• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Vizardom: Original Superhero world, visual comic experience, interest check.

This looks really well done, and im definitely interested.

My idea was a former veteran soldier who, upon being exposed to the energy of the Hyper-Tesseract via the destruction of the Light-Speed Engine and the Hyper-Tesseract, obtained cosmo-ergokinetic powers. He was later found and physically augmented (involuntarily) via the implementation of a unique variant of the Super Soldier Serum and blood transfusion of Post-Humans whose blood can help his body withstand the energy he's producing. He also possesses what is known as a Photon Inhibitor, which is basically a power suppressant that was forcefully implemented into him while he was experimented and cannot be removed by conventional means.

Now I was thinking of having him being experimented on by Gail illegally and involuntarily but I don't know if that'll be accepted.
Some good ideas here just think they'll need to be refined a bit to connect to more familiar elements, mostly so its not too confusing for other players to understand your character.
To summarize and correct me if I am wrong - Your character was exposed to a form of energy that now exists within them, a condition that would have killed them if they didn't go through similar procedure to that of a supersoldier so that they could control that energy, part of that procedure included an augmentation of installing the Photon inhibitor to his body (Hence officially making him a post human.)

Now to make sense with the connection of being a soldier and getting that procedure done in Gail, I would say your character was part of a unit during the conflict when all of this happened, but was captured by Gail soldiers. Whatever happened during the next period, until he eventually managed to make his way back to Atlas?

Also to correct one thing you said about the blood transfusion of post-humans - thats not really a thing, one cannot become post human by receiving the blood of another because most of them are considered post human due to having technology installed to their body like cyborgs, or through a mutation that is not inheritable. so I would leave that part out.

Overall cool idea, let me know if I understood it correctly and if my suggestions make sense.

I'm in!

My character spends his time terrorizing enforcers in the name of 'heroism', but his real motivation is resentment. Nothing heroic about him.
Woot woot, looking forward to rping with them!
Confirming I'm in! Will need to check a couple of worldbuilding details, but my basic concept is: Parahuman noble with plant manipulation, used to be an elusive putting up an airhead front to use their powers for their own benefit, but realised that Heimdal was close to finding them out and so volunteered to save face.
woooot wooot, love the idea of them being an elusive noble at first. Looking forward to rping with them :).

I will post a CS tomorrow. Looks like we have 2 confirmations, so will wait to see a 3rd.

Yeah, you got everything correct except the photon part, the "inhibitor implementation", that happened after the accident and super-soldier procedures. Now Gail found out that due to the cosmic energy accident, his body continuously generates this energy and as time passes, he will get stronger and will begin to understand his powers. Being aware of how much power (My character), now going by the name "Mar-Vell" could produce, Gail placed the photon inhibitor on him to restrain his powers, both as a means to help him control his power and to keep him in check should he attempt to rebel against Gail. Now the inhibitor is not implanted inside him but rather it's attached to the side of his neck.
Captain-Marvel-2019-Photon-Inhibitor-Movie-Prop.jpg

The device could also limit his physical abilities such as her strength and durability because they are directly proportional to how much cosmic energy Danvers produces.

Now about the suggestion that he used to work at the unit, yes. That's exactly what I wanted, thanks, I'll use that.

And lastly, the blood transfusion thing. Ohhh, I thought post-humans were the ones who were born with those powers. Sorry, I typed the wrong thing. The reason why I input that was because his body couldn't handle the mass production of cosmic energy, they needed some way for his body to endure it until they sent him for the super-soldier serum. The blood transfusion would change his inner biology so that he could survive just long enough for the procedure to go smoothly. Because I doubt they would be able to do the procedure with his body turning into a bomb and deteriorating at a fast rate.

Yeah, you got everything correct except the photon part, the "inhibitor implementation", that happened after the accident and super-soldier procedures. Now Gail found out that due to the cosmic energy accident, his body continuously generates this energy and as time passes, he will get stronger and will begin to understand his powers. Being aware of how much power (My character), now going by the name "Mar-Vell" could produce, Gail placed the photon inhibitor on him to restrain his powers, both as a means to help him control his power and to keep him in check should he attempt to rebel against Gail. Now the inhibitor is not implanted inside him but rather it's attached to the side of his neck.
View attachment 959575

The device could also limit his physical abilities such as her strength and durability because they are directly proportional to how much cosmic energy Danvers produces.

Now about the suggestion that he used to work at the unit, yes. That's exactly what I wanted, thanks, I'll use that.

And lastly, the blood transfusion thing. Ohhh, I thought post-humans were the ones who were born with those powers. Sorry, I typed the wrong thing. The reason why I input that was because his body couldn't handle the mass production of cosmic energy, they needed some way for his body to endure it until they sent him for the super-soldier serum. The blood transfusion would change his inner biology so that he could survive just long enough for the procedure to go smoothly. Because I doubt they would be able to do the procedure with his body turning into a bomb and deteriorating at a fast rate.
Hmm so lets talk about what the "cosmic" energy is, and how it got here? By cosmic are we saying it came from space? I just want to make sure we dance around the fact that humans cannot practice any form of "magic" without breaking that world setting. Since you mentioned Mar-vell, lol, are you basing the powers off of captain marvel? because if so we would need to come up with what exactly gave your character the charge that they got - and I would prefer if it was man-made, like an experimental weapon the Gailians used during battle, but backfired when your character attempted to sacrifice themselves to protect the rest of the unit, but absorbed the weapon's output instead - this would also play part into why the Gail soldiers decided to capture instead of kill your character.

The inhibitor seems like a good element to include, because those powers can easily be pretty OP in this world, so limiting them with this device will really help balance things out starting out in the story.

Is it safe to assume with everything I mentioned, your character escaped their capturers in Gail before the start of the RP? because if so, this will explain how they ended up with Lord Heimdall's team, clearly now being a vizard when they tried to re-enter the kingdom of Atlas.

Also about the blood transfusion detail, it's parahumans who can be born with it, but I think just mentioning that your character went through super soldier procedure is enough to explain that their body got stronger and is able to hold that energy. Typically only around 25% of mundanes survive the super-soldier procedure, and even those who survive, they come out with mental trauma and physical scarring. It can be plausible to say you character's chances of survival increased thanks to the energy growing inside of them. So I wouldn't over complicate it I think the super-soldier procedure is perfectly reasonable alone.

Oh yeah, dont worry, it's not magic. It's definitely the cosmic from space lol. And yeah, I thought no one would notice but yeah, I'm taking inspiration from the comic iteration of Captain Marvel (not the female, in the comics the first Captain Marvel was a male). If you want it to be man-made, sure. I was thinking of Gail making a Light Speed Engine, and how they were able to gain this source of cosmic energy, would be how they are able to power the engine. Now the engine was a prototype and the cosmic energy-powered engine would allow humanity to travel through space at light speed and uncover more distance in the universe in just a short time. I didn't intend it to be a weapon of war (but if you have any ideas, I'm all open to it) it was more like the engine was being transported and powerful people heard of this cosmic engine and wanted it for themselves. So they would ambush the trip which was being carried in a plane, so when everyone but my character was down the only thing that came to his head was to destroy it, so when he did and it exploded, instead of vaporizing like everyone around and close to him, he absorbed it.

Yeah, the inhibitor was a way to keep him at a decent power level without being op but having room to grow.

And yes, he escaped before the start of the RP.

Okay, that makes sense, I wouldn't put it then.

I thought no one would notice
Considering I created an entirely new superhero world you better bet I am a huge superhero geek, I know far too much to an embarrassing point haha.

Now the engine was a prototype and the cosmic energy-powered engine would allow humanity to travel through space at light speed and uncover more distance in the universe
Okay so this was another thing I hoped to avoid actually, at least in the first few acts I want to keep things grounded to this world. If you happened to read the google doc (its not a requirement btw) you'd agree the world is already pretty complicated on its own, with stuff like the Black Grove, the Laws of Eterna, and Vizardom as a whole. While humanity here is technologically advanced, I would say their advancement is more horizontal than vertical, given they still live in a monarchy (forcefully due to Eterna) - so space travel was rarely an interest, I would equate space technology on this earth to that of our own.

Also just curious because of my geek brain, do you already have a costume idea for this proto captain marvel character? :P

Yeah I totally understand that, the world already has so much packed into it and I wouldn't want to overcomplicate it even more. Either way tho, the light speed engine wouldn't have worked because the cosmic energy they used was way too unstable to be properly used in an engine. I just wanted to apply it in his backstory to explain how he got his powers and the light speed engine he destroyed was the only one and frankly, the energy used was the last and first so yeah, they aren't going to be advancing in space travel technology anytime soon xd.

Actually....I dont, I haven't searched for a costume idea for him. I'm gonna need help with that ;-;

Kkushmar Kkushmar I'm interested in this as well. I got to take care of some stuff this weekend before I can write up a full character and try making an illustration, but my idea is this.

- Ex-street rat grew up as the kid of a notable Villain, evading the Enforcers and Heroes in the Undercity, and only knowing who her mother was by what little her father told her.
- She inherited a flawed mix of the power of her father (minor magnetism) and mother (static shocks), resulting in an ability to control electromagnetic energy (it's more complicated than a general control of it, but I'll expand on the power later).
- Just before she hit her teenage years, circumstances led to her father having to give his life to protect her, but resulted in her being captured by the Atlas Heroes and Enforcers.
- Now, she is bound by contract to serve Queen Perilla as a Hero, donning the hero name Dust Bunny (a term of endearment her father called her due to her static charge causing dust to be attracted and stick to her).
- Despite what would seem like the perfect environment and circumstances for her to turn out to hate Atlas or its elites, she tends to see the bad in everyone equally and tries not to judge them for it. Everyone has their issues they struggle with. She actually blames herself for the majority of how things turned out and is even thankful to Atlas' government that they are able to help keep her power in control.

Sorry I went quiet, it’s been a busy week. But hard confirm from me, I’m in.

So the short version is that I’m playing a rebellious steeet kid who can channel energy from an unknown source into others to enhance their abilities or powers and got caught.

The long version is that Felix lived in low places that didn’t garner much attention or care from Vizards and Heroes (probably that undercity that isn’t actually under anything) and discovered their channeling ability by chance during a game of (insert sport here. Basketball? Soccer? Fantasportsketball?) when they unintentionally boosted other players’ speed and strength.

Felix tried to ‘figure out’ their power and turn it back on themself but eventually relented and got a friend to agree to help them test their abilities. The friend was spotted, and taken in by the Vizards, believing that the boy was the one with power.

Felix then began using their power to indirectly cause trouble. Protests and riots suddenly saw the mystery emergence of ‘new’ empowered individuals the moment things turned violent. Individuals who, later, showed no evidence of power of any kind. The enforcers did correctly deduce that the power came from another person, but catching Felix in the act and identifying Them was a challenge. Actually catching Felix was comparatively easy, since he couldn’t direct his channeled energy into himself, and the clever trick of ramping someone’s perception to hypersensitivity tends to only work the one time.

In the labs of lord Heimdall, Felix’s ability was much more thoroughly investigated, and discoveries were made.
1: Felix’s energy boost can only apply to one person at a time and boost a single trait to superhuman levels.
2: There is no known time limit, but Felix can rescind his boost at any time, and the boost is only maintained while he is conscious.
3: It must be applied by touch but once the connection is established it does not have an apparent maximum range.
4: Felix cannot grant new metahuman abilities, but he can enhance any existing abilities or physical characteristics without altering the subject’s appearance.

However, there is much that they have yet to answer.

1: It is unclear why Felix cannot use his channeled energy.
2: Scientists are still in debate about whether the energy is actually channeled from elsewhere or if Felix is in fact the source.
3: How does Felix’s ability interact with other metahuman abilities?

Hey guys, since its a long weekend over here I am going to be a bit busy - I was hoping to post a sample CS for lord Heimdall but might not get the chance to do it over this weekend. If you want to start taking a look over the CS template, I added it to the bottom of the google doc.

If you want to start filling out the applications now, go ahead, but just keep it simple! We do not need to know about every detail of a character's life, thats what rping is for.
Actually....I dont, I haven't searched for a costume idea for him. I'm gonna need help with that ;-;
Don't worry about it, I have license for factoryofheroes.com I can whip up a character for you as long as you give me a decent description to work with.
Kkushmar Kkushmar I'm interested in this as well. I got to take care of some stuff this weekend before I can write up a full character and try making an illustration, but my idea is this.

- Ex-street rat grew up as the kid of a notable Villain, evading the Enforcers and Heroes in the Undercity, and only knowing who her mother was by what little her father told her.
- She inherited a flawed mix of the power of her father (minor magnetism) and mother (static shocks), resulting in an ability to control electromagnetic energy (it's more complicated than a general control of it, but I'll expand on the power later).
- Just before she hit her teenage years, circumstances led to her father having to give his life to protect her, but resulted in her being captured by the Atlas Heroes and Enforcers.
- Now, she is bound by contract to serve Queen Perilla as a Hero, donning the hero name Dust Bunny (a term of endearment her father called her due to her static charge causing dust to be attracted and stick to her).
- Despite what would seem like the perfect environment and circumstances for her to turn out to hate Atlas or its elites, she tends to see the bad in everyone equally and tries not to judge them for it. Everyone has their issues they struggle with. She actually blames herself for the majority of how things turned out and is even thankful to Atlas' government that they are able to help keep her power in control.
Extremely simple and effective idea, I like it.
Perhaps you want to bounce a few ideas about the villain father and his vizard name? is he a large scale villain that the monarch would have to be aware of or is it more of a small time crime thats left for the enforcers?
Sorry I went quiet, it’s been a busy week. But hard confirm from me, I’m in.

So the short version is that I’m playing a rebellious steeet kid who can channel energy from an unknown source into others to enhance their abilities or powers and got caught.

The long version is that Felix lived in low places that didn’t garner much attention or care from Vizards and Heroes (probably that undercity that isn’t actually under anything) and discovered their channeling ability by chance during a game of (insert sport here. Basketball? Soccer? Fantasportsketball?) when they unintentionally boosted other players’ speed and strength.

Felix tried to ‘figure out’ their power and turn it back on themself but eventually relented and got a friend to agree to help them test their abilities. The friend was spotted, and taken in by the Vizards, believing that the boy was the one with power.

Felix then began using their power to indirectly cause trouble. Protests and riots suddenly saw the mystery emergence of ‘new’ empowered individuals the moment things turned violent. Individuals who, later, showed no evidence of power of any kind. The enforcers did correctly deduce that the power came from another person, but catching Felix in the act and identifying Them was a challenge. Actually catching Felix was comparatively easy, since he couldn’t direct his channeled energy into himself, and the clever trick of ramping someone’s perception to hypersensitivity tends to only work the one time.

In the labs of lord Heimdall, Felix’s ability was much more thoroughly investigated, and discoveries were made.
1: Felix’s energy boost can only apply to one person at a time and boost a single trait to superhuman levels.
2: There is no known time limit, but Felix can rescind his boost at any time, and the boost is only maintained while he is conscious.
3: It must be applied by touch but once the connection is established it does not have an apparent maximum range.
4: Felix cannot grant new metahuman abilities, but he can enhance any existing abilities or physical characteristics without altering the subject’s appearance.

However, there is much that they have yet to answer.

1: It is unclear why Felix cannot use his channeled energy.
2: Scientists are still in debate about whether the energy is actually channeled from elsewhere or if Felix is in fact the source.
3: How does Felix’s ability interact with other metahuman abilities?
the "unknown source" bit I am a bit worried about, same thing as I asked of Xen6n Xen6n , to define the source of energy and fit it into this already defined setting. Give me as the GM something to work with so that I can throw challenges that make SENSE at your character.

I also want to understand - can your character make a mundane human faster? stronger? because the bit where you said "Felix cannot grant new metahuman abilities" would be conflicting with that concept. Unless you were talking about more metaphysical abilities like energy projection, etc.

I would also like to understand how would his power work lets say on a cyborg? Does he somehow increase computing power?

I have an idea in my head how to make the origin of your power in this world, but I want to hear your input about the above before I suggest it.

the "unknown source" bit I am a bit worried about, same thing as I asked of Xen6n Xen6n , to define the source of energy and fit it into this already defined setting. Give me as the GM something to work with so that I can throw challenges that make SENSE at your character.

I also want to understand - can your character make a mundane human faster? stronger? because the bit where you said "Felix cannot grant new metahuman abilities" would be conflicting with that concept. Unless you were talking about more metaphysical abilities like energy projection, etc.

I would also like to understand how would his power work lets say on a cyborg? Does he somehow increase computing power?

I have an idea in my head how to make the origin of your power in this world, but I want to hear your input about the above before I suggest it.
Right, so, I left the source as 'unknown' mainly because I neglected to read through the google doc until just now and didn't see a solid definition on Metaphysical abilities until just now under the 'Para-Human' section. So I figured letting you have some say in the specifics might be a good idea.

Second, the easiest way to put it is that Felix enhances what you already have, rather than granting you something new. If you can lift a hundred pounds, he can make you able to lift thousands. If you can move at eighteen miles an hour, he can make you move closer to two hundred. If you can shoot fire from your hands, he can most likely make it hotter, but I plan on letting the players decide how Felix's abilities interact with their own. Maybe the fire burns hot enough to melt steel now, or it refines from a loose flame into a concentrated heat ray. Again, makes the most sense to let the players (who know more about their character's powers than I would) figure out what a 'powered up' version looks like.

Third, Felix's power normally works on the living. It's not limited to humans/humanoids, but typically it has to be alive in order for him to boost it. Most normal devices/cybernetics wouldn't be boost-able, but if a device was designed to interface with Para-human powers, he might be able to provide it with energy or channel his power through it into someone (or something) else. And if it was designed with his abilities in mind, or possibly biomechanical in nature, he might be able to do something more direct.

Finally, pitch away. I'm pretty open to ideas, so let's see what you're thinking.

Time for random worldbuilding questions!
How standardizard are the synthetic costumes that monarch-recognised heroes are given? Do heroes get much say over their design or properties?
Are the identities of masked heroes completely unknown to the monarch and similar figures? Or are some people allowed to know, other than those the hero chooses specifically to tell? (I'd guess that Heimdal knows the real identities of our characters, from what you've said of the plot.) Is unmasking a public announcement, or is it just the monarch who finds out? How does this work with training, and the team a hero works with?
Also, would it make sense for my character to work with alchemy alongside their powers to augment things?

BTW guys! for illustrations, for all I care you can use sims 4 characters for your illustrations haha, I can probably cut them out of their background for you. Any illustration of any art style is good enough for me as long as it's not stolen artwork. In the roleplay posts I intend to include a character that stands next to your post which helps immersion and knowing if theyre in their costume or mundane appearance.
Right, so, I left the source as 'unknown' mainly because I neglected to read through the google doc until just now and didn't see a solid definition on Metaphysical abilities until just now under the 'Para-Human' section. So I figured letting you have some say in the specifics might be a good idea.

Second, the easiest way to put it is that Felix enhances what you already have, rather than granting you something new. If you can lift a hundred pounds, he can make you able to lift thousands. If you can move at eighteen miles an hour, he can make you move closer to two hundred. If you can shoot fire from your hands, he can most likely make it hotter, but I plan on letting the players decide how Felix's abilities interact with their own. Maybe the fire burns hot enough to melt steel now, or it refines from a loose flame into a concentrated heat ray. Again, makes the most sense to let the players (who know more about their character's powers than I would) figure out what a 'powered up' version looks like.

Third, Felix's power normally works on the living. It's not limited to humans/humanoids, but typically it has to be alive in order for him to boost it. Most normal devices/cybernetics wouldn't be boost-able, but if a device was designed to interface with Para-human powers, he might be able to provide it with energy or channel his power through it into someone (or something) else. And if it was designed with his abilities in mind, or possibly biomechanical in nature, he might be able to do something more direct.

Finally, pitch away. I'm pretty open to ideas, so let's see what you're thinking.
I was thinking that your character is able to control a nano-tech type of technology, unknowingly that its what it is, that can give these temporary enhancements even to mechanical type characters - and explains why they can only use it on one at a time due to limited nanos. You can shroud it in mystery for the character themself, trying to understand their own powers. This could have been given to them by their parents or a different mentor in secret - something along the lines. It would have the appearance of energy to others, but microscopically its technology. This is a very rough description of the idea hope it makes some sense.

How standardizard are the synthetic costumes that monarch-recognised heroes are given? Do heroes get much say over their design or properties?
As the roleplayer, you can choose how the costume looks, just try your best to have it look like the traditional spandex superhero type haha. As the character, most of the time the costume is almost decided for them if they weren't heroing (vigilantes) before the contract, but as a noble I would say your character has a good say over it.
Are the identities of masked heroes completely unknown to the monarch and similar figures? Or are some people allowed to know, other than those the hero chooses specifically to tell? (I'd guess that Heimdal knows the real identities of our characters, from what you've said of the plot.)
So the google doc has a thing called the 'eternal affliction' which basically means that as long as the laws of eterna protect your character, those of royal descent WILL forget your identity even if they learn it. Lord Heimdall is an exception, because he's not actually of royal descent - I will go more into it on his CS.
Anyone not of royal descent can know, so your character IS able to tell them. This is a bit of a tricky concept because it has to rely on a mask, so if your character tells another royal they have powers, that doesn't count - its the secret identity thats protected.
Is unmasking a public announcement, or is it just the monarch who finds out? How does this work with training, and the team a hero works with?
Yes it is, and also subjects the unmasked to kin punishment - so getting unmasked is a pretty big deal.
But as explained above, only royal descent have this issue, as Heimdall's team you can all learn eachother's identities if you choose to, but Lord Heimdall is not going to introduce you to one another as your mundane identities, while in his training halls, you will be masked.
Also, would it make sense for my character to work with alchemy alongside their powers to augment things?
Hmm I don't see why not, but I guess I would need more specific examples. Generally alchemy can create some elemental effects for combat, not entirely sure how you would use it for a plant manipulator. Feel free to elaborate if this is a direction you wanna go in :)

Hmm I don't see why not, but I guess I would need more specific examples. Generally alchemy can create some elemental effects for combat, not entirely sure how you would use it for a plant manipulator. Feel free to elaborate if this is a direction you wanna go in :)
It's as much for out-of-combat utility as for combat, since preparation might take time, but I was thinking about the more chemical applications of plants - creating poisons, medicine, acid, etc - and whether that would link in well with alchemy.

It's as much for out-of-combat utility as for combat, since preparation might take time, but I was thinking about the more chemical applications of plants - creating poisons, medicine, acid, etc - and whether that would link in well with alchemy.
Totally! I love that idea.

Don't worry about it, I have license for factoryofheroes.com I can whip up a character for you as long as you give me a decent description to work with.
Sure, i would appreciate that. My idea was for my character to have a muscular/athletic build but not too muscular. I wanted them to have a suit similar to this (below image but without the helmet) but red, blue and some golden lining. He would have black hair and green eyes.
sub-buzz-11956-1552508189-9.jpg

Kkushmar Kkushmar What did you mean by "emphasized skills" in the Ability Source section of the CS application? Is it supposed to be skills they have besides their primary power or something?

Regarding Dust Bunny's father, I don't know whether the monarch would personally be aware of him or not. He used to be a small time hero for Atlas, but was jaded and felt like he was nothing but a pawn. So when his daughter was born he decided that he would try to give he a life of freedom where she could chose how she wanted to live it. Unfortunately, her power first manifest at birth. Between nearly losing his wife and talks of his daughter getting the fast track to become a hero for Atlas, he couldn't take it anymore and fled the hospital with his baby and injured wife. It took things a while before they escalated, but eventually he resorted to petty crime to provide for his family. Eventually his wife died and he escalated further to using enhancement drugs to power himself up to to be able to compete with the more powerful heroes. At first, he would have only been a very minor concern, really only committing small crimes, and his magnetism power would have been no where near as powerful as Magneto of someone like that. As time went on, though, his use of enhancement drugs would have made his a quite powerful, and he was committing larger crimes (like robbing banks and destroying government buildings) to satisfy his addictions, desperation, and hatred.

I'm open to suggestions for his vizard name.

ALSO BTW! for all I care you can use sims 4 characters for your illustrations haha, I can probably cut them out of their background for you. Any illustration of any art style is good enough for me as long as it's not stolen artwork.
What did you mean by "emphasized skills" in the Ability Source section of the CS application? Is it supposed to be skills they have besides their primary power or something?
Pretty much. The idea is that point out something they're really good at, for example anyone can use firearms, but only some can use it well. Any one can throw a punch, but only some are masters at hand to hand combat. Just include the stuff that they have a high skill at.

(like robbing banks and destroying government buildings)
While banks can be private corporations, government buildings would fall under noble houses and would for sure get the attention of the monarch. That being said as long as he didnt kill anyone, he would not be unmasked and your oc's identity would have been kept away from the monarchy.
I'd love to know a bit more on alchemy, then - what processes are used, what sort of things you can create with it, etc?
I do not have a defined concept for alchemy, its more so used as a term for a metaphysical "alternative" scientific art of manipulating and altering matter by using natural energy. You can create new elements, elixirs that can do things on a more mystical scale like temporary power enhancements, voice changing, or even appearance changing. Its a combination of formulas with many lost in time. Instead of having scrolls with spells of magic, there are scrolls with alchemical formulas.

One thing I can say, is that alchemy is highly dangerous to experiment with, and will most of the time end with tragedy - therefore it comes down to available and proven formulas that the practitioner has available.

Sorry for delayed responses everyone, busy long weekend for me with the family.

Kkushmar Kkushmar Here's what I've written up so far for Dust Bunny's power. Sorry it's taking me a while to finish the application. I'm just trying to be very explicit for the powers and skills section. Obviously, this doesn't include the sub-abilities (like being able to use magnetism to pull a small object like a gun out of someone's hand). Just let me know what you think of what I currently have.

CORE ABILITIES:

Charge (Passive):
Ashley passively absorbs small amounts of electromagnetic energy from her immediate environment. This is constant and indiscriminate, meaning Ashley has zero control over when it’s happening and from what she draws energy from. It just happens. It’s not enough to severely impact things that rely on this energy; you might just have to charge your phone a day earlier than normal.

For every day (IC) Ashley spends in an environment with abundant electromagnetic energy (such as an urban environment), she increases the number of Charge Counters she has by 1 at the end of the day. There is no maximum to the number of Charge Counters Ashley may accumulate, but every Charge Counter over Ashley’s Control Lvl. negatively affects her.
  • 1 Charge Counter over = Skills are more difficult to perform
  • 3 Charge Counters over = Abilities are more difficult to perform
  • 5 Charge Counters over = Ashley cannot actively defend attacks
  • 7 Charge Counters over = Ashley is wounded until she Discharges
  • 9 Charge Counters over = Ashley is incapacitated until she Discharges
  • 11 Charge Counters over = Ashley implodes, destroying everything in an area, including herself, proportional to the total number of Charge Counters she has, unless she is immediately Discharged.
Discharge (Active): Either as an attack, a defense, or a way to avoid the side effects of her accumulating too much charge, Ashley can release all the energy she currently has back into the environment all at once. Normally Ashley must consciously activate this, but the Enforcers also have a device that, if they touch her with it, can force her to Discharge into it instead of the environment against her will.

When Ashley Discharges, she expends her total amount of Charge Counters and explodes hitting everything around her in the nearby area dealing magnetic and electrical damage, proportional to the total amount of Charge Counters she expended, equally divided between every target hit. The explosion targets anyone and everything in the area except her, to include allies. If a target of the explosion is touching Ashley when she Discharges, they can volunteer to take all the damage to themselves to prevent damage to any other targets of the explosion.

Control Lvl. 5 (Passive): Without control, Ashley would constantly be in a state of charging and discharging, likely resulting in constant damage to objects around her made of magnetic metals or that have electrical circuits/components.

For every level of Control Ashley has, the maximum number of Charge Counters she can have without suffering side effects goes up by 1. Effectively, this increases the number of days she can go without needing to Discharge, as well as unlocking new or improved ways to use her power.

Kkushmar Kkushmar Here's what I've written up so far for Dust Bunny's power. Sorry it's taking me a while to finish the application. I'm just trying to be very explicit for the powers and skills section. Obviously, this doesn't include the sub-abilities (like being able to use magnetism to pull a small object like a gun out of someone's hand). Just let me know what you think of what I currently have.

CORE ABILITIES:

Charge (Passive):
Ashley passively absorbs small amounts of electromagnetic energy from her immediate environment. This is constant and indiscriminate, meaning Ashley has zero control over when it’s happening and from what she draws energy from. It just happens. It’s not enough to severely impact things that rely on this energy; you might just have to charge your phone a day earlier than normal.

For every day (IC) Ashley spends in an environment with abundant electromagnetic energy (such as an urban environment), she increases the number of Charge Counters she has by 1 at the end of the day. There is no maximum to the number of Charge Counters Ashley may accumulate, but every Charge Counter over Ashley’s Control Lvl. negatively affects her.
  • 1 Charge Counter over = Skills are more difficult to perform
  • 3 Charge Counters over = Abilities are more difficult to perform
  • 5 Charge Counters over = Ashley cannot actively defend attacks
  • 7 Charge Counters over = Ashley is wounded until she Discharges
  • 9 Charge Counters over = Ashley is incapacitated until she Discharges
  • 11 Charge Counters over = Ashley implodes, destroying everything in an area, including herself, proportional to the total number of Charge Counters she has, unless she is immediately Discharged.
Discharge (Active): Either as an attack, a defense, or a way to avoid the side effects of her accumulating too much charge, Ashley can release all the energy she currently has back into the environment all at once. Normally Ashley must consciously activate this, but the Enforcers also have a device that, if they touch her with it, can force her to Discharge into it instead of the environment against her will.

When Ashley Discharges, she expends her total amount of Charge Counters and explodes hitting everything around her in the nearby area dealing magnetic and electrical damage, proportional to the total amount of Charge Counters she expended, equally divided between every target hit. The explosion targets anyone and everything in the area except her, to include allies. If a target of the explosion is touching Ashley when she Discharges, they can volunteer to take all the damage to themselves to prevent damage to any other targets of the explosion.

Control Lvl. 5 (Passive): Without control, Ashley would constantly be in a state of charging and discharging, likely resulting in constant damage to objects around her made of magnetic metals or that have electrical circuits/components.

For every level of Control Ashley has, the maximum number of Charge Counters she can have without suffering side effects goes up by 1. Effectively, this increases the number of days she can go without needing to Discharge, as well as unlocking new or improved ways to use her power.
This is honestly better laid out than I expected for you guys to do, so I extremely appreciate the level this explains the power to me - will make it very easy for me to guide your character mechanics wise.

Also there is no rush, I too have been a little busy because I went away with family, back today so will continue adding stuff to the google doc.

Also I created a discord, feel free to communicate with me there, I can better help with character creation:

We will dump the characters into here:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back