• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Warring Nations Unite

Levian laughed at her story up until the part about her sickness. "What do doctors know, eh?" He said bitterly. "You know, before my dad died they told my mother that he would get better, and that in a month or two he would be as good as new."

The prince clenched his fist, "That was the first time in several months that I saw my mothers face light up. Little did I know that thar moment would be the final glimpse of my mother."

He sat silent for a moment after that, trying to keep old feelings from resurfacing.

"Back then, she was so kind, and so overprotective. I remember she had a long argument with my father when he let me practice sword fighting. I wanted her so bad to let me live a little." Levian chuckled dryly.

Akitka looked any Levian, feeling bad that she was pulling up kid memories of ilhis. After all, some of them weren’t so pleasant as the one with his father passing was one of those.

She listened closely though, just kind of watching him. She nodded her head, “after the war between our nations started my mother grew ill. Father was gone and I had to watch her waste away to nothing.” She said as she looked down, as it was clearly a sad thought.

“She was in so much pain... she often days couldn’t get out of bed. She tried to keep a brave face on for me, but the day she died a servant found her on the floor in a wing of the castle. The guards had gone to lunch before she passed through. So, there was no one there to help her. She collapsed and within a couple minutes she passed away. They found her an hour later and tried to bring her back, but it was too late.” She said as she sighed a little bit.

“I blamed the guards for a long time because they weren’t all supposed to go on lunch at the same time, but they said she was dead before she even hit the ground. Apparently she was heading to the infirmary after having a seizure and she had hit her head. Well, the bump to the head was what killed her really, not so much the illness.” She said trying to not talk to much about it as it still made her sad.

Levian nodded sadly along. Although they had different circumstances, their stories were very similar.

"You know sometimes I wonder if I could've changed anything you know? Maybe if I was their he wouldn't have died? Maybe he would've held on to the little thread that was his life?"

Levian shook his head. "But its the 'what ifs' that kill you.. Those unrealistic scenarios that keep you up at night."

Seline was a victim of this, and look how she turned out.

"That's why I've realized that I was being selfish... I didn't realize how much pain he was in. I just wanted him alive no matter what." Levian stated after a while. "I might sound evil or cruel when I say this.. But I'm glad he passed away. I'm glad he didn't suffer too much."

Akitka looked at Levian and offered a kind smile, “it’s not cruel to wish the suffering would end no matter how much you want that person to be alive. At the end of the day you know they’re not suffering anymore, they’re some place better.” She said as she understood that feeling all too well. She had felt that way too for some time, especially right after her death.

Their stories certainly had some similarities. Maybe they were more similar than they had originally thought they were.

She decided to make a lighter note now though, but she was glad that they had talked a little bit more, that they got to know each other more than they had when they entered this room.

“So, what are some of your hobbies? I know you said you liked sword training, but what else is there?” She asked smiling happily as she figured discussing hobbies was a lighter subject than their previous one, where they basically talked about their dead parents.

Levian couldn’t help the smile that graced on his lips. He couldn’t believe it? Was he enjoying... a conversation with King Leonard’s daughter? Was this really the Akitka from a week ago, who hated his guts?

“I like reading books on medicine, and the outdoors. Back when my father was still alive we used to go hunting, and that used to be one of my hobbies. I haven’t went since he died though. I might pick that up again.” He started. “I like chess too, but there isn’t too many people I can play with around the castle so I’ve stopped as well.”

Akitka was listening intently, trying to fix what she had broken on her own. She realized that the tension between the two of them had been mostly her fault. She had been angry because she was forced to leave the once familiar land she had called home, but now she knew that she wrong for her actions.

She listened to his hobbies and smiled happily, “my father didn’t raise me quiet like a normal princess. So, as a result I know how to play games like chess. My father said it would aid me when I was to marry, that it would be beneficial for me to have skills most princesses didn’t have.” She admitted as she looked at Levian. “Maybe we could play some time. I haven’t played a game since I was... I think about 16 or 17, but I think I still remember.” She said as she thought about it, “as for hunting, I don’t know anything about that, that’s the only thing my father kept from me, but if you ever would like to go hunting again I’m sure there are still people around this castle that would be willing to go with you.” She said as that was about the only thing she didn’t know.

This was much better than the tension that had previously been between them. “I’ve never read medicine books, but I enjoy reading plays, I think they’re interesting everyone’s take on life.” She said as she smiled a bit more.

Levian smiled. King Leonard wasn’t the type of father to raise any of his children to be dependent on anyone. Much like his very own father. At the chess part, he grinned, “Yeah, I’d like that very much. Maybe sometime in the weekend?”

Conversation with her was amazing, nothing was forced and although they knew next to nothing about each other, it felt like they had been talking for years. “Yeah hunting is sorta dangerous, that’s why we go in groups and carry all sorts of weapons. One of my dads friends lost a leg in a hunting expedition in another kingdom.”

He perked up when she mentioned plays. “I love plays. Like the really funny ones. The tragic ones are cool too.”

“I used to attempt writing them back in the days, but always gave up due to frustration. You’d think back and forth dialogue would be easy, since we do it all the time.”

Akitka smiled and nodded her head at the suggestion of playing Chess on the weekend. It sounded like a great time for the two of them to learn a bit more about one another, other than this chat here.

“Then it’s a date, we’ll play chess together... how about this weekend?” She asked as she figured the sooner they got some time together the better it was. After all, they were married and they couldn’t always be angry at one another, and she knew that she couldn’t hold something against someone who equally didn’t have a say in their situation.

“Yes I remember my father would leave the castle once the morning and return with that nights dinner. He loved to hunt, loved to get some time to be just Leonard, not King, even though he was treated like one still. He said it was the only time he felt like he wasn’t king because he would get hurt like anyone in our kingdom.” She said smiling happily.

“I love along of comedy and romance plays... tragedy too. They’re just interesting because when you live in a castle your entire life, it gives you another perspective.” She said as she looked at Levian and smiled as she felt like she was warming up to him, was kind of feeling nice around him.

“I’m very sorry about my previous actions... they were rude of me and I was being selfish.” She said as she looked at her hands as she felt like she had to apologize for that because it was entirely her fault... well maybe not entirely, but for a huge part it was her fault.

“This is also why I love books. It gives me a chance to be someone other then me for a time. I can be something other then a prince.” He said softly. “I want to write a book someday, in the future when I’m old and have lived and experienced many things.”

He was surprised at her apology. It wasn’t needed to for him to forgive her.

“No need. I understand your frustration. Everything that was said or not said before, is behind us now.” He said smiling

“I just felt the need to apologize for my actions because I was pretty mean.” Akitka said as she looked at him and smiled softly. “Thank you though,” she said as she was thankful that he didn’t seem upset about her actions, even if they had bothered him awhile ago.

Soon lunch was served, as what seemed like forever and Akitka ate her meal slowly. She had some tea with her lunch as it wasn’t her treatment, which they found she had to take a bit more than just once a day now. They found she had to drink it three times a day, once with each meal.

Once lunch was done Akitka carefully got up from her seat and smiled to Levian, “would you like to join me on my walk through the garden?” She asked curiously as she would invite him, figuring it would give them more time to talk and get to know one another as well. “Or I could come with you too.” She said giggling a little bit as she shrugged her shoulders, “or as usually we could do our own thing.” She said as that was always an option.

Levian smiled at her apology. It hadn’t been a month yet, but the young princess had come a long way from when they first met. If this was how the rest of their marriage was going to go, maybe it wouldn’t be so bad. The servants served the food, and lunch proceeded in a very pleasant manner. After they had finished eating Akitka rose from her seat.

“The garden?” Levian smiled back. The princess had a very beautiful smile, one of those that lit up the whole room. He hadn’t really noticed it before, maybe it was because she never really smiled, or when she did it was so obviously forced. “Sure, it is a rather lovely day to take a walk.” When was the last time he went to the garden?

Akita smiled and nodded her head. She loved gardens, especially taking care of them. She had found over her years at home that she had quiet the green thumb, much like her mother before her. Her mother had cared for their gardens with the servents and Akita wondered if she would be allowed to do the same. Sure, she'd have to learn the local flora and everything, but she had no doubt she could manage it.

"I like gardens, back home my mother took care of them and following her I took care of them, with help of course. Found I had quiet the green thumb that way." Shs admitted laughing a little bit as she thought about it. She thought about all the times her mother and her had spent in the garden, taking care of the flowers. "I was actually wondering if I could help around the garden. I know it seems silly, but I would love to help out." She admitted, knowing that while they should spend time getting to know each other, it would also be helpful to have things they did away from one another.

This really had turned out better than what she thought, when it all came down to it. Maybe in another life time they would have married on better circumstances, or even been best friends. Then again, you could gain a best friend at any time in your life. So, there was still hope for them. Besides, the more she learned about Levian, the more the kind if found she liked him.

Levian laughed aloud, his sea green eyes twinkling in the light. “How fitting. Red hair, and you love gardens?” The young prince snapped his fingers. “That’s it. Rose. From now on I shall call you rose.” He stopped suddenly, kind of blushing a little. “That is if you want me too?”

The garden wasn’t that far from the the dining area, so before they knew it they had arrived. “And no problem at all, feel free to talk to any of the servants. They can help you get the proper tools necessary. I know we don’t have all the flowers and veggies that you might have grown locally at home, but I can get one of the workers to get you what you need next time they go to the market.”

Akitka chuckled and shrugged her shoulders. "What can I say? I'm a rare breed. I always loved getting a bit dirty as a child." She said smiling happily and then blushed when he said he wanted to call her Rose, but then reformed his comment into a question and smiled. "Sure, I don't mind. After all, judging by your garden and local flora, it seems roses are probably rare here. Not impossible to grow, but rare." She said among happily as they started making their way to the garden.

She clapped her hands together happily hearing she could help in the garden. "Good, it might also benefit me to read about your local flora as well as the soil. After all, while flowers can grow in anything, vegetables can't. They need very specific soil in order to grow and thrive. The more I learn the better, and since your garden is behind the castle, unlike ours which are in the middle, I should take the time to learn about the local wild life, that way I know whether or not there are certain things I need to be able to blick off or not." She said she chuckled, "I probably sound so weird right now." She said giggling a bit as it was probably a weird conversation to have, discussing flowers and animals the way she was.

Levian stared intently at her hanging on every word. Wow... She was intelligent too. The prince started to feel an uncomfortable burning feeling in his face. Was he actually blushing? He turned away quickly, willing the red in his cheeks to go away.
“You don’t.” He turned towards her now with a serious look on his face. “It’s not weird to be knowledgeable about something you care a lot about.”

Akitka smiled happily as she looked at Levian and chuckled. "I have a habit of apologizing so much, as one of your knights actually pointed out to me. Its such a bad habit." She said as she was trying to keep herself from apologizing for wanting to know things, for actually being smart, unlike many princesses from other kingdoms. "I do care a lot about gardening though, and animals. I especially love to learn about gardening and animals." She stated as she looked around and smiled. She looked at the flowers that were in the garden. "It would also do me some good to learn about your seasons, what they look like. If it snows in Winter or just drops temperature a bit, things like that." She stated as she thought more and more about the task she had set up for herself. "Enough about me though, tell me a bit about you." She said as she wanted to know some more things about Levian.

“That will surely keep you busy.” Levian laughed. “I’m not much of a nature experts so you’ll have to ask the pros.” There was bench at the garden, right by some willow trees. Levian motioned his arms towards it. “Would you like to sit and enjoy the view for a while?”

The breeze was very pleasant oddly enough, belying the coming Autumn season. This reminded him of his coming birthday in a few weeks. Damn did time fly.
“Well what do you want to know? I enjoy reading in my free time and sword fighting. I’ve never really went out into town though..” he said frowning. “Come to think of it, I don’t remember the last time I left this castle.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back