losing his daughter, just to end a war because the other nation couldn't keep themselves under control and wanted to expand their boarders. They got over zealous and eager to expand into the kingdom that King Leonard ruled, but he wasn't one to give it up so easily. However, after much negotiation they had called a cease fire and they had worked out something that would unite the kingdoms, atleast he hoped it would. It wasn't like he held out much hope because Queen Selina had been hard to convince of this, even though she was the one to suggest it in the first place. So, reluctantly the King had spent the morning packing up his daughters items and making sure she got dressed and ready to depart. They didn't have far to travel after all, because the two capitols just happened to be relatively close to eachother, each being kind of on the boarder of the kingdom. However, it wasn't like that made it any easier, if anything they fortified their castles so that invasion was near impossible.

The King took one final look at his daughters room and sighed as he closed the door, after years of trying to maintain an heir he would lose his only one. While he was still young and could remarry, he didn't see that happening as he still deeply loved his now deceased wife. "Akitka, let's go darling." He called waiting for the girl to come, which was proving harder than he had expected. He handed the bags to one of the servants and sighed. "Where did my daughter go?" He asked and the servant gulped a little bit as she took the bags. "She's been in the catacombs all morning sir, she doesn't want to leave. Can't this prince just come here?" She asked and the king shook his head. "The only way to get the Queen to agree to this was for me to lose everything." He said as that was how he viewing it, she was callous enough to rip his family apart after everything that happened. "Take these bags to the carriage, I will be there momentarily." He said before making his way to the catacombs where generations of his family laid, including his wife.

He got to the catacombs and sighed as he saw his daughter, "Akitka, we have to go, come along my child." He said as he held his hand out of her and Akitka smacked it away. "I'm not leaving mommy!" She yelled as she laid on her mothers stone and the king sighed a little, "Akitka, I know you don't want to leave her, just like I never did, but we have to go." He said and Akitka shook her head and started crying, "I don't want to marry a snubby prince who doesn't know his ass from his elbow!" She yelled and he sighed, "Akitka I am your father and you will do as I say, now please get your ass upstairs and into the carriage!" He yelled as he hated to do this to her, but it was the only way to end the war before it destroyed both nations.

Akitka reluctantly got up from her mothers stone and looked at it for a moment before hanging her head low and walking towards the carriage. "It's fine, I'll just die anyway." She muttered under her breath and her father looked at her, "you will not. Your being overly dramatic, if you die then I die and the kingdom dies." He said and Akitka frowned, "oh please, if I die then maybe I can kill that good for nothing kingdom." She said and the King groaned, "Akitka, that kingdom will be your home now. Now, stop it young lady." He said as he helped her up into the carriage one last time and closed the door on her side before getting in on his own side.

The trip was spent in silence as Akitka didn't want to do this and she made it abundantly clear that she wasn't all for this. She had her arms crossed over her chest and her legs crossed. When the carriage finally stopped the king got out and went around to his daughters side. "Come on Akitka," he said as he offered his hand to her one last time. She reluctantly took hold of it and he carefully helped her out of the carriage and sighed as he pushed her red hair out of her face. He then looked to Queen Selina, "may I present Princess Akitka Maria Elizabeth Mykto." He said as he gestured to his daughter, having told the servants he wanted to do all of this for his daughter, that he didn't want them introducing her.

It had been a week ago when Queen Seline announced his marriage with the daughter of King Leonard. Now the week had come to pass, and the implications of what that meant finally started rattling through Levians head. He was going to get married.

Back then, when Seline had first declared his marriage with the Kings daughter, Levian had thought it a joke. After all, Seline was thought of as one of the cruelest and nonagreeable monarchs ever in power.

She would intrude and conquer lands and raise taxes on other nations she was trading with whenever she felt like. Which was the reason no one was at all surprised when their kingdom suddenly found itself at war with its neighbor. Who before, were one of their closest allies and friends.

"My son." Levian cringed at her mothers use of the word like always, but never showed it, perferring to cast his head down and look at the floor. "You know it pains me that we have to do this. But its our only choice. As you know we are still at war with King Leonards wretched kingdom."

Levian decided against saying 'It was your fault' as her mother went on.

"Everyday, every second, our troops are cut down by those barbarians. And it won't stop, until our whole army is gone. Then, guess who is next?" Seline rhetorically asked. "Our kingdom, us."

Levine clenched his fists, trying so hard not to get up and yell at her, call her a liar, curse her... but like always he stayed still, even though a part of him died whenever he did.

"I'm sorry dear, but this is what it has come to. Your father would be proud of you." She consoled, her voice soft and motherlike. Levian, knew however that it was a lie. She could have been his mother those eighteen years ago but decided not to.

"My father.." Levian started his voice strained. "Emperor Romeus, I think, would not have gotten into this war in the first place, my queen."

His mothers face quickly morphed into a series of emotion, pain, sadness, and finally guilt. However, just as quickly it had come it had also gone.

"Look, they have arrived." She stated evenly, motioning towards the carriage that was moving ever so closely to where they sat. When it arrived, the servants and guards parted to let them through.

"His majesty, King Leonard, and her daughter," A guard started to say, but was quickly cut off by King Leonard who introduced her himself.

"Leonard." Queen Seline pompously stated. "We are honored to have you." The queen turned her gaze to the princess her son would be marrying inside the carriage.

"You as well." After she had finished with pleasantries she motioned for Levi to do the same.

"I am pleased to meet you, and honored to be hosting you." He said nonchalantly, staring at anywhere but the king and his daughter.

Lilbutterfli94 Lilbutterfli94

King Leonard looked at Queen Seline and then to the young man infront of him, almost as if inspecting him. He couldn't really say anything as he knew Akitka was doing the same thing beside him. "I am pleased to meet you too Levians, well more like re-acquainted." He said as he had certainly met the boy before this war. Sure the boy at the time had been just an infant, but he remembered the boy. He looked to Akitka and nudged her a little bit to try and get her to speak, but it was to no avail as she just crossed her arms over her chest and pouted.

King Leonard took in a deep breath and looked to the Queen and nodded his head. "Well, I believe the children can take some time to themselves before we discuss the wedding." He said as he didn't feel like the children needed to necessarily stay with them while they discussed the different things. They would basically be planning the wedding and all that needed to be done was some final touches, such as making sure that everything was set. The wedding was in a few days and it was the event of the century considering that it wasn't often that warring nations married their children to each other to stop a war, but usually to another nation to gain something to benefit them in the war.

Akitka looked to her father for a moment and then looked down, "I want to go to the garden." She said and King Leonard looked to his daughter and nodded his head carefully and rubbed her head carefully. "Of course my darling, I'm sure a servant or even Prince Levians would be interested in taking you there." He said as he didn't want to force her to walk with him, but give her an option since this was already a trying time.

Akitka looked at her father and shook her head, "I know where a garden is father. It's the same thing in every castle. It's always in the center," she said and King Leonard chuckled a little as he shook his head, "not every castle Akitka, just the castles in our kingdom." He said rubbing her head carefully, "now you can run along to the garden. Queen Seline and I have much to discuss." He said as he looked to her for a moment and then to Akitka.

Akitka shrugged her shoulders and quickly departed without a servant and King Leonard motioned to one of them to follow her and sighed a little. "Levians, if you would like to go do something yourself please feel free to go." He said as he didn't want to force him to stay either. After all, this was all kind of alot to take in for everyone and he was still upset about the loss of his daughter. He only hoped that his daughter would atleast be somewhat happy with the situation, but he kind of doubted that since Akitka could be stubborn sometimes.

Levian nodded towards the king, bowing slightly as he made his exit. Even though they were at war with each other, it didn't mean Levian couldn't like the king. In fact, King Leonard was a kind and just ruler, the kind Levian wanted to become like if he was to take the mantel of king.

As soon as he got out of view from his mother and the king, Levian made a mad dash towards the park. Even though he didn't necessarily agree to the marriage, it didn't mean he wouldn't scope out his future brides personality.

~~~
Queen Seline eyed Leonard up and down, and smiled tersely. "You look well, Leonard."

She cut him of before he could respond. "You know I did not want to do this, but it is the only way we can stop this foolish war." She knew how much his daughter meant to her, especially after his wifes death. Marrying her off so early not only meant that he could not see her as often, but also couldn't crown her as his heir.

Akitka was eventually found by one of the servants and guided to the garden, which her father had been correct about. It wasn't at the center like she was used to, but behind the entire castle. She found it a bit fascinating that after all these years she got to see another garden, see what was in another garden because it was certainly different from what she was used to. In the gardens back home there were various roses and other flowers. Here there seemed to be lilacs and various other flowers, but no roses.

She sat down on the grass in the garden and carefully touched one of the flowers for a moment. It was a lilac, which she had been taught about, but had never seen. In the gardens back home they had none, which was why she had never seen them before. Sure, she had visited other kingdoms, but she had never gotten a moment to visit their garden.

---
King Leonard looked at Queen Seline and frowned as he watched her, "oh cut the niceties. We only agreed to this because if this war continued we both would end up dead and we needed it to end. We still have to set our terms other than the marriage because I will require and heir and at this moment, I don't exactly have one. So, that's all we need to discuss before we inform them about the wedding arrangements." He stated as he crossed his arms over his chest, "so, one of my daughters children will be my heir, whether you like it or not." He stated as he was very sour about this situation.

He hoped Queen Seline didn't think he was letting her get everything from him, because he knew the reason she wanted the marriage was to rob him of his country. "Don't think your getting my kingdom that easily, no you get my daughter, but my daughter's child gets my kingdom. Atleast one of them does, and I get to choose which one and I don't have to tell you. Those are my terms," he finished.

"So." He started slowly. "You're Akitka."

It took twelve minutes for Levian to arrive at the castles garden. Normally, it would've taken less then three, but Levian thought arriving so soon would make him seem desperate. Which he was far from. All the young prince wanted was to find out just who it was he was marrying.

His first impression - she sure wasn't ugly. Fiery red hair, which was extremely rare to find in the kinvdom, fair smooth skin, and pink full lips. She was definitely top five in best looking women he had ever met.

However, Levian wasn't all too focused on that. There was many good looking women in the kingdom, what Levian wanted to know was if she shared the same interests as him.

"I'm Levian. Pleased to meet you."

-----

Queen Seline sneered, revealing her true self. "Poor King Leonard. What makes you think they'll even produce offspring? They are sure to hate each other, especially on how different they both are."

The queen smirked, "However, even if the impossible were to happen. My son would have the kids being as he is their father and future King of this kingdom. This means they will serve after him."

Akitka picked one of the flowers carefully and sat on the grass inspecting the flower. She soon was interrupted though and she looked up to the prince. “I’m Akitka,” She said plainly as she was clearly upset about the entire situation, some would say depressed. She had to leave her father and her kingdom behind to marry this... she didn’t even know what to say. He hadn’t been mean to her yet, so she really had nothing negative to say.

He kind of reminded her of a scholar more than a prince if she was being honest. She had seen many princes, but none like him. She looked st him for a moment before back to the flower in her hand as she played with the stem a little bit.

She didn’t offer much up along the terms of information on herself. After all, this was just a marriage to end a war, nothing more to her. She didn’t like it and she especially didn’t like that she had to leave her father behind because now he was alone with the servant, no one to be with him when he passed away and slowly tears formed in her eyes as she realized this was probably the last time she would see her father, after she got married he would be taken away from her.

———

King Leonard looked at Queen Seline and shook his head, “the children are also my daughters who was the heir to my throne. You agree to my terms Seline or you have no deal and don’t think I’m not behind taking both of us down if you don’t agree. I get one child and that’s it, your already taking my daughter from me and you’ve long since taken my wife.” He said as he clutched his first and looked at her.

He wasn’t happy about the arrangement either, but then a sly grin came across his face. “Or I can bring the matter to the future King and Queen of this nation and I’m sure they would happily oblige. Don’t think I didn’t notice your sons distaste for you. Motherhood really didn’t suite you Seline.”

Levian studied Akitka as she twiddled the lily in her hand. He was no fool. He could see that she didn't want to be there. That she wished she was back at home with her father. Levi could even see the budding tears forming under her eyelashes. She was forced to be married with some stranger who's kingdom was fighting with her own, and this would probably be the last time time she saw her only family member.
Levian sympathized, sort of knowing how it felt. When his dad died it had been the same. True, his mom was still the same, but Levian knew. The day his father died his mother died with him, and in her wake was nothing but a shell.

"You really love your dad, don't you?" He asked. It was only after he said it when he realized how stupid he sounded. Of course she did. Not everyone's family was like his own. Distant and cold.

After his question, Levi sat silent wishing he could take back what he had said.

~~~

Seline frowned, unwilling to admit defeat but also unwilling to die so soon.

"Very well. We will have them decide. If they wish to become your heir, god forbid they do, so be it. However, if they happen to decline then that is that. You cannot do anything to stop them." She stated.

Akitka kept playing with the flower in her hand and rubbed her face carefully. “Of course I love my father, he’s my father and he always made sure I was safe when I was little.” She stated, not sounding cold, but not sounding warm either. It was just a constant reminder of the fact that she was leaving him, that she wouldn’t get to talk to him at dinner and that she wouldn’t get to run into his arms after her lessons.

She basically lost everything in this deal, her father, her freedom, and her independence. She knew what was expected of her, that she would produce heirs, but she didn’t want to. She didn’t even want to sleep in the same room as her future husband. She wanted to be independent, alone.

“Don’t you have someone you care about?” She asked as she figured she should probably try to learn something about this basically complete stranger.

————

King Leonard nodded his head as he looked at Queen Seline, “now that we have that settled.” He said as he was ready to move on with this discussion. “I am giving my daughter away and I am dancing with her. Those things you can’t strip me of.” He said as he crossed his arms over his chest.

He was a muscular man, could probably take on any of the guards in the castle if he wanted, but he knew better than the threaten violence, better than to make a move to harm the Queen, no matter how much he wanted to right now.

“We should check on the children, make sure they’re atleast getting along.” He said as he decided to move on from the topic before Queen Seline could say anything about him dancing with his daughter and giving her away at the wedding.

At her answer Levian froze, opting to smile sadly instead of responding. His father was like that as well...his mother too.

"I care about this kingdom." He replied at her question. "Its the reason why I'm agreeing to this. As for the rest... I'm not all too sure." He was being honest. Apart from his Father and the kingdom, their wasn't to much he cared about.

"If you asked me the opposite, i could give you an easy answer." He stated nonchalantly. After that it became silent, so Levian rose from his seat and made his way towards where Akitka sat.

"Come. We should get going. Your father is probably looking for you."

Akitka chuckled, “atleast you had a choice, women don’t get choices.” She said as she got up carefully from her seat. She didn’t want to really talk about it because she didn’t get a choice in this because it was all decided for her. Her father told her that she really didn’t have much of a choice, that he wanted to give her a choice, but that there wasn’t much of a choice.

She sighed as she pushed her hair behind her ears and then shrugged her shoulders, “yes he probably is.” She admitted as she knew her father would be looking for her, but then again maybe he wouldn’t because he was losing her soon. She expected not to get to spend any time with him over the next few days and then once the wedding was done she expected that he would be forced out.

She sighed a little bit as she looked at the flower still in her hand for a moment. It was bright and vibrant colors that were the opposite of her mood. She carefully put it in her hair and made sure it would stick where it was before looking to Levians, “shall we?” She asked as she figured he was probably right.

Before he could even say anything she just started walking, though it probably wasn’t a good idea considering she knew nothing of this castle, not even the layout. She didn’t even know where her father would go after his talk with the Queen. She just hoped that maybe he would still have an heir to his throne or else this wedding would be for nothing.

Levian ran to catch up with the princess, hesitantly putting his hand on her shoulder. He was surprised at how soft yet firm it was. "In politics, no one really has much of a choice." He said sagely, before steering her in the opposite direction. "You were going towards the maids quarters, and I'm positive your father isn't there looking for you."

Letting go of her shoulder, he gave her a small smile. "Let us go look where we last left them. It'll be more likely they are there and if they happen to not be there, we can ask the servants to point us in their direction." His voice was level as he spoke, trying to be as rational and calm as he could.

Akitka took in a deep breath and sighed a little as she released it. It was only natural that she didn’t know the layout of this castle, part of her still thought she was in the center of the castle, not the back. She didn’t say much to Levian as he carefully guided her back towards the right direction, or what she could only assume was the right direction. “They’ve probably moved by now, father doesn’t like to stand in one location very long because it bothers his knees.” She stated as she knew that much.

She constantly worried about her father because it wasn’t like he was getting any younger. He was starting to have his own health issues and she knew eventually he would pass away. She only hoped it wasn’t soon, that he had a few good years left in him. The war took a lot out of him and even Akitka had noticed that, even when he kept saying that he was okay and would be fine, she payed attention to her father, to the fact that he was sick and when he was upset.

She sighed a little as she shook these thoughts from her head as she couldn’t think of her father dying right now, couldn’t think about losing him. She was technically losing him as it was because she probably would never see him again, but she didn’t want that, and she didn’t want him to pass away without her there.

Levian smiled sadly at Akitka's comment, he knew all too well what she was going through, having experienced before. His own father had been like that, before the illness had taken his life. Everyday was spent worrying about how his dad was faring, and if he'd live the night for Levian to see him the next day. Although he rejected the thought when it crossed his mind, some part of him was relieved when Emperor Romeous had died.

Levian had no longer needed to worry about how long his dad had left.

The castle had been modified recently to fit Queen Selines tastes. So, sometimes the young prince would get lost as well. However their was one place that had been left untouched. The throne room. Or what used to be the throne room before it was relocated.

It was this huge, open space, that was filled to the brim with old family memorabilia. Every time Levian entered he could smell the faint cologne that his dad had used, and the music that would sometimes play when he would come in when he was younger.

He had guessed his mother, and possibly King Leonard was there. And he was right.

"Now, Leonard. I am not that callous, and evilhearted as you think I am. Of course I will allow you to dance with your little girl." Seline retorted, not noticing Levian and Akitka's entrance. She put a hand on her chest as if offended, and was about to say something else when she saw them.

"Ah, speak of the devil." Seline hurried over to Akitka and twirled her around. "Oh how much you've grown. I remember when you were such a little thing. You resemble your mother very much."

Akitka didn't mind the silence that had suddenly come over the pair as she really didn't want to talk about her father and the fact that he was getting ill and he was getting progressively worst and worst, which worried her more than anything because it was her father, he had been there for her through every illness and every broken bone, evne though she had only broken one bone. It hurt her the fact that she had to leave him.

She remembered when he came home after her mother died, he took her out to the town for a nice day before they had to bury her mother. It had been hard for both of them, but it had been a day that he tried to make fun so they could forget about it for just a little while.

As soon as they entered the room she went to her father and hugged him tightly. King Leonard Hugged his daughter back and smiled softly as he rubbed her head. "It's okay sweetheart." He whispered as he kissed her head.

He soon looked to Queen Selena and nodded his head, "unfortunately I put nothing past you." He said before looking to his daughter and rubbed her head again. "Now, we have a few things to discuss." He said as he knew they had to remind the kids of the wedding plans.

Akitka looked at her father for a moment and sighed a little bit as she didn't want to heard about the wedding because it just reminded her that her father was going to be alone after all this.

King Leonard looked at Akitka and sighed a little bit, "alright, we shall we discuss it?" He asked as he knew that this wasn't what Akitka wanted to hear, but they had to talk about it.

Levian made his way to a seat on the far corner of the room a little bit aways from everyone else. Akitka had a great relationship with her father, and sometimes when the young prince amicable familial relationships happen he would feel a certain hole in his heart throb to be filled. He grew up for the most part without a mothers love, and there was not a day where he longed for it.

Seline grit her teeth and Leonard's snide comment, cutting her eyes at him, before adopting a cheerful look.

"Ah, we should. I love planning. Especially for joyous occasions like these." She said exuberantly. Turning her piercing blue eyes on Levian she smiled, "How about it, dear."

Levian shrugged, staring at the floor, and trying not to meet her mothers gaze. At that moment, he shifted his focus to the princess, wondering what was going through her mind at the moment. She looked miserable.

King Leonard looked at Levian in his seclusion and started to wonder why he seemed to isolated, or why he isolated himself. He wondered if there was more bothering him than just the wedding. He knew Queen Seline wasn’t exactly the nicest person on the face of the planet and she basically shut him out of the world once his father died, but he still felt bad for the young prince. “Levian, if you want you can come sit by Akitka and I,” he said as he sat down in a seat. There was certainly a seat next to him and he wanted the boy to feel welcome.

Akitka looked at her father for a moment as she sat down next to him and leaned against him carefully. She didn’t pull her legs up on the seat like she usually would when sitting next to her father, because it was unlady like according to her teachers.

She sighed a little as she closed her eyes a little bit getting ready to try and listen to all of this discussing.

King Leonard kept his head held high as he wrapped an arm around his daughter and smiled softly. “Well, I will have you know my daughter is one of a kind and I know she wouldn’t want an all white dress. I’m letting my daughter modify her mothers wedding dress to her liking.” He said as that was his gift to his daughter, her mothers wedding dress.

Akitka seemed to perk up at that as she looked at her dad, “you mean it daddy? I can wear mommy’s dress?” She asked and he nodded his head and smiled, “I even brought in some roses for you if you wanted to put flowers in your hair.” He said as he rubbed his daughters head and smiled softly. He wasn’t trying to make this transition as easy as he could for his daughter.

Levian shook his head at King Leonard's offer. The prince was grateful, but he knew the king had only a few days with his daughter and didn't want to impede on their time spent together. He hoped the king knew he meant no disrespect when he declined.

King Leonard stated he wouldn't allow his daughter to dress in all-white like a usual bride, but instead she would be customizing her mothers old one as a substitute. Seline agreed surprisingly, and asked what color it was so Levian could match it. Throughout the conversation Levian stayed silent, but at that particular moment he decided to speak up.

"I don't want to." He voiced clearly. "I'd like to wear my fathers suit."

Emperor Romeus had been a tall man, standing about six feet six inches, and although Levian was only an inch or two shorter, he needed it to be adjusted.

Seline was speechless, having been caught off-guard. She had not calculated Levian wanting to wear something other then she had picked. As because he always followed her rules obediently.

"But... Your father.. It hasn't been worn in in over twenty years." Seline stuttered. "A new crisp suit would be much more fitting."

Levian looked at her blankly. "It doesn't matter, I'm sure a seamstress can fix it up good as new. Besides, what does it matter what I wear, long as we get married. Correct?"

Seline frowned, before sighing. "Very well, I'll have the maids take it out of the closet and fix it up to fit you."

King Leonard wasn’t at the least insulted by Levian declining his offer. He figured that it was probably a curtousy thing, trying to be nice about the entire thing as he soon turned and resumed the conversation. He was surprised when Seline didn’t fight him on the entire wedding dress, but he refused to say anything further about the dress as Akitka had to change the dress around as she wished herself and he wasn’t going to make that decision for her.

He looked to Seline as he felt an argument about to erupt, but it was narrowly avoided. “I think your father would love to see you in his suit Levian.” He said as he looked at him and nodded his head.

He soon resumed the conversation about the wedding. “I’m signing my daughters money over to her, because while it is tradition for me to sign it over to Levian, I think that my daughter should have her own money and besides my wife kept her money when she married me.” He said as he looked at Seline, waiting for her reaction.

Akitka kind of looked at Levian and then to her father while he continued to discuss the wedding and some after details. It was hard to believe that he was trying to advocate for her considering she knew it had upset him a bit when her mother kept her money, even if he never vocalized it, her mother told her he threw a bigger fit when they were getting married, but eventually calmed down.

As she thought about this all she thought of something, “daddy, it’s okay... you can sign my money over.” She said and her father looked at her kind of surprised since he knew by her look that her feeling hadn’t changed about the wedding. “You sure?” He asked and Akitka nodded her head and smiled softly, “I’m sure.” She said and he nodded his head carefully.

“Other than that, I believe that’s all we needed to work out.” He said as he looked at Seline, “after this you won’t see me unless the children have kids or until their coronation.” He said as that was only temporary because he was certain once Seline was off the throne Levian wouldn’t keep him from seeing him little girl.

Levian thanked King Leonard, and continued to sit in silence. He had no idea what had came over him in the instance. Through his peripherals he could see Seline cutting his eyes at him, but he paid it no mind. The queen could not deny him his wishes as it was custom for the parents to follow the commands of the bride and groom during their wedding.

Seline could pout all she wanted, but she could do nothing to change the tradition.

King Leonard had explained how he wanted to sign money over to her daughter, instead of over to Levian. Who in normal cases would have gotten it. And Levian agreed. He had no need of money anyway. His fathers will provided him wealth beyond dreams, and in due time he would take control of an entire kingdom.

It was just a custom. Seline was about to say something, when Akitka cut her off.

"Its ok, father. You can sign over the money." She assured. Her father reluctantly accepted her offer, and Seline shut her mouth.

"I guess that is all for today. I can have the maids show you to your rooms after luncheon, but until then you can do whatever you wish." Seline stated, before taking her leave.

Levian stood up and waited.

Akitka was happy when all the discussing was done and soon she pushed herself up from her chair. She then looked to her father and smiled softly as she held her hands together. “Can we go for a walk father?” She asked happily as she looked at him and waited patiently, but soon she noticed something was wrong. “Daddy?” She asked as she looked at him.

Leonard looked at his daughter and sighed a little as he rubbed his knee. He felt bad, he wanted to walk with his daughter, hold her hand like he used to. “I’m sorry sweetheart... my knee is just bothering me.” He whispered as he got up carefully and he looked to Levian. “Levian, would you like to walk with us or do you have things to do?” He inquired as he figured he would offer the boy a chance to walk away if he so wished.

Akitka looked at her father deeply worried about everything that was happening because his knee never bothered him this much, though she could be wrong because her father was a private person at the best of times.

She looked to a Levian for a moment and then looked down and sighed a little bit. She was starting to get depressed again. Soon she wouldn’t be able to be with her father and she couldn’t keep in contact with him fairly easily.

She snapped herself out of her train of thought and sighed a little as she grabbed her fathers arm carefully.

“Your more than welcome Levian,” She said trying to be nice even though she didn’t want to in that moment.

Levian shook his head at his offer yet again. He knew when he was not wanted. He bowed slightly at the King as he left, and gave Akitka a quick look.

The day had been so out of the norm, Levian forgot what he usually did before then. Walking aimlessly around the castle, he tried looking for something to do to no avail. Usually he would head to his room and read a book, but for some reason his heart really wasn't in reading now. Most of the maids kids were younger then him, so he couldn't really interact with them.

Plus they usually stayed around the maids quarters where they lived.

"Ahhhhh..." He sighed quietly. What to do?

Just then, one of the guards, a tall black haired man with brown skin and caramel eyes tapped him on the shoulder.

"Forgive me, my prince. But you looked a little bored." The guard said. He looked about Levians age.

Levian nodded slowly.

"I was wondering if you wanted to have a little sword fight with me?" The man questioned.

When Emperor Romeous had been alive, he had loved sword fighting. In fact, he had been hailed as one of the greatest warriors the kingdom had ever produced. Young Levian looked up to his dad, and so he took to the art as well. Just like his dad he had talent for it, and was often times remarked as a prodigy.

However, when Romeus had fallen ill and eventually died, Levian stopped pursuing it, and his love for it died with his father. But when the young man invited him to spar, the familiar feeling seemed to well up inside of him again and he had no choice but to accept.

"Great. By the way my name is Devin. My dad works in the military." Devin outstretched his hand for Levian to shake it.
~~~

Levian lay on the floor, panting, his chest heaving with each shuddery breath. He couldn't remember the last time he had such an exercise. Devin stood over him, with his hands out, ready to help him up. Levian shook his head however.

"I think I'm going to stay here for a little while." He said between breaths.

The fight had been quick, only lasting about three minutes. Although Levian had been hailed as a prodigy back in the day, he was no match for Devin. The young guard was just so much faster, and stronger then the prince.

It hurt his pride, how he had lost so easily. However, Levian pushed it aside. This humiliation was a good thing. It would push him to go back into sword fighting.

"Thanks." Levian said when he caught his breath. Devin raised an eyebrow, puzzled.

"I'm going to train hard. Promise me you'll fight me again." The prince asked.

Devin smiled, forming his hands in a fist. "I promise." The two boys bumped fist and split ways with a smile on their faces. They had both made a new friend

Akitka watched Levian walk away and then looked to her father and smiled happily as she held onto her fathers arm. "Come on daddy, let's go." She said as she tugged on him carefully as to not rush him, but tell him she wanted to go.

Leonard looked at his daughter and chuckled, "you know I am not as young as I used to be." He said as he smiled at his daughter and watched her carefully. It took him a moment to straighten out and be ready to move himself along the halls and take his daughter for a walk.

It was while they walked that he realized how much Akitka looked like her mother, some of his features, but mostly like her mother. She had her mothers chestnut brown hair with piercing blue eyes. She even liked to dress like her mother and it was something completely amazing to him because he never really realized it until now.

Akitka kept walking and noticed her father looking at her and she smiled softly to him, "yes daddy?" she inquired curiously.

Leonard laughed a little, "nothing, just how much you remind me of your mother... you become more and more like her every day." He admitted a she smiled softly, "you know when your mother married me she was stubborn as a mule, didn't want it and demanded I not touch her our first night together. She painted me a monster, thought I was going to force her to do things. She learned though that I wouldn't hurt her or anything and she warmed up to me. We hadn't even kissed after our wedding, until your mother warmed up to me. I loved your mother very much and I wanted to show her that I respected her." He said as she looked at his daughter, "well nine months later you came along my little sunshine." He said as he looked at her and smiled a bit more, "our world changed that night, and not just because the birth almost took your mother and you from me, but because you were here and you were such this tiny little thing in my arms." He said laughing a little bit, "I always worried I would break you and your mother was always there by my side saying that you weren't as fragile as I thought."

Akitka listened to her father as he told her stories about her mother and she giggled a little bit. "I remember mommy telling me that you made her feel safe, that you would hold her while she was sleeping. While she was pregnant she had terrible foot pains and you would rub her feet, not make the maids or butlers do it." She said smiling softly as she thought of the stories she heard from her mother.

"Mommy also told me that you wanted to put the nursery together and threw your back out doing it." She said smiling.

Leonard laughed whole heartedly as he looked at his daughter, "that I did. I told the butlers and maids to let me decorate it, not to help me. Then I threw my back out and was bed ridden until you arrived, so they had to finish it for me." He said smiling softly, "you were mine and your mothers sunshine, you still are."

Akitka looked down as they walked and then back up to her father, "I don't think I'll have children." She said and he nodded his head, "give Levian a chance... take all the time you need. Your mother sure did, we didn't kiss for the first time until almost a year after we were married and then that led to you." He said smiling as he looked at his daughter and laughed a little.

After a long hot bath, lunch was ready and Levian made his way to the Luncheon room. Unsurprisingly, no one was there yet, and so he had to sit in wait for the others. Luckily, he had planned ahead and brought a book to read with him.

~~~

Seline rubbed an index finger on her temple, sighing. What horrible news. She glanced at the discarded letter on the side of her desk, and scoffed. What terrible horrible news.

The letter had been from Lady Rosalind, her husbands older sister. In the letter, she had insisted that she would be coming to visit her and Levian, and to see how the kingdom was faring.

"One month.." Seline muttered. They had until one month to prepare for her arrival.

A maid entered the room snapping Seline out of her musings. "Lunch is ready, your highness."

~~~

Devin approached the King and her daughter with a bow. When he finished he looked at both of them, especially the princess. Oh, how lucky Levian was. He thought to himself. While others had to risk their lives in war, all the prince had to do was marry a gorgeous princess.

"Milord, luncheon is ready." Devin bowed again, his eyes meeting the princesses.

Akitka and Leonard were having a wonderful walk, sharing stories they had. “Mommy has a message for you before she went. She said that she wanted you to remember the white lilies.” She said as she was surprised she had never said this to her father before. “What did she mean by that daddy?” She asked curiously as she looked at him and smiled softly.

Leonard looked at his daughter and smiled softly, “the lilies was what you mother tried to hide in one day... before we found out she was pregnant with you. She had such a reaction to a bee string that she had to be in bed for a day and the nurse came in and told her she was with child. It was a funny memory your mother always liked to remind me of because I was chasing her as we were playing hide and go seek.” He admitted laughing, “she wasn’t something unique, like you.”

Leonard soon turned his attention to the approaching guard and offered a kind smile as he nodded his head. “Thank you very much,” he said as he looked to Akitka for a moment. “Come my child, your daddy is getting old and can’t stand like he used to be able to.” He said smiling softly.

Akitka looked at the guard for a moment and then to her father and smiled a bit as she nodded her head and carefully took hold of his arm again, which she had let go because her father and her were telling stories about her mother.

Leonard smiled and waved to the guard before departing towards the dining hall. He remembered the general layout of the castle from his last visit here.

Soon Akitka and her father entered the dining area and the king looked to Levian and smiled softly, “good afternoon my boy.” He said before taking a seat as he really was in a bit of pain in his old age.

Akitka looked at her father, worried about his failing health. She sat down next to her father and looked to Levian for a moment before looking to her father again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back