• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Viribus Unitis (A Fandom Crossover RP)

Flintstone

*Not an actual caveman
Roleplay Type(s)
Welcome beings from other worlds to the Dual Monarchy of Austria-Hungary in the year of our Lord, 1917. Enjoy the majestic architecture, wondrous entertainment, and delicious cuisine from her various locales. Don't mind the lack of young men or the occasional explosions in the distance. You see the former Emperor's nephew was assassinated in Sarajevo, then one thing led to another, and suddenly: boom! All of the major powers in Europe are at each other's throats in something they are calling "The Great War" and "The War to End All Wars." Also, the capital of the Austrian side of the empire, Vienna is strictly off-limits. Why? Well, the current emperor, Rudolf, is a bit mad eccentric. To make a long story short, he brought the former Empress Elisabeth, or Sisi, back from the dead and now's she leading an army of the undead against her mechanical husband, former Emperor Franz Joseph with Vienna caught in the middle.

Welcome ladies, gentlemen, and everything in between, welcome to the crossover rp:
Viribus Unitis
jhhifgxr4drwaxp7btky.jpg

What is Viribus Unitis? Well, there are several answers to that question depending on what you mean. Definition-wise it's a Latin phrase translating roughly to "with united forces" or just "united forces." The phrase is also the motto of the house of Habsburg-Lorraine, which is where the source of the rp's location took the term from. It is the name of a concept album from Austrian power metal band Dragony (consider it the home fandom of this rp, for lack of a better term). Finally, it is the name of this fandom crossover rp.

The rp's background is more or less as described above and more details (including what Harry Houdini and Nikola Tesla have to do with this situation) will be revealed as the rp goes on.

So why the hell would I choose this setting for a crossover rp? Well, I'm rather tired of the stock crossover rp settings, and a steampunk, magical, alternate-history World War I is about as far from these tropey stock settings as one can get.

Assuming this goes well and there is interest in such a thing, I hope to turn this into a series of rps with a revolving door of new and recurring characters

Rules:
#1 Follow all RPN rules.
#2 Don't be a jerk. Having characters disagree and fight is to be expected and perfectly ok, but sustained interpersonal drama between players is a no-go. If something is going on behind the scenes that I don't know about, bring it to my attention and I will do everything in my power to resolve it, up to and including kicking one or multiple parties from the rp if the behavior is particularly egregious or reoccurring.
#3 No godmodding, metagaming, or power playing.
#4 OCs are allowed, but they will be held to a much more stringent standard and be under higher scrutiny than fandom characters.
#5 There is currently no limit to the number of characters per player, but that will change if I feel people are taking advantage of this rule (i.e. you can play 2 or 3 characters, but if you want to play 5 or more, you better have proven you can handle it).
#6 And most importantly, have fun!

Discord to be made and invites to be sent once enough interest in the rp has been shown.

If you have any questions or if you feel like I've forgotten something, let me know and I'll do my best to address it.

my dude, i saw Tzar Dickolas II and zombie Elisabeth of Austria, and... my dude, i dunno... uh... how do i say this. im uh, just a little bit team lucheni (though i dont think propaganda of the deed will work. and elisabeth was a very poor target choice. luigi had a lot of issues) and i am... very... very anti tzar. like, desendant of pogrom surivors level of anti tzar. i want him dead and i am going to have fun overthrowing his monarchy.

unless if that's uh the king of England and not proto-hitler. these nobles are all related, i swear. i mean, Sisi married her cousin.

edit: its Rudolf. i thought Rudolf shot himself. i dunno, i'm mostly familiar with the musical about sisi, and when it comes to studdying the royal families specifically, im... not an expert.

Last edited:
Well, this certainly seems interesting. Mind if this skeleton throws his hat into the ring to join on in?

I'm interested.
I suppose characters from Demon Slayer would fit here since 1917 is in the Taisho period maybe a few years earlier then when the series takes place.( In early/mid 1920's)

The Demon Slayer Corps is ready to defend this new world from the undead.

Last edited:
Hmm, been thinking of characters that I wanna use for the rp… and I was thinking of using one of the Team Fortress 2 mercenaries for the rp (mostly thinking ragout either using Engineer, Medic or Pyro, but I still got ideas for the other characters.)

Wow! This weird little idea I had got way more traction than I dared hope for. Welcome aboard all! I'll address some of the comments and concerns in just a moment but first:

Here is the Discord link: Join the Viribus Unitis The RP Discord Server!

my dude, i saw Tzar Dickolas II and zombie Elisabeth of Austria, and... my dude, i dunno... uh... how do i say this. im uh, just a little bit team lucheni (though i dont think propaganda of the deed will work. and elisabeth was a very poor target choice. luigi had a lot of issues) and i am... very... very anti tzar. like, desendant of pogrom surivors level of anti tzar. i want him dead and i am going to have fun overthrowing his monarchy.

unless if that's uh the king of England and not proto-hitler. these nobles are all related, i swear. i mean, Sisi married her cousin.

edit: its Rudolf. i thought Rudolf shot himself. i dunno, i'm mostly familiar with the musical about sisi, and when it comes to studdying the royal families specifically, im... not an expert.
Without spoiling too much, Rudolf did indeed shoot himself in our timeline, but considering this is an alternate history timeline you'll find more than a few changes from our world.

I'm interested.
I suppose characters from Demon Slayer would fit here since 1917 is in the Taisho period maybe a few years earlier then when the series takes place.( In early/mid 1920's)

The Demon Slayer Corps is ready to defend this new world from the undead.
I honestly didn't realize that the timelines somewhat overlapped with Demon Slaysr's like that. That's certainly a fun coincidence.

Hmm, been thinking of characters that I wanna use for the rp… and I was thinking of using one of the Team Fortress 2 mercenaries for the rp (mostly thinking ragout either using Engineer, Medic or Pyro, but I still got ideas for the other characters.)
Feel free to use any of the above-mentioned or none of them. The sky is the limit for creative character ideas (just don't break out of the atmosphere if you catch my drift).

EmperorNorton1 EmperorNorton1 Fear not my friend. I was planning on creating an on-site OOC as well, which is all the discord server will be used for. I will get that and a character sheet thread up sometime tomorrow but for now I must sleep.

EmperorNorton1 EmperorNorton1 Fear not my friend. I was planning on creating an on-site OOC as well, which is all the discord server will be used for. I will get that and a character sheet thread up sometime tomorrow but for now I must sleep.
Ah, thank you very much, mon ami! you get rest, and i shall scheme who to bring to the table how bad would it be if i brought specifically Luigi Lucheni from the German musical about Sisi?

Should I have the Demon Slayers be from the same world as the RP but being sent 7 years in the past( from 1924's japan to 1917 Austria- Hungary) or be part of an alternate world and being sent there?
Ill pick four characters: Tanjiro ( with Nezuko helping him) Zenitsu,Giyu Tomioka and either Shinobu Kocho,Kyojiro Rengoku or Muichiro Tokito as my fourth pick.

Looks fun. I think I'll bring in Ada from the Resident Evil franchise, give her a wardrobe change to avoid too much notice, and some nice period-accurate guns.

1691735945710.png

1691736403230.png

Bump (this hasn't started yet, so if anyone else is interested there's still time to hop on board the Viribus Unitis express before it leaves the station).

Bump (this hasn't started yet, so if anyone else is interested there's still time to hop on board the Viribus Unitis express before it leaves the station).

Didn't foresee you making your own multifandom. I already have like one or two ideas who I could be (I'll probably end up choosing both), but I need to see if I'm feeling back-in-the-game enough to participate.

Didn't foresee you making your own multifandom. I already have like one or two ideas who I could be (I'll probably end up choosing both), but I need to see if I'm feeling back-in-the-game enough to participate.
I'd love to have you if you are feeling up for it. If not, that's fine too. It would be nice to have a familiar face.

I'm interested
Welcome aboard Bond! As I said with Crow, having a familiar face (or potentially two) on board will be nice.

This sounds interesting. A question though, when looking at the CS I saw something about characters being summoned. Is that the only option or is it possible for someone to have come to this world on their own volition? Just wondering as I got a character, that while she's an OC she has ties to two fandoms and would be looking for somewhere to go for practical combat experience instead of just doing training all the time at home.

Still taking players? I want play Amaterasu and Issun from Ōkami, but Amaterasu might be a little overpowered. I have other characters in mind if she is.

Last edited:
Reboot?
Hello all! I am strongly considering dusting this bad boy off and rebooting it.

ThatWhichShouldBe ThatWhichShouldBe EmperorNorton1 EmperorNorton1 DovahBeat DovahBeat Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505 SirPrompto15 SirPrompto15 Goonfire Goonfire XionKuriyama XionKuriyama Crow Crow Vagabond Spectre Vagabond Spectre YsFanatic YsFanatic Seabiscuit Seabiscuit Juju Juju Are any of you still interested? If not, that's totally cool, I just figured I should reach out and offer. Of course, I'd love to see some new faces as well, so don't be discouraged if your name isn't listed above. I am looking at a tentative start date sometime in mid-March, for those of you who might be wondering about timing.

As always, feel free to ask me any questions you might have about the setting or the RP itself either here, through the discord linked above, or the OOC also linked above. Cool? Cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back