Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point was more that "people shouldn't break all taboos" is a pretty common opinion (even among the "it's fun to break the rules" crowd).

Heck, I'd argue that the fact that social taboos exist in the first place shows that it's hardly an unpopular opinion to defend them. After all, if most people would break them they wouldn't exist in the first place.
Well no, of course there are certain taboos that shouldn't be broken, but that wasn't really what I was talking about. I was talking about legal relationship taboos, where people are always like "well that must be interesting", "I bet that's fun in the bedroom" and "aren't you lucky to have such a unique dynamic". No, our relationship cannot just be summed up by rampant kinky sex. Stop it.

Fuck those tiny ass fonts, they aren't 。・:*:・゚☆ aesthetic 。・:*:・゚★,。 or whatever, they are just pain in the ass for blind bats like me.

Trump isn’t bad, people just hate him because they disagree with him.

You can literally say that about any politician in existence including that one from germany lmao. Yes, if you agree with someone then what they do to carry out their ideals will not be "bad" to you, that's more of a non-opinion really. So while I'm sure to someone who does not disagree with say, targeted travel bans, non-inclusivity, family segregation, etc., he might not appear "bad," he certainly does to those who do. It's only as if there is no objective concept of good and bad and it is idiotic we keep on childishly using the terms as if there is. Hey, maybe that's an unpopular opinion.

If I wasn't so lazy I'd intentionally crudely photoshop tears onto a convenient picture of me, but I'm afraid you'll have to imagine I did so.

The latest Pokémon game was boring.

I returned it within 2 days, not getting far lol.

Hmm, I'll take a stab here.

When I took Poly Sci in college the first question the professor asked was "Should we all be allowed to vote on everything?" Everyone in the class nodded and firmly believed they should - except me. Yep, I fostered the unpopular idea. However, by the end of the debate, they changed their minds. Then the teacher asked them to open their books. I announced the page she was going to ask us to look at. (I did use personal experience for my side of that debate. I was a non traditional student arguing with traditional.)

Now this isn't quite to topic, but I did support an unpopular idea. Another school debate a teacher asked us to do was the argument about slavery - pro or con. You know, a sort of student version is the debates that rocked Congress in the 1860's. I was new to the school and had a step family from the Deep South, where I had just lived fr 6 months following an evacuation during a military coup. Now guess what my accent was. Yep, southern drawl. So I took the side that noone else would take. I took the side of the South. Me - against a team of 8. News flash - I won the debate. (Please forgive me for that. But the other team didn't do their research. I might have acted my part a little too well.)

Cloudy, overcast, and rainy days are far superior to sunny, breezy ones!
7c63283168b819a38876f8a3bc6e8428.gif

... Never. XD

Also, RPNation's light mode > dark mode. And this is so odd for me to admit, because normally I prefer the dark mode in other websites/applications.
Heathenry! Burn the witch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back