• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Valhalla Awaits

He frowned over at his brother. “Definitely not you. Why are you so close to me?” He muttered, shoving his brother off the couch and spread himself out.

she smiled and pecked his cheek. “I’m gonna go help your mother. If you want peace and quiet.... the kitchen is your best bet.... but of course you spending time in there means that I’ve stolen you from your brothers and I won’t let you spend time with them.” She muttered riling here eyes and went to go help his mom.

Sigurd grunted and shook his head some "You're a fucking asshole." He spat before going to make himself a drink

Ubbe sighed softly and kissed her gently "I'll be in here." He mumbled before he looked to Sigurd and Ivar shaking his head some "Our brother is right Ivar,there is no need for you be acting like a child."

Ivar snorted and just shook his head. “Don’t be so stupid Ubbe. You are not father and you’re not ever going to be.” He spat at him. “So no need to parent.” He muttered, spending the whole evening texting max back and forth instead, mostly ignoring his family besides his mother.

Carmen chatted with Aslaug in the kitchen, helping her get everything on the dining table, listening to the boys bickering in the lunge. “They all got their fathers ability to irk people.” She smiled some, “

Ubbe glared at his brother and shook his head some "Mind your tone Ivar..." he said in a warning tone before he finished his drink and left to get some fresh air for the moment

Aslaug finished up cooking with Carmen's help and gave a small laugh at her comment "You should have seen them in their puberty years...it was much worse." She said before smiling at her soon to be daughter-in-law "Have you found a venue yet?"

She nodded, putting cutlery out. “We discussed it and rather than go somewhere else, we’re gonna have it on the beach here. Well put the reception in the hotel but the ceremony on the beach. We’re going with a traditional Norse ceremony. My parents will throw a fit if they decide to show up but it is not about them.” She smiled some, going to call the boys in for dinner and then popped out to Ubbe out back, taking the cigarette off of him and pecked his lips. “Not at your mothers.... dinners ready love.” She murmured, slipping her arms around his neck and held onto him. “You doing okay? You’ve been quiet all day.”

Ivar managed to get up oncecarmen said it was ready and leaned on his crutch to get in there, taking his seat and sat waiting for carmen and Ubbe to get in. Before they could though his phone pinged again and he looked at it with a smile quickly this time that quickly turned to a glare when Sigurd picked up on it and questioned him. “None of your fucking business.” He snapped.

Ubbe looked over at Carmen as she came out and sighed heavily as she took away his cigarette. He let his hands fall instinctively to her hips and pressed his forehead to hers "Stress of work....everything I do isn't good enough. Yet none of them want to try and step up and actually lead properly." He muttered

Sigurd sat down next to Ivar and raised an eyebrow as he instantly smiled when looking at his phone "Who is messaging you so much Ivar?" He questioned then rolled his eyes to his brother's response "Oh come on Ivar, you have been smiling at your phone all night. It couldn't possibly be a girl could it?" He asked before laughing loud as Ivar fell silent "A girl?! Interested in you?! I guess you really are dumb and forgot all about what that Freydis girl did to you!"

She smiled and just swayed with him gently. “You are a great leader Ubbe. Take your time, breathe, trust your gut. You’re doing great”She reminded him, kissing him gently “Come on, before Ivar throws a tantrum.” She murmured.

Ivar glared at Sigurd muttering a warning before pulling himself up and using the chairs to get around the table to his older brother, ignoring Hvitserk trying to stop him and his mother telling him to sit down getting all the way over to Sigurd and landed a punch to his jaw right as the other two walked in.

Ubbe took a deep breath and nodded some "You're right....how did I get lucky enough to have you?" He asked quietly before giving her a quick kiss and went inside. He frowned though when he saw Ivar throw a punch at Sigurd and groaned "Ivar! Sigurd! What the hell do you think you are doing?!"

Sigurd laughed at his warning tone shaking his head some "I mean come on Ivar, we all know Freydis got fed up of you not being able to put out, why would another woman want you?" He taunted but looked at him in shock as he fell over from his punch "Is that how it is brother?" He said before he stood up and tackled Ivar to the floor ignoring both his brother's and his mother's protests

Carmen frowned and stepped over trying to break them up instinctively like she would have her own brothers and managed to pull Sigurd up and away from Ivar, “stop. Stop. Stop.” She told him, just trying to keep him back enough that everyone could calm down but she hadn’t expected Sigurd to turn around to her and smack her across the face, shoving her back and letting her hit the wall. Ordinarily she would have been pissed.. but just seeing the look on Ubbes face she knew he would handle it.

Ivar fell with the first hit and tried to push Sigurd off but his brother has been a pro their entire lives at winding Ivar up to a point of explosion and where he didn’t care that his body wasn’t as strong as he’d like it to be. So that Ivar would throw the first punch and it would give Sigurd an excuse to beat the shit out of him.Even as adults they’d never learnt. He registered that Sigurd had been pulledoff but he couldn’t move then, just trying to lay still enough he could work out just how many bones were broken.

Ubbe frowned and quickly went to help Hvitserk pull Ivar away. Though when he saw Sigurd lay his hands on Carmen everything went red. He rushed to Sigurd and pulled him to the ground by his hair "Do not EVER put your hands on my wife again!" He yelled as he started to beat the shit out of him all of his pent up anger starting to flow out of him. The only reason he pulled back was because he heard Carmen yelling at him.

Hvitserk pulled Ivar back with the help of Ubbe and scolded his little brother a bit "You should have stayed calm Ivar, you know Sigurd does these things just to hurt you." He said quietly before he went to get a first aid kit

He grunted a little in response, laughing when he saw Sigurd in a headlock on the floor with Ubbe holding him down. “Stupid idiot.” He muttered, wincing as he felt his ribs go from sore to screaming in a matter of seconds when he simply shifted his weight, just laying back and watching the chaos, smiling to himself.

carmen frowned, allowing him to snap back at Sigurd for a couple minutes then grabbed his attention and made him get up, frowning when he simply grabbed her arm and dragged her out of the house and out to the car. “You’re not just leaving your mother to deal with that are you?” She asked him, frowning but got in the car when he told her to and just watched him.

Hvitserk frowned some as he came back seeing Ivar holding his ribs "Stop moving Ivar, we need to get you somewhere to set your bones." He spat before he went to help his mother with Sigurd

Ubbe quickly grabbed Carmen's arm as he stopped attacking Sigurd "Get in the car Carmen." He said sternly before he went back inside to clean up the mess they made and apologize to his mother

She sighed heavily and just leaned back watching through the window into the dining room seeing Sigurd shove everyone off and storm out to his car, driving off and then waited another ten minutes before Ubbe came out. “Is Ivar alright?” She asked him a little concerned. Although he shouldn’t have gone at Sigurd.... he knew much better than to go at Ivar, especially seeing as his sclera had been blue since he’d arrived so Sigurd knew from the get go that Ivars body was more fragile today even than normal.

He groaned a little, just trying to stay propped against the wall and watching his family, frowning as he watched Sigurd come back over and kick him in the leg for one last hit before storming oht and all Ivar could do was scream through gritted teeth.

Aslaug frowned yelling at Sigurd to get out before she went to Ivar and helped him get to the couch "Lay down Ivar, I'll call the doctor." She said softly

Ubbe sighed heavily as he helped Hvitserk clean the room before he said goodbye and left with Carmen. He took a deep breath before he yelled out in frustration "And he wonders why he cannot lead!"

“Oh yeah... I should be moving. This is such a good idea.” He spat, his temper cracking with all the pain, taking the morphine tablets Hvitserk passed him and eventually started to mellow out, resting back and staring at the ceiling “Where’s my phone?”

Carmen frowned and watched him. “Which one? Cause they’re both as bad as each other. Sigurd knew what he was doing. He knows your brother has no control over his temper.” She pointed out while he drove.

Hvitserk rolled his eyes and handed him the pain meds before he started to wrap up his ribs "Its on the table now shush, you need to set your damn rib." He spat while their mother sat in the dining room quietly "You owe her an apology Ivar...and we will both have dinner with her tomorrow night to make up for the disaster understand?" He told him seriously

Ubbe sighed heavily and sucked in his bottom lip before he spoke "They're both idiots, Sigurd needs to give up these foolish games and Ivar needs to get a hold of his temper. They are both adults now and they should act as such." He muttered before taking another deep breath to try and calm himself

Ivar shook his head. “I have plans tomorrow... I’m not cancelling them.” He muttered, groaning in pain and just kept laying back and staring at the ceiling, letting the rest of the night wash over him until his mother helped him up to his old room to lay down.

Carmen nodded in agreement, taking him to
Bed when they got home and just held him close. Too tired to get any action after all of that and a little sore on her back from where she’d hit the wall.

Aslaug sighed heavily as she helped Ivar to his room handing him his phone "It has been pinging frequently. Ivar please do not listen to your brother. You will find a beautiful woman who will love you properly." She said softly before she left him to it.

Ubbe got them home and went straight to bed to lay down. He was exhausted mentally by this point and just wanted a day without any drama from his family but it seemed that would never be an option.

Carmen turned to him and gave his hand a squeeze, “get some sleep. It’s been a long day.” She mumbled, curling up and turning the lights out.

Ivar texted max back finally and just continued to talk to her until he fell asleep as the painkillers were really kicking in

Ubbe woke up the next morning groaning quietly as he felt his stomach grumble from not eating the night prior. He sighed heavily and looked over to his right side seeing Carmen still asleep. He got up quietly seeing as it was 5 in the morning and made his way downstairs to try and make some breakfast for the two of them.

Max woke up the next morning smiling softly as she saw her phone lit up with a text from Ivar. She felt like a love sick teenager again and she didn't know why but she was falling fast and hard for the youngest Ragnarsson.

Carmen rolled out of bed at 6 when she realised the bed was empty, making her way downstream and skipped her arms around him from behind, moving his braids out the way so she could rest her chin on his shoulder. “What you making?” She asked him quietly, not bothering to ask why he was up so early. She was used to his strange sleeping habits by now

Ivar smiled as he lay there wide awake after a sleepless night of being in pain all over. “I’ll pick you up tonight. At 5:30. If the club tells you to work, just send them to me.” He sent her tiredly, reaching for his water bottle.

Ubbe smiled softly feeling her arms wrap around him once she had woken up "Mmm breakfast sandwhiches and some tea." He murmured turning to face her once he finished up "How did you sleep?"

Max smiled happily at her phone ae she saw his text and laughed lightly 'I'll make sure to let them know.' She replied before she got up and went to get ready for the time being

She smiled, kissing the back of his shoulder. “Better than I thought I would.” She murmured, taking a plate and sat down with him. “Rosa will be here this morning. She’s taking your suit to the dry cleaners to get it ready for the gala. So pick out which one or you’ll have to wear whatever I pick.” She told him as she sat at their kitchen table, much smaller and cosier than their dining room table.

He eventually managed to pull himself out of bed and leaned against his crutch, getting downstairs after a frustratingly long journey down the stairs, going to sit in the lounge and take a few more painkillers, only looking up when his mother walked in, passing him the two tickets for the ballet he’d bought. “Thank you.... what? Mother I’m not taking you.” He told her gently.

Ubbe moved to sit with her and gave her some tea "You think the grey will match your dress?" He asked knowing she liked for them to look matching when at big events like this

Aslaug brought Ivar his tickets to the ballet and smiled softly at him "Goodmorning Ivar....and who are these for?" She asked having taken them from his jacket pocket "Well if not me then who would you take to the ballet? I know you usually cannot stand the ballet."

Carmen smiled and nodded "That works." She mumbled around her food, yawning a little, "You do know that the three buffoons you love as brothers are not your responsibility.... No matter what your mother may say... They're all fully grown men who have to take care of themselves." She told him, having seen the stress on his face since last night, "You're gonna get worry lines."

He smiled some, shaking his head, "A young woman I'm seeing... In fact she's going to the gala on the weekend as well." He told her seriously, "Is breakfast ready yet?" He asked her curiously, managing to get up and make his way into the kitchen to get something to eat, starving after last night's failed dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back