Other Unpopular Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hall Kervean Hall Kervean
Depends on how the discussion goes down.
If it's a lot of "Fuck you, bitch" and "You're a fucking retard," then you'll get the thread closed. Which, granted, is a pretty big risk when arguing abortion. Insert *shudders from last argument over that topic* here.
If it's just arguments about ideas, and not about the people themselves, it's fine. Pretty sure anyway.
Very true.
But this is the internet.
They're very quickly interchangeable.
This is RPN, granted. So the interchangeability takes longer.
Part of this may just be the fact that I don't want to argue. I'm under a mound of schoolwork on day 2 of school.

Very true.
But this is the internet.
They're very quickly interchangeable.
This is RPN, granted. So the interchangeability takes longer.
Part of this may just be the fact that I don't want to argue. I'm under a mound of schoolwork on day 2 of school.

I'm sorry I had to break in when I don't know

SANO MY LITTLE BABY DON'T BE SAD MOTHER LOVES YOU

I like certain songs by Nickelback as well, but mainly for the tune... the messages are a little off to me.

Patrick Stump's voice is the most beautiful out of the lead singers of the emo trinity.

I like certain songs by Nickelback as well, but mainly for the tune... the messages are a little off to me.

Patrick Stump's voice is the most beautiful out of the lead singers of the emo trinity.

I'm partial to Gerard Way myself, but that's only because I used to be that weird edgelord teenager who told everyone I was a vampire, and a soldier for the MCRmy. So much cringe I just learned to embrace it over time.

I'm partial to Gerard Way myself, but that's only because I used to be that weird edgelord teenager who told everyone I was a vampire, and a soldier for the MCRmy. So much cringe I just learned to embrace it over time.

That sounds really sweet. I never got that far due to being a crazy zealot for a while... sooo I currently have a cross around my neck and black nail polish as I listen to music.

Gerard Way looked really cute in Revenge era makeup.

I really despise the word "daddy" to describe boyfriends and male crushes. It has incredibly creepy vibes, even if it wasn't intended to be creepy.

I really despise the word "daddy" to describe boyfriends and male crushes. It has incredibly creepy vibes, even if it wasn't intended to be creepy.

I would sooner use the word "Sir" or "Mistress". At least then I'm reminded more of a boss than of the abusive thing that I had to call a father. If I ever mumble "Dad" or "Daddy" to someone I like... get me away from that person; I'm drugged.

Emotional abuse is as damaging as physical abuse, if not more so.

Last edited:
I haven't encountered more than a small handful of people in my life who shared the following views.

1: The world can be effectively understood in terms of software and hardware.
For example: "Earth" = the physical planet that doesn't care whether we exist or not. "World" = the human concept of the planet which varies from person to person and is subject to myriad forms of inaccuracy.

2: Identity is software while physical structure is hardware. Necessary infrastructure, such as bathrooms and most medical facilities, are designed to accommodate hardware needs and should primarily be designed with these functions in mind.

3: Social structures are software and should be constructed, operated, maintained and updated with all related software issues in mind. This would include the software concept of gender, along with social mores and other associated expectations, as opposed to the hardware concept of sex, which is decided by currently existing anatomy.

4: The world is not overpopulated. The population is poorly dispersed and the resource transportation infrastructure is pathetically insufficient to the need, even if it wasn't being interfered with by various factions and socially regulated forces.

5: Without children the world ends, world being the human concept of the planet. Without us, that concept ceases to be.
5-A: That said, the methods utilized in caring for and raising children seem to have become far worse after birth control became popular.
5-B: It seems to me that those who do not expect a child or do not want a child will not be prepared to bond with and care for a child. However, this in no way should excuse them from the responsibility to shoulder the consequences of their actions.
5-C: Children are not a burden. They are a resource from a sociopolitical standpoint as well as an economic one. As with any resource, they must be refined. This involves committing resources to converting them from dependents into providers. This process is the original function of parenting at its primal root.

6: The earth is bigger and stronger and more adaptable than we are raised to believe. It is able to handle whatever we throw at it. It can wipe us out with the equivalent of a burp. It seems a terribly dangerous form of arrogance to believe the reverse. Please note, however, that I do not believe that humans should be stupid or careless. We are a smart species and we should remember not to soil our own drinking water.

And, now that I've lovingly planted a lightning rod in the fertile soil of my own scrotum... let the bolts of counter-opinion and analysis rain down!

Those eyes freak me the fuck out man, not gonna lie.

Any artstyle for any form of media is, ultimately, excusable, as long as it works with the tone and age of the media in question.

What isn't excusable is the fact that Dick and Normie is designed purely with the thought of relying on fucking memes and edgy cynicism to carry itself. It's soullessly, shamelessly cashing in on the modern zeitgeist of mindless 'lolrandumb' humor, vulgarity masquerading itself as art, and the thought that that makes it 'realistic'.

To anyone in the FantasyRP board I'm sorry, please don't hate me for saying this.

But I feel like a lot of things on the fantasyRP board are uncreative, copy and paste or just....Unexciting.

To anyone in the FantasyRP board I'm sorry, please don't hate me for saying this.

But I feel like a lot of things on the fantasyRP board are uncreative, copy and paste or just....Unexciting.
While it's certainly prominent in fantasy RPs, I do see it in pretty much every genre of RP.

Dead people are perfectly safe to be around (this is backed up the WHO). They may stink and look gross, but they're not a biohazard. They don't even need to be disposed of right away. Just bury them in the dirt or cremate them. Corpses are nothing to be afraid of.

Also, in the same vein, embalming/preservation is stupid and only exists to fuel the egotistical desire to be beautiful after death. You're dead, get over it.

Now in a completely different vein, I think Romance is an overrated part of RP. I know so many people who would quit a perfectly good RP just cause their character didn't get paired off fast enough. It's so stupid.

While it's certainly prominent in fantasy RPs, I do see it in pretty much every genre of RP.
Yea but from someone who plays DND and writes fantasy books my main problem is that like they don't make giant worlds or they make continents that haven't been found but restrict the player and won't allow them to RP exploring them.

Also another thing I have is that all these RPs I see they don't add other races, they just add sub-races of humans, like in fantasy you have creativity you can't just make human counterparts to real world humans, it comes off as lazy and uninspiring.

Like ok if you're going to have only humans don't just make them like real world counterparts, make them different. Make them have different abilities and language and customs and such.

Personally I like when fantasy has different types of races like DND and Elder scrolls.

But yeah, I see what you mean.

Yea but from someone who plays DND and writes fantasy books my main problem is that like they don't make giant worlds or they make continents that haven't been found but restrict the player and won't allow them to RP exploring them.

Also another thing I have is that all these RPs I see they don't add other races, they just add sub-races of humans, like in fantasy you have creativity you can't just make human counterparts to real world humans, it comes off as lazy and uninspiring.

Like ok if you're going to have only humans don't just make them like real world counterparts, make them different. Make them have different abilities and language and customs and such.

Personally I like when fantasy has different types of races like DND and Elder scrolls.

But yeah, I see what you mean.
I absolutely agree with you. All I'm saying is that isn't exclusive to Fantasy rps.

1. I would prefer to read a one-line well-written post to a many-paragraph unreadable one.
2. I can't get into kpop because it's hard to sing along. Literally the only reason.
3. Tieflings, man. Just.. teiflings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back