Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
1: If your post blatantly ignores the plot, developing your own character and interacting with other characters, it's not a good post. I don't care if it's 30 paragraphs long with perfect grammar and punctuation if it does nothing but explain your character's internal monologue about their dumb tragic backstory.

2: Copyright is stupid. More things need to be public domain, and out of the hands of greedy rich people.

3: Edgy characters aren't necessarily bad, but most of them are poorly written and just end up being whiny douche-canoes. Bad writing does not necessarily equal bad character concept.

4: Every kid should be taught at least 2 languages. It's so helpful, and it's harder to learn as an adult.

5: Allistic parents and weird charities need to back the hell off with the metaphors for autistic people. If I'm compared to a missing child or cancer patient one more time, I'm going to make all of them missing children.

6: Salad doesn't get enough credit. It's not just some gross diet food you eat when you're feeling pretentious. It can be goddamn delicious and there are so many kinds.

7: If you start a sentence with "No offense" or "not to be racist", then you should stop yourself right there. End of story.

8: Cream soda is better than root beer.

9: I'm a hipster abomination, but honestly i like pop music better than slam poetry.

Welp, looks like we'll just have to deal with them foreign knock-off toy chains. Let's hope my hand doesn't fall off this time from all the harmful chemicals.

Disney, mostly. They've been holding everything hostage for years because technically Mickey Mouse should be public now. Copyright was supposed to protect artists, but it currently does little but line the pockets of CEOs.
I still don't see the bad part. I mean, copyright still protects artists as much as it ever did.

Also, while I agree that Disney might have taken it a tad bit too far, it's hardly a reason to call dislike the concept.

I still don't see the bad part. I mean, copyright still protects artists as much as it ever did.

Also, while I agree that Disney might have taken it a tad bit too far, it's hardly a reason to call dislike the concept.

I'm not against copyright in principle, i'm against it in practice. Besides, art is still dominated by the rich and powerful, and lesser known artists are still starving.

Aw, man. There's this great Chinese factory-sludge jello you can get here in can. Vanilla, strawberry, or peach, but they each taste very much the same because the jello is minutely sweet or flavoured, but there's chunks of lychee in them

Aw, man. There's this great Chinese factory-sludge jello you can get here in can. Vanilla, strawberry, or peach, but they each taste very much the same because the jello is minutely sweet or flavoured, but there's chunks of lychee in them

That sounds so good! Lychee are one of my favorite fruits, but no one sells them in America. The local Japanese and Korean grocery has lychee candy, though.
Really, they're so underrated.

That sounds so good! Lychee are one of my favorite fruits, but no one sells them in America. The local Japanese and Korean grocery has lychee candy, though.
Really, they're so underrated.
I know right!? I so frequently have to explain to people what that fruit is, and they take a look at the shell and go "Ew, no thanks." Granted, don't know what I can mix with them, but they're great on their own

But yeah, hard to get them here too. There are chain-shops(?)/supermarkets that sell them, but only when they're in season. Managed to get some a few months ago. So good.

Why dinosaurs are considered a 'childish' interest is baffling to me. I mean, in what way is a vast and diverse reptilian population that now completely no longer exists NOT the most amazing and fascinating subject to talk about?

Well, you're the most disappointing adult.

I was offered alcohol/drugs as a teenager and young adult and refused every time. Good thing considering that there is a family tendency toward alcoholism. If you're able to resist all pressure to use substances like that... you're the opposite of a disappointment.

I was offered alcohol/drugs as a teenager and young adult and refused every time. Good thing considering that there is a family tendency toward alcoholism. If you're able to resist all pressure to use substances like that... you're the opposite of a disappointment.
It was a joke, but thanks for the life lesson.

Dreams are meaningless. They may be fun, scary, surreal, or even very relevant to real events. However, they most definitely aren't a vision of the future or some other sort of supernatural wisdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back