• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Universe 9244: Heroes and Villains

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

StrayTheCat

Traveling Adventurer
An RP in which we all try to build a collective universe of superheros and supervillains, similar to the Marvel Universe and the DC Universe, except with only original characters in their own universe.

Rules:

1) Please post at least once a week. I myself know how busy life can be, and its fine if you miss a week or two, but please do try to let someone know if you might be gone for a while from this RP that way anyone's characters who are currently interacting with your characters will be able to proceed with the RP.

2) No killing off other characters without the user's permission. This is kind of obvious, but unless the user has expressed their permission for their character to be killed off, generally assume that you shouldn't kill them off. This rule also extends to side characters related to their character(Say for example Character A is friends with a local police officer, or Character B has a love interest with a certain citizen), however this doesn't mean you can't inflict harm upon them. Side characters may be harmed, kidnapped, etc by others, just don't kill them without knowing for certain that everyone is cool with it in general.

3) No god mode. If your not sure of what I mean by that, don't make a character that is absolutely perfect in every single way and does everything correct the first time, all the time. It's boring. Even superman has flaws and failures. Please include at least one weakness with your initial character sheet, or if you can't think of anything specific, then a counter strategy against your character. Your character can have multiple powers/abilities, just make sure that there are weaknesses or strategies that be used against them.

4) No NSFW or gore. Horror characters are fine, people may be killed off, and romance is fine, but don't go into detail about it on either subject.

5) At least have 3 sentences per post. I understand that sometimes people have writer's block or not much might be going on at the moment, but even just including the character's current thoughts and feelings or how they are reacting to other characters should be able to fill up three sentences.

6) This one is sort of a case by case basis, but in general mind controlling powers or powers that enable control over others are fine. Just like the killing rule, make sure if the user behind the character your character is about to control is okay with it, and don't push it too far. I am aware "too far" is vague, but if your unsure about it being too far, just make sure there is a way (or multiple ways) for the mind control to be broken.

7) Try to maintain a consistent lore with everyone. It may be difficult as I'm going to allow everyone to be free with whatever characters they want to create, but as long as there isn't any major and/or extremely obvious contradictions. Even if there are, we may be able to explain it away if both user's of the characters can come to an agreement/explanation behind the contradictions.

8) Everything will be canon unless stated otherwise. If you want to have a non-canon event with your character, that's fine, just state [Non Canon] in your posts or something like that so everyone knows that stuff with your character isn't canon right now.

9) Have fun! If you aren't having fun, what's the point? Anyone can leave and come to the RP as they please, just give a heads up so that any characters interacting with your character can move on with the RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back