• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Marina looked up from her menu at the newcomer, shouting about... Bingo? She wasn't quite sure what that was, but assumed it was something native to this world. Or perhaps the Newcomers world. She was dressed strangely, compared to the people here or Marina's new companion.

When no one responded, Marina said.
"I don't quite understand what you're talking about. It doesn't seem anyone else does either. Would you like to sit with us? You seem just as lost as we are. My name is Marina Campbell, this is my friend Adaline. We can figure out where to find this 'Bingo' together, perhaps. If that's alright with you, to have a new companion join us?" She asked, turning to Adaline.

Alta Alta SilverbackActual SilverbackActual

(maybe we should just assume this conversation happens before the bell is rung five times? If it will be rung five times?)

As the bell tolled, some heads looked up as though expecting something, most others continued to go about their business. And in the tower where that bell rang...

Tano's head whipped around at the sound of the thunderous metal clang. Before he could conceive even a single thought, an indescribable rage overcame his senses. Drawing his bow with enough force to break a man's neck, he descended the stairs. He knew the whelp would break her promise, yet still he could not help his anger. The man muttered something under his breath and aimed his weapon at the wall, letting loose an enchanted arrow. It ricocheted on thin air without striking the stone, bouncing from wall to wall throughout the hollow bell tower at blinding speeds until it finally guided its tip towards Tracey Morgan.

The spirits will know, and they will find her - the Oathbreaker's arrow does not stop until it pierces flesh or becomes destroyed. Tano drew of his quiver, and fired another shot at the wall.

At the base of the belfry, Verre and Nadira stood still for a moment as they heard the toll resound in their ears. There were voices and footsteps, too, of that much she was sure. What the hell is going up there? she thought, briefly looking over her shoulder to make sure the boy wasn't going to disappear on her. "Hey squirt, can you scout up there real quick with one of your birds?" He shook his head in response.

"I have too many of them flying around the city, I won't be able to focus on one."

"Well, are you at least going to be able to fight?" she asked with a frown.

"... Yes."

The pirate lady patted him roughly on the shoulder and kept pushing forward, gun aimed up but still ready to ask questions before she got too trigger happy. Something told her she should hurry, but suppressed the thought. Rushing in wasn't going to do anybody any good if they end up dead because of it. Peering over the railing, her eye caught someone hitting the bell in an attempt to ring it. Whoever that was, it seemed safe to assume they were on their side. She also noticed the arrow rebounding down the building like a goddamn rubber ball.

"On your right!" Nadira called with one hand cupped over her mouth, hoping she would understand the simple warning.

EmeraldSplash EmeraldSplash

Ozwald was sitting at the table in the house he shared with the only three people he considered friends, as he would normally do when expecting a visitor. However, instead of an unfamiliar visitor coming through the mirror, he was instead faced with the familiar form of his Creator.
"Ozwald. It's been too long since you've ventured out of this mirror."
He interrupts immediately. He speaks in two voices, one speaking English and the other a foreign language of some sort.
"Just get this over with. It won't last long, just like the others."
"Fine. Let's get this show on the road, then."
The Creator grabs Ozwald by the head shortly before throwing him into a portal.

Shortly after, some sort of figure starts forming behind Marina, starting as some blob of black sludge before forming into Ozwald. He's growling the whole time, annoyed with the fact he once again had to be taken from his home into unknown territory. The underside of his chin is leaking some sort of thick red substance. You can probably guess what.

He seems to be scanning the area, to figure out where he is, only to find he doesn't recognize thr place. He growls louder before turning directly to the other people in the room. He speaks in both voices, again.
"Where. Where is this? Where the hell am I?"
He sounds angry. As in "I thought I was going to be somewhere familiar" angry.
Also, he's completely ignoring the fact that there was a conversation going on, probably because of said anger.
(I think I know who to ping but feel free to tell me if I'm wrong)
Alta Alta SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Fred Colon Fred Colon

"Ah, I see. So you were dropped in here too then." Adaline chewed the bottom of her lip, processing what Marina just said. I suppose I'll have to tell Apollo that there are others who are not native to Sheol as well. "I woke up in the middle of a meadow a few miles south from the city. I have no idea how I got here either— I guess I'm still figuring things out." Adaline's thoughts were interrupted by the noisy ringing of a bell, causing faint tremors to erupt throughout the bakery. She expected the loud sound to cause some kind of commotion, but the customers and staff remained fairly the same, going on with what they were doing.

"Excuse me," Adaline raised her hand to a waiter passing by. "What was that?"

"Uhm, do you mean the bell? It's to signify an evacuation for any crisis— though the first ring is usually only for testing or if someone accidentally rings it. Anyways, can I get your order?"

"Oh, I'd like a strawberry shortcake, and my friend would like a chocolate cake with chocolate icing and sprinkles with chocolate shavings. Thank you!" The waiter nodded and walked away after taking their order. Just then, a stranger yelled 'bingo!' causing everyone in the room to look at her.

"Uhm, I'm sorry I don't really know what that means," Adaline shrugged sheepishly. "Of course, feel free to sit with us! I don't mind!" The table they were sitting at had more than enough space to accommodate this person. Not too long after, they were cut off by yet another person. A dark figure appeared behind Marina, quickly forming into a humanoid-like man with green hair and glassy eyes. He seemed disoriented, as if he had no idea where he was.

"Uh, you're at Pops and Tarts bakery? May we help you?" Adaline's voice squeaked. She had no idea what was going on— three hours ago, she was lying in the middle of a meadow in a foreign world, and now she was surrounded by two very suspicious people. Apollo, please get me back to Athera soon...

-----

Yeah, let's just assume this convo happens before the bell rings five times.
Fred Colon Fred Colon SilverbackActual SilverbackActual OzwaldiusGemsGoldia OzwaldiusGemsGoldia

Last edited:
Ozwald squints his eyes... If those even are his. He does this for an uncomfortable moment before standing straight and touching his hip on the left, checking to see his sword is there, which it is, as it's resting in the sheath. He then wipes the substance leaking from his chin, then crosses his arms.
"You don't know this world either, do you..."
He seems less angry, but still annoyed.
"Alright, here's how you can help me. Your name. Tell me your name. And the names of anyone else here you know. I have a feeling we're going to be stuck together for a bit."
He seems very reluctant to say that last part. Which is fair, considering he knows nothing about these people. Or, at least, they would think so.
Alta Alta Fred Colon Fred Colon SilverbackActual SilverbackActual

"First of all," Marina said quietly, noticing Adalines discomfort and subtly positioning herself between the newcomer and the young girl. "If you would like to sit and introduce yourself first? I understand you must be disoriented, as I was, but perhaps you should try to be a touch less aggressive. We're all friends here. There's no need for hostility. My name is Marina Campbell. My companion will introduce herself once you've taken a seat and perhaps ordered something. Do you like sweets?"

Marina smiled at the new figure, though it was difficult. Was that blood running down his chin? She hadn't seen him walk in, had he just.... Spawned behind her? It was all very strange. But she knew from experience that even the most gruesome figures could be reasoned with. Sometimes.

She pulled out two chairs and turned to Adaline.
"I'm quite looking forwards to these cakes." She said, trying to forcibly impose a sense of calm. "I'm not usually a fan of sweet things but I'm hungry, and this place is strangely nostolgic. Thank you for picking this place out for us."

Alta Alta SilverbackActual SilverbackActual OzwaldiusGemsGoldia OzwaldiusGemsGoldia

Ozwald looks over Marina very carefully before sighing. "Alright... I suppose you seem like... Friendly types. I'll try to be more... Civil."
He takes a seat, putting one leg over the other and shuffling a bit to get comfortable. He looks over the others at the table again before lifting a hand to the top of his head, lifting the hat off and tipping it to them, then putting it back on.
"I'm Ozwald Rubellion, from Mirrold. I doubt you've heard of it. As far as I can guess, it doesn't exist in this world. Or the universe. Maybe not even the multiverse. But that's not particularly important."
He wipes the blood off again, which apparently was enough to stop the leaking.
"Oh, and you don't need to order me anything. I doubt I have the proper currency anyway... Besides, I don't need sustenance."
He then scratches his face, making the seams more noticeable. Luckily, they don't bleed more.
Also, he seems a bit uncomfortable. He clearly doesn't actually trust anyone here.
Alta Alta Fred Colon Fred Colon SilverbackActual SilverbackActual

Adaline's jitters calmed down when Marina smoothed things out within the group. "It's nice to meet you Ozwald Rubellion and Maara Freyhildr. My name is Adaline Lucastia, and I hail from the planet Athera. I wouldn't suppose either of you are native to Sheol? It's no longer a coincidence that four people were dropped into this world; there must be an ulterior motive behind it." Adaline furrowed her eyebrows in deep concentration. They must want something from us. It's just... she looked at the people she was sitting with. What could we possibly have in common? Adaline would have probably kept on thinking if there was any relation between the group, but her thoughts were interrupted by Marina.

"Ah, thank you! I'm happy you're looking forward to cake— I know I am. The Pops and Tarts Bakery is very popular with the locals, so I thought I'd give it a shot," Adaline beamed. She couldn't wait for their sweets to arrive; the archery and ball contest was fun, but they definitely worked up an appetite in her. Adaline could feel group tensions beginning to ease as Maara and Marina sparked a new conversation.

"Hey Ozwald, what's Mirrold like? I don't know much about the place, so I'd love hearing about it from a native perspective," Adaline asked with genuine interest, the scholarly part of her leaking out.

Fred Colon Fred Colon SilverbackActual SilverbackActual OzwaldiusGemsGoldia OzwaldiusGemsGoldia

Ozwald almost says something when Adeline mentions the probability of this not being a coincidence, but quickly stops himself. A bit suspicious...
When asked about Mirrold, he smirks a bit.
"Well, first thing to mention is that the only way to get to Mirrold is through a mirror thats enchanted by my Creator. Once you get through that, you're basically walking on a catwalk above a void towards my home. The place itself is... Fine. But it seems to constantly decay unless someone foreign comes in. When that happens, everything can be fixed up to look... Decent. As opposed to the level of 'city 200 years after a nuclear bomb hit it', at least. Then there's the light of the place, it makes every Goddamn thing some weird mix of reds and blues. Theres also some radioactive water, some forest full of monsters five feet away from the house, and some other house inexplicably covered in snow, inhabited by some crazy person.
But, that's just Shatterton. There's also Junkedville, Mystia, and Corruptia. Junkedville is a town of poor people, made of random bits of metal from who-knows-where, and constantly under attack. Mystia's full of cults fighting each other with horses and swords and giant fffffreakin' bombs. And then there's Corruptia.
I destroyed them. The island is there, but the ones who lived there aren't. They kept terrorising the other places. They were corrupt, and we were making a cure, but... Well, it took too long. So now there's an island of corpses and disease just floating around.
Oh, and all of these places are floating islands, connected by a tram system floating above an endless void.
So yeah. Great place." He growls sarcastically.

The bell tolled, loud and heavy sound surrounded Tracey's ears.
A horrible experience to be in such a close proximity of this steel monstrosity. She covered her ears in order to protect them from potential ear damage.
The female closed her eyes and thought about anything but this situation, about the beaches she used to go to with her dad, the festivals she attended with him.
Yes. The main object of her thoughts was her father. Who knew where he was now. A shadow moving from place to place?
A soul wondering from one old mansion to another? None of those things... For now, in this moment, he was inside Sapphire's heart. Making the heartbeat slower. Making her assured of her choices.

Once she opened her eyes, she was calm. Determined to do what's right.
And with these thoughts she was set on ringing this bell again and again until it would have rang five times.

The young thief straightened her posture and was ready to kick once more, however a loud "On your right!" from a stranger peering over the railing all the way down.
At the exact time the dagger uttered a soft ''Dodge'' and she did just that.

Tracey dodged the arrow, fortunately she was fast enough to move her head out of the way. The arrow flew right by with great speed. ''No you don't!'' she yelled as she kicked the bell a second time. This time she did not mind the tolling of the bell. She was as confident as ever ignoring everything.
The brown-haired woman then looked down from the bell tower and with the hope that the assassin will hear her... ''I'm not dying you dumbass! Do you know who I am?! I am Tracey Morgan bitch! I am not giving up until I ri - ...'' An arrow pierced Tracey's right shoulder. A loud scream of pain was let out. The injured woman touched the wound and looked at her hand afterwards. The blood. She was bleeding a lot. However. That just made her more angry... ''Argh, I'm going to fecking kill you! You hear me?!'' She said as she lost balance from the sudden impact of the arrow. Making her fall.

And from this height it would have been a sure death for her, however she caught a steel tube of some sort. Hanging by one arm in this height she had many thoughts. How did he hit me? Another arrow? Why didn't the dagger whisper anything?! Feck it hurts like hell. Am I going to die here ? Just because I wanted to help?

Melon Bomb Melon Bomb

The cakes Marina and Adeline ordered arrived, as the bell rang a second time. Marina took her first bite and sighed. Nostalgia was all well and good but she still didn't like sweets. She began digging into it anyway, because Adeline seemed so excited about this place.
"It sounds like a difficult place to live in." Marina said in between bites. He destroyed them? She didn't like the casual way he said that. So many people she had known were blase about the lives they had taken. People like that held no compunction about taking more and had little regard for life in general. She didn't understand the life he had led, or the circumstances in which he was raised. Perhaps it was necessary, but in Marina's experience people often felt if another option was 'hard' the easier option was 'necessary'. She would watch him. "Perhaps this world will allow you to reinvent yourself. Perhaps you won't have a choice but to reinvent yourself. It seems like it will be a difficult transition. At least, it seems so to me. I'm both anxious and excited."
She mechanically finished her cake.
"But I must ask. What are your plans? If you have any. I myself am interested in joining the Doves or the Circle of Heroes. I'm used to working in a team. I've been trying to figure out the requirements, as well as looking for where, exactly to join. I've only been here a week and admit to being a little lost."
SilverbackActual SilverbackActual OzwaldiusGemsGoldia OzwaldiusGemsGoldia Alta Alta

Ozwald turns to Marina, his smirk disappearing immediately. "Well, it's bad for certain. But it's home.
Plus ever since the corrupts died the place has been pretty peaceful. Boringly so. Apparently enough for my Creator- uh... Never mind.
Point being, it's probably not the worst place to be.
As for plans... I'm not sure. The moment you saw me was the moment I was introduced to this place. I have no idea what's bad or good here, in terms of faction.
I prefer to walk the lonesome road, normally. But perhaps I'll join you... For the time being. Even if I dont see myself trusting you soon."
Ozwald is noticing Maara's somewhat strange behavior. One of the quarters of his face twitches independently.
"Well, I can't travel through any mirror. Only special ones.
Also, is my appearance really that horrific to you?"
He growls.
Alta Alta SilverbackActual SilverbackActual Fred Colon Fred Colon

"Trust is to be earned." Marina said, wiping her mouth with a table napkin and then folding her hands on the table in front of her. "I understand that. I hope to earn that trust eventually, and hope you will be worthy of mine." OzwaldiusGemsGoldia OzwaldiusGemsGoldia
"But so we understand one another, let me say a few words."

Marina stat up straighter, and her entire bearing changed. In her mind she became Silverheart. The ironwilled and uncompromising leader of the Lionheart Knights back in her home world of Yudal.

"I will be seeking either the Doves or the Circle of heroes. I've heard about these Uryian creatures that exist here, and have decided that they need stopping. Similarly, the Doves keep the peace between nation's, which is another admirable goal that can only help the first one in the long run." Marina kept her voice light, to cover the steel there.

"So, if these aspirations do not match with your own, I would consider whether out paths truly intersect. I will not diverge from my course for personal reasons. Yours or mine. I'd be happy to have along good, stalwart companions. I used to lead a company of Knights and I enjoy working with others. But while I am stripped of my position in this new world, those unwilling to work with a team or put the good of others before themselves, are not welcome by my side.
"

She smiles, softening and becoming Marina again.

"I don't say this to be cruel or drive you away. I am simply someone who has, perhaps, strict expectations and wish to lay them out at everyone's feet before any sort of relationship proceeds. Being 'champions' from another world is not similarity enough for me to work with someone."
Alta Alta SilverbackActual SilverbackActual

Last edited:
Ozwald seems slightly confused at the sudden change in tone from Marina, but he also seems to like it.
"I certainly wasn't expecting you to sound like that all of a sudden. But, what the hell... I think I believe your good intentions."
He thinks for a moment before nodding.
"I've never killed anyone if it wasn't for a good cause, at least, not that I can think of. If it's for the good of... er... was it Sheol? If it's for the good of Sheol, then sure. I don't mind.
But if you'd rather end something peacefully, don't look to me, at least not very often. I don't talk with people much, since they're usually attacking me."
It's hard to tell if he's lying or not, though somehow what he's saying seems... off. Or maybe it's the shadow on the wall behind Ozwald, shaking it's head.
...Wait, where's the shadow even coming from?
"...By the way, I'm curious... is this the first time you've been thrown into another world, unwillingly? Because it's certainly not mine." The shadow disappears as he says this.
He then mutters "Even if that's mostly because i share the memories of thousands of other people..."
He seems a bit... deep in thought. Like he remembered something he didn't want to.

"Athera is beautiful— impressive palaces made out of shining gold, lakes and fields that look like they come out of a fairytale, diverse magical creatures wilder beyond imagination," Adaline's voice faltered. All this talk of home made this surreal place into reality. This was Sheol. Not Athera. And she had idea how to get back. Escaping for a bit was fun, but she missed her home.

The tensions between Ozwald and the others had risen again. Adaline's shoulders drooped, almost like she was shrinking. After a bit more talking, Marina made an inspiring speech.

"I like your way of thinking Marina," Adaline smiled. "As a user of Heavenly Light Magic, it's really important to maintain your virtues, so I think your choice about joining the Doves or the Circle of Heroes is very honourable. I also relate with wanting to be with people you trust— it's just, I guess I'm not ready to accept that we're stuck in Sheol. I'm going to the Council of Magistrates to find out more about my situation; why I was brought here, what's my purpose, and if- when I'll get back to Athera." Adaline fiddled with the hem of her dress. Ever since she was four years old, she was burdened with the responsibilities of being the heir to the Lucastia Dukedom. It was easy to forget that she was 14, and perhaps more importantly, she was frightened.

Fred Colon Fred Colon OzwaldiusGemsGoldia OzwaldiusGemsGoldia SilverbackActual SilverbackActual

Nadira was not one to pause in a moment of crisis, but even the venerable pirate princess was having a hard read of the situation. A brawl... in here? The hell is going on up there? I didn't think it possible, but I'm beginning to think we have more than just an Uryan threat on our hands. Without looking back, she called to the boy behind her.

"Stay there, I'm going to--"

The woman felt chills run down her spine as Verre rushed past her like the wind, ignoring her command and moving in to protect the stranger. Three more arrows came snaking down the path, moving quickly and erratically downwards. The boy ascended the steps so efficiently it almost looked as though he were flying - he swept his arms to opposite sides, unleashing a barrage of crows that, with a simple word, instantly turned into steel. Soaring just as gracefully, the metal birds honed in toward the bell and circled around Tracey in a cyclic defensive swarm, each of the enchanted arrows crashing and breaking as they struck their hardened feathers with satisfying clangs.

Would you look at that, Nadira thought, staring up in awe with a hand over her brow. Kid's got game. No time to be impressed, however. She cupped her hands over her mouth again, calling out to the mysterious bell ringer once more. "Let go! I'll catch you!" she shouted, putting her hand on her drinking canteen and deftly uncapping it. She silently made a prayer to herself for all the good alcohol she was about to lose doing this...

Verre continued racing upwards with piercing eyes, now using the summoned crows to shield himself from danger. In all his travels, he never really considered himself a fighter, but as a spell caster with honors from the Terrarium of Magic? He was one of the best. It wasn't like Verre to get cocky, but he had a feeling that the hidden assailant's trick arrows weren't going to work on him. His eyes met with a very large man, strange-looking tattoos painting the better half of his face. Enough so that his features were difficult to make out.

"I am Verre Aslin, messenger of the Doves, and I order you to stand down," the boy said aloud, keeping his birds about him.

Tano made no attempt to respond. He whispered something under his breath, and his body melted away into a dark shroud. It retained its shape, certainly, but from a glance one could surmise that it had become intangible as well. But despite this, when he a nocked an arrow into his bow and let loose, Verre still dodged out of the way instinctively. Unsurprisingly, the shadowy arrow phased through the crows without harming any of them. But if that was the case, what was the point of this attack? Is it a distraction?

Shifting like black fog, Tano nocked another arrow into his bow.

-

Somewhere, on the outskirts of Yonah, the birds began to flee from their nests and took off into the afternoon sky...

Ozwald had suddenly completely zoned out for no apparent reason for a bit, to the point where his face's sections were somewhat loose, exposing the emerald skull. He had a blank expression during this, as if somehow he had lost control of his face. After a bit, though, he seems to snap out of it, shaking his head and adjusting his face so it's together again.
"...Well. That's probably the quickest that's happened... Did I miss anything?"
He looks around and sees Maara waiting. He waves, for some reason.
(in any scenario that I can't do anything, such as today when my internet stopped working for a bit, Ozwald will do this as well as follow the group he was with. He's essentially defenseless, so he will also hide in cases of attack. He can still be found if he's looked for, as he cant use his cloak ability or any other while in this state.
You can assume I'm not available if I'm not here for a while after the last message. I usually reply quickly.)

All alone she felt high up holding her whole weight on her one functional arm. The task became a lot harder when she realized that her hand is covered in blood from having touched the wound a moment ago. ''Oh how precious life is...'' she said looking somewhere far away. Afterwards a laughter burst from her lips. ''What a load of horseshit.. Am I really going to die? Is this what is happening?!'' A wild panic caught Tracey's mind as she struggled to push up, to catch and hold onto anything that would help her in her dangerous situation.

There she was, slipping into an incoming death. All of a sudden a large number of steel-like birds flew around her. ''Is this for real? Am I still alive? What?'' Puzzled she was. Hearing the sound of arrows breaking she figured that the assassin is not done defending his little endeavor. ''Feck... Feck... Feck...''

"Let go! I'll catch you!" ... ... ... A shout... A shout! Help! Somebody is willing to help me... Maybe a guard? A soldier? The bell ringer looked down upon an unknown woman. She looked smaller and more fragile than Sapphire. ''You have to be kidding me...'' Sapphire looked at the woman. ''Excuse me but you look like as if even a small breeze could break you down... Y-you .. you look very weak. I don't think you can catch me!'' The injured woman then proceeded to struggle more and more however it was all in vain.

She looked back down. Sigh. '' I swear to what-ever-the-feck your God or Goddess is, if you don't catch me, I will take it personally as an insult of my weight! I would like to say in advance that I am not fat in any way, shape, or form and if you don't catch me it will be entirely your fault!!! ''

A calm state overwhelmed Sapphire. A joke was coming.. ''Might as well go out with a boom, or more like... A DONG!'' she shouted as she let go her hand of the pipe grabbing her dagger and throwing it upwards. Guiding it with her words holding it by it's red cloth.

The words of guidance were successful as the dagger hit the bell and rang it for the third time.

The dagger by itself would not be able to manage ringing that bell however the dagger is not what it seems. ''The strength of it is in you.. Sapphire. Tracey. Morgan... Your doing is the catalyst of the Dagger of Whispers. ''

''But this power should not be taken lightly for it will take it's payment for it's services. Survive my child. So that my life was not in vain...''

It was these words that were running through her head as she was falling. The price must be paid and Sapphire felt a great pain in her chest area followed by her coughing out a surprising amount of her own blood.

Melon Bomb Melon Bomb

—Mori—

Mori could tell that Sehra did not trust him. It was obvious in the tone of her voice, the expression resembling faint disdain she wore while looking him over. This didn't concern the Deathtouched boy however, as others' opinions mattered little to him... growing attached to people was altogether pointless. Some were absolutely more fascinating than others, yes, but all would leave or die at some point, and Mori would once again be alone.

"Beck is a very good ally and friend, then," he said to Morga truthfully. When Beck hopped off his head and onto his shoulder, Mori gave the bird a polite nod of acknowledgement. "I am honored that you find me to be interesting, Morga and Beck."

"Garo may feel however he wishes about me. His mind is his and his alone to make up and to change."
While Morga had warned him to be careful around this wolf known as Garo, Mori was not afraid. He stood entirely still, though his hands were open and his posture relaxed. Majestic creatures of the forest demanded respect. Mori knew this well, he had wandered through woodlands alive with the mournful song of the wolf at least thousand times in his homeworld of Prares. He would not reach out towards Garo, but he also wouldn't back away. Shallow mint eyes gazed at the animal from behind heavy lashes as Mori blinked slowly, but he did not stare.

Topless Topless

(got a looot of catching up to do on my rps, so let's just say this happened before the bell rang and i'll deal with that in my next post or so)

"Nothing wrong with a little weight on ya!" Nadira laughed, twisting the cap from the canteen hanging on her hip. The fine vodka swam out like a liquid serpent, growing in size far beyond its original volume - a water golem made of alcohol, who would've thought? The elemental construct caught Tracey's fall, damping her clothes but otherwise keeping her safe. It snaked over to the solid landing of the stairway, coiling in place as it gently let Tracey down. Small splotches of blood diffused through its body, billowing through it like a cloud - Nadira couldn't help but wince a bit at the sight, figuring some of the alcohol probably entered the wound. That's gotta sting.

"Ah. Well, that don't look too bad," she said, lovingly patting her vodka golem with a gloved hand. The creature responded affectionately as though it were alive, swaying its watery tail back and forth. "Long as the arrow stays in, you should be fine. I just wasted some quality vodka on you, by the way - so we're gonna go out for a drink later, and you're paying." With a satisfied smile, she shifted her attention back to the scene up ahead and noticed that Verre was also on the floor. Her smile turned into a frown. He squealed as he wrapped his fingers around a bloody arrow that embedded itself straight through his palm, kicking weakly at nothing with his tiny legs. Not that she could help it, but damn... she should've been paying more attention. "Shit, you too?" she breathed, climbing up quickly but with caution while her elemental covered her. She looked back. "How the hell did he hit you?"

"I... I don't know..." the boy groaned in weary breaths, curling into fetal position on the steps. "Maybe... I think it phased through me... and then... he..."

Nadira looked up, where Tano's shadow watched her intently. This guy... What exactly was this bastard trying to do? As she carefully unholstered her pistol, the man suddenly took a step back and dove out the window, disappearing without fanfare. Huh!? What? He's running away?

This asshole had some nerve, that was for sure. Gritting her teeth, she stormed up the stairwell, feeling the rickety creak of each step under her heavy boots. Grabbing the stone window frame with one hand, she peered outside and scanned the streets to see where that little rat could've run off to. What she didn't see, was the tattooed man directly below her, hanging onto the wall with a grappling hook waiting for the exact moment she would poke her head out.

With his free hand, he flung his knife with blinding speed, scoring a direct strike through Nadira's forehead. The pirate woman staggered back like a drunkard and immediately felt her thoughts scramble, her hand awkwardly hitting the railing behind her multiple times. Her mind lost focus all of a sudden, unsure of what had just happened. No matter how hard she tried to concentrate, she couldn't bring herself to string together a single coherent thought, and her glazed eyes saw nothing but a meaningless mural of colors in front of her. One by one, her senses shut down. Her touch. Her smell. Her hearing. Her sense of balance...

Nadira toppled over the banister and fell several stories to her death. Verre watched with wide eyes. The elemental turned its head toward Tracey one last time, and then lost all shape, melting into a puddle that reeked of vodka. Tano did not return.

Just outside the city gates, something strange was occurring. People passing in and out of the city stopped what they were doing and stared, dumbfounded by the presence in front of them. Floating a good foot off the ground was a grotesque, shapeless creature with a pitch black body and no immediately recognizable features. Multiple arm and leg-like appendages emerged on all sides, and a porcelain white theater mask sat entrapped in its center of mass. In one of its hands, it gripped a long rod to smoke and drifted slowly forward.

"What is this thing?" one wondered aloud with folded arms, stepping halfway into its path to get a better look. "Hey? Can you understand what I'm saying?"

The thing stopped moving, slowly turning around. A wide grin stretched out where previously there was no face, blowing its smoke into the man's eyes.

"What the-- hey what's the big idea?" he said with a tight squint, coughing and waving away the smoke. "You--" Without warning, enormous black boils emerged from his flesh and violently exploded, releasing dozens of little black insects that swarmed the bystanders, burrowing into them and rapidly reproducing the boils.

"FUCKING RUN!"

Pandemonium descended at the entrance as everyone trampled over one another in a desperate rush to get inside the city. Shrill screams pierced the air, others driven mad with fear attempted to attack the monster but were instantly killed by a lazy swipe of its clawed fingers.

"Close the gates, close the fucking gates!" The guards above moved to run the levers, but were stopped in their tracks by shadows that appeared in front of them - shadows that dissipated to reveal tattooed assassins brandishing blades. They couldn't react fast enough, each stabbed multiple times before they were flung over the wall like garbage. The assassins waited patiently for the Uryan to drift inside before closing the gates. One of the cloaked killers lit the wick of a small, glossy ball and dropped it under the gate lever before taking cover, watching the thing blow into unrecognizable wooden chunks.

But the festival goers enjoying themselves in the town square, the people who remained inside, they were all none the wiser. The bell only rang three times, after all. Was there a really such a rush to head in so early during a time of celebration?

''Aaargh! Fuck! This is unbelievable!'' Tracey screamed in pain as the alcohol burned her injury. However it all stopped as the girl fell to her death, a strange tranquility overcame Sapphire. It didn't last long for she stood up in a state of anger that she had never felt before. The kind of anger that you can't control. Was it from sadness ? From the need to repay something to this unknown dead female? She did not know. The only thing she did know was that she need to ring this bell two more times.

As Sapphire walked upwards, she passed the Bird-controlling entity ''I'm going to ring this damn well so people can flee this city. I don't give a fuck if you help me or not''

Pinned to the roof, Larque kept an eye out for any suspicious behaviour. The festival still continued as normal, even as the bell continued to ring. What did it mean? He stared at the tower in his shadowy form, catching glimpses of the figures inside. Clearly, he noted, a fight of sorts. Was that the man who stared him down? He couldn’t quite tell.

His head then glazed over the rooftops and his eyes widened. The shadows. Where did they go?

He slid his body down from the roof then caught himself on the ground. His shifting was pointless without a crowd to blend into, but he wasn’t willing to drop his disguise just yet. Larque wasn’t the only one who saw them, and Lady Meda said they were hostile. He had to know where they went, if only he could limit it to a closed ended question.

My lady better reward me heftily for whatever deed I shall perform here,
he thought, creeping between alleys to get even a hint about where those shadows had gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back