• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Warhammer: fantasy - group looking for GM

I'll draw up a simplified version of that CS tomorrow for everyone to use when I put the thread up. For now, I'd start looking through the book and working out the basics of your main and backup characters so they're ready to go. As this will be high-mortaility I'd advise against getting too attached or making special-snowflake characters at this stage, just in case they die early on in the campaign!

Lol. To my knowledge, the skeever empire n teh empire of sigmar aren't on very good terms... I'm all for creativity, but there has to be a good reason for why your characters join up to the merc company. I think we should wait for hellkite to get settled, and set up a proper thread and CS along with his simplified version of rules and etc. Since he will be our Dungeon/game master :3

@Superboi360 Okay... Just to warn you, you need to be quite knowledgeable about the warhammer fantasy lore/world. The dice mechanics are fairly complex... If they are anything like the 40k version, also... this Roleplay would be [Detailed]? Meaning proper grammar, and appropriate quality of writing... The Warhammer universe is a depressing one. Misery, death, grieve, death is pretty much prevalent everywhere.... Unless you're a dark elf. In which, you kinda enjoy that shit. Not trying to put you off, but just making sure you know what you're getting into... No anime style chat speak and personalities here. >.> The lore is very, very, very deep....

Are we using warhammer fantasy tabletop rules? Or Warhammer fantasy ROLEPLAY rules? Because I know the former well enough, nothing about the latter and would appreciate if there was an online PDF or something similar lol.

KaldorDraigo said:
Lol. To my knowledge, the skeever empire n teh empire of sigmar aren't on very good terms... I'm all for creativity, but there has to be a good reason for why your characters join up to the merc company. I think we should wait for hellkite to get settled, and set up a proper thread and CS along with his simplified version of rules and etc. Since he will be our Dungeon/game master :3
@Superboi360 Okay... Just to warn you, you need to be quite knowledgeable about the warhammer fantasy lore/world. The dice mechanics are fairly complex... If they are anything like the 40k version, also... this Roleplay would be [Detailed]? Meaning proper grammar, and appropriate quality of writing... The Warhammer universe is a depressing one. Misery, death, grieve, death is pretty much prevalent everywhere.... Unless you're a dark elf. In which, you kinda enjoy that shit. Not trying to put you off, but just making sure you know what you're getting into... No anime style chat speak and personalities here. >.> The lore is very, very, very deep....

Are we using warhammer fantasy tabletop rules? Or Warhammer fantasy ROLEPLAY rules? Because I know the former well enough, nothing about the latter and would appreciate if there was an online PDF or something similar lol.
Well, If I don't try it, I'll never know, am I right?

KaldorDraigo said:

Yeah, exotic races are always hard to place. I'll wait and see what other characters people are thinking of making before passing a final verdict. If we have three humans, then the skaven as fourth party member could appear out of place (unless the humans are his bodyguards or something) in which case we'll have to ditch the mercenary company idea and instead do something different. Could still work, but we need to see who else we have.

And we'll be using the Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay rules, which among other places I'm sure can be found at Scribd in pdf format for free.

Still working on the thread, decided to finish the CS stuff before posting it so taking longer than I anticipated it would. Soon though, soon... (> :) )

KaldorDraigo said:
I was wanting to play a vampire count... Blood Dragons... :D

Second or first editions?
An Imperial, a Skaven and a vampire walk into a bar... Seems we're going to have an interesting party! Out of curiosity, could the Vampire pass himself as a normal human?

And I think we'll use the 2nd edition rules, which can be found on Scribd

Yes. A vampire, disguised well enough could be passed off as a particularly ill/pale/eccentric human. Though they are greatly weakened by the sun, and "Holy" type weapons. Of course, they also need blood :3

Especially if you keep yourself cloaked/hooded at all times.

Got's an idea... In current Fantasy lore, it's the end times. Everything is going batshit crazy, races are gearing up for war, races already geared up for war are upping the stakes even further, ancient heroes and villains are being resurrected because even the gods don't play by the rules anymore...

But what if our little moltey band of misfits don't actually want the world to end in a blaze of tragic glory? What if they rather like the old world intact and races un-extinct. But who or what would actually have the power to stop the dangerously volatile pot of warhamer races from boiling over?

The old ones... They go on a quest to recieve help from the old ones to save a world that might not even be worth saving anymore.

:3 How's that for a plotline that allows lotsa wiggle room with races?

Hellkite said:
An Imperial, a Skaven and a vampire walk into a bar... Seems we're going to have an interesting party! Out of curiosity, could the Vampire pass himself as a normal human?
And I think we'll use the 2nd edition rules, which can be found on Scribd
It is a knowhn fact that some Vampires (There is more than 4 types If I remember correctly) can hide as humans very Efficiently in Warhammer Fantasy Universe

KaldorDraigo said:
Yes. A vampire, disguised well enough could be passed off as a particularly ill/pale/eccentric human. Though they are greatly weakened by the sun, and "Holy" type weapons. Of course, they also need blood :3

Especially if you keep yourself cloaked/hooded at all times.

Got's an idea... In current Fantasy lore, it's the end times. Everything is going batshit crazy, races are gearing up for war, races already geared up for war are upping the stakes even further, ancient heroes and villains are being resurrected because even the gods don't play by the rules anymore...

But what if our little moltey band of misfits don't actually want the world to end in a blaze of tragic glory? What if they rather like the old world intact and races un-extinct. But who or what would actually have the power to stop the dangerously volatile pot of warhamer races from boiling over?

The old ones... They go on a quest to recieve help from the old ones to save a world that might not even be worth saving anymore.

:3 How's that for a plotline that allows lotsa wiggle room with races?
Yeah, thats definately got some potential -I'll do some research and see what comes up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back