• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Waking Worlds and Curious Faces -- Yogscast RP

"I- I don't know. Maybe we can find another way, but we need to find a way. Uh, how about we talk about this after we meet up? Then we can decide on our next course of action?" Lalna didn't want Nano to be scared, but he wanted her to be fluxed even less.

"Yeah... yeah, okay," she breathed quietly and closed her eyes, "Just get here soon and in one piece, please. I don't think I can handle much more stress today. I'm already tired as it is..."

Lalna furrowed his brow in concern, hoping this didn't have to do with anything flux related. "I'll be right there." He quietly said back. He had reached the edge where the forest thinned out and broke into the plains, hills further ahead convinced him he was going in the right direction. He sighed and headed up it hoping that his friend and, ah, person tolerating him, were nearby.

"Cool, thanks." She mumbled before letting the comm go quiet.

Luckily they were close by. Just a good distance from the beginning of the hills. Nano was laying with her eyes closed and her arms over her eyes to keep any light out.

Rythian was doubled over leaning his head on his knees...

To put it bluntly, neither looked to be in the best of states.

Lalna made it up the hill, and found the two in a sorry state. He didn't really say anything at first, opened his mouth momentarily before closing it again.
He approached them before trying to get their attention, "A- Are you alright?" He fidgeted as he asked.

"Gotta headache, but 's fine." Nano muttered before peering gently out from underneath her arms, "Do we have a plan?" Her fluxed eye was... glowing a gentle eerie violet.

Rythian lifted his head to look at Lalna, "Took you long enough..." He muttered, clearly pained and frustrated, but something was keeping the edge from his voice this time around. Certainly wasn't as angry as he could have been given the situation.

He ignored Rythian for the time being, more concerned over Nano... "Honestly, I'm not sure what we should do... Neither of you seem up to traveling any distance... Maybe it would be best to set up camp somewhere for the night? But we didn't really bring anything to be ready to stand the night." Lalna scratched at his goatee out of habit, uncertain what step to take at this point. Curse having to make decisions. It was silly of them to not think this trip would take more than a day, thinking it would be a walk in the fields of minecraftia when it was more like scaling a seaside cliff. Gods, Lalna just wanted to lay down and have everything be fixed when he opened his eyes, no flux, no problems, no one in pain thanks to his silly mistakes.

"I can walk, promise. Not so certain about Rythian though..." She turned her head to look at him, "How're you holding up?"

Rythian glanced at her, paused at the sight of her eye and frowned. Nano wouldn't pick it up, unfamiliar with the man, but for Lalna it would be easy to see the minute straightening of his shoulders. Squaring himself to ignore pain or tiredness or anger or frustration. The same thing he'd done time and time for Zoeya. "I can keep moving. At the very least we'll want to find better shelter than this... A hill won't cover us. But a forest might be able to give us some material to do so. Just, preferably not one with a hungry node in it..."

Lalna practically bristled at this response. It was so obvious to him that he was bluffing, and with such 'selflessness' was only going to cause issues later. If they'd have to run again from some other danger then what the hell would Rythian do? The most he'd be good for would be bait for anything running at them if he kept this up, and then who knows where he'd spawn, and he needed Rythian here right now, to help Nano, to save her, he had to. Lalna shook his head subtly to shake out his thoughts. Maybe he was being too harsh, the man was injured and didn't want his companions to worry. That was fair enough, he couldn't argue against that. After all, Lalna did just sacrifice himself as bait to let his friend get away. Friends? Gods he needed a moment to collect his thoughts.

Lalna realized he'd just been silent for a beat after Rythian said what he said. "Uh, yeah, sure we should find a forest or at least a cave and something to make torches or a campfire with." He thought he'd give Rythian a chance to ask for help, though he doubted the man would take the bait. "You sure you don't want to stay here Rythian? Maybe Nano can stay with you, you two can rest a bit, and I can probably find something to help us better. I mean we can probably make a fire with some sticks and- other... fire related... things..." He had no actual idea how to make a fire that didn't include flamethrowers...

"No. I'll be fine. We should find someplace for her to rest though... I don't think she should be doing too much right now." Rythian muttered, his voice lowering as he stood up and only paused for a moment at the sudden pain and then forced himself to look around, "Some flint and steel and a few sticks should get a campfire going... A cave would work fine as cover so long as we can block off any deeper access so we're not snuck up from behind."

Lalna grimaced at the man's rejection of the offer. He mentally shook his thoughts and continued on with his words. "So a small surface cave, sticks- easy enough to find. Did anyone bring a flint and steel? I'm not sure we can find any iron without proper mining..." Lalna paused, honestly not sure how to convince this asshole that he really shouldn't be walking around at the moment.

"Then we'll have to mine, won't we?" Rythian asked, staring at Lalna blankly. In truth, he wished there was an easier way than to do that... and there would be if he could just reach his magic, but no matter how many times he tried it wasn't there. Honestly, it made him... he blinked away that idea. No, he wasn't going to admit to that just yet.

"You guys do realize I can walk. I can help too." Nano frowned, sitting up.

Lalna sighed, annoyed at the concept of having to Do a Work, especially such a low level work when they could have just had a digital miner do this. But they didn't have one on hand (of course) so Lalna supposed he'd have to get digging. "Alright, let's at least find a cave first, and collect some sticks. It'll be a start I guess. Did anyone bring a pickaxe."

"I did." Nano said, taking out her Ruby Pickaxe from her inventory.

"Good. Lets get going then, shall we?" Rythian asked, offering a hand to help Nano up which she took.

So Rythian started off, looking for a safer route in the area to a cave or something they could use as shelter and keeping his eyes out for any materials they might need.

And Nano followed quietly, watching the group with tired eyes, though sometimes she seemed to watch the ground with mild frustration.

Down the hill, into the woods. Sticks were easy enough to find. Lalna picked up some, testing if they were dry enough to be burned. He didn't think they'd have to worry about campfire smoke attracting anything, zombies and skeletons were too dumb to seek out signs like that. Any wild animals would probably be scared off by the fire. With sticks in hand, the next trick would be to find a decent surface cave that didn't go too deep.

"Hey Nano, you doing ok...?" He asked quietly.

"Hm?" Nano hummed and looked over at him, squinting, "Yeah, fine. Headache... that's... all." She muttered, but... that didn't seem to be truth.

Rythian kept walking as the two talked. He could hear them, and was concerned for the fluxed woman, but he had to find them shelter before they could do anything about her or anything else.

Lalna was concerned about Nano, but decided to drop it for now and only step in if it got more obvious what was actually wrong.
"Alright, well, I'm sure a little rest will help!"

"It will help if we can find a place to do so." Rythian said, his voice quiet, though not out of malice and more out of keeping his tone free of pain at the moment. "Can you walk that long?" He asked, looking over his shoulder at Nano.

"I can walk just fine."

Lalna nodded, if he needed to carry Nano over his shoulder he would, but decided to hold off on that for now.
Lalna noticed a dip in the landscape, he motioned towards it and checked, indeed, it was a shallow cave.
The problem was, how would they check if it was safe without any torches?

Rythian stared at the shallow cave before walking down and ducking into it with little thought to how he'd protect himself in this state. His job here was to make sure the others got safety... Or at least Nano, right? Regardless, he peered into the depths. At least his eyes adjusted to the dark fairly fast still.

Lalna followed in after, concerned about how quickly Rythian rushed in. His eyes didn't adjust as quickly, so he kind of just squinted into the darkness for a while, looking for any sign of movement.

Luckily for the group it seemed relatively quiet in the cave, though it certainly went farther than was needed.

"This should do for now... Though I assume you two will be wanting some light." He said, looking over at Lalna.

Lalna nodded, uncertain if this meant that Rythian could see in the dark, or if he was just so edgy that he'd adapted to sitting in dark rooms... He wasn't sure how that would work but it sounded like a Rythian thing to do. "Yeah, unless you want our eyes to adjust to the slight amount of light coming from the outside, yes, we will need light." Lalna huffed, still looking inside the cave nervously. He checked on Nano behind him for a moment, "How are you holding up, Nano?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back