Other Unpopular Opinions

I don't throw shade on anyone, but I will join in and said that think asking for role play samples is very obnoxious and annoying. Unless you are some literature major or a language major it is annoying if you want to judge someone else's ability to write and have fun, and whoever came up with this concept should really rethink what they want in role play to be, because it is fun and not a job.

Second thing, and it is a bit more of a personal experience, but it seems like role play is full of grammar nazis, and that makes it less fun to try and find anyone who wants to role play now. Not just in english, I see it happen too in my native language.
I always ask and give writing samples. This is simply to ascertain whether the other person and I will be compatible in our writing styles. This is coming from over twenty years of roleplaying. It saves a lot of wasted time if you and the other person are of differing expectations. Because trust me, without this safeguard in place, I have had SO many people drop from roleplays I have hosted (back when I did GMing), and when I still did 1x1. I don't ask for samples so I can critique them and make them feel bad if it wasn't what I was looking for. I simply tell them that we will not be be compatible. Sometimes they take that well. Other times, I get something of a rude reply. But most of the time, they just disappear and go about their way. But in the long run it will have saved all parties involved a lot of wasted time.

Also, don't think that I am always on the denier's end of this. I have submitted samples and not have been accepted into RPs that were of a literacy above what I had expected. Otherwise, I've also been denied because what I was submitting was more than what they wanted. And that is within their right to ask and deny. So... all in all. It really helps to do this for the betterment of everyone's expectations.

I don’t get the hype surrounding Zendaya. I’m sure she’s a nice person, but everyone seems to worship the ground she walks on and I just don’t get it.

I don’t get the hype surrounding Zendaya. I’m sure she’s a nice person, but everyone seems to worship the ground she walks on and I just don’t get it.

Celebrity worship in general is odd to me. To me, they're merely regular people who happen to be wealthy and well-known.

Celebrity worship in general is odd to me. To me, they're merely regular people who happen to be wealthy and well-known.
Good point. I mean, I like certain celebrities, but worshiping the ground they walk on is just weird. (Also, most of my favorite celebrities are dead)

Good point. I mean, I like certain celebrities, but worshiping the ground they walk on is just weird. (Also, most of my favorite celebrities are dead)
I'm one of those folks who tends to get all fangirl-y around celebrities I know and love (mostly from TV), and even I agree that folks take it too far.
In cases of meeting celebrities irl, have the common sense of treating them like a person, aight? Or as much as you can, considering the circumstances.

Having a random person you don't know tell you "I love you" is probably a wee bit difficult to reply to.
Go for "I love what you do". Everyone likes to hear that.

I always see it more as checking the style rather than the level/ ability. I prefer to write in paragraph style and I also prefer to write with others who write in a similar way. You might not have as fun if your writing styles don't match (and if it's something that matters to you). So, I think it's less about skill level and more just like hey, do you play the same way as I do? Oh, awesome! Let's play together. And less "you're not good enough for me" lol.
I'm one of those folks who tends to get all fangirl-y around celebrities I know and love (mostly from TV), and even I agree that folks take it too far.
In cases of meeting celebrities irl, have the common sense of treating them like a person, aight? Or as much as you can, considering the circumstances.

Having a random person you don't know tell you "I love you" is probably a wee bit difficult to reply to.
Go for "I love what you do". Everyone likes to hear that.

I am going to agree with Daisie, I have met almost all of my favorite musicians over the last few years of my life, both for free and paid, and honestly, I don't get people are worshiping them like some they are some god. Most of the bands and singers I have met with are just down on earth and really nice to talk to on fan level and I love when they want to spend time with the fans.

But I also agree that weird when people say they love a person they have never known on a personal level.

ok I guess I'll go. I hope you guys are ready for the most unpopular opinion of all time

I mean this is really radical.

I.... I don't like sour cream and onion chips. I just don't. or the cheddar and sour cream.

Not sure how unpopular these are but whatever;

Older/niche fandoms are better than newer/popular fandoms, purely because of the fanbase. Newer/emerging/popular fandoms are usually flooded with people who are just there for the hype and have no idea what they're talking about. In slightly older fandoms, like Soul Eater (~2006) or Puella Magi Madoka Magica (~2013 I believe), most of the hype has died down, and thus the less dedicated people have emigrated to other fandoms, leaving the true and dedicated fans in a smaller but more closely-knit fandom.

Fortnite is a good game, but the fanbase is what ruined it. The mechanics, graphics, gameplay, and concept are arguably better than some battle royale-style games out there, but like other games, it became a trend among children who are - more often than not - sore losers.
Additionally, saying you like/play Fortnite should not automatically group you with the obnoxious kids who scream and curse and default dance at random.

There is no one Doki who is better than the others, and all of this "Natsuki/Monika/etc is best girl" insanity is really just disagreeing with others for the sake of disagreement (yes, I know it's a meme). They are all unique but equally valuable.

Starting arguments over the internet is pointless.

Tik Tok deserves to be banned. It's toxic.

Hatsune Miku is not the best Vocaloid just because she is the most popular, nor are the Cryptonloids/Crypton Vocaloids the best because they're the most popular group. UTAUs, vipperloids, and non-Crypton Vocaloids can be just as good in quality, design, personality, etc. Kasane Teto or Otomachi Una, for example.

There are no stupid people, only uneducated people. The only truly "stupid" people are those who refuse to be educated.

My ex HATED nutella

and that's why we broke up

summer is the worst season...unless you're in alaska
Well, I don't eat Nutella from the JAR because its REALLY GOOD. I do it because I'm sad. lol. 🤣
I mean, I like Nutella, I really do. But there are other hazelnut-chocolate spreading creams that are better in my opinion.
Btw, summer is really the worst season of the year. I can't handle the heat and the sun, it's too much.

I mean, I like Nutella, I really do. But there are other hazelnut-chocolate spreading creams that are better in my opinion.
Btw, summer is really the worst season of the year. I can't handle the heat and the sun, it's too much.
Oooo share these other hazelnut creams. I want to know what they are.

Okay...let me get prepared for this... *dons bombproof suit and hides in fallout bunker*

Legend of Korra isn't terrible. If anyhting, it's amazing it's not a complete and utter trainwreck after all the nonsense Nickolodeon threw the team's way. And also, comparing a sequel to it's predeccessor is usually unfair. There are cases where I find it acceptable, like when a sequel makes mistakes the predeccessor avoided, but still. A sequel should be good in it's own right, and doesn't need to suprass the original.

I’m not sure how unpopular this is but I think Tik Tok is way overrated and gets/got more hype than really necessary. Especially since a lot of the “sides” are pure toxic and there’s always some sort of drama no matter what “side” you’re on. The cosplay parts of it are cool but most of the big cosplayers also have Instagram which is a better platform imo

Okay...let me get prepared for this... *dons bombproof suit and hides in fallout bunker*

Legend of Korra isn't terrible. If anyhting, it's amazing it's not a complete and utter trainwreck after all the nonsense Nickolodeon threw the team's way. And also, comparing a sequel to it's predeccessor is usually unfair. There are cases where I find it acceptable, like when a sequel makes mistakes the predeccessor avoided, but still. A sequel should be good in it's own right, and doesn't need to suprass the original.

I have often found the dislike of Legend of Korra to be unfair and, at times, cruel. It obviously doesn't compare to the original because there is nothing that came after it (in the Avatar universe at least) that has come close to capturing its brilliance, but they did as well as they could with Legend of Korra, especially given the inconsistent future they had with every passing season. That and the themes of each season, though flawed, were impressive in their own right. Book Three of LoK is probably my favorite because it was the best the series was. Also Zaheer. Dude was freaking incredible as a villain: he was layered, had his own ideals that felt justified, and, of course, the voice actor killed it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back