• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice War of Despair (Exalted 3e) - OOC

I've got a character 99% done. I just need to type everything up.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai

Can the Diamond Hounds start out with the benefits of League of Iron Preparation already applied? My idea is that it was part of the backstory training along with Tiger-Warrior Training Technique that boosted them to Elite grade.

Would you rather Ozric be more a Scavenger Lord for now? Lots of money, minions and investments to have something like Influence 2?

Would you rather Ozric be more a Scavenger Lord for now? Lots of money, minions and investments to have something like Influence 2?
If you're asking me, what matters to me is that you play what you want to play and have fun. So, if Scavenger Lord is what you want to play, go for it!

I still need to determine my hearthstone, and get my background up, but the sheet is pretty much done.

Can I use the Gladestalkers Stone from 2e for my manse?

How much of the Scavenger Lands has already been conquered by the undead? The original post made me think most-to-all, but then a recent comment made it seem like just Thorns (so default Scavenger Lands). (Or is it somewhere in the middle?)

I still like my current character, although if the Scavenger Lands are still alive and kicking (as opposed to being enemy territory), that certainly puts a lot of Hadria's background at a much larger distance away. I might tweak some of the things on her character sheet, if we're going to be primarily in the Scavenger Lands (since things in the Northeast are a lot less helpful for supporting the circle, if you're the Scavenger Lands and the Guild is still going at 100%).

Also, a couple questions, since I'm feeling like I'm missing something. So, Hadria has Crane Style. Its style weapons are hookswords and warfans. Am I reading this wrong, or is there no real advantage to using a warfan (besides once you have Mournful Crane's Cry, which is pretty far into the Charm tree)? It's described in the style as being for used for defense, but stats-wise it's has a worse defense than a hooksword. You get +2 Accuracy for warfan over hooksword, lose some damage, and lose the +2 from clash (from two of something). It seems like maybe warfans should have the "shield" tag, but they don't. So, question 1: what am I missing here?
Question 2: If I get an artifact hooksword and warfan (just updating their stats from mundane to artifact), can I get one of each for a combined 3 dots (since paired weapons generally come together as a combined 3 dots), or do I need to buy them separately?

These are all things I'll need to know... at some point. I haven't really decided if I want to forgo having them as artifacts, and just have them as mundane weapons.

Background for Sasha is now up. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it.

Raparth Raparth I'll have answers to your questions soon. Sorry. I'm not in a spot I can really write a long reply. The one question I will answer is that, yes, most of the Scavenger Lands have already fallen. Those that have not are under siege. It's a massive assault that would stretch any normal living army beyond its means. But the undead are different. And I want us to explore those differences.

Yeah, especially with the warfare. I am gonna be stretching my brain a lot to do the strategic/tactical analysis.

Trying to figure out a Shaping Ritual to use for Ozric and making a few adjustments as I see how others in the circle are panning out. Should be interesting to see how he works out.

So far we have 2 interesting military types and a merchant supreme. Suppose that means I can reorient more towards Ozric's concept better knowing I can indeed focus more on social and knowledge aspects to double team with Raparth. So I might just be crazy and up my Influence merit more.

So now to answer questions.

Also, a couple questions, since I'm feeling like I'm missing something. So, Hadria has Crane Style. Its style weapons are hookswords and warfans. Am I reading this wrong, or is there no real advantage to using a warfan (besides once you have Mournful Crane's Cry, which is pretty far into the Charm tree)? It's described in the style as being for used for defense, but stats-wise it's has a worse defense than a hooksword. You get +2 Accuracy for warfan over hooksword, lose some damage, and lose the +2 from clash (from two of something). It seems like maybe warfans should have the "shield" tag, but they don't. So, question 1: what am I missing here?
No. I don't think you are. You're right about the defense. Keep in mind they normalized all the weapons for the most part. So the main differences between them is narrative use. In this case, the war fan can catch weapons as well.

Question 2: If I get an artifact hooksword and warfan (just updating their stats from mundane to artifact), can I get one of each for a combined 3 dots (since paired weapons generally come together as a combined 3 dots), or do I need to buy them separately?
No, you can buy them together for 3 dots. That's fine.

Raparth Raparth I'll have answers to your questions soon. Sorry. I'm not in a spot I can really write a long reply. The one question I will answer is that, yes, most of the Scavenger Lands have already fallen. Those that have not are under siege. It's a massive assault that would stretch any normal living army beyond its means. But the undead are different. And I want us to explore those differences.

Advantages
  • And They Shall Know no Fear: These are pretty much either mindless creatures or Oblivion maddened beings. Perfect morale across the board.
  • Supernatural Potency: Zombies not so much, but hungry ghosts, war ghosts, necromantic war machines and other creations, plus necromancers, nephwracks, nemissaries, deathknights... a smorgasbord of deathly power.
  • Lack of Frailties: Food, water, rest, fatigue, disease, poison - none of it means anything to our Underworld hordes. They may still have supply needs, but in general they will be a lot less - and vastly different from anything Creation strategies are used to targeting.
  • Numbers/Replenishment: Uncountable risen dead and ghosts, and our own losses can be animated to increase their own forces even more.

Disadvantages

• A-Salted: They have a near-universal vulnerability to salt. Luckily Hadria already had plans to weld the Saltspire League into our assets...
  • Creatures of Darkness: Likewise, the Deathlords' armies are practically all these. The Holy keyword may not exist any more, but there are still Charms that focus against them. If we can work out a means of being able to employ anti-Creatures of Darkness power en-mass, then that's a big tip to the balance of power.
  • Necro-mmand & Control: The undead pretty much need necromancers/controllers to largely give them intelligent direction (plus replacing losses) and necrotechs to provide maintenance. Take them out, and an Underworld-derived force is up the Styx without protection from Lethe.
There may be other elements, but this is what I've pulled together from the 3e core book and 2e Abyssals.

I'm dancing between having a Manse castle or just have a castle/sanctum Ozric built with all his money and influence.

Yeah, I figured he'd build something to stake his claim but also to stash his stuff and do all his summonings and sorcerous works when not out there.

Small staff but supplemented with Demons and Elementals. Figure there will be room for the two military companies to bunker down if it comes down to it since it sounds like a lot of the lands are fallen and need reclamation.

Crocodile Crocodile I'd just make sure you can have those demons/elementals under control (whether from Charms or Shaping Ritual bonuses or whatever), since you don't have them from Merits. No one likes a demonic uprising. ;-)

Its rather hard to break the sorcerous binding with the Intimacy it installs, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back