Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Your character being the sole survivor in a village massacre for no reason is extremely unlikely and inherently paints your character as a special snowflake. You better have a hell of a reason that suggests otherwise
  • Musicals are the shit
  • Pansexuality can't logically exist without fetishism (unless you're using the old definition, which is the modern word omnisexual)
  • Saying a lot of words in an internet argument doesn't mean you're smarter.
  • The most pretentious RPs require at least 3+ paragraphs per post. Stay away from those
  • "Which sex are you attracted to relative to your own?" If the sexuality in question doesn't answer that question directly, the sexuality doesn't exist.
  • Nonhumans who look down upon humanity in fantasy worlds are dumb. Humans run the damn world and they can probably kill you too
  • Teenage grand mages are RP cancer
  • Xbox easily has the worst platform out of the main 4 (PS, PC, XB, NT)
  • Constant cussing, insults, and rage ranting doesn't make you an intellectual or someone who "tells it like it is." It makes you a faux-intellectual asshole
  • Furries are nowhere near as bad a people say (I'm not one myself, but still)
  • Most Furry art is adorable (not the NSFW stuff though)
  • Rem is best Waifu
  • The R34 of any underage character is pedophilia
  • Men should be able to listen to pop music or female non-rock artists without being judged or being called gay
  • Gay is only an insult if you're insecure about your sexuality, which is typically a sign of repression anyways
  • Being eliminated from a platform (like Youtube or Twitter) isn't censorship
  • If the 1st Amendment allows you to say it, the 1st Amendment allows someone else to call you an idiot for saying it
  • Traps are only gay after you find out they're a trap and still take it
  • Dating a Pre-op trans woman doesn't make a man gay
  • Person of Color is the same as Colored Person (Please just call me a black guy, for god's sake)
  • Drawing lewds of an underage character, but portraying them as an adult or however many years in the future, still means you're sexualizing a minor. It's like telling a 10 year old you can't wait until they turn 18
  • Just because the victim is a boy doesn't mean it's any less heinous.

Last edited:
I find that if you're trying to condescend me on something I've studied and experienced personally, just because you're 18+ and I'm not, I'll automatically call you out for being a dipshit. Some things are age sensitive, but if you're going to "educate" me when you yourself know nothing on the subject, then we have a problem. You're not my superior, you're just an absolute man-child who has nothing better to do.

I don't care if you're a "nice guy" who "meant no harm." You hurt me, end of story. You don't get to decide on that.

Getting hung up on others' successes is completely up to you, but prepare for a hard truth if you tell them you're not fond of it/them. Success looks different for everyone, and maybe you are successful in what you tried to do. It's just not the same for you as it is for someone else.

Telling someone "I'm not perfect" unironically implies we thought you were perfect at some point. No, you're not. In fact, I quite despised you.

I think it's okay to write on unpopular opinion threads when you're mad about something/something. I'll probably come back and check this tomorrow and hand out apologies.

Fragile masculinity is attractive when used ironically.

I find it extremely trashy to try and solicit your religion when I say I'm agnostic, even AFTER I say I'm not interested. I don't KNOW if there's a higher power, okay?! Let me find out for myself!

I don't know why I have to say in an unpopular opinions thread that schools' "Zero Tolerance" policies are helpful. Why are some people against it? I don't understand? Or maybe I'm just in a place where hating zero tolerance is a thing because "self-defense should go unpunished" or whatever. That doesn't belong on school grounds to begin with, yet here we are. Use your words! We learned this in third grade!

Being cynical is okay, but outright insulting someone for attempting to help you is a dick move. Sure, they did it for themselves more than for you. But they still helped, right?

The thinking emoji doesn't make you look smart.

“You’re in my house, therefore all your possessions belong to me and you get no privacy” isn’t only damaging to a child, but also violates their rights and parents who religiously go through their child’s shit and pulls that crap on them needs serious help. I’d understand if there’s real suspicion of something that could hurt the child going on, but every parent who does this takes it to an unhealthy extreme and it shouldn’t be considered “___ struggles” it’s fucking mental abuse and will stress your children out forever and heavily affect them as they go into their adult life.

I've been a Christian for over ten years and I think it's fine to swear as long as it's not bringing anyone any emotional harm. I like to use it for comedic relief like "oh shit, there goes my croissant"

If you deliberately don't use someone's preferred pronouns, regardless of what said pronouns are, you are an asshole.

I wouldn't say we are assholes. Yes, I am one of those who don't use those preferred pronouns.

They have the right to be called whatever they want or feel like, but I also have the right to not say it. How do I avoid or prevent from being that douche that will cause trouble? I simply try to avoid coming to those pronouns and simply use the name of the person. I have to say though, I've rarely come across a person in real-life who has a preferred pronoun.

Now, I didn't quote you to start beef or something. Just wanted to clear up from my point of view. Just an exchange of point of views.

Last edited:
Your character saying something, and then moving on to say something else in the same RP post is a form of godmodding. You can't have multiple simultaneous conversations with the same person after all, so making two statements that my character has to respond to is forcing my character to ignore one of them.

How do I avoid or prevent from being that douche that will cause trouble
If you're deadset on not using their preferred pronouns for one reason or another, then I guess the best solution is to simply avoid using pronouns altogether.

They have the right to be called whatever they want or feel like, but I also have the right to not say it.
And your point is? I mean, I technically have the right to use "shamu" as a nickname for a fat person regardless if they want to or not but that doesn't really make it any less of an asshole thing to do.

And your point is? I mean, I technically have the right to use "shamu" as a nickname for a fat person regardless if they want to or not but that doesn't really make it any less of an asshole thing to do.

The difference lies on simply whether you say something to insult someone or not. By not calling them by their preferred pronoun and calling them simply by their name there is no damage done as contrary to calling someone fat "shamu" is straight being rude.

By not calling them by their preferred pronoun and calling them simply by their name there is no damage done as contrary to calling someone fat "shamu" is straight being rude.
But why is there "no damage done" when it's about ignoring trans people's preferred pronouns or using their birth name but calling a fat bloke Shamu "is straight being rude"?

But why is there "no damage done" when it's about ignoring trans people's preferred pronouns or using their birth name but calling a fat bloke Shamu "is straight being rude"?

Alright, how am I offending them by calling them their name if they don't know I am avoiding their preferred pronouns? Are you saying I need to be forced to call them by what they prefer instead of going neutral and calling them by their name? Is that what you're saying?

Alright, how am I offending them by calling them their name if they don't know I am avoiding their preferred pronouns?
I might have misunderstood your previous post, and if I did I apologize. Now, my point was that some trans people choose to use a different name that fits more with their gender identity and that referring to those people by their birth name despite knowing that they prefer to use a different name is a bit rude. However, if they still use their birth name then naturally you can still refer to them as such.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back