Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pro-Slavery... and no, it's not because of race.

It would work as a punishment for criminals that "couldn't" receive a death sentence.

Pro-Slavery... and no, it's not because of race.

It would work as a punishment for criminals that "couldn't" receive a death sentence.

You sure? I'd use all death row inmates for scientific and medical testing. It would be more accurate than animal testing.
Capital punishment is too expensive, what with all the appeals and such, let alone actually acquiring and maintaining the equipment. And besides, it doesn't even work as a deterrent. In the U.S, states that permit the death penalty have no significant decrease in crime rate from states that only have life w/o parole.

While we're on this morbid subject, I'd like to pitch the idea of all people being mandated to donate their cadavers to science after death. No reason why not, really. It would solve the organ black market problem, as well as speed up research by a substantial degree. You don't need that corpse after you die, but someone else might.

I'd like my corpse some other place, y'know. Maybe in a coffin buried beneath a cemetery, or maybe an urn so my cultists can continue to worship me as their messiah.

Well, of course you could still do that. Usually they only take a few tissue samples and give the rest to your next of kin,
Nah. I thought we were all about bodily autonomy here in the West? The State shouldn't be compelling people to relinquish their bodies to science or whatever.

Why not, though? Corpses are just piles of tissue that can be of great use to actusl living people.
Yeah, but some people don't think that way. And by the time most people die of old age, their organs are usually next to unusable. Just seems unnecessary.

I never understood why people don't want to commit their bodies to science. Who cares what happens when you're dead, you're fucking dead, you incapable of having an opinion anymore, shut the fuck up, get out of here. If you're dead, you had your chance to have a say on what happens in the material world.

I personally would like to donate my body to a medical school so I can have a hungover med student digging through my corpse, I think that's the funniest yet practical thing to do for a corpse. I hope that med student gets fuckin F too and the proffesor just rights an F on my chest in red sharpie.

BTW, the only cults that believe bodily intrusion violates sanctity are Islam and Judaism, plus some fuckin viking bullshit.

Buddhism, various Christian sects (eg, Anglican, Church of England, Church of Wales, Episcopal, Church of Scotland, Greek Orthodox, Roman Catholic, Baptist, Methodist), Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, Free Church (Salvation Army, Quakers), and Jehovah Witness doctrines do not state an intrinsic objection to autopsies. Shinto, Taoism, and Confucianism do not prohibit autopsies. In addition, Hindus have no intrinsic objection to autopsies, but their belief is that all organs must be returned to the body, and those who practice Sikhism believe that the funeral must not be delayed. Not surprisingly, views about autopsies often parallel views about organ and tissue donation.

Yeah, but some people don't think that way. And by the time most people die of old age, their organs are usually next to unusable. Just seems unnecessary.

Organs aren't the only things that can be donated, you know. Besides, my 90 year old grandfather who had 3 strokes donated some organs when he died.

Really, society has a weird relationship with the dead. They aren't a health hazard, they have great value to scientific and medical fields, and your grieving family doesn't need your empty shell any more than your ghost does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back