• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy War of the Underworld

Terrokar

The Phantom Guardian
Hello everyone.

So I'm in the process of making the details for this particular roleplay, but I just wanted to see who would be interested in this idea.

Medieval / Fantasy setting. The humans have taken over the majority of the continent, with hill giants having taken up a chunk of the plains and the half-giants inhabiting the larger mountain region. The use of magic on this continent (named the Central Kingdoms as it is the middle continent) has been banned by the Council of Nations after the War of the Archlord (or the Second Spirit War as it is also called by some). It's been five hundred years since the War of the Archlord and one of that war's greatest antagonists has been meddling in mortal affairs from the Underworld to prepare his return to the mortal plane.

A number of individuals have come to recognize something going awry in their lands as of late. In the woodland corner of the Central Kingdoms, a veteran knight of Sytheria has noticed strange aggression from the eastern tribes of the neighboring nation. On the otherside of the continent, in the southern regions of the Plains of Arden, a high-commander of Valyran has received consistent reports of the hill giants amassing to the north and preparing for invasion. At the same time, a knight of the same country has gone to engage in a civil war that seems to be much more than meets the eye. The last individual also resides in Valyran, in a refuge for the hill giants that escaped from their kin's rage and fled south. He is a shaman, and the wisest elder the hill giants have seen in generations. By communing with cultural ancestors, he has concluded that something terrible is transpiring and it must be stopped or the world could be in danger.

To break it down: Four individual characters that I will be playing along side your own have either a tingling sensation that something bad is about to happen or have had something of very vague warnings to what is coming. Your task as the adventurers is to find out what is happening, who is behind it all, and how to stop it. These are the four characters I am referring to (in order as above, and more official descriptions will come later ):

1. Sir / Master Augustus Damarien (His real name is: Aurumus Darkwalker, the Shade Ascendant) - A veteran knight of Sytheria. While he hasn't fought in battle in years, he is a strong figure in Sytherian society and seen much as a hero. His combat prowess is also remarkable, legendary even, despite his older age. Sytheria has been a peaceful nation since the decline of the War of the Archlord, but one of the neighboring nation's larger tribes has declared war. This is a strange phenomenon, considering that magic hasn't been seen by anyone in the Central Kingdoms in five hundred years, yet there are rumors that there is magic behind this tribe. (His real identity will be discovered later on in the story).
  2. High-Commander Jordan Ranthos - He is young for his position, but nonetheless able. He has great commanding abilities, combat prowess, strategizing, and management skills, which is why the King of Valyran gave him such a position. He commands from a fortress in the northern part of the country, where the "southern plains" meets the "central plains" by a river that draws the natural border and barrier. Since the wave the hill giant refugees went by his fortress with royal permission, he has sent scouts out continuously to investigate matters in the hill giants kingdom. Reports have either never returned, or with information of unusually large amounts of military activity.
  3. Sir Arthur Bremen - A knight of Valyran and the heir to the seat that is the Hand of the King. He is not as young, in his fourth decade (30s). He stands about eight and a half feet tall, much higher than the average human. It is rumored that he and his family line are half hill giant, but it has never been confirmed. He and his father alike wield two-handed great swords as if they were simply one and a half handed long swords with lethal precision. He also possesses tremendous strength, but is not necessarily the fastest. His father, the Hand of the King, is fighting the rebels in the western Valyran that arose from no where and with no straight forward motives. Arthur is going to help his father but from the reports and information he has heard, their methods and tendencies are definitely something worth investigating.
  4. Edrigg the Wise - A shaman of the hill giant tribe, Grithamar, the ruling tribe of the hill giant kingdom. When their city was overrun by their bloodthirsty kin from the other three tribes, Edrigg joined the refugees in their escape to Valyran. He is a chief advisor to the King of the Giants. As a shaman, he communicates with the spirits for a variety of reasons, predominantly cultural and ceremonial. He is one of the oldest of hill giants alive. His individual combat prowess is minimal, and worse without his staff or totem. He has been alarmed by his people's ancestors that danger is coming to the Central Kingdoms and that it would be a threat greater than what has been summoned in the past. He travels with Sir Arthur Bremen, away from his people and their refuge and his king, to join the humans in their civil war. By doing so, he hopes to find more of the message that those of the Underworld were trying to tell him.

There are two other characters that also either have a gut feeling of something be more than just "wrong" or have had a preminition of sorts that have revealed something significant. Brommar Titanhammer, the King of the Giants, being one. Since his people were ejected from their homeland, he's had a very strong feeling that this was no mere uprising for new kingship, especially since his lineage had been loved by at least two of the three tribes until now. The second is Amadeus the Librarian. He is the last wizard to be recognized by the Council of Nations in the Central Kingdoms. He has felt the arcane energies being strained excessively and has approached the King of Valyran to request permission to assist either the Hand of the King or High-Commander Jordan Ranthos in their trials.

Massive adventure story. Involves a lot of combat, from skirmishes, ambushes, etc. to outright battles. Mystery is also highly prominent in this story line as it progresses. If you have any questions, feel free to ask. In terms of races you can play, what kind of characters, or anything about the setting, I can explain moderately better (I feel like) with questions so I can clear up possible misconceptions. Otherwise, please do voice your interest! Thank you!

This is still in the constructing process. The finished product is not done yet and probably wont be for a little while. However I just want to know who all would be interested in this type of game. This will play out as a more casual game. Not going to require lengthy and heavily detailed posts. If you want to do that, go for it, I'll encourage that, but as long as the post has at least a four sentence paragraph then I'll be happy.

Anywhere for a powerful (maybe high society?) lady?....who is a little more than she appears....? possibly evil...??? possibly an anti hero character who is not neither side but her own really....?????? I dunno.....????? I've now used all the question marks I could possibly use in one post. xD it is late but I am semi interested if we could find a place to fit me in some how :3

[QUOTE="Soses-fighter007]Anywhere for a powerful (maybe high society?) lady?....who is a little more than she appears....? possibly evil...??? possibly an anti hero character who is not neither side but her own really....?????? I dunno.....????? I've now used all the question marks I could possibly use in one post. xD it is late but I am semi interested if we could find a place to fit me in some how :3

[/QUOTE]
I'm going to have to unfortunately decline the prospect. While I could see an array of possibilities happening with that, the plot is roughly set to revolve around the players and their adventures with the four I named above. My apologies for the inconvenience! It's just that this story already has 3-4 (depending on how you look at it) perspectives and story lines being purposed, so adding another would be difficult for me to manage as the GM. ( :( )

[QUOTE="Soses-fighter007]Oh okay, well thanks anyways. Good luck finding people. :)

[/QUOTE]
Thank you!

I do have one more question though if you dont mind indulging me.

The four characters mentioned above, are you looking to fill them, or will you be playing them? And if so what kind of characters are you looking for to join this roleplay?

I will be playing the four characters mentioned as well as NPCs. The characters I'm looking to have join will be knights and clerics (possibly an apprentice mage that ties back to the character mentioned Amadeus the Librarian. Since magic is outlawed in this world, it could bring a lot more "spice" to the story line. That is for the Sir Arthur Bremen and Edrigg perspective (they are together). To follow Jordan Ranthos' story perspective, rangers pretty much solely. For Augustus Damarien, I'm looking for knights, rangers, and clerics.

Do note that each perspective will not always have the main characters present for the players. Sometimes (probably most of the time) the main characters will send the players to actually do the missions of the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back