• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Vizardom: Original Superhero world, visual comic experience, interest check.

Kkushmar

This post has a good summary of the RP idea, but if you want to go in even deeper, I prepared a google doc. The google doc is in no way a requirement, but it will help with understanding some concepts better. That being said, reading the below concept summary should be enough.
Link: Vizardom
This world is a little different from what you would be used to for superhero themes - regardless, it should be a fun comic experience. As you can see from the logo, I have quite a lot of art handy to me (I use these for Mutants and Masterminds campaigns). I want every player to have original character art for their masked (vizard) and unmasked (mundane) appearance. If you like to draw characters this is a perfect opportunity for you, but if you can't draw or know where you can create a character (since there are plenty of character creation programs out there) I will create one for you! So don't let that discourage you. The idea is that we have character illustrations to depict a visual novel type of roleplay - which I believe is important for this theme of story experience.

C O N C E P T
A future-fantasy world with airships, gadgets, high-tech weaponry, advanced biology and alchemy. This world is filled with humans who are gifted with advanced evolutionary traits that can give them various powers and sometimes make them look less human. It is a world of masked heroes and villains in flashy costumes known as vizards, a world of kings and queens that rule kingdoms, and a world of dark mystical forces like the Black Grove which threatens humanity's hold on this planet.

A monolith at the heart of the world releases a sort of signal that controls all human life on earth to a degree, preventing humanity from breaking a set of rules established around monarchs and vizards. Such roles protect the core foundation of vizardom, the right to don a mask and a new identity, and the right to maintain that identity under a monarchy; given they are not a proven threat to humanity. Those rules are called the Law of Eterna, with its origin shrouded in mystery; which could be uncovered through roleplay.

Vizards come in all shapes and colors, some are born with unique powers and/or distinguishing physical traits, and some gain them through voluntary or involuntary augmentation. Some vizards are seemingly mundane (a normal human without special abilities or skills) who are able to keep up with other vizards solely on the merit of their skills and equipment. Regardless of their origin, most vizards lead a double life due to having people in their life, and wearing a mask while fighting or committing crimes helps protect those people; generally a vizard not wearing a mask would be a symbol of having nothing left to protect and the inability to hide from a monarchy.

All vizards wear a unique costume that is original to them, but under the monarchy the uniform quality between all heroic vizards is that their costumes are made of a synthetic material that nestles and molds itself perfectly into and around every crevice and muscle on one's body. The synthetic material is a property that many find uncomfortable and comparable to being naked, though some respond to it by adding another article of clothing on top like belts and jackets, while other take it as an opportunity to display their might and size. That is just another example alongside serfdom that displays how the monarchy views the bodies of its subjects not as their own.

Under the laws of Eterna, monarchs are able to write a binding contract with a vizard in the name of Eterna. If a contract in the name of Eterna is breached by the monarch, they will be stripped of their royal status, but if breached by a vizard, Eterna's protection is stripped from them; which allows the monarch to unmask them. This is a property of Eterna that some monarchs use to control their vizard population, elevating the status of hero to that of knighthood and binding the contract in the name of protecting the monarch and all its subjects. Vizards that operate heroically without a contract are labeled vigilantes, and vizards that commit crimes are labelled villains, both of which are pursued by the enforcers and imprisoned when caught. Villains that are proven a threat to humanity are no longer protected by Eterna, which allows a monarch to unmask them, and subject them to kin punishment (practice of punishing the family members of someone accused of a crime).

While heroes are viewed as "good" and villains are viewed as "bad" by the general public, not all heroes are necessarily "good" and not all villains are necessarily "bad".

This roleplay will focus on a group of elusives (unmasked vizards who refrain from using their abilities in the open and pretend to be mundane) who are found out by Lord Heimdall, an ex-hero who was granted the status of lord by the queen due to his continuous contribution of bringing forward new contracted heroes to her feet. Originally focused on tracking down the real identities of vigilantes and striking a deal to protect them and their families given they agree to bind a contract with the queen, Lord Heimdall began tracking down those who stay neutral to force them into a life of masked herohood. This is a loophole the queen abuses to get around the laws of Eterna, and the lines of what the queen can and cannot do begin to get blurred, forcing a small spark of resistance to ignite.

It is a convoluted storyline around the politics of vizards and how our characters will deal with the challenges that it presents. I have the first act fully planned out, but I will only reveal the next details through roleplay.

I am looking for 3 to 4 dedicated players.

Since this roleplay will yield some adult themes, I require anyone participating to be 18+. There might be some adult themes like sexual abuse, gruesome deaths, and strong language revolving some of the npcs that your character will encounter, however your character in no way will directly participate in those occurrences. Think of the level of adult content in DC comic books, basically.

This roleplay will operate in acts And the cast will switch around between those acts. As adults we get busy sometimes, so I plan to lead this roleplay in acts that allows players to step out when they need to. For example, your character will be present for act 1, and you can step out from act 2, but come back for act 3. The primary group can switch around similarly to large scale dnd campaigns. Right now I am only looking for 3 to 4 players, but will open up for more to join after act 1 is complete.

If you are interested, post a short sentence describing the character that you would play. All characters should be 17+. Below are a few ideas to help with your brainstorming.
  • A street rat in the undercity who used their power without wearing a mask, caught by the enforcers and brought to train under Lord Heimdal. You can come up with the background and how it lead to these events. This character dislikes the rich and those in power and definitely dislikes the idea of working for the queen.
  • A character who dons a Masked identity even though they don't have any powers. They have been fighting the enforcers to protect the citizen's freedoms, and lead a double life until one unfaithful day when they have not been careful enough, their unmasked identity was found out by the Enforcers, and this character was captured and brought to Lord Heimdall. You can come up with the background and how it lead to these events.
  • A noble with or without powers who volunteered to join Lord Heimdal's group. This character grew up in privilege and is under the patriotic illusion that he should become a honored hero to protect the monarchy. Typically does not get along with the above types.
The story of your OCs in this world will focus on shared character development and slowly expand on the world and its rules.

Last edited:
Ooooh this is VERY interesting. And since I've played Mutants and Masterminds before, I'm kind of itching to bring back a character I used in one particular campaign in their original form...

To give you a base idea of the concept, their main power was a huge 'Enhance Ability' Array that let them bump any base stat by 10. And had the 'affects only others' tag. Basically, they couldn't use their powers on their own, but they could grab someone, pick a trait, and blast it WELL into superhuman levels. Might fit well for the 'maskless street rat'.

Ooooh this is VERY interesting. And since I've played Mutants and Masterminds before, I'm kind of itching to bring back a character I used in one particular campaign in their original form...

To give you a base idea of the concept, their main power was a huge 'Enhance Ability' Array that let them bump any base stat by 10. And had the 'affects only others' tag. Basically, they couldn't use their powers on their own, but they could grab someone, pick a trait, and blast it WELL into superhuman levels. Might fit well for the 'maskless street rat'.
A character with powers that can enhance others can be pretty cool as the part support for the whole group. Just keep in mind this is not going to be a mutants and masterminds campaign so there wouldn't be any dice rolls or stat heavy mechanics. I might integrate some number based attributes for the characters but the focus would be on roleplaying.

Right, of course. Just kind of previewing the base concept so you can get an idea of what I'd be bringing. Definitely an unorthodox power setup, but it's interesting to play with. Especially if you extend their power into the potential to directly enhance others' super abilities. Still, mark me down as interested, to say the least.

This sounds awesome! I'm definitely interested! I have a couple questions though, and I'm still brainstorming my character concept a bit (but I'll definitely be following the unpowered enforcer-terrorizer concept).

What are your expectations for post length and frequency? In this world, what would you consider a power of average strength for superhumans? (And if you don't mind, could you give an example of an ability on each end, low and high, of the scale?)

I love this world concept too much to pass it up!

Is it alright if we use a different concept than the ones you specified? If so, then I have a question; How does this society treat Masked individuals who cannot maintain secret identities due to a nonhuman feature that they can't hide?

I love this world concept too much to pass it up!

Is it alright if we use a different concept than the ones you specified? If so, then I have a question; How does this society treat Masked individuals who cannot maintain secret identities due to a nonhuman feature that they can't hide?
It is alright to come up with a new concept as long as it ends with the character joining Heimdall's team either by choice or not, since at least the first act will focus on all the characters forced to work together.
I like the second question because it made me realize I should probably add a block about the subspecies in this world in the main post. There are other less human species in the world with physically distinguishing characteristics (like the people of Nephrin, who have gills on their necks and live in an underwater city), but for the most part you wouldn't find any of them in Atlas, unless they are hiding in the undercity. Aside from those, there are also humans who are mutants, cyborgs, or have some other physically apparent augmentation. Those things can make it very hard for these characters to maintain a secret identity, and sometimes even nigh impossible. Regardless, if their disfigurement is coupled with powers, they are still considered Masked, otherwise, they would still fall under the Mundane blanket. In the undercity you would find a lot of freaks of nature and social outcasts, and the monarchs let them be, but the nobles do seem to mistreat them still, unless they are recognized guardians.
What this would mean for your character, however, is that they would not be able to pretend to be Mundane, and therefore will be pursued by enforcers once its discovered you can be useful for the queen. Her goal, in the end of it, is to have the largest guardian population in the world.
This sounds awesome! I'm definitely interested! I have a couple questions though, and I'm still brainstorming my character concept a bit (but I'll definitely be following the unpowered enforcer-terrorizer concept).

What are your expectations for post length and frequency? In this world, what would you consider a power of average strength for superhumans? (And if you don't mind, could you give an example of an ability on each end, low and high, of the scale?)
At least once a week. Length can vary depending on the situation, but would definitely want to avoid one liners. I would like writers to include the events of the post before them and how their character responds to it for more fluid process.
I know you didn't ask this but I want to mention it anyway - as adults we get busy sometimes, so I plan to lead this roleplay in acts that allows players to step out when they need to. For example, your character will be present for act 1, and you can step out from act 2, but come back for act 3. The primary group can switch around similarly to large scale dnd campaigns. Right now I am only looking for 3 to 4 players, but will open up for more to join after act 1 is complete.

For your power question. Superhuman is an umbrella term that can include different scales that are hard to compare. So I will list the different scales below.
Peak-Human
Seemingly mundane humans who are able to hold their own against the other superhuman population on the merit of their skills alone.
Weakest could be a hacker who can exploit system oversights to their advantage against those who got in their way, given a network is available. Exploitable technology is present almost in all scenarios of this roleplay, but a hacker may find themselves vulnerable against direct attacks.​
Average could be a character that is devoted to expertise in a particular type of weapon. It can be an archaic weapon like a sword or bow, modern firearms, or even futuristic energy weapons. Even archaic weapons are often enhanced with modern technology or alchemy, giving them special capabilities​
Strongest could be a character wielding a powered armor, to provide powers including Protection, Super-Strength, and Flight. This character is likely either the inventor of the armor, or at least someone technically capable enough to maintain and repair it, and perhaps even improve upon it.​
Post-Human
Mundane humans who underwent voluntary augmentation to enhance their abilities. Unique physical characteristics are prominent to these type of humans, even super soldiers have a large scar on their body that is easily identifiable.
Weakest could be an individual who replaced their own eyes with synthetic eyes that allow them to scan their surrounding and connect them to the network in real time.​
Average could be a character that becomes a super soldier, a process that is fraught with needles, pain, and morally questionable medical procedures. As a result they come out with some mental trauma, assuming they survive the process. This character yields enhanced strength, durability, stamina and agility, as well as a near-regenerative factor.​
Strongest could be a Hulk like character that has permanently transformed into a large beast with immense strength and durability, an ability that manifested from being exposed to large amount of radiation or even a result of alchemy gone wrong.​

Para-Human
Humans who are either born with powers through inheritance, or manifested them at a later age due to mysterious circumstances. Unlike post-humans, these humans yield powers without having any physical characteristics that separate them from the Mundane.
Weakest could be an empath who can sense the emotions of others, or may even have a degree of ability to manipulate said emotions.​
Average could be a shapeshifter that can transform into a bear or other ferocious animal.​
Strongest could be a character whos primary power comes from their ability to project some form of energy blast at a long range. Such energy blasts may take many forms, such as radiation, fire, ice, gas or similar. Alternatively, a projector can even have the ability to extract energy from outer sources.​

Part-Human
This is a power characteristics that is derived from where the character is born. If you choose this, since we start in Atlas, you'd have to be hiding in the undercity. Humans have subspecies with physical characteristics that are usually easily recognizable. Part-Humans can also be any of the above as well.
Right, of course. Just kind of previewing the base concept so you can get an idea of what I'd be bringing. Definitely an unorthodox power setup, but it's interesting to play with. Especially if you extend their power into the potential to directly enhance others' super abilities. Still, mark me down as interested, to say the least.
I do like the idea, just wonder how would it work lore wise, since abilities can range from biological, technological to metaphysical.

If you don't mind more questions, I've got some.

What are the naming conventions of Atlas?
Is there anything else to know about the undercity?
What is the age range you expect for the characters?
Is alchemy the only magic form? If not, how else is magic accessed? Are there any beings that naturally use it or are influenced by it?

If you don't mind more questions, I've got some.

Is alchemy the only magic form? If not, how else is magic accessed? Are there any beings that naturally use it or are influenced by it?
Don't mind at all! ask as many questions as you'd like. I have a lot of physical notes from the original campaign this was used for which I plan to upload to a google doc once I know theres genuine interest for this. If the answer is not on there your questions raise a good opportunity to sort it out haha.

Atlas is very roughly inspired by Norwegian culture, with nobles using names similar to those from Norse mythology (with the exception of Queen Perilla who is named after a mythological herb). However people from other countries can end up in the undercity of Atlas as well. I'll be honest I am not going to be too pressed over the name of your character, but I will give you a few examples if it helps!

Female name examples: Amber, Caecillia, Edith, Emma, Esther, Genifer, Janna, Klara, Lillian, Metella, Selma, Sommer, Torhild
Male name examples: Angar, Bendik, Elias, Endre, Frode, Julian, Ken, Kristian, Peder, Raymond, Steinar, Sven, Thomas
These are just some examples of stuff we used.

Despite its name, the undercity isn't actually under the city, it was build on a crater that does place it far below height wise, but they are still able to see the sky - some of it anyway considering the undercity is where all the factories are placed, and smoke usually fills the air. This plays a strong advantage for those trying to hide there as visibility is nearly entirely fogged, and most of the time enforcers are only able to see the silhouettes of those they are pursuing. In such a place of course, crime-lords find running their operations to be easier, and it is the gang leaders that rule those streets. In the undercity, poverty reigns, and many find themselves aiding the crime lords just to be able to feed their families. Here is where you would almost always find mutants and other freaks of nature crawling around, and rarely would you see a Guardian visit these streets - but when they do, they pay no regard to the property they destroy on their venture, creating quite a resentment toward the regime from those who live down there.

17+. Though most of the characters I am going to play are going to be in their late 20's or their 30's. Queen Perilla is 31, and Lord Heimdall is 37.

Alchemy is the only form of "magic" that ANY human can practice. We wont use the term magic here, but there are mystical forces such as the Black Grove that plague the planet. In the first act we will probably not explore those elements at all aside from alchemy. Even still, alchemy here is considered a form of advanced science, and it is how the super-soldier serum was created.

Thanks so much for answering my questions.
Unforunately, I'm less sure of a character idea now, so I guess I've got some thinking to do, and if I can't come up with something, then I'm probably going to lurk on this roleplay even if I don't participate. It's a really awesome idea.

Thanks so much for answering my questions.
Unforunately, I'm less sure of a character idea now, so I guess I've got some thinking to do, and if I can't come up with something, then I'm probably going to lurk on this roleplay even if I don't participate. It's a really awesome idea.
No worries at all! If you're not sure I am totally down to toss ideas with you, since this is what I enjoy doing :)
If you want you can share your rough idea as well even if its not entirely formulated.

No worries at all! If you're not sure I am totally down to toss ideas with you, since this is what I enjoy doing :)
If you want you can share your rough idea as well even if its not entirely formulated.
I might take you up on the offer, but I'm still not sure. I'm hosting a currently active rp, and I just realized I might not be able to do both reliably. I'm still interested in this rp, but I just don't know if I can maintain things well enough.

It is alright to come up with a new concept as long as it ends with the character joining Heimdall's team either by choice or not, since at least the first act will focus on all the characters forced to work together.
I like the second question because it made me realize I should probably add a block about the subspecies in this world in the main post. There are other less human species in the world with physically distinguishing characteristics (like the people of Nephrin, who have gills on their necks and live in an underwater city), but for the most part you wouldn't find any of them in Atlas, unless they are hiding in the undercity. Aside from those, there are also humans who are mutants, cyborgs, or have some other physically apparent augmentation. Those things can make it very hard for these characters to maintain a secret identity, and sometimes even nigh impossible. Regardless, if their disfigurement is coupled with powers, they are still considered Masked, otherwise, they would still fall under the Mundane blanket. In the undercity you would find a lot of freaks of nature and social outcasts, and the monarchs let them be, but the nobles do seem to mistreat them still, unless they are recognized guardians.
What this would mean for your character, however, is that they would not be able to pretend to be Mundane, and therefore will be pursued by enforcers once its discovered you can be useful for the queen. Her goal, in the end of it, is to have the largest guardian population in the world.

At least once a week. Length can vary depending on the situation, but would definitely want to avoid one liners. I would like writers to include the events of the post before them and how their character responds to it for more fluid process.
I know you didn't ask this but I want to mention it anyway - as adults we get busy sometimes, so I plan to lead this roleplay in acts that allows players to step out when they need to. For example, your character will be present for act 1, and you can step out from act 2, but come back for act 3. The primary group can switch around similarly to large scale dnd campaigns. Right now I am only looking for 3 to 4 players, but will open up for more to join after act 1 is complete.

For your power question. Superhuman is an umbrella term that can include different scales that are hard to compare. So I will list the different scales below.
Peak-Human
Seemingly mundane humans who are able to hold their own against the other superhuman population on the merit of their skills alone.
Weakest could be a hacker who can exploit system oversights to their advantage against those who got in their way, given a network is available. Exploitable technology is present almost in all scenarios of this roleplay, but a hacker may find themselves vulnerable against direct attacks.​
Average could be a character that is devoted to expertise in a particular type of weapon. It can be an archaic weapon like a sword or bow, modern firearms, or even futuristic energy weapons. Even archaic weapons are often enhanced with modern technology or alchemy, giving them special capabilities​
Strongest could be a character wielding a powered armor, to provide powers including Protection, Super-Strength, and Flight. This character is likely either the inventor of the armor, or at least someone technically capable enough to maintain and repair it, and perhaps even improve upon it.​
Post-Human
Mundane humans who underwent voluntary augmentation to enhance their abilities. Unique physical characteristics are prominent to these type of humans, even super soldiers have a large scar on their body that is easily identifiable.
Weakest could be an individual who replaced their own eyes with synthetic eyes that allow them to scan their surrounding and connect them to the network in real time.​
Average could be a character that becomes a super soldier, a process that is fraught with needles, pain, and morally questionable medical procedures. As a result they come out with some mental trauma, assuming they survive the process. This character yields enhanced strength, durability, stamina and agility, as well as a near-regenerative factor.​
Strongest could be a Hulk like character that has permanently transformed into a large beast with immense strength and durability, an ability that manifested from being exposed to large amount of radiation or even a result of alchemy gone wrong.​

Para-Human
Humans who are either born with powers through inheritance, or manifested them at a later age due to mysterious circumstances. Unlike post-humans, these humans yield powers without having any physical characteristics that separate them from the Mundane.
Weakest could be an empath who can sense the emotions of others, or may even have a degree of ability to manipulate said emotions.​
Average could be a shapeshifter that can transform into a bear or other ferocious animal.​
Strongest could be a character whos primary power comes from their ability to project some form of energy blast at a long range. Such energy blasts may take many forms, such as radiation, fire, ice, gas or similar. Alternatively, a projector can even have the ability to extract energy from outer sources.​

Part-Human
This is a power characteristics that is derived from where the character is born. If you choose this, since we start in Atlas, you'd have to be hiding in the undercity. Humans have subspecies with physical characteristics that are usually easily recognizable. Part-Humans can also be any of the above as well.

I do like the idea, just wonder how would it work lore wise, since abilities can range from biological, technological to metaphysical.
Thanks for all the answers! They were really helpful for brainstorming! I'll probably DM you a character concept later tonight.

I’m interested!

My idea was for a sort of mage character, inspired by Norse mythology and suchlike. His powers would be more subtle, things like tracking or slight weather control, dream walking, consulting with the spirits of inanimate objects. That sort of thing.

I was thinking he may have grown up near the edge of civilization, and only recently came to the city.

This is a very cool concept, and as an artist I'm absolutely on board with the comic style.
How would a character with plant-based powers function with the existence of the Black Grove - would it be a boost or a drawback?

Hi!!

I'm interested joining after Act 1. Oh but I've never played Mutants and Masterminds if that's a thing.

EDIT: lol me

Last edited:
I’m interested!

My idea was for a sort of mage character, inspired by Norse mythology and suchlike. His powers would be more subtle, things like tracking or slight weather control, dream walking, consulting with the spirits of inanimate objects. That sort of thing.

I was thinking he may have grown up near the edge of civilization, and only recently came to the city.
Might not fit well due to how "magic" works in this universe. Here, the term magic is used to describe parlor tricks and optical illusions, as any other more mystical form of it cannot be practiced by humans directly. Only form of "magic" a character would be able to practice here is alchemy, as a form of practicing it indirectly. The ideas you listed aren't entirely impossible tho if we flavor it differently.
This is a very cool concept, and as an artist I'm absolutely on board with the comic style.
How would a character with plant-based powers function with the existence of the Black Grove - would it be a boost or a drawback?
Honestly that could be an extremely interesting character to play due to the black grove. For start, not all plants are controlled by it, its presence is limited to the areas its in, which is far from Atlas. However, if your character would end up interacting with the Black Grove, I can see it trying to corrupt your character, trying to recruit them to become the Black Grove's human champion or something. And your character could play an integral factor in being able to push the Black Grove back. It could be both a boost and a drawback depending on how you plan to respond to it.
Hi!!

I'm interested joining after Act 1. Oh but I've never played Mutants and Masterminds if that's a thing.

EDIT: lol me
There's no need to know Mutants and Masterminds, we are not going to play that system, I just pointed out the source material for the story concept. This would be a classic roleplay post by post.

Might not fit well due to how "magic" works in this universe. Here, the term magic is used to describe parlor tricks and optical illusions, as any other more mystical form of it cannot be practiced by humans directly. Only form of "magic" a character would be able to practice here is alchemy, as a form of practicing it indirectly. The ideas you listed aren't entirely impossible tho if we flavor it differently.
What are your thoughts?

Maybe I’ll try something else.

Maybe some sort of telekinetic street kid? Grew up using his powers to evade detection and make money, but ended up crossing the wrong guard and got captured?

Hey guys, please check out the google doc for more info, I worked hard to set it up like a wiki with links to sections that you might want to know more information about.

What are your thoughts?

Maybe I’ll try something else.

Maybe some sort of telekinetic street kid? Grew up using his powers to evade detection and make money, but ended up crossing the wrong guard and got captured?
Yeah that idea totally works. You are pretty free to come up with the idea as long as it fits, and I definitely see telekinesis being a cool direction.
Would your character appear entirely human or do they have some distinguishing quality? Is the telekinetic inherit or is it from maybe a piece of technology they augmented into their body?
Being a street kid using their powers to make money has a lot of room to explore so its a fun idea as well, especially if you consider them doing off-the-book jobs for a gang in the undercity, which will let your character be the center point in the roleplay to explore those.

Yeah that idea totally works. You are pretty free to come up with the idea as long as it fits, and I definitely see telekinesis being a cool direction.
Would your character appear entirely human or do they have some distinguishing quality? Is the telekinetic inherit or is it from maybe a piece of technology they augmented into their body?
Being a street kid using their powers to make money has a lot of room to explore so its a fun idea as well, especially if you consider them doing off-the-book jobs for a gang in the undercity, which will let your character be the center point in the roleplay to explore those.
I’m thinking he looks pretty normal, but after he exerts his power to do something his human body isn’t strong enough to do (like lifting a person) he gains these temporary grooves on his face and body. Sort of like Titan Shifter markings from Attack on Titan.

They’re basically his power pressing against his body, like how you can see a magnetic field when you scatter iron dust inside it. The deeper the grooves, the harder he’s working.

He hasn’t ever really pushed it to its limits, but if he overuses his power then the pressure may actually cut his skin and leave permanent scarring.

Him being a part-time gang assistant (so to speak) is actually a really cool idea! I’d like to use that. Maybe by day he’s a street ‘magician’/con artist, and by night he does more shady stuff like helping smugglers and such.

Edit:
Also, I’m thinking his powers were acquired purely by mistake, when he fused with a mysterious ‘being’ in the water and mud of a heavily polluted and stagnant pool.

Last edited:
Hey guys, I updated the main post, I think for the final time. I think it might have been a bit overwhelming a bit for people at first so I decided to outline a summary that explains the concept clearly. The google doc is still available to read if you want to go deeper into a concept, but it is not a requirement to read.

I think I will start the roleplay this weekend. If you are sure you will be joining, please give me a sentence about your character and a written confirmation you are in!
I’m thinking he looks pretty normal, but after he exerts his power to do something his human body isn’t strong enough to do (like lifting a person) he gains these temporary grooves on his face and body. Sort of like Titan Shifter markings from Attack on Titan.

They’re basically his power pressing against his body, like how you can see a magnetic field when you scatter iron dust inside it. The deeper the grooves, the harder he’s working.

He hasn’t ever really pushed it to its limits, but if he overuses his power then the pressure may actually cut his skin and leave permanent scarring.

Him being a part-time gang assistant (so to speak) is actually a really cool idea! I’d like to use that. Maybe by day he’s a street ‘magician’/con artist, and by night he does more shady stuff like helping smugglers and such.

Edit:
Also, I’m thinking his powers were acquired purely by mistake, when he fused with a mysterious ‘being’ in the water and mud of a heavily polluted and stagnant pool.
I would recommend that instead of a 'being' in the water you'd use something more "grounded" for this world to avoid adding more mystical mysteries to an already mystically mysterious world. I think visually from how you described the character, it would make sense he was alchemically augmented, infused with a concoction that someone maybe meant to dispose of, or maybe that concoction was spilled on your character in a criminal job gone wrong.

In this world, alchemy is basically as far as humans are able to practice any form of "magic", it is the transmutation of one element into another, which does allow access to "otherwordly" elements to be created through alchemical processes. If your character came into contact with an alchemical concoction that humans were never meant to come into contact with, it could cause a character to gain powers coupled with visual consequences like the markings you described. After all, there is already a super soldier serum mentioned, so why not have other types of empowering "potions".

This looks really well done, and im definitely interested.

My idea was a former veteran soldier who, upon being exposed to the energy of the Hyper-Tesseract via the destruction of the Light-Speed Engine and the Hyper-Tesseract, obtained cosmo-ergokinetic powers. He was later found and physically augmented (involuntarily) via the implementation of a unique variant of the Super Soldier Serum and blood transfusion of Post-Humans whose blood can help his body withstand the energy he's producing. He also possesses what is known as a Photon Inhibitor, which is basically a power suppressant that was forcefully implemented into him while he was experimented and cannot be removed by conventional means.

Now I was thinking of having him being experimented on by Gail illegally and involuntarily but I don't know if that'll be accepted.

I think I will start the roleplay this weekend. If you are sure you will be joining, please give me a sentence about your character and a written confirmation you are in!
I'm in!

My character spends his time terrorizing enforcers in the name of 'heroism', but his real motivation is resentment. Nothing heroic about him.

If you are sure you will be joining, please give me a sentence about your character and a written confirmation you are in!
Confirming I'm in! Will need to check a couple of worldbuilding details, but my basic concept is: Parahuman noble with plant manipulation, used to be an elusive putting up an airhead front to use their powers for their own benefit, but realised that Heimdal was close to finding them out and so volunteered to save face.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back