Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
-> I liked Halle Berry as Catwoman
-> I still like Ezra Miller even after he choked a woman
-> I like Sakura Haruno as a character
-> Ecchi is stupid
-> If you're going to make big tit women in video games like Final Fantasy, stop making them look like twigs with watermelons glued on - that's not proportional and if they're realistic representations of people then it's not accurate
-> White male protagonists in literally everything need to stop, it's boring
->In Black Panther, Killmonger did NOT have a good message or goal - tired of edgy people saying he did when he was clearly advocating violence
-> If you try to act like anime characters in real life you are a cringey person and shouldn't ever do it again
-> I like Joy and Sunny on The View
-> Girls in anime are misrepresented or underrepresented entirely and forced to be side characters or exist only for sex appeal, it's annoying

Last edited:
BNHA/MHA isn't that good.

Shield Hero isn't that good.

Seven Sins isn't that good.

Harem anime aren't that good at all

If you like underage-looking girls, no matter their actual age, you belong in a jail.

Sleep isn't for the weak.

Objectively speaking, the corona virus has been the best thing to happen to the world since it's weeding out the weak and the stupid.

BNHA/MHA isn't that good.

Shield Hero isn't that good.

Seven Sins isn't that good.

Harem anime aren't that good at all

If you like underage-looking girls, no matter their actual age, you belong in a jail.

Sleep isn't for the weak.

Objectively speaking, the corona virus has been the best thing to happen to the world since it's weeding out the weak and the stupid.
I loathe harem animes... I can't express how uncomfortable they make me feel 😂

I also can't express enough that people don't get a free pass on lolis just because they're 100 years old lore wise. They look like children, its still weird when you fetishize them...

Here's just a few of mine recently:
  • Not everything about you has to be beautiful. It's okay to have flaws but that doesn't mean that your flaws are wonderful or awesome; they are just part of being human.
  • As a teen/young adult it's normal to feel attracted to people of the opposite gender or to feel attracted to no one in particular. That doesn't instantly make you gay/bisexual/asexual.
  • It's normal to feel insecure and uncomfortable about your body or to wonder what it'd be like to be the other gender. That doesn't make you transgender/non-binary.
  • If you want a conversation, have a conversation. Don't cherry pick what you do and don't want to talk about - write a blog in that case and disable comments.
  • Culture/religion isn't an excuse for cruelty and abuse if you live in the Western World.
  • When it comes down to it, people are inherently more comfortable around people similar to them.
  • Taking ages in a shop right now because you can't decide what to buy whle coughing is not only selfish, it's dangerous.
  • If you're going to care about people's experiences and are concerned about people being ignored, don't ignore someone's experiences just because it goes against your narrative.
  • Americans are generally childish and entilted (as a people) compared to the Brits :)
Just a quick vent of mine :)

Popular Opinions is further down the aisle.

Ohoh I have another one:

Using overly pompous structures does not help assert your intellect in an argument and, on most occasions, results in quite the opposite by making it appear as though you are attempting to flummox the reader into relinquishing your debate, proving your statement is merely shallow and rests on easy to denounce allegations.

everyone has such intense opinions. o.o

- movies aren't always worse than the books (closer to most of the time)
- the melody is more important than the lyrics
- having a phone with photos of your vacation doesn't mean you're a photographer
- feeling starved is better than feeling overstuffed :>
- there is a thin line between narcissism and self-confidence

everyone has such intense opinions. o.o

- movies aren't always worse than the books (closer to most of the time)
- the melody is more important than the lyrics
- having a phone with photos of your vacation doesn't mean you're a photographer
- feeling starved is better than feeling overstuffed :>
- there is a thin line between narcissism and self-confidence

Thank you for justifying my fasting.

I loathe harem animes... I can't express how uncomfortable they make me feel 😂

I also can't express enough that people don't get a free pass on lolis just because they're 100 years old lore wise. They look like children, its still weird when you fetishize them...

Thank you for this 😭 I hate the whole Loli and Shota (fucking looking at you Black Butler...) culture. Even if they aren't children they look like children, so people should stop glorifying a sexual relationship with them.

I also just... Dislike ecchi and such as an anime genre, that is where all of the horrible depictions of women come from, at least in my experience.

• the 9-5 setup most people live and strive for is a waste of our lives. i understand the necessity of having to work hard and that putting in effort is the only way to get good results out of anything. but we shouldn't have to spend the majority of our lives at jobs, away from home and away from family. we should be able to work from home. it angers me all the time that the vast majority of the world's population is forced to live that 9-5 life in order to survive and is wasting their lives. though i'm happy for those who like their jobs, i think life would be better if we could do more work from home, like we did in the past.
  • i think chubby women and men are super attractive. i also think that men aren't given enough love/support when it comes to their bodies and people need to remember that men can have self-image issues and hate their bodies like girls, too.
  • on the same kind of note, though, i think when people who fight for body positivity and acceptance say that people who don't find overweight bodies attractive are bigots, they're wrong. somebody is not fat-shaming if they aren't personally sexually attracted to fat people. you can't make someone attracted to people they're not. there are plenty of people out there (LIKE ME) that think chubbiness is beautiful.
  • i love modern cartoons (like steven universe, gravity falls, over the garden wall, etc) but kind of hated adventure time. i didn't think it was good. for some reason it really annoyed me and i can't really say why
  • fullmetal alchemist is the king of anime and once you watch it, you have seen the peak of anime. you will never see another anime that comes even close to as good as it.

Last edited:
It's okay for southerners to fly the confederate flag.

Canon is not exactly fact and if we were never allowed to take inspiration from something and add our own ideas we wouldn't have art, architecture, fashion, music...

I disagree. And headcanon is not inspiration as I see it; it is the insertion of personal desire upon another work. Use that inspiration to make something wholly your own instead.

I disagree. And headcanon is not inspiration as I see it; it is the insertion of personal desire upon another work. Use that inspiration to make something wholly your own instead.
It can be that, but sometimes headcannons can be the stepping stone between reading and writing stories of your own. It was certainly how I got into creative writing and I'm likely not alone there.

Also, it doesn't really do any harm as long as people don't try and monetize it.

It can be that, but sometimes headcannons can be the stepping stone between reading and writing stories of your own. It was certainly how I got into creative writing and I'm likely not alone there.

Also, it doesn't really do any harm as long as people don't try and monetize it.

You can feel like that. Just because I think like I do does not mean I am attacking your writing lifestyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back