• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Waking Worlds and Curious Faces -- Yogscast RP

Rythian narrowed his eyes at Lalna, sitting up more, his fists already curled and he looked like he could keep arguing if Nano didn't make herself very known.

"Would you both SHUT UP!" She yelled, wildly looking at the two, her fluxed eye glowing a sickly bright violet and for just a moment either of them could have sworn that the flux on her skin seemed to inch just a bit further. "Why can't you both get along for more than 6 hours?! We're all stuck here till morning, can you at least make it bearable!?"

Lalna mumbled bitterly, "I'll get along with him when he learns to stop being such a-" He stopped and sighed, turning to Nano and smiling with not a hint of anything in his eyes, "You're right Nano, we are stuck here until morning and we shouldn't be fighting like this." Lalna pulled another handful of sticks out of the same lab coat pocket and set them down a distance from the fire just so they had some extra firewood ready.

Rythian just elected to be silent, finding his comfort back against the stone walls opposite the others and closing his eyes.

Nano sighed, "I'm sorry for yelling... but you guys just... I dont think I've ever seen two people so much at one another's throats and I know Sjin and I, or, hell, Hatfilms. We cant keep this up if were going to try to work together... right?"

"No not power of- god- just... I don't know, try not to strangle each other in your sleep or something? I'm going to bed." Nano muttered and pushed herself up and walked a few paces away from the two to find a place to lay and sleep alone. She'd clearly had enough of their bickering.

Lalna’s brow furrowed, “The ground isn’t the most comfortable...” he mumbled. He would have offered his lab coat as a pillow but she’d probably just say it stinks too much and refuse. He smiled slightly, before turning a frown back towards Rythian. “Do we need someone to keep watch?” He asked, not meeting the mage’s eyes.

"I'll do it. Just get some rest." Rythian muttered, careful to keep his voice quiet as he opened his eyes and looked over at Nano then at the entrance of the cave with a sigh.

"Lalna you can barely see in the dark, why would I let you take watch?"

He restrained from rolling his eyes and just looked annoyed, "Well, first of all there's a fire. Just because I can't see more than five feet out the cave entrance, doesn't mean I can't see shit coming in here. Two, you have been doing ridiculous stuff all day while not being completely healed from an injury. Three, you won't be any good to us if you're too tired to defend yourself tomorrow; at least I can take hits and not worry about respawning in the middle of fuck all nowhere. Four--"

"No, because you'll respawn back at your base. Like you already have, won't you, Lalna?" Rythian said, his voice low.

"Don't play dumb with me Lalna, you're reckless." Rythian muttered, "You realize the danger you put yourself in back there?"

"A Hungry Node, is dangerous, Lalna. And considering some of the oddities on this world, it's not a safe gamble."

"Gamble? What, do you think I'd actually die, permanently? Even though the chances of that happening heavily outweigh the fact that some of us have respawned hundred of times with no issues?"

"It's already happened to someone once, against all odds." Rythian muttered, "We were lucky that I managed to pull anything off to help her..."

Rythian sighed, "Look, all I'm saying is that you need to think some things through sometimes, Lalna. The world is full of a lot more variables then I think you account for..."

Lalna shrugged, "I like to think not thinking things through is part of my charm." He smirked, looking into the fire. "Why do you talk such silly things anyways? Do you never talk about normal things, like-- I don't know, have casual conversations with people?"

"Like you talk anything casual with people either..." Rythian glared at him, "Regardless, what's there to talk about? Two of my friends are missing, one of them might be in space, your apprentice has flux, and there's always the lovely thing we have called the past. There's not much of a positive here, Lalna."

"Hmph, I don't know, you just talk so silly sometimes." Lalna lowered his voice mostly talking to himself, "I'm not very good at social shit, except with Nano I guess." He fiddled with his hands in a repeating motion trying to think of anything there was to talk about, and looked into the fire.

"I don't see how I talk silly. I just speak what needs to be said." Rythian frowned, opting to look outside the cave from where he sat instead of at Lalna.

“Oh yes, very silly. You should hear yourself, putting such emphasis on your words. As if the world will crumble if no one hears your oh so great wisdom.” Lalna smirked just a little bit, eyes still on the fire.

"It's crumbled once before when people didn't listen." Rythian said and shook his head, "And who're you to be speaking? You've given enough speeches before, haven't you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back