Literature Using OCs from Original Stories

HeathertheGamer

Princess of Everything
Does anyone on here use OCs from short stories/novels that they write? I find that when I do this, my partner and I will RP situations where I have to think "What would *OC* do in this situation?" and it helps me to develop my characters further in the actual story I'm writing.

Oh, I definitely do!

In fact, looking back, I think I usually use OC's from my stories in RPs... I think only once have I created a character specifically for an RP!

I pretty much exclusively use one character that I have been writing about/working on for the better part of two years now.

I actually kinda do the opposite... I take OCs I've made for RPs and start writing stories based around them.

The closest I've done to using OCs previously created are characters in fan fiction I write >.>

Oh, I have one I used. Mostly my characters are from tabletops, whether PCs or NPCs of those.
It's been a while since I wrote anything. However, I do use one character for games. Because he's too badass not to RP as.

I definitely find that RP helps me add depth and character to my OC. You never know, with rp, which direction things are going so it's always interesting to put my OC in those situations to see how they react. I learn so much.

Most of my OCs are from my original stories as well. :P
While I haven't gotten around to RPing with them with anyone on this site, I've definitely noticed that RPing with them lets me develop them further.

I've only made one character specifically for an RP (not counted random side-characters).

Oh yeah, totally. I'm an aspiring novelist, so of course I make a ton of characters for my novels. When I find that I'm not really doing anything useful with my characters novel-wise, I simply take them and use them as characters in games. Science-fiction games get my science-fiction characters, fantasy games get my fantasy characters, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back