• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Vanguards OOC

What magic system should we focus on?

• Essence and Aura

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Arcane and Argent

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Arcane and Psi

Votes: 18 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So psi magic is borderline alchemy(fma style) manipulating the world on a scientific level instead of using magic to bend it

theoretically speaking I think the psi abilities will be something like an energy pulse that pushes stuff back, a shield of energy, and like... a ball of energy that can be shot at a target.

I can be anyone's partner, but I warn you, I don't add a lot of detail or fluff to my posts. I just like action, plot, and development. Also, just because I don't add detail doesn't mean my post are short. I typically write around 2~3 paragraphs, more if I'm in the mood.

I can RP as a human, or vampire. However, I will be using an anime picture.

Hehe, well maybe they can meet in the library and become friends out of mutual quietness.
Heyo, I see that your Character likes book's and being anti-socal

My character Traicere is kinda the same (just a little different) so I was wondering if our characters could be Friends or Partners? QwQ

I don't add a lot of detail or fluff to my posts. I just like action, plot, and development. Also, just because I don't add detail doesn't mean my post are short.

Adding mundane details, and jamming undertones and progress into them, is a major part of writing. Just doing action all day long — it's evil and harmful.

On the other hand, to everyone in particular, what magical-system choice do you think comes off best? Why? And why do you think we should implement it? A small survey, bear with me for a while.

Heyo, I see that your Character likes book's and being anti-socal

My character Traicere is kinda the same (just a little different) so I was wondering if our characters could be Friends or Partners? QwQ
Sure! She already has a partner and is in a relationship, but bookworms ought to stick together.

Adding mundane details, and jamming undertones and progress into them, is a major part of writing. Just doing action all day long — it's evil and harmful.

On the other hand, to everyone in particular, what magical-system choice do you think comes off best? Why? And why do you think we should implement it? A small survey, bear with me for a while.
Honestly arcane/psi is what I know best, it's a pretty classic system.

Is the magic system necessary for the CS? I am getting a bit antsy. However talking about the different kinds of magic and elements...

I think the Psi system will work very well with the roleplay I used a similar system in another RP I had participated in quite some time ago. The mechanics of the psi powers is very easy to control and is pretty straightforward. If you have a strong mental willpower and are given the ability to perform psi it can be a great asset to the team:

Psi Abilities
  • Shield- for defensive measures like environmental dangers or holding back a wall of monsters
  • Pulse- for offensive/defensive measure allowing the person to push back or send threats flying
  • Blast- for offensive straight up knock back or tear-through damage
  • Focus- for surveillance/reconnaissance giving the person a greater awareness of the area
  • Seismic Shock- for telekinesis, lifting/moving things
As for Arcane... not sure what that's supposed to mean. Arcane literally means mysterious or unknown so I don't see how that really helps with an idea of what it can do. However recommendations are more or less the same as above

Arcane Abilities
  • Force- Used for deflecting/shielding
  • Blast- Straightforward
  • Scorch- Turns the ground around the combatant extremely hot
  • Summon- Used to summon a mytheral or elemental creature like a Wyrm, or Stone Golum can be used however
  • Construct- The manipulation of elements; jutting walls of stone, pryokinesis, changing the state of water, creating a tornado of wind

Elephantom Elephantom shadowz1995 shadowz1995 just some ideas.

Last edited:
I chose "Arcane and Psi" partly because (if I understand it correctly), the former revolves around Runes and Incantations while the latter is akin to FMA-alchemy, both of which is easy for me to grasp the lore of how they work. Honestly, I have no problems if the drawbacks of Psi also includes the "Equivalent Exchange" rule. It just makes sense.

Elephantom Elephantom shadowz1995 shadowz1995 given the world... am I to assume we are playing in an "anime" type style where the the laws of the world can be defied/altered the more powerful the creature/character. Or is it more of a "realistic" take on a world in which has been taken over by Rot and characters are very limited and tied down by the laws of our physics, etc.?

Is the magic system necessary for the CS? I am getting a bit antsy. However talking about the different kinds of magic and elements...

I think the Psi system will work very well with the roleplay I used a similar system in another RP I had participated in quite some time ago. The mechanics of the psi powers is very easy to control and is pretty straightforward. If you have a strong mental willpower and are given the ability to perform psi it can be a great asset to the team:

Psi Abilities
  • Shield- for defensive measures like environmental dangers or holding back a wall of monsters
  • Pulse- for offensive/defensive measure allowing the person to push back or send threats flying
  • Blast- for offensive straight up knock back or tear-through damage
  • Focus- for surveillance/reconnaissance giving the person a greater awareness of the area
  • Seismic Shock- for telekinesis, lifting/moving things
As for Arcane... not sure what that's supposed to mean. Arcane literally means mysterious or unknown so I don't see how that really helps with an idea of what it can do. However recommendations are more or less the same as above

Arcane Abilities
  • Force- Used for deflecting/shielding
  • Blast- Straightforward
  • Scorch- Turns the ground around the combatant extremely hot
  • Summon- Used to summon a mytheral or elemental creature like a Wyrm, or Stone Golum can be used however
  • Construct- The manipulation of elements; jutting walls of stone, pryokinesis, changing the state of water, creating a tornado of wind

Elephantom Elephantom just some ideas.
If this is the way I believe it is then arcane vs psi is a very common system, it's what D&D uses. Arcane magic is.. well.. magic, just straight up magic cast with mana, it's your fireballs, your light spells, your turning people into toads and traveling the planes of existence, it's good old fashioned magic. Meanwhile Psi is a bit more of a new aged mental magic, it's your telekinesis and telepathy, creating objects with your mind, changing things with your mind, that sort of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back