• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Waking Worlds and Curious Faces -- Yogscast RP

Rythian nodded and without a word walked deeper into the cave. They'd need flint and he wasn't going to sit and argue about who should go get it.

Nano squinted at Lalna, her one eye clear deep purple in the dark, "Uuhh... Pretty okay? My head feels a bit like I'm swimming or something, but I think it's fine... What about you?"

Lalna nodded, concern written on his face but he tired to sound positive, "I'm fine Nano, perfectly fine." He quietly replied, telling the actual truth. It was weird how respawning seemed to scrub you clean from, well, everything.

Lalna followed after Rythian, arms extended and trying not to trip on any loose rocks. "You can stay near the entrance Nano, and keep watch maybe? Make sure nothing sneaks up behind us, we shouldn't be far to get what we need."

"Okay... Just don't get lost!" Nano called to them as they went further in.

Once Rythian was certain they were out of her earshot he spoke, "You know, you didn't need to follow me." He muttered, keeping his gaze forward. They'd want to find some flint and iron for any kind of light.

Lalna paused. "I suppose, but what else would I do? Just wait out there and wait for you to all the work? Beside I'm sure I can be useful in some wa- FUCK" Lalna tripped over a dip in the cave flooring and nearly face planted, but managed to steady himself. He squinted, "Wow, sure is dark deeper in this cave..." He stated.

"Last I checked your night vision is abysmal, Lalna. And you could have kept watch on Nano." Rythian said, pausing and sighing before turning and offering a hand to him.

He managed to make a faint outline of a hand, didn't move at first, but shooed it away, "I- suppose you're right, I am worried for her right now... But, I guess I wasn't thinking?" It's true he hadn't really thought it through much, and probably would have been better help at the entrance of the cave. "...Do you think it would be awkward to head back that way now?"

"Awkward? Perhaps. That's a personal thing, if you ask me... but you either bumble your way back there to make sure she's okay, dealing with whatever questions she gives you... or you stick around here where you trip over your own feet and ground." Rythian said, staring at him. Rythian's form was hard to see in the dark, but there was a very faint glimmer that made his eyes visible, a cerulean glare at Lalna.

"You threw yourself into danger, Lalna. I don't think you've got much of a right to speak here..." He muttered. Nano may have not pieced together why it took Lalna so long to get back just yet, but Rythian had known Lalna for far longer. He was reckless, an idiot, and self endangering. Then again, so was he, wasn't he?

Lalna titled his head, a neutral, almost puzzled and 'innocent' look on his face. "I don't follow." He shrugged, "Anyways, still, don't die. And, good luck? I guess?" He waved his head nonchalantly before heading back towards the light.

He returned back towards Nano, the light allowing his vision to come back clearer. "Nano, how's the watch going?"

"Did you get in an arguement with him again?" Nano asked, looking over at Lalna with a slightly pained, slightly bemused expression.

"Noooo." Lalna huffed, "He was just being grumpy... and I forgot I can't see in the dark." He smiled awkwardly. He sat down, cross legged on the stone floor.

"I'm starting to think he's never not grumpy." Nano mumbled but sighed, finding a seat next to Lalna and leaning her head back on the cold stone. She closed her eyes but the glow of the purple one leaked out from beneath her eyelashes. "Also maybe we should make you some night vision goggles... adds to your collection I guess. Do you think Rythian can see down there at all?"

"I always just assumed he'd brood so much in the dark being edgy that his eyes just said, fuck it! We're becoming night vision eyes." Lalna smirked, "Or I guess he probably has some kind of magic reason that he can see in the dark. Wouldn't surprise me. So yeah, I think he can see, at least a little."

Nano snorted and shook her head, though she flinched a bit at the movement and stopped, "Can't believe we've got someone who knows magic around right now, but we still ran into whatever the hell that thing was... That was awful." She muttered, opening her unfluxed eye to look at Lalna, "I mean, what were the odds of that?"

"Dunno, but magic tends to attract magic. Good or bad, doesn't matter." He picked up a stone from the ground and fiddled with it a bit, running his thumb over the surface. "I'm not sure where we should go from here. It's not safe to follow these lay lines, but what other choice do we have..."

Nano went quiet, thinking to herself quietly at his words and the situations they were dealing with and then she sat up quickly and grabbed his shoulders, "Wait! Wait, wait, wait! Lalna! Say that again!!"

Lalna blinked, surprised, "What part? The fact that we don't have much of a choice or the fact that I don't know what we can do-" he held the stone in his palm.

"Yeah! Yeah, that! Lalna, do you think- if magic attracts magic- do you think we could bring what we need closer to us?" Nano asked, grinning at the idea.

"I- Maybe? But, we need those whatever they were called trees, and I don't think they walk very well." Lalna thought this over, it sounded like it made sense, but would it work on paper? How would they even get a tree to come to them?

"Well witchery's all about mutating plants and stuff, you think maybe we could mutate a normal tree into one?"

"Like how you mutated those vines into spanish moss? That... might work, but we'd need to, well uh, figure out how we could even mutate a whole tree. Maybe if we make the magic stronger, what was it you used, some kind of witchery dust?"

"I don't think it's a dust... but kinda a dust? Mutandis! It's not too hard to make..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back