Video Game Recommendations?

Artificial Sugar

Plus Ultra
I'm not sure if this really counts as other- so I'm sorry about that!

I'm just looking for some recommendations for games.

(new)Systems I own:

PS3, PS4, Wii U, 3DS, New 3DS, Laptop (steam)

I would prefer console games if possible. I don't like playing PC games too much.

I own some old systems as well, but I doubt that I can find good games for them nowadays. I'm picky about graphics.

I really enjoy all kinds of games, honestly, but here's a list off the top of my head of games/game series I have enjoyed:

Fatal Frame series

Heavy Rain

Beyond Two Souls

Final Fantasy Series

Chrono Cross

Dota 2

Life is Strange

Dragon Age series

Persona 3 & 4

Zelda

Animal Crossing

Harvest Moon

Silent Hill series

Resident Evil

The Witcher

Fallout

The Last of Us

Basically anything by Nintendo, lmao

I'm very much in search of a good horror game as of late, and a good RPG with romance elements. I've been dying for Persona 5 to come out, and I loved the new Fatal Frame game. Things that scare me are ghosts or creepy mutated monster things- I'm not really scared by serial killers or psychological stuff. I wanna
see the creepy shit.

So if anyone can help out, that would be cool! And if you need more information, feel free to ask me!

Oh! And unless it's a super amazing game, please try to keep them within the 3rd person view!

Last edited by a moderator:
SeverusX said:
I'm not sure if this really counts as other- so I'm sorry about that!

I'm just looking for some recommendations for games.

(new)Systems I own:

PS3, PS4, Wii U, 3DS, New 3DS, Laptop (steam)

I would prefer console games if possible. I don't like playing PC games too much.

I own some old systems as well, but I doubt that I can find good games for them nowadays. I'm picky about graphics.

I really enjoy all kinds of games, honestly, but here's a list off the top of my head of games/game series I have enjoyed:

Fatal Frame series

Heavy Rain

Beyond Two Souls

Final Fantasy Series

Chrono Cross

Dota 2

Life is Strange

Dragon Age series

Persona 3 & 4

Zelda

Animal Crossing

Harvest Moon

Silent Hill series

Resident Evil

The Witcher

Fallout

The Last of Us

Basically anything by Nintendo, lmao

I'm very much in search of a good horror game as of late, and a good RPG with romance elements. I've been dying for Persona 5 to come out, and I loved the new Fatal Frame game. Things that scare me are ghosts or creepy mutated monster things- I'm not really scared by serial killers or psychological stuff. I wanna
see the creepy shit.

So if anyone can help out, that would be cool! And if you need more information, feel free to ask me!

Oh! And unless it's a super amazing game, please try to keep them within the 3rd person view!

If you're talking a shooter with a minimal but decent amount of horror. Check out doom 4 for next gen consoles and pc. It's a fun shooting. With demons and Possessed humans. In fact. Any doom game should be good. A good horror game to play is a classic named "I'm scared. A pixelated nightmare" It popularized the genera "Pixel horror" meaning it has retro style graphics and aspects from different classic horror titles like clock tower. It even starts fucking with your computer if you play long enough. You can buy it off of steam for about a dollar (God bless gaben) and I THINK! I'm not really sure. That it got a Ps4 port. But it's scarier on a pc

Welcome to the Game

Pony Island

Imscared (2016 remake)

... that's all I got so far for horror. Different style and pretty aight in terms of price (all on steam).

Mount and Blade Warband is super fun, though it attracts a very specific fanbase. Don't get it if you're not willing to sink hundreds of hours into becoming the king of an entire country.

I highly recommend Homeworld: Remastered Collection. The remastered version comes with amazing visuals and spectacular scenery. Nothing says classic space RTS like this. It has mod support if you get it on steam. One of the best games I've ever played. If you want something more realistic, get Kerbal Space Program, a sandbox simulation game about building you own rockets and taking them to the moon. Or crashing. Or crashing into the moon.

Well, it's not Horror or Romance, but Portal 2 is always an amazing game to try out for the first time :^)

For some good old JRPG Horror, you can always try Ib (though that's not really spooky), Forest of Drizzling Rain, the Crooked Man, Mad Father, and the Witch's House. Claire is also pretty good.

Also you can never go wrong with trying something SCP.

I bought Tomb Raider for ps4, and so far I'm really loving it. I'll check out all the games you guys listed, too! Thank you so much!

If you're looking for horror games, try SCP: Containment Breach, a survival horror game based on the Foundation Mythos. You play as a D-Class Test Subject as you try to escape a randomly-generated facility. Did I tell you about the scary-as-balls monsters?

Given that you have the 3ds I could suggest fire emblem awakening Or the soon to be released monster hunter generations. But monster hunter is a time sinker. If you want to see the games for yourself get the demo for generations see if the game might hook you. Fire emblem awakening I would suggest because it's a strategy RPG with romance in it. If you like strategy with a pretty decent story and interesting characters go look for awakening.

I played it on the Xbox 360 but my friend has it on the Playstation 3 but the Star Ocean series is the bomb.com

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're looking for a good RPG , play Knights of the Old Republic for the Original Xbox/PC. That is EASILY one of THE best video games of ALL TIME. K2 : The Sith Lords is a polarizing game (some people really hate it but I think it's arguably better than K1) , but I suggest it too.

Ok, gonna sound like a goddamned child here, but that new Lego Star Wars game is worth a look, I played through the story mode all in one day.

I can't help you much in terms of horror (as I heavily dislike forcing myself into stressful situations), but I can definitely offer some suggestions for RPGs (mostly JRPGS). Unfortunately, these aren't console, but they're worth checking out.

There's Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea. Really good story with romance too! I don't want to spoil much, though, so you'll have to play it or look it up to find out more. All you have to know is that there's multiple endings (as you work towards the true ending) and some major feels in a few of the endings.

If you want some horror in your RPG, Ib is worth looking at. Yeah, it's more psychological in some aspects, but there are art monsters....literally. As in crawling paintings and stuff like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back