• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Waking Worlds and Curious Faces -- Yogscast RP

Xenobiology

Your Local Fair Folk
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
The tall man was lying in a bed unconscious. They had found him out in the plains, clearly injured and barely there. Nano had insisted they take him back to the base. After all, the guy looked like he'd been through a lot and while she was wary of strangers she wasn't heartless.

"So..." The apprentice mumbled, looking away from the bed and over to Lalna, "Do you know this guy or?" She asked, leaning her head in her hands. Lalna had seemed... stiff when they both found the man and Nano would be lying if she said she wasn't interest in what got Lalna all worked up. She barely knew him if she was honest. She'd taken up apprentice ship with him solely because the last two idiots who apprenticed her had blown her sky high. So far Lalna hadn't done that. He did, however, manage to get her tainted which was... a problem in it's own rights.

“W- No ah...” Lalna trailed off. His posture was stiff, arms crossed and leaning against the wall trying to act calm and cool just behind Nano as if hiding from this stranger behind his tiny apprentice, with limited stealthy results (aka, none). They had taken the strange man into Panda Labs, up in the upper part of the house containing their shared bedroom. They had decided to place him in Lalna’s bed, despite how crumb filled and messy it was, because at least it didn’t have streaks of flux goop.

It didn’t even take a stern glance from Nano for him to crack under his pathetic lie. “Well, sort of, I’ve heard of him and perhaps met him once, hard to remember.” Lalna put a hand to his chin to stroke his goatee as if in thought, trying to remember. “It was a while ago...” he trailed off again.

“Oh whatever, let’s treat his wounds quickly, we might have stopped the bleeding from that major wound but if we don’t get it properly cleaned it’ll get infected.” Lalna shifted his weight from the wall and uncrossed his arms, reaching for the homemade cobbled together first aid kit Nano and Lalna usually used on themselves after a rough defeat that didn’t result in a respawn.

Nano nodded, standing up from the seat she had pulled over and going to help him with the first aid kit, "I just hope he wakes up soon. I'd be afraid he'd be in a coma if he didn't..." She said, reaching for a roll of bandages with her unfluxed arm.

As if just speaking such words had power there was a groan from behind them, causing Nano to turn and look over her shoulder at the man who seemed to be stirring from his unconsciousness. Rythian opened one of his eyes to the bright interior of Panda Labs before closing them again, muttering something in his native tongue as his hand immediately found the wound on his side. As his fingers touched it he seethed in pain, scrunching his face, "Fuck..." He muttered.

Oh shit fuck piss. Lalna mentally screeched. “Nano I’m not here!!” He hissed, rushed, and bolted for the stairs down to the lower level of panda labs. He paused before the stairwell, “You know how to care for his wounds right?” He whispered kind of loudly at Nano from across the room.

Nano just stood there, a bit dumbfounded at her teacher's reaction. She looked over at him and just put her hands up in confusion, "Wha- what in the world?! No, no I don't! You didn't teach me!" She exclaimed, exasperated by the man.

It was becoming clearly aware through the pain that Rythian was not alone in this place. He cracked his eyes open again, peering to see a... half purple woman? He blinked, not certain if he was hallucinating due to his wounds or if this was real. Though there was one way he could check, "Ex-," he paused as his voice came out strained, "Excuse me?" He asked.

Lalna ducked down into the stairwell before hastily and harshly whispering from his hiding place, “Are you sure you don’t know how to dress a wound? Do we not have any sleeping potions in the first aid kit that you can knock him out with??”

And at Rythian’s words Lalna scurried deeper down the stairs, back against the wall but still able to hear Nano’s response from upstairs.

"No! No I don't! I know how to put bandages on, but nothing of this size! And no, we're not gonna knock him out! He just woke up!" Nano practically growled at him before awkwardly turning back towards the man, "Uh... hi... How are you feeling?" She asked quietly, not too certain what to do.

Rythian stared at her, "Badly, this wound isn't closing like it normally would... who... are you?" He asked, forcing himself to sit up despite the surge of pain it caused him.

"I'm Nano..." The apprentice replied before walking over and sitting backwards down on her seat to face him, leaning her arms on the back of the chair, "Who are you?"

“Fuck fuck fuck fuck...” Lalna mumbled to himself from downstairs, hardly hearing their conversation, he crossed his arms and tapped his fingers in a repeating motion. How was he going to deal with this? Knowing Rythian, the stubborn endermage would certainly overlook his wounds only to get revenge on Lalna, maybe kill him which, granted, was only a mild inconvenience to the scientist. But maybe he’d manage to do something worse somehow, maybe it was all some elaborate trap? But he hadn’t seen the man in ages he didn’t even know where he had been this entire time. But, if it wasn’t a trap and Rythian wasn’t faking, he’d need help. Sure the man could die and respawn like any of them, but who knows where he would end up, and plus Rythian always wasn’t a fan of dying... Lalna sighed and tapped into the communication device he shared with Nano that was attached to his labcoat. “Calm him down, reassure him, and I’ll be up in a moment.” Maybe Lalna could wear a mask to cover his face... no that was too silly.

"Rythian, how did I get here?" He asked, looking at the woman quietly. She wasn't someone he knew, but she seemed to be... infected by some form of taint. It was concerning to say the least, but he had more pressing matters at the moment.

Nano paused as she heard the com come on and she rolled her eyes at Lalna's voice, "He is calm, cool your jets dude," she muttered into her side before looking back at Rythian, "We found you unconscious with a shit ton of wounds. Thought it'd be good to bring you back, but uh... I wasn't taught how to deal with this kind of situation and my teacher is being a weirdo." She said with a small and weak smile. Rythian frowned, so there was another person here as well...

Lalna tried to get the courage up to go and confront this situation. He paced on the stairs, his footsteps loud. He stopped, “Does he have anything... stabby? Near him?? Or anything he could throw?” He said to Nano over the comms system, still whispering as if that changed anything.

Nano looked at Rythian quietly as the com sputtered in her ear and she sighed, "No, not that I can tell. He seemed pretty lost when we found him, remember? I don't think he's got much on him at all besides his clothes." She said, tilting her head as she spoke.

Rythian frowned, "Were you planning on robbing me?" He asked, his tone lower than before which caused Nano to jump a bit as she went thinking up an answer, "N-no! No! Jeez, no!" She stuttered.

“Hhhhhh- ok fine!” Lalna said to himself and ran up the stairs before he could change is mind, “hI RYTHIAN UH FUNNY MEETING YOU HERE HAHA.” He practically yelled having no control over his volume due to nerves, his voice getting higher in pitch. Upon looking at that familiar masked face Lalna had half a mind to bolt back down the stairs. The last time he saw this man, the very last time, it was in an obsidian cell surrounded by bombs. Lalna had learned from word of mouth what had happened to Blackrock (which, by the way, had nothing to do with him in the end because he wasn’t the one that detonated the nuke!) and, to a greater extent- what had happened to Zoeya... he hadn’t heard anything more than that she was greatly wounded, and didn’t even know if she had survived. Lalna tried holding a fake smile and held his hands open to show that he held no weapon in them, as if greeting an old friend.

Nano whipped around to look at Lalna, questioning him with her eyes at the utter bullcrap he was acting like. But she didn't even get a chance to ask him what was going on when Rythian's eyes narrowed, "Lalna... why am I not surprised..." He muttered lowly, "You sure have the nerve, picking me up out of a field after all the shit you pulled..."

Nano paused, looking back at Rythian who looked like he might try to stand with a wound like that and then back to Lalna... what in the bloody hell was going on?

“N- now Rythian, you’re injured, we just want to help you, ok? Then you can go back to doing whatever an endermage does.” Lalna had half a mind to say endermage with a sarcastic tone but restrained himself, old habits died hard. “Just, stay in that bed, and let us clean your wounds and dress them ok?” Lalna was trying to sound as reassuring as possible which was very difficult in this situation. The scientist had half a mind to pull his sword out of his inventory, but refrained, holding his hands up and open still.

"Sure, I'll let the man who blew up my castle and Zoeya dress my wounds. Knowing you, you'd put cyanide in the cleaning solution." Rythian hissed, his eyes dark as he glared at him.

Nano frowned, now looking at Lalna, "You... you did what?" She asked. She knew that her teacher had a... less than stellar career at making things not explode, but this man made it sound like it was purposeful.

Lalna bit back a sour reply, but couldn’t contain his response in the end, “I wasn’t the one that set of the nuke in the end but that’s besides the point, if you want to make sure I don’t do anything to poison you I can have Nano here dress your wounds, I just need to tell her how to do it. Now stop fidgeting before your side opens up again and starts bleeding all over the bed.”he said, stammering breaking up his voice and breaking his stoic facade. Lalna’s hands were still open, but now more stiff. He had succumb to worry and was fully ready to summon his sword from his inventory, just in case.

Rythian looked like he was about to get up at that point, a fury in his eyes, but Nano stood up, "Lalna, just... I don't know, sit over there and tell me what to do... You," she said, looking at the man on the bed, "Stay here, for fuck's sake." She muttered before going to grab the supplies. She'd have to interrogate the two later, but right now she just wanted to make certain that Rythian didn't die and that the two didn't bite at each other's necks first.

Lalna obeyed Nano’s command and sat down on the couch. “Alright, fine, we’re fine, everything’s fine.” At that point Lalna was just mummbling to himself. “So, Nano, just... start by opening up the bandage we had placed their before to stop the bleeding, as long as the bandage hasn’t stuck to the dry blood the wound shouldn’t reopen. A little bit of blood is ok but not as much as when we first found him. You’ll also need some warm water to clean the wound a bit, and check for any early signs of infection though I doubt there already are.” Lalna explained.

Nano nodded before walking across the room to grab some supplies and heading back over to Rythian, "I'm gonna try to be gentle, just tell me if something hurts..." She said quietly before getting to work. All the while, Rythian didn't make eye contact with her, barely moving as she carefully cleaned the wound on his side. Instead, his eyes were dark and glaring at Lalna. He might be incapacitated now... but he wouldn't let that last for long, even if he had to go fist to fist with the man... a shame he didn't have his katar on him still.

“Then you just dip the gauze into the cleaning solution, fill in the wound, and put dry packing tape over top of it.” Lalna concluded. He was avoiding Rythian’s eye contact, instead opting to stare out the window blankly. “Then we just need to keep an eye on it for a while, I don’t think he’ll be able to walk on his own for a day or two with a side wound like that, miracle that his intestines didn’t just fall out...” Lalna knew Rythian, him being down for a day or two was pushing it, the stubborn endermage would be up and about way before it was a good idea. And the sooner he stood up, the sooner he’d have to deal with an angry endermage ready to strangle him with his bare hands.

Nano continued her work in minimal silence, occasionally a tune would get stuck in her head and she start to hum and then things felt a bit fuzzy... and she'd shake her head and continue. She was aware, vaguely, that according to Lalna she'd sometimes... space out? If that was the word for muttering and singing to yourself ominously as he had put it. She always tried her best to keep it from happening. After all, it took her focus away too often than she'd like to admit.

Rythian, meanwhile, finally let his eyes drift away from the scientist, not wanting to dwell on the fact that he'd be injured for longer than he'd like. If he could just... get his magic working again, he'd be able to heal himself. But after trying and failing to use it against the mobs that had attacked him... well he wasn't so certain it'd aid him. Instead he looked down at the woman who was working on his wound. The purple on her arms and creeping up her face was familiar to him. Flux. How she'd come down with such a case was not known to him, but he had a few theories.

"Focus, Nano, you're almost done." Lalna said, head in his hands as he waited. He had shifted his attention from the window to his apprentice and could tell she was starting to go fuzzy, but wouldn't intervene unless necessary, instead wanting to stay as far away from Rythian as possible. He didn't say a word to Rythian, and avoided even glancing at him, feeling nothing but a weird mix of feelings between hatred, disgust, and possibly shame digging at him from inside.

"I'm trying, I'm trying... it's just... distracting." Nano muttered, closing her eyes for a second to regain her composition before continuing, starting to bandage the wound back up. She needed to keep herself here just a little longer, just enough to finish dressing the wound, it wouldn't take long, just please let her stay focused, Mother- Nano fumbled with the bandages, causing Rythian to flinch as she felt the familiar voices plague her head, her stressing lowering her walls and letting the flux mess with her head again.

Rythian frowned at the woman's glassy look, "Nano...?" He mumbled, not certain if he should move her or do something... she seemed out of it.

Lalna stood up suddenly and took a step towards Nano, but tossed a glance towards Rythian to make sure he wouldn't do anything, as if Rythian was some wild animal. He carefully took another step forward, attentive to how Rythian would react and keeping an eye on Nano's condition. "Nano, set down the bandages for a moment. We can finish those in a moment." He said cautiously with a false sense of calm but managing to keep his voice steady and soft.

Rythian just sat there, clearly not comfortable with the scientist or the woman who had just... frozen up while dressing his wounds. But he didn't make any moves just yet.

Nano, however, couldn't hear Lalna well over the buzzing in her head. Her one eye seemed to have a faint glow reminiscence around it as she muttered things under her breath, half sing-songs and half odd phrases about timelines. This, of course, only made Rythian more concerned, "What's going on?" He asked, his voice... a little bit softer than before as he eyed Lalna.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back