Other Unpopular Opinions

My brother recommended the Sweeny Todd movie to me a long time ago. I looked it up and saw it was a musical. Instant NOPE.

I don’t mind Tim Burton movies, but a musical is a hard pass for me too. See I can tolerate some songs here and there, but having one every 5-10 mins is too much.

I don’t mind Tim Burton movies, but a musical is a hard pass for me too. See I can tolerate some songs here and there, but having one every 5-10 mins is too much.
Nightmare before Christmas is like a big thing that a lot of people in my age group (and younger) are into. Especially the alternative crowd. Its like "Basic Alternative". I'll admit, the claymation is cool. But there is waaaaaay too much singing. Not a fan.

Most of the movies I watch aren't ever leaning to any kind of signing. So it's not something I have to run into a lot. But OMG, do I hate the christmas season with all the specials that come out. and it never fails, that some relative puts it on when you visit for the holidays

Nightmare before Christmas is like a big thing that a lot of people in my age group (and younger) are into. Especially the alternative crowd. Its like "Basic Alternative". I'll admit, the claymation is cool. But there is waaaaaay too much singing. Not a fan.

Most of the movies I watch aren't ever leaning to any kind of signing. So it's not something I have to run into a lot. But OMG, do I hate the christmas season with all the specials that come out. and it never fails, that some relative puts it on when you visit for the holidays

I think I’ve seen that around, especially around merch at Hot Topic. I haven’t watched it though. I can only guess that it’s a Halloween themed Christmas movie or vice versa. I’d probably leave the room as soon as it plays. Find something entertaining on my phone or talk to other relatives.

I actually don’t mind claymation and animated movies. I think the Isle of Dogs or Fantastic Mr. Fox are good ones. Just not into the musicals, if it can be helped.

...But OMG, do I hate the christmas season with all the specials that come out. and it never fails, that some relative puts it on when you visit for the holidays
That brings me to another unpopular opinion:

I hate Christmas.

It is easily the most burdening, harrowing, stupid holiday. Not only is it a convoluted regurgitation of pagan rituals stolen by christian dogma and then twisted into a capitalist moneygrab. But it is super depressing and inconvenient for people who don't have the money to get other people gifts because they feel obligated to do the same as everyone else, lest they look like bums.

That brings me to another unpopular opinion. I hate Christmas. It is easily the most burdening, harrowing, stupid holiday. Not only is it a convoluted regurgitation of pagan rituals stolen by christian dogma and then twisted into a capitalist moneygrab. But it is super depressing and inconvenient for people who don't have the money to get other people gifts.

Yeah, we don’t really give gifts anymore at our house. Just outgrew it, I guess. We just kinda eat and catch up, but I see where you’re coming from with the gifts. I’ve seen the horrors of black friday and those last minute Christmas shoppers. I think for me the most annoying thing about it is the Christmas songs that play non-stop on the radio.

Yeah, we don’t really give gifts anymore at our house. Just outgrew it, I guess. We just kinda eat and catch up, but I see where you’re coming from with the gifts. I’ve seen the horrors of black friday and those last minute Christmas shoppers. I think for me the most annoying thing about it is the Christmas songs that play non-stop on the radio.
I've worked in various retail stores over the years, including Walmart (and Hot Topic, incidentally).

Fuck Black Friday

I've worked in various retail stores over the years, including Walmart (and Hot Topic, incidentally).

Fuck Black Friday

Yikes. I don’t envy that. I’ve seen people line up at Best Buy at Thursday night and I can only imagine what happens when the stores open. That’s a whole horde situation.

Yikes. I don’t envy that. I’ve seen people line up at Best Buy at Thursday night and I can only imagine what happens when the stores open. That’s a whole horde situation.
Yeah, it's really stupid the things people will do to pay slightly less for crap they didn't even have a need for in the first place.
#consumerism
Anyhow... gonna dip out, as I'm pretty sure we're way off topic by now. lol

That brings me to another unpopular opinion:

I hate Christmas.

It is easily the most burdening, harrowing, stupid holiday. Not only is it a convoluted regurgitation of pagan rituals stolen by christian dogma and then twisted into a capitalist moneygrab. But it is super depressing and inconvenient for people who don't have the money to get other people gifts because they feel obligated to do the same as everyone else, lest they look like bums.

Mood.

I'm not a fan of it either.

Could be unpopular or maybe not, I don't care. Mortal Kombat Annihilation, as bad as it was, is better than the recent 2021 release.

Could be unpopular or maybe not, I don't care. Mortal Kombat Annihilation, as bad as it was, is better than the recent 2021 release.
^Defo gonna be unpopular. Most people (myself included) think the new one basically fished the cinematic element of MK out of the sewer. The first oen was ...okay. I guess for it's time. But the second one.... they need a new word for how bad it was. lol

But again, these are all opinions, afterall.

^Defo gonna be unpopular. Most people (myself included) think the new one basically fished the cinematic element of MK out of the sewer. The first oen was ...okay. I guess for it's time. But the second one.... they need a new word for how bad it was. lol

But again, these are all opinions, afterall.
Lmao. I am curious about these most people because about 90 percent of the people I talked to thought it was hot garbage but well 🤣

Lmao. I am curious about these most people because about 90 percent of the people I talked to thought it was hot garbage but well 🤣
It definitely was not an A list movie. But most movies made off of video games are pretty bad. Bloodrayne, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, Pacific Rim, Street Fighter... all pretty bad. But considering the first two instances of the MK movies, this one rose above that incredibly low bar. lol

It definitely was not an A list movie. But most movies made off of video games are pretty bad. Bloodrayne, Resident Evil, Monster Hunter, Pacific Rim, Street Fighter... all pretty bad. But considering the first two instances of the MK movies, this one rose above that incredibly low bar. lol
👍

I don't understand the obsession with youtubers. Especially the "influencers". These people are literally nobodies with a camera that post up their spiel and opinions like it means something. I've watched a few different people because friends show them to me, and one thing that seems to be common across the board is how narcissistic and self-important they think they are. It's like, "Bruh, who even ARE you?"

The worst ones are the youtubers that essentially battle it out with reaction videos to one another, arguing with the other guy without them even being present to defend themselves. It's just so absurd and asinine that this culture is so commonplace.

Another thing that is kind of on the same level of ridiculous is Twitch streamers. You are paying good money to watch someone else play a video game and add a commentary? What the actual fuck?

Last edited:
Fish aren’t easy pets to take care of. A lot of people think they’re good as “starter” pets, but you have to be mindful of the conditions of the tank - temperature, light, nitrate and ammonia levels. They’re fragile and easy to kill accidentally, especially with over-feeding. But they’re gorgeous creatures and really calming to watch and worth it to care for.

I don’t find book or film reviews helpful. I think it takes away from the subjective experience of seeing/reading something for the first time. It takes the fun out of it like spoilers do. Plus, sometimes, these so-called experts don’t actually know what they’re talking about context-wise or are just trying to flex on some intellectual superiority complex. I’d rather form my own opinion than rely on someone else’s in terms of entertainment.

I actually like The Tower of Druaga. I know it's a very infuriating game, but I love the concept and I really enjoy the characters. Plus Gilgamesh (aka Gil) was one of my first video game crushes - that's why he's my avatar.

Another unpopular opinion: I like mustaches better than beards. I wear a mustache without a beard, which is somewhat unusual for a millennial.

Fish aren’t easy pets to take care of. A lot of people think they’re good as “starter” pets, but you have to be mindful of the conditions of the tank - temperature, light, nitrate and ammonia levels. They’re fragile and easy to kill accidentally, especially with over-feeding. But they’re gorgeous creatures and really calming to watch and worth it to care for.

Personally I like pets you can interact with. Fish you can't really so all the maintenance is just not worth it to me.

Personally I like pets you can interact with. Fish you can't really so all the maintenance is just not worth it to me.
It really depends on the fish and its character. From personal experience, I know that my betta fish used to recognize me. He'd immediately come close to the glass of his aquarium when he sensed I was home. He followed me around, allowed me to pet him and even came to the surface to nibble at my finger. Some ppl teach them to jump through hoops! Naturally, when it died, I cried a waterfall. RIP Charlie. Fish are really misunderstood. They have a great memory and are surprisingly intelligent little buggers.

It really depends on the fish and its character. From personal experience, I know that my beta fish used to recognize me. He'd immediately come close to the glass of his aquarium when he sensed I was home. He followed me around, allowed me to pet him and even came to the surface to nibble at my finger. Some ppl teach them to jump through hoops! Naturally, when it died, I cried a waterfall. Fish are really misunderstood. They have a great memory and are surprisingly intelligent little buggers.

I had a similar experience with a carnival goldfish. The thing iss almost as long as my forearm and he iss incredibly intelligent. Recognized who someone was and even held great memory on who irritated him earlier that day. Splashed my dad several times because my dad tried to pet him and the fish was being cheeky because my dad didn't give him a treat first. Once you give the fish a treat, he'd start recognizing you more and more, and it was super adorable. Sadly, he lost his orange luster due to being in a closed off dark room with hardly any sunlight filtering through, so he's extremely pale. But he is really cool.

Anyway, an unpopular opinion....

Despite it's downfall later in the seasons, I really like Voltron: Legendary Defender. If you couldn't tell by the profile picture.

"Coran, Coran, the Gorgeous Man!"

I'm not sorry...

The boyfriend from Midsommar wasn't that bad. Douchy maybe, but not malicious. Just garden variety trash.

Last edited:
-Cheese, aside from a select few that are extremely mild/basically tasteless, is absolutely disgusting. Edit: also dairy products like COTTAGE CHEESE??? cream cheese, sour cream, etc
-A lot of meat products are overrated, especially various beef cuts. (I don’t like fat from meats, and a looottt of beef cuts have a lot of fat. I have a really weird issue with the texture it has, makes me gag)
-Musicals really aren’t all that good??? Catchy, but I haven’t found one I really enjoyed.
-Oatmeal raisin cookies are delicious.
-A glass of milk by itself isn’t all that great, and milk in general honestly.
-Why lawn care is so important?? Like you want the front of ur house to look the exact same as your neighbors? I’ll pass. Sounds expensive and a waste of time.
-A lot of American holidays are really over rated and I’d rather avoid celebrating them with my family if I could.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back