• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Vanguards OOC

What magic system should we focus on?

• Essence and Aura

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Arcane and Argent

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Arcane and Psi

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If this is the way I believe it is then arcane vs psi is a very common system, it's what D&D uses. Arcane magic is.. well.. magic, just straight up magic cast with mana, it's your fireballs, your light spells, your turning people into toads and traveling the planes of existence, it's good old fashioned magic. Meanwhile Psi is a bit more of a new aged mental magic, it's your telekinesis and telepathy, creating objects with your mind, changing things with your mind, that sort of thing.
I know what Psi is, as I stated I've used it in another roleplay. However the Arcane was where I wasn't sure... but I suppose that makes sense... but perhaps the GM have something different in mind? Idk...

I'm pretty sure Arcane is just 'classic' magic, given by discussions with shadow.

I'm pretty sure Arcane is just 'classic' magic, given by discussions with shadow.
In that case everyone should pick a few magic abilities they think would be beneficial to the combat system of the group RP and post them in a list tagging both GM's so they can look them over and decide if there's any mutuality.

I know what Psi is, as I stated I've used it in another roleplay. However the Arcane was where I wasn't sure... but I suppose that makes sense... but perhaps the GM have something different in mind? Idk...
This is how I read it, if the GM's think differently then they'll let us know.

Elephantom Elephantom shadowz1995 shadowz1995 given the world... am I to assume we are playing in an "anime" type style where the the laws of the world can be defied/altered the more powerful the creature/character. Or is it more of a "realistic" take on a world in which has been taken over by Rot and characters are very limited and tied down by the laws of our physics, etc.?

Not anime. No. God no.

This is ultra realistic. I have to give a solid description/reasoning for the magic and psi, and it cannot be summed up by unknown and alchemy.

Mx.Trinity Mx.Trinity
I'm just running with the classics here: a vampire with speed and strength traits, and a human with pure support arcane magicks, the whole shield, buff, and heal trinity of a good support class.

They're all pretty simple. Namings to be determined.

●Aegis: Creates an arcane bubble around the target. Softens blows, and sometimes cancels out weaker attacks altogether. Lasts for quite a bit.

●Panacea: A burst of restorative arcane power that essentially speeds the healing process by a metric fuckton. Completely diminishes the caster's energy, though, making it a after-action patch up.

●Eden: Slow, but steady heal over time. Less intensive than Heal 1 on all counts, but uses less 'mana/energy' from the caster. Usually used in conjunction with Shield, to diminish damage, to provide in-combat restoration.

In that case everyone should pick a few magic abilities they think would be beneficial to the combat system of the group RP and post them in a list tagging both GM's so they can look them over and decide if there's any mutuality.
Seeing shadowz previous work I'm thinking we're all just gonna make our sheets with our desired powers and our lovely GM will simply tell us at that point if something's wrong, then we'll change the problemed ability to make it less OP or beef it up a bit and be on our way, simple. Though I'd love to talk about abilities if you guys want to :3

Not anime. No. God no.

This is ultra realistic. I have to give a solid description/reasoning for the magic and psi, and it cannot be summed up by unknown and alchemy.

Thank. God.

Psi Abilities would be tied to the technology that the humans would use, specifically the military equipment. All of the technology would be heavily dependent on the psychological state of the user. If the user can stay calm in extreme circumstances they will be able to utilize the technology to it's fullest extent and have the privilege of using multiple abilities with precision and strength that would rival the Rot.

The technology would use some form of wave technology explaining the ability to pulse things backwards, communicate telepathically, and form a shield, it would all be equipment based. As soon as your equipment is damaged you mind as well discard it.

As for the Arcane that's a bit more complicated I feel personally it would have to play largely in part to the lore, however some "realistic" suggestions would be that it would also be equipment based, for the hardened veteran they would be able to switch between the two quite easily from battle experience. It would use canisters of certain chemical compounds that could enhance strength, cast fire, poison, etc. And perhaps deployables that change the environment or enhance the chances of survival in an ambush situation (something like a neutralizing gas where things would stop moving staying still like zombies waiting for a next meal).

Elephantom Elephantom shadowz1995 shadowz1995

Seeing shadowz previous work I'm thinking we're all just gonna make our sheets with our desired powers and our lovely GM will simply tell us at that point if something's wrong, then we'll change the problemed ability to make it less OP or beef it up a bit and be on our way, simple. Though I'd love to talk about abilities if you guys want to :3

You're forgetting the inclusion of Ele here.

Thank. God.

Psi Abilities would be tied to the technology that the humans would use, specifically the military equipment. All of the technology would be heavily dependent on the psychological state of the user. If the user can stay calm in extreme circumstances they will be able to utilize the technology to it's fullest extent and have the privilege of using multiple abilities with precision and strength that would rival the Rot.

The technology would use some form of wave technology explaining the ability to pulse things backwards, communicate telepathically, and form a shield, it would all be equipment based. As soon as your equipment is damaged you mind as well discard it.

As for the Arcane that's a bit more complicated I feel personally it would have to play largely in part to the lore, however some "realistic" suggestions would be that it would also be equipment based, for the hardened veteran they would be able to switch between the two quite easily from battle experience. It would use canisters of certain chemical compounds that could enhance strength, cast fire, poison, etc. And perhaps deployables that change the environment or enhance the chances of survival in an ambush situation (something like a neutralizing gas where things would stop moving staying still like zombies waiting for a next meal).

Elephantom Elephantom shadowz1995 shadowz1995

Depends. We're still figuring out what arcane and psion truly are, what they come from, and how they can be intermixed.

But, truly, first we need to refine our foundation of arcane/psion before we can proceed to the actual abilities. Just need to wait for shadowz to come.
Alright, but I'm warnin' you! Pipe dreams man! I want this cs on my desk by tomorrow morning!

*strums a note*
*whole party starts moving at the speed of light*
more like:
*air guitars*
*kills the wizard*
Fuck thunderwave man.

Patience is a virtue, pal. Waiting for everything's a reward in and of itself.

...like my combat medic course.

That's the plan. The losers go away. The winners stay. We're weeding out the non-dedicated.
That's fine but as time goes on so can the motivation. Perhaps I do mean to be pushy. The interest check was created Tuesday, today is obviously Friday. I was hoping to start roleplaying by tonight so we could get our introductions out of the way and start roleplaying in higher frequency for the duration of the weekend. Another weekend of boredum and I'll regret maintaining my excitement for this long

But yeah, it's true. Time is certainly not on our side. Hearsay that there's 6 weeks of high key training coming up for my company soon, which includes weekly trips to the overnight jungle warfare 'resort'. I have a feeling that it might be in a fortnight...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back