• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Valhalla Awaits

Ubbe smiled softly at her and let her get the rest of her outfit while he looked around a bit. Once they got into the car her gave a nod and drove off holding her hand "Yes, how did it go?" He asked hoping to hear good news and get in a better mood

Max nodded softly biting her lip gently "I guess we do." She murmured before listening to him continue on about himself "It is usually the most powerful and dangerous men that are underestimated." She said softly watching him some "Sometimes you must reveal your power to show just exactly why they should fear you. It just must be at the proper time." She murmured before getting out of the car once they got to the restaurant

She frowned as she looked over at him, "They said that there is absolutely nothing wrong and there is no reason that I shouldn't be able to get pregnant." She told him quietly. "So I explained that surely there is... We've been trying pretty freakin' hard and I've been taking all the supplements and I've barely been drinking... Dr. Johlsson suggested that we have you looked at.... Because the most likely reason that we aren't having kids yet is that you are shooting blanks." She told him cautiously, watching him to gauge his reaction.

He smiled as he watched her, "You know... I think I like the way your brain works." He told her, getting out after her and taking his crutch from the driver, taking her inside the restaurant, telling them his name and followed the guy to a private booth all the way in the back, taking a seat opposite her and asking the waiter to bring themn a bottle of water first off, "Do you drink?" He asked her, glancing over the menu and passed it to her.

Ubbe tensed and took a deep shaky breath gripping the steering wheel so tight that his knuckles turned white "I...Ubbe Ragnarsson...do not shoot fucking blanks." He growled shaking his head some and sped up trying to get home as quickly as possible now needing to be alone for the moment.

Max blushed again and smiled more walking in with him and following to their booth. She gave a small nod as she looked at the menu "On special occassions I do." She said softly glancing over her menu meeting his intense gaze and quickly looking away unable to hold it from her nerves at this point in time "Do you drink often?" She asked curiously

She frowned and watched him. “Then what else is it gonna be? My god will you at least make an appointment and find out?” She asked him. “You don’t have to tell anyone but I would like to know because I don’t wanna waste years on trying to have a baby if it’s actually impossible.” She pointed out, leaning back.

He smirked. “More than I should. But that’s besides the point.” He told her, passing her drinks menu and leaned back just watching her carefully.

Ubbe took another deep breath giving a small nod "And if we go for adoption? They will have no mercy for me..." he muttered taking a deep breath before they pulled into the drive way. He got out and quickly went inside their house and into his study locking the door behind him.

Max smiled softly picking out a nice red wine and ordering it along with her food once the wairer came back to take their order. She bit her lip hard as she watched him noticing how he licked his bottom lip slowly as he stared at her "Your family is in the boating business right? Aside from the clubs." She asked softly

She grit her teeth and got out, heading straight upstairs to run herself a bath and put her dress away in the closet, texting their PA to have her get Ubbe’s dark grey suit dry cleaned and pressed for the gala, getting in the bath once it was ready and frowned when she eventually heard him coming in. “What the hell do you want?” She spat.

He smiled and nodded. “That’s right. My uncle Floki and my father started it years ago... the mains part is designingyachts for the super rich though we control a couple shipping yards as well.” He told her. “The company has been divided up between thefive of us now though.” He told her, not entirely sure why he was telling her everything rather than staying a closed book. Something about her he couldn’t keep his mouth shut around.

Ubbe stayed in there for a bit before he made his way up to their room sighing heavily as she immediately got onto him as he got into the room "I scheduled an appointment...its next week." He muttered to her as he entered the bathroom sitting beside the tub and pressing his back against it "If it is me....I'm sorry..." he said quietly

Max listened to him intently and smiled at him giving a small nod "Well that is very interesting. Do you all run seperate sections? Like someone runs your club, and another the ship yard?" She asked curiously while she let her foot brush his calf ever so lightly

She grit her teeth, flicking water at his back. “I don’t care. Do you not realise that? Whether it’s you me or both of us I don’t care. If we have to look at other means for having our children I don’t give a damn.... what I’m pissed about is how you’ve just behaved about it. Grow up Ubbe.... there are a lot of people who cannot have children and it is nothing to be ashamed of.” She reminded him. “There was no reason to yell at me like that.” She told him seriously.

Ivar smiled some, talking to her until he felt her foot on his leg and recoiled instinctively but whacked his leg on the chair as he did so, hissing in pain and grit his teeth but said nothing, just continuing to watch her until their food arrived and he started eating. “So when you’re not working what do you like to do for fun?” He asked her.

Ubbe sighed heavily giving a small nod "I know, I am sorry for my reaction it is just.....to hear you are the reason you can't produce an offspring for your significant other...I feel like a failure as a partner." He admits quietly staring at the floor some waiting for her to yell at him again or smack him round the head.

Max recoiled her foot noting how he got tense again and the pain in his face. She watched him as their meal came and gave a small smile "Well I am always dancing, whether at work or at home. I also like photography as well." She said softly biting her lip gently as she watched him intently "And what about you? What interests ans hobbies do you have?"

She frowned and looked over at him, "Look at me." She muttered, reaching over and tugging on his hair to pull him back, making him finally look at her, "I know... Trust me I wasn't happy about it possibly being me in the first place but I didn't scream at you or kick any fucking walls.... Whether we can have our own children or not, any children we do have, I know you will be the best father possible to them... Surely that is more than enough." She frowned, reaching up and cupping his face "Now go get the door cause I've just heard your mom's car on the drive." She told him.

He smiled at her some, "I work... and I come watch you at the club.... I drink and I work some more." He told her, "It keeps me busy, anything to keep my mind off the constant pain." He explained to her. "Do you enjoy watching the ballet?" He asked, pulling his phone up as it rang but hung up immediately and put his phone on silent, pushing it into a pocket.

Ubbe pressed his forehead to hers and gave a small nod pressing his forehead to hers "I love you Carmen." He murmured kissing her gentlt before he got up and sighed heavily fixing himself a bit before he went down and greeted his mother smiling some "Mor." He murmured hugging her tight

Max gave a small nod and blushed when he mentioned watching her. She frowned softly when he mentioned the chronic pain and gave a small nod "I love watching the Ballet just as much as I love doing it." She explained before biting her lip hard "Is the pain from your legs?" She asked curiously biting her lip softly "If you don't want to tell me please don't feel like you need too. I realize that is a very personal question to ask. I'm sorry.." she rambled

He smiled softer this time as he looked over at her. “My bones break very easily. They don’t take my weight really at all and even small things can cause breaks. Knocking into tables. That sort of thing. All my bones are susceptible but my legs.... they’re the most painful.... I’m not an addict... I only take what’s necessary but I know I have to be careful.” He told her gently. He would never usually tell anyone without snapping and being sarcastic but watching her he didn’t feel any kind of disgust coming off of her. Just genuine interest.

Carmen nodded and watched him go, sighing a little. She loved him to pieces but some days she wondered why she had chosen a man descended from a long line of strong powerful, proud vikings... some days it was just a pain in the ass.

Max listened intently to him and gave a nod slapping herself mentally for touching his legs "I'm so sorry if I hurt you when I touched your legs." She said softly but smiled wide when he told her not to worry. As their night progressed she knew she wanted to spend even more time with him. They walked out to the car once it got to be late enough and sighed happily.

Aslaug smiled at her eldest son and hugged him tight "Hello Ubbe, how are you?" She asked softly looking to the stairs seeing Carmen coming down and smiling more "Hello Carmen, it is good to see you."

She smiled going to greet her. “Aslaug, come on in, can I get you a drink?” She offered, heading to the kitchen with them but left Ubbe and his mother to talk when he started mentioning Ivar’s behaviour during the meeting.

she frowned shaking her head. “He knows better than that. Hvitserk mentioned he was struggling again today so perhaps it was only his temper....in any case, your father would have appreciated her insight on running the clubs... you will both be at my dinner tomorrow yes?” She asked him.

Ivar waves her off and smiled, enjoying his time with her, getting out to the car once the bill was paid and he leaned back. “Where do you live?” He asked her. “I have a dinner at my mothers house tomorrow... but after that I’m going to pick you up the next evening.” He told her. “And that’s not a question.” He smirked.

Ubbe smiled some and turned to his mother giving a heavy sigh explaining the situation with Ivar wanting her opinion on it. He gave a small nod and sighed a bit "Yes we will be there, what time is it?" He asked softly

Max smiled softly sitting close to him in the car giving the driver her address "Oh really? And what if I tell you I have plans?" She asked before giving a small laugh seeing the 'really?' face he gave her "Alright you caught me, will I need to dress up again?" She asked softly

He smiled. “I can guarantee you that you don’t have plans. At least not anymore.... don’t worry about the dress code. I’ll tell you on the day. I’ll pick you up about 6:30.” He smiled.

carmen came back into the room a little later, putting the cheese platter away and eventually they said goodnight to her and she took Ubbe up to bed. “You wanna book the Croatia holiday for just after the gala? We have no shipments coming up around thenexcept for the one Sigurd is taking care of.” She told him, getting into pjs and curled up in bed.

Max laughed lightly and nodded happily "Well here, you'll need my number." She said softly takimg his phone from his hand and quickly dialing her number so they had eachother's numbers "Well this is my stop." She said softly as they got to her little town home "Thank you for tonight Ivar....I had a very good time." She murmured before kissimg his cheek gently and getting out of the car

Ubbe got ready for bed after their dinner stripping to just his boxers and gave a small nod to her "That sounds like a good plan." He said softly before crawling into bed with her "I love you."

She groaned a little and curled in close to him. “Alright. I’ll book everything tomorrow.” She mumbled, pulling his arm around her. “Goodnight grumpy butt.” She smiled tiredly, drifting off slowly but surely.

Ivar smiled as he watched her go, getting home later that night and headed up to his bed, shutting his bedroom door and just shuffled towards his bed, barely making it onto the mattress before he was out cold, exhausted from the day.

Ubbe grumbled quietly and fell asleep with her. He woke up the next morning and groaned softly as Carmen threw open their curtains "Noo close them." He muttered pulling the blankets over his head

Max woke up that next morning feeling happier than she had in a long time. She felt a certain pull towards Ivar that she couldn't quite put into words. She got up and showered before getting ready for the day thankful that she had the day off.

Carmen rolled her eyes and went over, pecking his cheek and left him to it while she got an early start on the day, spending most of it doing odd errands plus getting her nails done and eventually in the evening meeting with everyone at the family home, walking in with Ubbe noticing he was in a rather sour mood since she’d got home to get changed an hour previous. “You okay?” She asked him

Ivar had woken up miserable and in pain, quickly deciding that it was going to be everyone’s problem by being an ass to Ubbe on the phone call about the shipments the whole time and then even more so when Ubbe mentioned that carmen would be at the gala but by the evening after several tries with painkillers it was finally subsiding and by the time he got to his mothers he was at least in a good mood, unaware how much he had posed off everyone else. But he would always get away with it with his mother. He sent Max a quick text to ask if she had received the gift he’d left her, having bought her a dressfor their Date tomorrow, planning to take her to the ballet.

Ubbe was in a very foul mood that evening after having to deal with Ivar in their meeting that morning. He grunted some and shook his head as he looked over at Carmen "I'm about ready to strangle Ivar, he kept interupting me during our meeting and telling the entire family how I would cause the end us." He spat not mad towards her but he needed to get it off his chest

Max smiled wide as she got through running her errands for the day. She came home to a nice box on her doorstep and raised an eyebrow. As she got inside and placed the box on her couch and opened it smiling when she saw the small note laying ontop of a beautiful black silk dress 'For tomorro, Ivar.' She blushed bright red and looked at her phone seeing she had a text from him asking about it. She quickly replied telling him that she loved it and thank you.

She frowned. “Not that I’m advocating for violence tonight. Not at your mothers family dinner.... but if you want to jump him later on you know I’m always down to drive so you can grab him.” She smiled trying to cheer him up. “Oh.... oh never mind I think I might see why.” She mumbled watching Ivar himself get out of his town car, leaning up on it and waiting til Hvitserk came to help him, getting him inside.

He let his brother lead him to the couch and sat down carefully, checking his phone once he was some kind of comfortable “6:30 pickup.” He sent her with a kiss and smiled at his phone some, glaring at Ubbe though once he saw him come in.

Ubbe frowned some holding her close to him and shaking his head some "Just because he is in pain doesn't mean he can take it out on us." He muttered and rolled his eyes as their mother went over to check on him instantly.

Aslaug saw Hvitserk helping Ivar into her house and quickly went to check on him "Ivar dear, are you okay?" She asked softly watching her youngest son intently

Max smiled softly at the text message and sent him a kiss face back before she went on with the rest of her night

She smiled shaking her head. “I never said it did... you’re grumpy this evening. I’m sure we can take care of that tonight. Oh I booked the villa we stayed in last year again.” She told him smiling, pecking his cheek and went to get him a glass of wine.

he frowned nodding. “I’mfine. When’s dinner?” He asked her looking down at his phone and smiled a little

Ubbe gave her a small smile and nodded softly "Sounds good." He mumbled before he let her got get them a few drinks. As she returned he took the glass of wine and thanked her quietly taking a sip

Aslaug sighed and stood up "Another thirty minutes." She murmured quietly before making her way back into the kitchen.

Sigurd noticed Ivar smiling at his phone and raised an eyebrow "Whats got you smiling so much?" He asked as he plopped down on the couch next to him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back