Other Unpopular Opinions

unpopular opinion: burgers suck compared to chicken sandwiches. i know it was wildly overhyped, but i think popeyes' spicy chicken sandwich is the best fast food chicken sandwich you can buy rn.

Back to your regularly-scheduled unpopular opinions...

Swing axles on cars are fine.

If you spin out/roll a swing axle car, it's your fault, not the car's.

I think the "LGBTQ Friendly" tag should be for 1x1 RPs. It being in non-romance group RPs seem weird to me since I always thought that allowing LGBTQ rep is a given in group RPs since it'll be wrong to gatekeep them from a group RP

I think the "LGBTQ Friendly" tag should be for 1x1 RPs. It being in non-romance group RPs seem weird to me since I always thought that allowing LGBTQ rep is a given in group RPs since it'll be wrong to gatekeep them from a group RP
The LGTBQ Friendly tag was changed to just LGTBQ recently. ;3 *stealth updates*

I think the "LGBTQ Friendly" tag should be for 1x1 RPs. It being in non-romance group RPs seem weird to me since I always thought that allowing LGBTQ rep is a given in group RPs since it'll be wrong to gatekeep them from a group RP...

... I mean I still think that putting it in group RPs does little to normalize it for the general public.
Just curious... but the tag ISN'T in the 1x1's? Because that seems kinda backwards. I imagine romance RPs are way more common in 1x1, and group RP is less likely to host a mass romance. The element of being LGBT really isn't pertinent outside of courtship, so it really doesn't matter what a character's sexuality is if the RP isn't about romance.

"Hey, what's the plot of this RP?

"We are trying to stop alien brain-suckers from invading the mall."

"Okay, but my character is a lesbian"

*stares in confusion* "... cool story , bruh. So can they fight or what?"

Just curious... but the tag ISN'T in the 1x1's? Because that seems kinda backwards. I imagine romance RPs are way more common in 1x1, and group RP is less likely to host a mass romance. The element of being LGBT really isn't pertinent outside of courtship, so it really doesn't matter what a character's sexuality is if the RP isn't about romance.

"Hey, what's the plot of this RP?

"We are trying to stop alien brain-suckers from invading the mall."

"Okay, but my character is a lesbian"

*stares in confusion* "... cool story , bruh. So can they fight or what?"
It's in both I believe.

tbh i dont think it should be taken down bc lgbtq+ is more than just about sexuality: identity and gender come into play too. i wouldnt want to join a rp that doesnt have a lgbtq tag bc i play trans ocs and theyre part of the lgbtq+ community (what else does the "t" stand for ?) mc being trans has nothing to do w romance.
i cant imagine anyone who would restrict characters to just cisgendered ones but i reckon theres ppl who have their preferences so...i guess the question is "will mc be received well in ur rp ?"

tbh i dont think it should be taken down bc lgbtq+ is more than just about sexuality: identity and gender come into play too. i wouldnt want to join a rp that doesnt have a lgbtq tag bc i play trans ocs and theyre part of the lgbtq+ community (what else does the "t" stand for ?) mc being trans has nothing to do w romance.
i cant imagine anyone who would restrict characters to just cisgendered ones but i reckon theres ppl who have their preferences so...i guess the question is "will mc be received well in ur rp ?"
I'm not saying that, I'm saying it's odd to be in group RPs since I feel like it's a given to welcome them in a group especially when the premise doesn't revolve around it. For 1x1s it makes sense for me.

Last edited:
Also I don't like the idea that the LGBTQ+ need a special tag in a group RP to be accepted in. I feel like it should be an unwritten rule to welcome them. The tag feels like it's segregating them and breeds fear and paranoia. They're free to keep the tag as well it's just my opinion at the end of the day.

Also I don't like the idea that the LGBTQ+ need a special tag in a group RP to be accepted in. I feel like it should be an unwritten rule to welcome them. The tag feels like it's segregating them and breeds fear and paranoia. They're free to keep the tag as well it's just my opinion at the end of the day.
well, i think it's there for people that are uncomfortable with it. Because not everyone is. So I guess making it so that one HAD to accept it to roleplay on the site would be a form of gatekeeping, no?

Anyhow... ima dip out of the convo here.... cause i think we're in danger of having strayed too much off the topic

The Twilight Saga has a lot of issues. Like... A ton. Both the books and the movies aren't great. BUT.... They're still fun to watch.
I feel like the movies had that rare chance to improve on the books by adapting the story very loosely. They could have written in better dialogue, changed parts of the story, just OMITTED THE CREEPY OBSESSIVE RELATIONSHIPS... But they didn't and I'm honestly kind of disappointed.

Sorry to butt in here... Just thought I'd share my two cents on this response. I feel like the tag is more so there to let people of the LGBTQ+ community know that's a relatively safe place to rp. Like, the community still faces a lot of hate. Even here. By including the tag, you're letting them know that that rp is intended to be a safe place for them to write for and create LGBTQ+ characters.

Like, I totally get what you're saying. It should absolutely be an unwritten rule. But even so, that doesn't mean everyone is going to follow it. At least by having the tag, the GM can let others know they won't be ostracized for anything based on sexual orientation or gender identity. That's the way I see it at least.

Sorry to butt in here... Just thought I'd share my two cents on this response. I feel like the tag is more so there to let people of the LGBTQ+ community know that's a relatively safe place to rp. Like, the community still faces a lot of hate. Even here. By including the tag, you're letting them know that that rp is intended to be a safe place for them to write for and create LGBTQ+ characters.

Like, I totally get what you're saying. It should absolutely be an unwritten rule. But even so, that doesn't mean everyone is going to follow it. At least by having the tag, the GM can let others know they won't be ostracized for anything based on sexual orientation or gender identity. That's the way I see it at least.
I understand that. Still feels wrong but what could you do?

Anyways back to the actual topic...

I don't know why this seems to be an unpopular opinion... But I hate RP posts that shows you a sentence, phrase or word in another language then right next to it is the english sentence... It's just unnecessary text and just feels like you're just showing off.

The Twilight Saga has a lot of issues. Like... A ton. Both the books and the movies aren't great. BUT.... They're still fun to watch.
I feel like the movies had that rare chance to improve on the books by adapting the story very loosely. They could have written in better dialogue, changed parts of the story, just OMITTED THE CREEPY OBSESSIVE RELATIONSHIPS... But they didn't and I'm honestly kind of disappointed.

I think unlike other book to movie adaptations Twilight suffered from the fact that books released only a year or two prior to their respective movies. So there wasn't any time to rewrite plot lines to improve then or make them better on the big screen. They were riding the hype train to big box office sales by doing the bare minimum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back