• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom ||Valiant: Out of Character||

Main
Here
Characters
Here
I will be mostly off until Saturday or so as I have some things to do for the next couple days. I’ll still pop in and read but until then I probably won’t respond. Sorry and talk to you all soon!

Is it sad that i got excited when someone interacted with Shi? I just love this rp already and I'm finding myself trying to figure out how to grow my characters and examine battling styles to make one unique for my babies. I think I know who I'm basing Todo's from, but with Shi and her bubbles it will be a little more challenging.

But again, even though we just started, I can tell this rp is going to be really good already.

Developing a character is always a challenging and yet rewarding portion. I think that with the cast we have there's going to be a plethora of interesting interactions to be had.

Question: Are we going to be creating NPC's and such like for other minor heroes or villains? Because I have an idea with my characters and if we are doing NPC's I may need to create two more characters, but I don't want to blow up the character sign ups

If NPCs are allowed a suggestion could be to make a page just for NPCs, so the characters list isn't mixed up with them

Do we need to establish prior relationships with other characters? I imagine most of the heroes are acquainted with each other because of their jobs, but for instance if we get a Midoriya, I think Todoroki and Shimae would be close with him because of how much Todoroki respects Midoriya.

I feel a growing temptation to make a second character... anyone have a suggestion as to what they'd like to see someone do?

Joining Nemesis in villainy I see.

Of course!

Hey, I wanted to ask, can you explain your characters quirk a bit? I read that it works similar to Present Mic, but that he takes sounds from around him into his ear, and sends those sounds all at once through his voice? Does it come out the same as how he heard/absorbed them?

Of course!

Hey, I wanted to ask, can you explain your characters quirk a bit? I read that it works similar to Present Mic, but that he takes sounds from around him into his ear, and sends those sounds all at once through his voice? Does it come out the same as how he heard/absorbed them?
Well personally I couldn't explain that quirk. Though we could always tag Genon Genon to see how their quirk works lmao.

Well personally I couldn't explain that quirk. Though we could always tag Genon Genon to see how their quirk works lmao.

Oh shit, my bad! LOL, I got confused for a second there...
Sorry about that!

Though, actually, I did want to ask about Nemesis because I was curious about her past. Do you think it could be possible to mix my characters past with yours? You don't have to, but if you're interested that'd be neat

Sorry about that!

Though, actually, I did want to ask about Nemesis because I was curious about her past. Do you think it could be possible to mix my characters past with yours? You don't have to, but it could be interesting to create a mix of the two.
No problem lol.

As for blending their pasts, what kind of idea did you have in mind? I'm usually pretty open to incorporating others into my character since that adds more depth to the rp as a whole i'd say.

No problem lol.

As for blending their pasts, what kind of idea did you have in mind? I'm usually pretty open to incorporating others into my character since that adds more depth to the rp as a whole i'd say.

Well, when I wrote about Almina's dad I didn't really have a killer thought up, but did consider how that would help her character development. When I read about Nemesis parents being renowed villains I wondered if that could be part of what had happened to him. If possible they could have met as children as well somehow.

Well, when I wrote about Almina's dad I didn't really have a killer thought up, but did consider how that would help her character development. When I read about Nemesis parents being renowed villains I wondered if that could be part of what had happened to him. If possible they could have met as children as well somehow.
Hmm... It's definitely possible that they could've met in their younger years. Perhaps they would have met during their earlier years of schooling? On the note of the parents of Nemesis, her father was a hero while her mother was a villain of course. Though she was raised by a group of four villains, we could definitely tie them together. Whether it be by having them related through both their fathers dying on the same excursion or even having it be Rework, Pyraflame, LiveWire, Ouraya, or Poultergheist. The villains, Pyraflame being her mother. Posing in as the killer mentioned in Almina's backstory.

It would all depend on what you might want to do with them. Because i'm sure that would fit in easily to the backstory of Nemesis, since I tried to leave flexibility in it. Though the original goal for this flexibility was to keep it in-line with what the gm may want, that isn't the point as of current.

Hmm... It's definitely possible that they could've met in their younger years. Perhaps they would have met during their earlier years of schooling? On the note of the parents of Nemesis, her father was a hero while her mother was a villain of course. Though she was raised by a group of four villains, we could definitely tie them together. Whether it be by having them related through both their fathers dying on the same excursion or even having it be Rework, Pyraflame, LiveWire, Ouraya, or Poultergheist. The villains, Pyraflame being her mother. Posing in as the killer mentioned in Almina's backstory.

It would all depend on what you might want to do with them. Because i'm sure that would fit in easily to the backstory of Nemesis, since I tried to leave flexibility in it. Though the original goal for this flexibility was to keep it in-line with what the gm may want, that isn't the point as of current.

Oh! I have an idea hear me out. If you don't like it, or want to add something then go ahead! Same for you SavingStar SavingStar

So, what if Gaea was great friends with Almina's father, and when he died would spend a few years investigating who had killed him. After about 7 years he found out who killed Gaea therefore deciding to come together with a few other heroes to take down Gaeas killer?

Almina could have tried becoming friends with Kyo seeing as she wasn't actively making friends herself.

Oh! I have an idea hear me out. If you don't like it, or want to add something then go ahead! Same for you SavingStar SavingStar

So, what if Gaea was great friends with Almina's father, and when he died would spend a few years investigating who had killed him. After about 7 years he found out who killed Gaea therefore deciding to come together with a few other heroes to take down Gaeas killer?

Almina could have tried becoming friends with Kyo seeing as she wasn't actively making friends herself.
I definitely like the idea, along with I had left the killer open-ended and yet with leads to tie in who the killer could've been. So that could keep some mystery while forging the two together as two sides of the coin.

Plus the idea of attempting to make friends with Kyo could be interesting, possibly having them remember feature of the other from when they were children and such. It could lead to some rather interesting interactions both in and out of combat.

I definitely like the idea, along with I had left the killer open-ended and yet with leads to tie in who the killer could've been. So that could keep some mystery while forging the two together as two sides of the coin.

Plus the idea of attempting to make friends with Kyo could be interesting, possibly having them remember feature of the other from when they were children and such. It could lead to some rather interesting interactions both in and out of combat.

I agree! I'm glad that you're down for collabing, thank you.
Did Gaea attend U.A? Or maybe they could have met in middle school, or maybe were from the same town?
Oh yes, I like that idea too. I'd figure Almina would want to try to include her in school activities and such to keep her from feeling left out

I agree! I'm glad that you're down for collabing, thank you.
Did Gaea attend U.A? Or maybe they could have met in middle school, or maybe were from the same town?
Oh yes, I like that idea too. I'd figure Almina would want to try to include her in school activities and such to keep her from feeling left out
Once again it's no problem, honestly I enjoy collaborating with others. It helps me develop my character further and feel like they're deeper rooted in the plotline.
Gaea would have attended U.A. though he wouldn't be that great when it came to combative scenarios, instead excelling in any defensive measure. A true testament to "The greatest offense is a sturdy defense." But if you wanted them to go further back we could easily do that all the same.
I feel like if she tried to include Kyo in the activities the response she'd get would be a blank stare of utter silence or simply "No." But that's just how Kyo would normally act.

How the hell did I miss this entire conversation? Not one notification popped up, so thanks for tagging me. I’ll check it out in a bit-class starts at 7 A.M. for me so I have to get ready smh

Of course!

Sorry about that!

Though, actually, I did want to ask about Nemesis because I was curious about her past. Do you think it could be possible to mix my characters past with yours? You don't have to, but if you're interested that'd be neat

I wrote that it does, but I'm honestly on the fence about keeping it that way. I may in fact change it to a simple burst of generic sound, or an amplified scream. Why do you ask?

Also SavingStar SavingStar , did you get a chance to look at my sheet? Am I approved?

Ah, my apologies. I thought I had already liked it to approve it. But yes! You’re good to go. Once again I’m sorry-guess class kept me busy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back