• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Waking Worlds and Curious Faces -- Yogscast RP

"But will it work on a larger scale, sure, vines to moss, whatever. But normal tree to super mega rare magic tree? I'm not sure if we'd just need more of the stuff, or another recipe. But- it's a lead, it's something we can do and not have to risk another hunger node encounter."

"What are you two rambling about?" Rythian asked as he walked out from the dark of the cave and squinted at the adjustment in the light. He was looking more tired than before, but he'd been down there for sometime as well. Least he had come back.

"Figuring out what our next step is." Lalna looked over that Rythian after a moment, "Still in one piece hm? What did you manage to find, and do you have the flint and steel?" Lalna pulled sticks out of his lab coat pocket. Alright.

"The cave goes pretty deep, but it's not much a sight... we're lucky it doesn't lead deep enough for a bunch of mobs to come out..." Rythian muttered and knelled down just a few steps away, gesturing with his one hand for the sticks.

"What would have been lucky is that we never ran into that thing in the first place..." Rythian muttered, taking the sticks and logs and setting them up carefully before taking a piece of flint and a small piece of iron from his pocket and striking them together. "I just don't understand why that thing was out there..." he frowned from under the mask.

"What do you mean?" Nano asked.

"Nodes are not just occurring in that state, not frequently, and if they are it's..." Rythian drifted into silence and struck the flint and iron much harder than before, successfully lighting the wood but equally minorly scrapping his fingers in the process. He cursed quietly in another tongue before making certain the fire was stable and sitting back against the opposite cave wall. "It's a bad sign, is what I was saying..."

"I guess. I wonder what our gods are up to, allowing stuff like this to happen-" He somewhat mumbled. The warmth of the fire was nice, and it was nice to be able to see more clearly now.

The sun seemed to had just barely finished setting, if the fading cobalt light was anything to go off of. Instead the warm orange light of the fire gave everything a cozier look, even though they where still in a very uncomfortable stone cave.

"The gods don't care, they never have, Lalna." Rythian said, closing his eyes and leaning into the cold stone. The warmth of the fire was nice and all, but he preferred the cold for the ache that had settled in his body from the events of the day.

"The gods?" Nano asked.

Lalna raised an eyebrow before looking to Nano, "Yeah, that's who helps us go from world to world usually. It's their job to make sure things run smoothly, thought they can be a bit... uh, I don't know. They're not always there, or they're there too much, but we hardly ever see them unless it's the end."

"Well has anybody tried to contact them? Be like 'hey, buddy, we've got a problem and need a little help, please and thanks!' or something?" Nano asked, frowning.

Lalna huffed, "Well sadly for us, they don't run on comms. I don't even know how they know about anything. Maybe they're just all-knowing, but I seriously doubt that." He smirked.

"Hmm... Do they have a house?"

"... Are you genuinely thinking about trying to appeal to them?" Rythian asked, peering at Nano with confusion.

"Dunno, but I suppose it's worth a shot? I mean like... what's the worst that can happen, they say no?"

"They don't really have houses. It's not a guarantee they'll be anywhere, even in this world. As for the worst they can do, well, I'm not sure." Lalna stroked his goatee out of habit. "I've only known one well enough, died a few times when it came to anything related to him. Uuh then there's another one that no one really knows a lot about. You know Kirin? Yeah, I thiiink he's still in god status? But I also heard that there's new gods, two of them. Don't know anything about them."

"Oh Kirin is very much still in god status, last I checked." Rythian said, crossing his arms.

"Ok, ok, ok. I get that you guys know a lot more than I do and I'm still learning and stuff, but could you please at least tell me who the gods are? Kirin and who else?" Nano frowned with a huff.

"Don't look at me, I'm not fond of them." Rythian said quietly, shifting from his spot to stoke the fire.

"Ohhhkayy... So Kirin? Where do you think we'd find him?" Nano asked, choosing the one of the gods that had seemed to cause the least negative reaction out of the two.

"Kirin's probably the hardest to find out of all of them. Mostly because, if he doesn't want to be found he won't be found. That being said, he's a pretty sensible creature so I don't see why he wouldn't want us to find him, but on the other hand... Well there just isn't much of a reason he'd want to talk to us at all. Why do we want to find a god again? What would be the point." Lalna curled up his legs, looping his arms around them and placing his head on his knees with a sigh. Fire was very warm.

"We could ask him for help with mutating the trees, maybe?"

"I'm sorry, doing what?" Rythian paused, looking at the two confused.

"Oh yeah you weren't here. We were talking about what we should do next. Nano had the idea to use Witchery to mutate a tree into the Silverwood tree we need. It worked with vines and spanish moss. Granted, it took a good 60 tries before you got the right plant." Lalna smirked. "But honestly if we find him, at least we know he wouldn't pit us against each other in a pocket dimension to kill each other, allowing the final remaining yog to be the victor after murdering all their friends in gruesome ways, the only prize being a return home knowing what it looks like when light fades from their eyes, eternal darkness, pain and death..." Lalna looked distant for a second before snapping back to reality, "I think he's a rational creature for the most part!"

"Do you actually here yourself?! That's exactly the kind of thing on why I don't trust the gods! They're also the same damned people who sat and watched as Sjin and you blew up the old world!" Rythian argued.

Nano paused, watching the two in silence, "I-" But Rythian cut her off.

"You can't just expect them to be rational! They've got so much power it's all gone to their heads!"

Lalna bit his tongue at Rythian bringing up the old world again. "Rythian, you know damn well that Kirin is more trustworthy than Ridge ever was or will be." He said, voice low in tone. "But besides that, there's no proof that Kirin was a god at the time of- certain incidents."

"And who's to say he won't turn out like that?!"

"You gu-"

"Kirin's got enough power to level entire worlds if he so wanted! No one should have that kind of power unchecked, Lalna!"

"Hmph, perhaps he can but when hasn't one of us had the same power? To level an entire world? It's not that difficult for a yog to get power like that, we aren't just villagers or npcs." Lalna uncurled from his position; eyes glancing, sharp, towards Rythian. "It's a gamble you have to take sometimes." He quietly added, "It's what makes it all the more fun." Quiet enough that he knew Nano couldn't hear, but Rythian might pick up on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back