• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Warhammer Fantasy: The Doom Tide Comes

OOC
Here
Characters
Here

archur

watch for the flash
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Let's go over some ground rules.

1) No godmodding. I think this goes without question. If you're gonna do something, give some "time" for the other player to react. If you're going to walk along a plot-thread, go through the avenues of thought required to do so, chaos cults don't reveal themselves to you if you do a silly dance and shout how much you love Slaanesh/Tzeentch/Khorne/Nurgle/God Here.

2) On a previous note, please do not worship chaos. It's a meme, I know, but you guys are trying to save the town from the corrupting influence of the dark gods, not the other way around.

3) This is a slower RP. I get that some people get excited and generate a page all on their own, but this is going to be a sloooower paced thing. I'd say some arbitrary number like "Limit it to 3 posts a week", or something, but long story short: if you're going to have a back and forth conversation, take it to a google doc or a PM and make it a collab. It'll look better that way.

4) Usually, the point of imposing time limits like "post once per week" or something is to keep the RP moving. Which, makes sense. So, yeah, please try and get a post out once per week. However, we're all adults here (probably) and have lives to get to. Just give a heads up over on the OOC chat and drop me a ping if you can't post this week for whatever reason. If you want, give a short description of what your character would do, and I'll do my best to make a post for them as well.

5) Have fun. Everyone's here to do so, so be respectful of each other. We're a community now, so let's keep it pleasant.

Last edited:
Introductory Post
Victor had put away the second bottle by the time the court wizard had decided to start bringing in those who went to answer the desperate plea poorly masked as an extremely well paying mercenary contract for the defense of the Kislevite fortress city of Praag. In fact, from the way she was swaying back and forth, this "interview" probably wasn't going to last very long at all. The reanimant poured her glass with perfect form, stiff in movement as the maroon liquid gently filled her cup. Elizabeth, in all of her glory, finished her glass in one gulp before drunkenly smashing it back down onto the table, the stem shattering and cracks racing up to it's lip.

Elizabeth shot up at this, the rest of the cup shattering in her hand, crushing it in her shock. "Gah! Victor, fix this!" She shouted, going to stand up but forgetting to scoot her seat back, her lap thumping hard onto the table before forcing her back into her seat. She growled in frustration, and with a swipe of her hand, sent the broken wine glass, the nearly empty wine bottle, and the untouched plate of well presented lamb, greens and potatoes into the wooden wall, all shattering and staining the oak and trophy rugs in food. Victor stood solemnly still at his mistress's side as she sat in silence, staring at the dark wood table.

A pair of servants burst into the mostly empty long hall at the ruckus, stopping at the other end of the long table and observing the mess. "Get out, and call the mercenaries now!" She shouted. "Countess, the mess, it would only be but a moment for us to-" "NOW! I SAID I WANT THEM NOW CHELSEA!" With a polite bow, both servants exited with haste, and the two were alone again. The vampiress buried her face into her hands, then planted her forehead into the table. "I'm such a mess Victor. What if our mercenaries see us like this? Will they think I'm weak? I can't have them thinking their commander is weak, they won't fight if they lose out on the contract- at least that's what Leonardo says, and he's a Tilean." She sat up straight and slammed her fists into the table. "But what does he know anyways? It's not like he's got Norscans banging on his door anyways. Fucking bastard. 'Just hire mercenaries! It'll be fine! It's not like you'll be using that gold when the barbarians come in to loot it.' Selfish bastard. Charged me 500 guilders for that bit of advice. 'Not like you're going to use it' my ass." The knight put a reassuring hand on her shoulder, and patted it twice.

"I guess you're right. Won't know until we try it." She put her hand over her face, closed her eyes, and exhaled, putting on a mental mask as she mimed drawing out her fears and insecurities. "I can do this." She murmured to herself. The countess opened her eyes and looked up to her undead protector, who had reached down towards her collar and firmly gripped her royal purple night gown, drying off the tears that were beginning to form in the wells of her eyes.

"At least they won't see how red my eyes are from over there." The steel-clad knight looked to his left, at the wall now dripping with the remains of a meal, then back to his charge. "You don't have to be so upfront about it, I know. I'll apologize to those two and have them clean up another time, the others should be here any second now." With that, she reached for one of the empty glasses placed on another spot on the table, but her wandering hand was intercepted by the wight's. Elizabeth grumbled to herself, then sat back down into her seat, ready to greet the few mercenaries she was able to gather.

Rusty of Shackleford Rusty of Shackleford Karcen Karcen

"Do you really need to do this you should just run off to the horde" A voice whispered in Serais' mind.

" Shut up" Serai whispered to the deamon in the blade. She never cared to talk to the thing she had pushed into the forge. The creature might be a servant of her gods, but he was still a being of chaos and so was her god. She hated all of chaos and these two beings were no exception.

" You do not care for them or the money why continue this farce" The deamon continued never listening to it's captor except when truly ordered.

" We are doing it because we can now shut up" Serais muttered to her blade even though it was still in it's sheath on her hip.

" If you say so these aren't your people those are gone eaten by chaos" The deamon responded always enjoying stabbing at her before it finally shut up.

Serais didn't respond, though no matter how long it was from when her home fell, that statement always hurt. All her people were gone, her lands burned, and herself corrupted. Serais was only here to hunt the servants of chaos, she would hunt every last one of them down and strike down the gods of chaos. Serais would take revenge for everything chaos had done. Serais would forever travel to wherever chaos rose and that was what had brought her here to this city. She didn't truly care about saving the people, she felt numb when it came to such things as all people where but a step away from chaos, they all carried it in them, they all should die. No that was not right that was her god , his hate for all things in her. Serais worked to save people from chaos, at least she told herself she did. Serais could not lie to herself forever about such good intentions as killing chaos was greater than saving any number of innocents.

This city had called for help, chaos would attack and where chaos went Serais was sure to follow. She walked through the streets that were alive with the fear of the death coming for them. As she walked Serais looked like a knight of legend her shining armor almost seeming to glow in the light of day. Every step turned heads as names of gods where whispered all sounding foreign to the traveler. Serais knew nothing of Ulfric and Sigmar nor any other name that was whispered as her patron. None would ever guess who she served, and she would never tell them, she would not spread the name of a being of chaos.

Serais made her way into the building that she told was where the other mercenaries would be gathering. There were those ignorant of what she was that whispered about how she must not see much action for her armor was pristine. They would never know her armor was the same as the enemy they planned to fight. Serais said nothing to those people, she didn't care what others thought. all that mattered was that chaos was coming and she would spill their blood. That was all she should think of bringing death to her enemy not the words of idiots who would die long before her work was done. The group would soon be brought into the room where their patron was. She looked young, with fair skin and not a singe wrinkle. Her eyes however looked old, far older than a woman of her age had any right to look. her life must have been hard. By her was a knight in dull silver armor that looked well maintained. Serais could saw little of the two they seemed to have lead harsh lives, but nothing truly stuck out about them.

" When are they coming?" Serais asked not exactly being polite, as she had long lost her courtly manners and only thought of her next fight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back