• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Warhammer: fantasy - group looking for GM

I dont have much experience with Warhammer Rpgs, but I can get the rulebook and learn and once thats done I could GM if you have no-one else

Hellkite said:
I dont have much experience with Warhammer Rpgs, but I can get the rulebook and learn and once thats done I could GM if you have no-one else
I'd be more than happy to have you as GM :)

If you need any help regarding the lore of WHF I'd be happy to help.

MasterIzzy said:
I'd be more than happy to have you as GM :)
If you need any help regarding the lore of WHF I'd be happy to help.
Cool, I'll start reading up then, and if someone more qualified comes along I'll happily drop to being a player :)

I know a fair bit of WHF lore, but I'll call on you if I need anything!

I've skimmed theough the book and reckon I've got a handle on things; got a few ideas already. Ready to get started whenever you guys are!

Ohhh also to be honest while I did play some D&D in real I am fairly new to Rping on forums.so excuse me If I Rp incorrectly.

Hellkite said:
Cool, I'll start reading up then, and if someone more qualified comes along I'll happily drop to being a player :)
I know a fair bit of WHF lore, but I'll call on you if I need anything!

I've skimmed theough the book and reckon I've got a handle on things; got a few ideas already. Ready to get started whenever you guys are!
Im ready :)

Oh BTW, I'd been meaning to ask... I know that the traditional wfrp systam doesn't allow the players to play the more exotic races in the WHF world. And wanted to know if its okay by you if we'll be able to choose from those races (I'm drooling over playing a skaven assasin :D )

Last edited by a moderator:
MasterIzzy said:
Im ready :)
Oh BTW, I'd been meaning to ask... I know that the traditional wfrp systam doesn't allow the players to play the more exotic races in the WHF world. And wanted to know if its okay by you if we'll be able to choose from those races (I'm drooling over playing a skaven assasin :D )
Initially I have no problem with that, it'll just depend on what everyone else wants to play and how the various species can be plausibly thrown together.

So we have two players so far, correct? If you can find another two ideally, then I can start to build the campaign and get things moving along. By the way, do you want a high mortality game or are you hoping to have your character survive all the way through?

Hellkite said:
Initially I have no problem with that, it'll just depend on what everyone else wants to play and how the various species can be plausibly thrown together.
So we have two players so far, correct? If you can find another two ideally, then I can start to build the campaign and get things moving along. By the way, do you want a high mortality game or are you hoping to have your character survive all the way through?
Of course , plus there are some races that would be very problematic for a player character like playing a slann, rat ogre, ogre, an undead...

Right now we are 2 players. I'll try and "recruit" some more players. I hope that DefendKebab1918 will lend a hand in the effort.

About the mortality.... That is such an evil question for a GM to ask a player LOL

As long as it's not cheap and ties well with the story I'm totaly trusting your GM instincts (plus, I like it when there is a real sense of danger to the charcters).

Hellkite said:
MasterIzzy said:
Of course , plus there are some races that would be very problematic for a player character like playing a slann, rat ogre, ogre, an undead...
Right now we are 2 players. I'll try and "recruit" some more players. I hope that DefendKebab1918 will lend a hand in the effort.

About the mortality.... That is such an evil question for a GM to ask a player LOL

As long as it's not cheap and ties well with the story I'm totaly trusting your GM instincts (plus, I like it when there is a real sense of danger to the charcters).
Well some morality might do good,since just killing people the whole Rp may get boring.Also about ''recruiting'' people,most of the people IK can barely speak English but I'll try to help as much as I can.

I'm in. I know precious little about the warhammer fantasy world compared to 40k, and I've never played fantasy TT (but I played 40k regularly). If you don't mind answering questions and having to correct my lore inconsistencies, I'd love to join :D

KaldorDraigo said:
I'm in. I know precious little about the warhammer fantasy world compared to 40k, and I've never played fantasy TT (but I played 40k regularly). If you don't mind answering questions and having to correct my lore inconsistencies, I'd love to join :D
Great to have you :)

About the lore, you can look up the warhammer fantasy lore by the grey hunter videos on YouTube

And 1d4chan.org site (it's written really funny but pretty much accurate)

DefendKebab1918 said:
Well some morality might do good,since just killing people the whole Rp may get boring.Also about ''recruiting'' people,most of the people IK can barely speak English but I'll try to help as much as I can.
Haha, high mortality (as in death-count), not morality! But on the morality point I was going to give you guys pretty free reign (I can hardly enforce lawful good when we have an Eshin assassin around).

@MasterIzzy In that case I won't pull my punches in the encounters. If you guys decide to pick a fight with some huge daemon when you're still a low level, you will die. Horribly. As in you will be turned into salsa horrible. Consider yourselves warned (} :) ).

No problem @KaldorDraigo , good to have you on board! I think this group is shaping up to be almost entirely new to the game, so at the start if the game I'll try to ease everyone into it.

One more person and we'll have enough to get going. Have you guys had rough ideas yet for potential characters yet? Doesnt need to be that detailed, just something to give me an idea on what I'm working with. I have a few ideas for campaign settings, but I'll give you more on those once I know more about the party.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thing is, will we be good, bad or undecided? Which side are we taking? Chaos? Empre? Good? Evil? Or will we be a band of free spirits simply trying to survive in the wartorn world that is Warhammer fantasy?

Also, I need this so that I can go research the factions, refresh my knowledge enough for begin forming my character.

@MasterIzzy thanks. I'd go right now, but I need some sort of guideline or plot scope so I can narrow down what I need to be most knowledgeable about. Else I could read for the next 72hpurs straight and still not be completely updated on lore lol.

KaldorDraigo said:
Thing is, will we be good, bad or undecided? Which side are we taking? Chaos? Empre? Good? Evil? Or will we be a band of free spirits simply trying to survive in the wartorn world that is Warhammer fantasy?
Also, I need this so that I can go research the factions, refresh my knowledge enough for begin forming my character.

@MasterIzzy thanks. I'd go right now, but I need some sort of guideline or plot scope so I can narrow down what I need to be most knowledgeable about. Else I could read for the next 72hpurs straight and still not be completely updated on lore lol.
Mhm, we should determine exactly what we're going to do. As GM I'd point people towards a scenario where they're initially members of a mercenary company (so that you can take either side in the conflict), probably and from there we can broaden the plot based on the characters people choose and the choices they make. That should allow for some of the more exotic races that people want to have while providing a good baseline for the plot. However if people vote for something else, I'm happy to work with it.

Hellkite said:
Mhm, we should determine exactly what we're going to do. As GM I'd point people towards a scenario where they're initially members of a mercenary company (so that you can take either side in the conflict), probably and from there we can broaden the plot based on the characters people choose and the choices they make. That should allow for some of the more exotic races that people want to have while providing a good baseline for the plot. However if people vote for something else, I'm happy to work with it.
Actually you are right,a Merc band is the most logical choice.People could side with which faction they want as the Rp progresses...Praise Sigmar...

A merc group sounds good to me :)

My potential character would be a skaven assasin-tinkerer from the Eshin clan (has studied a bit with the skryre clan).

Low STR,CON, and CHA.

high AGI, INT.

Mad scientist-assasin.

Very killable O.o

MasterIzzy said:
A merc group sounds good to me :)
My potential character would be a skaven assasin-tinkerer from the Eshin clan (has studied a bit with the skryre clan).

Low STR,CON, and CHA.

high AGI, INT.

Mad scientist-assasin.

Very killable O.o
Haha, sounds cool! Any other character ideas people have, let me know!

Now that we have four people, I reckon we should put up an RP thread so that you can all start working on proper Character Sheets and I can prepare for the campaign to start. I'll see if I can get something sorted out in a few hours time.

Btw everyone, as I said earlier this will probably be a high-mortality game. This means that combat encounters will be tough, and permanent character deaths are to be expected, especially if you guys try to fight things that you're not ready for. Provided we're all still okay with this, I'd suggest that people prepare a main CS and maybe a backup CS, in case of death/injury... Mwuhahaha...

My character will probably be an Empire Citizen(they have cool Germanic Names (^.^)) Who served in Empire's Army for a time before becoming a Merc

High STR T and AG

Mid INT

Low W

The Brute Force of the team ( >:( )

also when can we start?

DefendKebab1918 said:
My character will probably be an Empire Citizen(they have cool Germanic Names (^.^)) Who served in Empire's Army for a time before becoming a Merc
High STR T and AG

Mid INT

Low W

The Brute Force of the team ( >:( )

also when can we start?
Depends. We need to make a thread and you guys need to make up your Cs's, but once thats done theres no reason why we couldn't get going immedietly after that.

Ok,then we should agree on a Cs.You knowh there are many versions out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back