• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic 𝘝𝘌𝘐𝘓 𝘖𝘍 * 𝘐𝘎𝘕𝘖𝘙𝘈𝘕𝘊𝘌 — a game of choice.

demonology

𝒅𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒚 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒐𝒏𝒍𝒚 𝒎𝒚𝒕𝒉.

• intro

which side are you on?

pete seger

PREMISE.

V
    EIL OF IGNORANCE is a sci-fi/fantasy rp inspired by mecha anime, moral philosophy, and the People’s History of the United States. Set in the speculative world of the Egressian Empire, our story starts during the testing phase of PROJECT VRTU, an endeavor to create weapons out of people capable of Miracles. With a cast of both researchers and test subjects, our characters will be forced to confront who they were, who they are, and who they will be.

Specifically, PROJECT VRTU is an armament research project funded by L'Universite De Apollonio and the government of the Egressian Empire. It is intended to create the next weapon to end all war, including the current cold war with Telorev, a rival country. Ultimate safety is what the Project offers. Its team has worked tirelessly for the past year to turn its test subjects, all capable of extra-worldly abilities, into cyborgs that are near indestructible. Our plot begins with the Project transitioning to testing, which consists of our team going undercover as a bounty hunting team and taking down a rap sheet of increasingly difficult bounties.

— o —​

WHEN PROMETHEUS STOLE FIRE, WAS IT A BAD MIRACLE —

WHAT IS A BIRTHRIGHT? Is it the spoils of your country or the blight of your parents? Is it fortune upon their deaths or the inheritance of their debt? Is it doing the right thing in your family’s name or what’s best for its safekeeping?

It is the year 997. Everyday, you feel as though there’s a new disaster — a terrorist attack by Telorevan superhumans, a data leak from another corporation, rising sea levels, inexplicable forest fires, whole city blocks evaporated or left in rubble. A new reason to be afraid every day. As a child of the Empire, this is your birthright: AN OVER-TILLED LAND, LEFT DUST TO DUST. ASHES TO ASHES. WILL YOU BE ITS REDEMPTION?

WHAT IS SAFETY?
    Is it freedom from or freedom to? Is it the use of fire for cleansing the fields, warming your family, or burning your enemies?

It is the year 998. You finally are beginning to have a sense of control — over yourself, over others, over the world. As a child of the Empire and a product of Project VRTU, you have realized your birthright: A MACHINE THAT NEVER STOPS. WILL YOU BE ITS DESTRUCTION?

— OR FALSE DIVINITY?

Hi everyone! VEIL OF IGNORANCE is a labor of love and a game of choice. That means that I'm looking for people to fill specific roles for the game but I want each character to be tailored to what you're passionate about exploring, both as a writer, as a roleplayer, and as a person. This is a game/rp intended to explore some major moral questions, specifically through the lens of living in a pseudo-democracy and late stage capitalist society, but also other themes, such as humanity, what do we owe to those we love, etc. But, most of all, I'm looking to write a fun and engaging story where every character goes on their own hero's journey.

This group is intended to be "lazy but literate," which means I plan for this to be a slow, steady race to the end where we write what inspires us most, when it inspires us most. If that sounds fun to you, check out our cast!

APPLICATIONS CLOSE FEBRUARY 5th!

intro

roles

rules

VEIL OF IGNORANCE

i almost don't exist now, and i know it.

genre

rpg, fantasy, sci-fi, cyberpunk

roles

8/8 open

♡coded by uxie♡

Last edited:
thank you everyone for your interest so far ahh
c56c953f2e62fc86060b15c298eeadc6.jpeg

A lil update: I forgot to initially put it in the interest check, but most of the writing will take place on Discord, meaning use of it will be required.

This might be the thing in which I can immerse my role-playing desire with opportunity for expression of the creativity. I am interested.

I do have a few questions, where will we be informed when this starts?

And, is there a set age my character can be?
I haven’t set an end date yet for character sheets. I probably will later today, and I’m gonna give about a week and a half to two weeks (which, if anyone has an preference, feel free to let me know)

As for ages, I’m asking they be at 25+ and no more than 32 but I’m open to slightly younger or slightly older characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back