• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Undertale, trying to live a normal life! (Open!)

Papyrus

“COME BACK SOON!! I’LL BE HERE WAITING TO HANG OUT AGAIN!!” He frantically screamed after Frisk as she made her hasty retreat.

What had just happened? Was it something he said? The human had barreled out the door without even finishing their pasta! Papyrus sighed. He knew it was just too good to last. He hoped that Frisk would stay true to her word and return soon for their day of reuniting and seeing Mettaton. Maybe she would be right back from doing her important thing really fast! ‘Hopefully.’ Their reunion had been so brief and all too soon, he felt all alone and incredibly bored already.

“Well I suppose I’ll have to clean up on my own.” He sighed and looked towards his brother. “I’ll leave the pasta here with you okay? Be sure to eat it all, you’ll need your energy of when Frisk returns, then we all can solve puzzles and meet Mettaton together!” The skeleton placed the giant pot of spaghetti near his brother and smiled, picking up Frisk’s discarded bowl.

While washing the dish in the kitchen, the skeleton heard yet another knock on the door. “Frisk?” She was back already? ‘Probably to sample more of my delicious pasta!’ He thought proudly to himself. He bounded to the door to answer, only to find someone he had never seen before.

“Ah, hello!” He greeted the small, white-coat donning stranger with a smile. “What brings you here?” Was this a friend of Sans’ from Grillby’s? He’d never seen them around Snowdin before. Ah well, he was always welcome to the possibility of making a new friend!

@MoonLegend101 @TheGossipLink @Burkschase

"He-elo. have yo - u seen Und-yne?" Alphys swallows notically. " Do you know where I a-a-m?" She asked the tall, weird skeleton.

@THEGREATPAPYRUS

Last edited by a moderator:
Papyrus

The skeleton scratched his head. Undyne? Why was a friend of Undyne’s at his home? ‘This is the opposite of where Undyne lives!!’ He was a little confused about the stranger, to say the least. Regardless, Papyrus smiled at the lost stranger.

“Well Undyne lives in Waterfall, my bespectacled visitor! Which is decidedly not here.” He pointed to the snowy town to the left. “Right now, you’re in Snowdin! But where you want to go is,” he pointed to the right to the entrance of a cave, “in there. That leads to Waterfall, where Undyne lives!”

The stranger was visibly nervous and Papyrus felt a little bad about sending her off in such a state. He patted her shoulder gently.

“Don’t worry! It’s practically a straight line to Undyne’s home! Just walk through Waterfall for a bit, then past the garbage dump and that’s where her house is! You can’t miss it because it looks like her face!” He mused aloud wistfully. “I too would like to remodel my home into my image but, my brother says that ruins the surprise of me living here. And why would I deprive anyone of such a great surprise! NYEH HEH HEH HEH!” He walked back to his room and came back with a map.

“I drew this myself, but you can keep it! I have plenty more for myself!” The skeleton pointed to a green line on the map. “The green line leads to Undyne’s home!” He handed the map to the stranger. “Tell Undyne that the Great Papyrus says hello!” He hoped the stranger made it to her destination safely and waved the stranger on to their journey.

@Burkschase

"Where is my mind! I- I - I'm Alph-h," She became embarrassed and ran into the forest. She ignored the creepy cave out of embarrassment. She wan't scared of it, but not willing to go in a black cave without food, warmth, or a powerful light. Especially with no apps to see where she was.

@THEGREATPAPYRUS

Papyrus

The skeleton was even more confused now than he was before. The stranger ran in the exact opposite direction of the cave. This “Alph” person didn’t seem to have a very good sense of direction, even with a map in hand. And a darned good map at that, he had worked hard on it. With that map alone “Alph” should be able to find their own way out of the forest which was chock full of other helpful monsters like Dogamy and Dogaressa, not to mention big clearings to get your bearings.

“That 'Alph' person will be just fine!” He was happy he gave her the map, although it was a pretty clear cut path through the forest, it could get pretty confusing with all the puzzles involved. He shut his door and went back inside to finish cleaning and wait for Frisk’s return. Maybe he'd indulge in some of Mettaton's show while he cleaned, too.

Just then he had the most brilliant idea! 'I'll call Undyne to pick her friend up!' How was he possibly so smart? He left a message on Undyne's cellphone detailing the stranger and where they went. 'Just extra insurance.' He thought to himself, 'To make sure that stranger ends up alright.' He sat on the couch next to Sans satisfied with his good deeds and flipped to Mettaton's quiz show on the TV, sure that Undyne could handle it from there.

@Burkschase @Yonsisac

Frisk

The ghost girl didn't miss a beat, telling Frisk her theory. It made sense to the human, what else could possibly mess around with Determination? Maybe Flowey was trying to RESET...if that was the case, what would happen if he succeeded? Frisk quickly brushed away such thoughts. There was no reason to go overboard with thinking, not yet. When Chara mentioned splitting up, the human didn't know how to feel about it. Doing so would allow them both to cover more ground to find the flower, but at the same time...Frisk didn't want to loose the ghost. Not because she grew attached or anything, but because by keeping Chara around the human could keep an eye on her. Though admittedly, it did feel odd when the ghost wasn't around.

It was the last addition of 'but', that caught Frisk out of her thoughts. 'But' what? Did Chara not want to split up?...or could she not? For whatever reason that may be. But something in the human's gut was certain that heading to the Ruins would lead them to the anomaly, so Frisk ignored it. "
No, don't worry about it. I have a feeling we'll come across that weed soon." Woah. The girl never called Flowey a 'weed', unlike Chara. The human did notice her expression was a little...dark? Angry? Maybe she was just getting swept up in the moment, but...

@Noivian

Nova

"I sure can! I'd be happy to help you!"

Nova smiled widely a those words, sighing to themselves. It was a relief to have someone here who didn't want to fight her the minute they saw her. The more the flower talked, the more Nova seemed to relax about the interaction... until he made that odd face and his voice took on a scary quality. Despite his evil grin and the raspy voice, Nova remained undisturbed in their happy smiling.

At least, on the outside.

Internally, Nova was ready to end all this. This flower, he didn't mean to help them. He was taunting them. They should have stepped on Flowey initially. However... Nova didn't have a guide. So while this flower meant her harm, they knew they could just as easily end the fragile plant's life. "Sure, you can come with me!" Nova responded, still happily smiling. "But how are you going to come with? I don't have a flower pot, and you don't have legs."

@BetaNymph

Chara

Chara gave a small nod, continuing to float along. She didn't like this feeling of unease. There was something wrong here... Flowey shouldn't have this much determination unless he had a human soul as well... But the only living human Chara knew of in the underground was Frisk. That left Chara at one shocking conclusion: there was another human in the underground. Keeping behind Frisk, Chara allowed herself a wicked smile. Perhaps she could latch onto them if they gained enough LOVE...? Would they be able to see her as well? There were so many interesting possibilities.

Silently, she followed along behind Frisk, trying to float higher to gain a better view of what's up ahead. But there were trees in the way, and Chara wasn't able to see the weed anywhere, nor whomever he may be talking to. For now, she'd keep her suspicions to herself. They'd discover what was going on in due time.

@TheGossipLink

(Good thing I play a lazy and prone to sleep character, or else I would be in trouble for being so late with responses. xD But I'm still very, very sorry, especially to my Papyrus roleplay partner! o: )

sans.

Sans was pleased that he had once again induced a bit of a chuckle from his brother with his pasta puns. Heh. Papyrus was so cool, always, well... being his bro. He was satisfied with his success, but knew better then to push it when it came to these sorts of occasions. They were very rare anyways, so he knew to take what he could get when the other one showed any sort of amusement towards his hilarious jokes. Plus, it was still amusing to tease Paps with puns of any kind, and to see his brother's priceless reaction. He still listened as the other skeleton started to go on about how he and Frisk would do so many activities together, and the shorter one merely listened in a sort of satisfied way, though every single one of them sounded tiring, and not so much for him. Oh well, he would be fine to sit back and watch or snooze while they did stuffs, like he usually did anyways. His eyes were half lidded, and he was getting close getting into a napping state, even though it couldn't exactly be called sleeping.

Sans was still staying partially aware, though, mainly because of the kid. He wasn't about to zone out or take a snooze when this kid was around, and he kind of was curious to stay up and listen to the kid and his brother talk for now. After all, Frisk was definitely bringing out the best in the other one. It was kind of nice to hear his brother this excited again, about anything really. His bro was just too much sometimes, but always was cool to listen to, that was for sure... even if sometimes he fell asleep while the other one talked to him. Maybe that was why they didn't have too many long winded conversations anymore, but oh well, they still managed sometimes. Sans listened in a relaxed way to the kid responding to Papyrus' excitement of going to meet Mettaton the robot. He had never taken too much interest in the robot's shows, except maybe to watch the kid go up against the robot, but even then he wasn't really worried about either side. After all, he was aware somewhat of the fact that the kid could seemingly never die to anybody. It only made sense since they were the anomaly, after all. So he usually only watched the show with his brother when the other one wanted to, no matter what was on. It was cool to do so, with his bro. So needless to say he didn't have much interest in going to meet the robot thing, but kind of liked it when his brother got so excited about it, and the kid at first seemed to be enthusiastic about it too.

But... something was off. The short skeleton noticed this immediately about the kid's tone, but he didn't react to it yet, until Frisk said she had to go do something... or apparently something came up. When this statement was said, Sans slowly opened one eyelid fully to peer at the kid, who all of a sudden hurry to leave, and soon the other one opened too. Just what? This kid kept getting stranger and stranger, no doubt about it. He was sure that this wasn't as innocent as the kid made it out to be, and indeed it was pretty obvious how forced their statement was. What could have come up? All the kid was doing was talking to Papyrus the entire time, right? He watched as the kid scooted closer and closer to the door of their house, until she slipped out with a few rushed words. Sans just tiredly winked at her before she left. "see ya, kid." Well, that was that. Honestly, though, he was getting tired of trying to figure out that kid by now, really tired. Let them be mysterious and weird if that was just the way they were. He would watch and go along with the flow as always, and keep an eye on the kid especially while waiting for the eventual end of the timeline. It was kind of hard to figure out anything at this point, and he didn't want more tiring stuffs right now. He felt so, so tired.... but he couldn't help but notice Papyrus' sigh when the kid left.

He felt a bit bad for his brother, that the other one had to have such a disappointment of Frisk leaving already, just when the other one was starting to become much more cheerful. He was kind of annoyed at the kid for this reason too, but whatever. It didn't matter to him anyways... even though it did for his brother. He let another yawn as he scooted into a new position on the green leather couch that now had some new ketchup stains on it as additions to previous ones. He propped his knees up so they were resting on the right armrest of the couch, and let one arm wrap around his knees in order to keep them in that position, and the other arm was wrapped around his neck. He glanced at his brother guessing that soon the other one would begin the cleaning process of everything. "don't sweat it bro, sure they'll come back... soon.." Sans started to say an awkward attempted assurance to the other one, but the tiredness he was beginning to feel started to become rather stronger, and his bones felt weighed down from the heaviness. By the time he had said the last word, he had let out another yawn, and then leaned his head back against the back of the couch and his one arm that was supporting his neck.

Sans' eyelids started to close, and he began to drift in the tired state that he usually got in when relaxing on the couch like this. Yeah, this would be much more preferred then thinking about the kid right now, and their strange behavior that was frankly disturbing. Well, now he wouldn't care about such things. A bit of a childish thought, but heh... he didn't get where he was now by caring about being childish or not. His eyelids opened slightly, though, when Papyrus set the pot of spaghetti right near him while saying some words that he at first didn't understand, but soon enough realized what the other one was saying. Oh, right, that. Well he was more interested in taking a snooze now then finishing the spaghetti, but he'd... try to please his brother by eating the rest of this. The keyword being try, something he wasn't very good at. "ok, bro." He mumbled in a quieter tone, but this was mostly just because of the state he was in right now. The short skeleton could guess already what Papyrus was going to do next, whether he had been fully aware of it or not. He smirked a bit and winked at the other one, even if his eye sockets already appeared half lidded. "have fun cleaning up."

Sans then let his eyes close as he sank back fully on the sofa. He slowly reached out one hand to grab his spoon and grab a bite of the spaghetti- but soon it went limp and he was already snoring. This time he was actually taking somewhat of a nap, usually provoked to do this when he didn't get full sleep other times because of various reasons. During this time at one point he kind of became aware of his brother's footsteps pounding on the floor, but he had gotten so used to such a thing at this point that he still wasn't alerted completely by it. He also kind of heard voices at one point, but he was pretty used to sleeping through that too at this point, and the other voice was pretty soft anyways. It was pretty nice, to be in such a state that actually felt like sleeping, and he indulged on it too as he stayed in the slumped position while snoring steadily.

The sound of the bells ringing was strangely silent. The birds weren't singing as loudly as usual. Golden sunlight. Blooming flowers. Beautiful day. Dark emptiness. Dead brother. Dead everything. Doomed timeline. Emptiness was a steady companion. Sharp knife. Expressionless face. Dust everywhere. Red scarf. Two figures in shadow. Judgment. Sins. The color gold, soon to fade to black, soon to fade to more emptiness. Anomaly. The kid. Some friend, huh?

"heya. you've been real busy, huh?"

It didn't take long for the short skeleton to be alerted awake, though, as his eyelids soon opened when the door was slammed shut. A few sweat drops slid down Sans' skull, but otherwise he still grinned wide as usual. Unfortunately usually he never really got genuine sleep times for long, or ones that would mean anything other then just being spaced out for a while. Maybe a majority of the reason was because of the trash dreams he usually had, because of the awareness he seemed to have in his subconscious. It was annoying, but he had gotten more numb to it over time. Heh. Oh well. He couldn't help but wonder who Papyrus had been talking too, though. He didn't really care, just it was nice to know sometimes in case it was something to be interested in. After all, he had kind of gotten used to keeping an eye on and being attentive to his brother in a certain way when he needed to. He examined the area with his white pupils, mainly just looking for his brother, soon seeing the other one messing with a phone. Oh, cool.

He watched halfheartedly before grabbing his spoon from his side, and once again digging it into the ketchup spaghetti and shoving into his mouth, actually doing this a few times. He leaned forward and his propped knees soon were once again on the floor. Sans had just set back his spoon by his side again on the couch and didn't expect to be able to eat much more of the stuff, as much as it was kind of nice after his latest snooze session when his brother sat down next to him. He glanced over at Papyrus with his wide grin, glad the other one was sitting back now and relaxing. His bro definitely deserved that. The short skeleton turned his head to face the other one as he mumbled a question, though it was still in a tone that was probably enough to hear. Sans recalled what he had kind of heard before with the door slamming shut and also maybe the voices, though he hardly remembered hearing those much at all.

"who was that, bro?" He asked calmly and casually, not too concerned about whatever the answer might be. He motioned to the pot of ketchup spaghetti. "you want any of that? 's your awesome cooking, after all." Sans asked the other one with a wink, since there was a decent amount left, but fortunately he had drained the pot of many of the previous contents while helping himself to it various times. The shorter skeleton then glanced towards the TV as the other one switched it on. Apparently 'TV' was a sort of acronym for the word television. Heh. Acronyms were pretty cool. He wasn't about to go back to sleep anytime soon, though maybe he would space out again or doze off if he felt like it, but for now he didn't feel too tired. Sans would actually kind of be contented to watch the show his brother had turned on with the other one for once.

No matter what usually snoozing sessions like those gave him a sort of unsettled feeling, something that usually only Papyrus could help cure somehow, though he never knew how the other one did it. Plus... well, it was just nice to have a peaceful moment with his bro like this, after the previous chaos and excitement that had unfolded pretty quickly that day. As the screen lit up Sans let out a bit of a breath of either calmness or content, and reached out one arm to wrap around his brother's back, or rather spine. It was a sort of half hug, that he didn't do often, but he kind of wanted to now as he scooted a bit closer in order to watch the program too. Of course, he didn't say anything though, never being the type to do that too. But this would be nice to do for him, after all the events of today that he had partly liked, and partly didn't know how to feel about so much.

Tagged: @THEGREATPAPYRUS

Papyrus

Papyrus sank into the couch as he gazed at Mettaton and pondered his quiz questions. He tried to make sense of what he had just experienced. What was so important that Frisk had to leave? He hoped the spaghetti wasn’t too much for Frisk to handle, she had been gone for a while after all. Her palette might not have been refined enough for his cooking. Oh well, it didn’t matter where the human went because she’d be back. He wondered about that yellow lady too, the one with the coat. He hoped she would be okay too. She seemed nervous. He felt his brother shift on the couch. He wanted to know who was at the door.

“It was a small yellow dinosaur lady with a coat. She seemed lost so I gave her a map. I think she was looking for Undyne.” He was still confused about that lady, he hoped she was okay. He felt his brother give him a little half hug and smiled. His brother could be so sweet sometimes. He rested his hand on his brother's head.

“No thank you.” He responded to his brother's question. “That spaghetti is for you, and I’m trying to watch my figure.” It wasn’t all glamorous being a skeleton after all.

His attention shifted back to the TV. He knew the answer this this question, as always. Papyrus debated on whether to call in to answer the question. Sometimes he and Sans would call in, well, Sans did it more to prank the robot. ‘How unprofessional.’ He decided he would try to call in again to give the answer! If he was chosen to answer, he would have a chance to, the skeleton swooned a little, ‘Cook with Mettaton himself!’ He picked up the phone to answer the question and crossed his fingers that he would be the one to answer the question.

@indieflower @MoonLegend101

Frisk

The human thought more on how she was currently feeling. So many emotions had been bubbling inside her since coming back, that it was hard to tell her current mindset from whatever other mindsets were mixed in. Was she angry, or revengeful? Or was that just an odd combination, that made it seem like it...there were no answers. But no matter what, it was clear Frisk hated Flowey. What would she do if they ran into him...only time will tell. In truth, the human really liked the idea of ending the pitiful flower's life. Could she though?...I've killed before, haven't I? At least this time it might be justified.

Woah. She never talked like that before she fought Flowey. Before she got stuck in the Barrier. Did the human's time in the cage change how she felt about everything? No...no, that can't be. She was just over thinking everything, like usual. Frisk didn't notice till now, but her pace had increased to the point where it was practically a run. The snow brushed up against her feet, some of it slipping into her shoes. Chara was still silent, when they reached the bridge outside of Snowdin, and even still after they crossed it. Frisk began to doubt her involvement with this, either with, or against the human. But it was too late now. Even if Chara could leave, she wasn't so...

While the human's mind was focused, she didn't like the silence one bit. Deciding to try and change that, she spoke up. "So Chara...I never did ask why you're so insistent on killing things?" Why did Frisk want to know that? The girl never asked before, so why now? Once more, the human insisted she was just over thinking things. "I mean, is there more of a reason then 'just because'?"

@Noivian

Flowey

"Right, about that..." Flowey ducked underground and reappeared some distance away from Nova. "Over here!"

Leading the human further down the forest path and towards Papyrus' sentry station, he resurfaced in front of the wooden stand. "
Check in here. There might be something in there you can put me in."

He blinked as the human stared at him with incredulous eyes. "
Oh, I forgot to tell you! I can move around, but it really tires me out. Sorry, I won't be able to make it to Snowdin Village like this." Of course, he was lying. Moving around, even across incredible distances, caused no great deal of fatigue. Still, there was absolutely no way he was going to take the human all the way to Snowdin popping in out of the ground. Not only would it have been incredibly annoying for him but he would look like a complete idiot, surfacing and resurfacing out of the ground intermittently. If he was going to guide her to the village the least she could do was carry him there.

However Flowey was no big fan of being placed in a container, be it a flower pot, box, or objects like that. Being confined to such things was akin to prison for him - he was unable to move underground and was essentially stuck there until he managed to make contact with the soil again. Still, he figured, under the current circumstances it would take less effort on his part if he was carried for the journey. Besides, if he so needed to he could just tell the human to drop him and he could make contact with the ground once again.

"
Find a big bowl... a box... something." As the human searched behind the stand he looked around. He had a feeling he was forgetting something. Wasn't there supposed to be-

"What was that? I thought I saw something move." A voice sounded off from the distance, but quickly approached their location.

Flowey sighed.
Great. He quickly turned to the human and called out, "Hey! Stop what you're doing. I think someone's coming!"

From out of the snowy fog, a bipedal dog wielding two small daggers appeared. He had a shifty look about him and his eyes were quickly darting left and right, as if constantly searching for something. He slowly approached the stand, brandishing his two blades.

Flowey looked at the human and winked playfully. "
If I were you, I wouldn't move a muscle."

@Noivian

Chara

Frisk's question brought the ghost from her thoughts. Removing the smile for a look of contemplation, Chara floated up to be next to Frisk. A hand on her chin, she pondered her own logic for a while. She had a clear reason for wanting to kill humans, but why monsters? Slowly, her sick, sadistic grin returned. "Revenge," she stated simply. She wanted to get back at Asriel for ruining her plan. But now that he was Flowey... well, perhaps the flower's death was the only real revenge. "That, and I enjoy the feel of a knife slicing through someone else's body." It honestly didn't matter who it was to Chara. "So I guess you could say I kill because I like to kill. It's a thrill to end someone's life. You of all people should understand that."

@TheGossipLink

Nova

Nova was shocked to say the least, watching the flower pop into the ground and then emerge further down the path. They didn't bother asking how Flowey did that. Grinning to themselves as they watched him, they walked along until they came upon a sentry station. At Flowey's urging, Nova hoisted themselves up and over the counter, behind the sentry station. Digging around, it didn't take long until Nova found what looked like a simple cooking pot. Perhaps this would do?

Standing up with the pot, Nova was just in time to see the dog shape emerge from the fog, and hear Flowey's warning about not moving. Nova's very heart seemed to seize up and cease moving, fear gripping it so tightly. Those daggers looked sharp, and given the nature of monsters, Nova could only guess what would happen if the dog saw them. But how would not moving help? Shouldn't they duck behind the counter of the sentry station? Wouldn't that work better for hiding? Nonetheless, Nova trusted that Flowey knew what he was doing, and stayed put, not moving.

@BetaNymph

sans.

Sans couldn't help but listen attentively to what Papyrus said next about who had come to the door. It was sort of a curiosity thing for him, but also a cautionary measure as well. After the kid randomly appeared on their doorstep that day, well, he couldn't afford to not care anymore about who visited them and all, at least for a little while. Maybe he would get tired of it eventually, but for now he was still a bit offset by that kid coming back. When hearing that a yellow dinosaur in a coat had been the one to visit for a bit, apparently lost and needing direction. Oh. Now that was something he didn't really hear every day, either. Not that it was too surprising, though, considering all the types of monsters in the Underground, especially in the areas where he and Papyrus didn't really visit all too much. In occasion at his various jobs he saw various monsters around the areas of course, but never ha seen a dinosaur woman of that description. Heh, weird. Well she had been lost, so surely it wouldn't do any harm or matter anyways once she was back at wherever she was headed, which was apparently to the Captain of the Royal Guard. Though, it was strange that she was heading straight to Undyne, maybe there was some kind of urgent matter. Not that Sans would really care either way, though. Surely his brother would have noticed if that was the case.

Anyways, the description did kind of seem familiar... maybe of the Royal Scientist, but it would be weird if she was around here, since, well.. didn't think the Scientist ever went out of even showed herself anymore. Not that he really believed everything he heard though. Either way, at least it didn't seem to be anything to be too interested in. Sans winked at the other one after he answered. "oh, cool. sure they'll be fine, after ya helped 'em, bro." His brother was the best, he would be surprised if whoever that was would eventually come back or become friends with the other one somehow. The short skeleton let out a short yawn, though was a bit surprised to feel Papyrus' hand on his head. He just grinned a little softer at this, usually having those sorts of reactions when the other one treated him with affection in some way. He let his eyelids slide shut a bit again, but this was more because he was relaxed and more soothed by the situation, though he still wasn't planning on having another snooze session again. "you've been real busy, huh?"

The short skeleton almost smirked tiredly at the memory as if to spite it, but instead didn't react like always. Yeah, he definitely did not want to go through that experience again for a while, but eventually he'd let himself sleep again... or sometimes he couldn't control it that much, so who knows. Sans couldn't help but let out a snort, though, when the other one commented on how he needed to watch his weight. He let out a short chuckle, and then peered up at the other one with a wide grin as usual, though the corners of his eyes were a bit crinkled up from amusement. "careful bro, you might get as light as a feather... since you're not exactly air-tight." He meant this as a sort of joke and tease at the same time for Papyrus, and then shrugged by lifting one arm in the air while the other was kept wrapped around Paps for now. "suit yourself." More for him to finish off at least, which he didn't mind so much since the stuff was pretty good, especially with that ketchup...but Sans rather focused more on the TV screen when his brother did, since he was fine to focus some of his attention on it at the moment.

Though it was mostly just because his bro did too, or if he was in the mood to call again.. with some clever jokes to tastefully lighten the mood of the show. Anyways, other then that it was kind of boring, aside from maybe some of the more amusing or ridiculous questions. He sat watching it with the other one for a short time, until he noticed Papyrus picking up his phone in order to dial. Oh, so there would be an opportunity to call in again. Sweet. Sans grinned a little wider when seeing this, and soon spoke up before the other one started to dial up something. "good luck on the question, bro." The shorter skeleton said decently in support of the other one. He then paused, and his grin became just a bit more playful as he looked up at the other one with a bit of a different expression. "you sure you don't want any... help on the question, paps?"

Of course, Sans wouldn't be so perturbed by a response of no, since he didn't really want to mess this up for his bro, and could just add in a quick pun or two if he wanted if he leaned real close to the phone too. He felt in a better mood now at least, Paps always brought that out in him, and while he didn't understand it, it was just something else that made the other skeleton the best bro a guy could hope to ever hope to have. Since he was in a better mood now, he felt like shooting off a few more of his puns, and why not on TV on this spiffy show? It would be surely amusing for him, though he might not add his jokes in this time, if his brother didn't want it. After all, he had seen how excited the other one was to maybe meet Mettaton with the kid, so why spoil that somehow if the other one got to answer the question in the quiz?

Tagged: @THEGREATPAPYRUS

Papyrus

Papyrus beamed as his leg bounced in excitement as he swooned at the “sweetheart” Mettaton graciously added in. He looked excitedly at his brother and gently tapped on his head, signaling that he’d finally been chosen. It had been weeks since his last call was taken! The skeleton was pretty sure it was Sans’ fault for that one. Not everyone could bear rapid fire puns as Papyrus could, that was a learned talent. He felt bad for Mettaton that day and sent dozens of apology flowers and spaghetti, another one of his many genius seduction attempts.

The skeleton steeled himself and and smoothed his wavering, nervous voice. This was it! His big chance!

“Hello Mettaton, sir!” He greeted in his friendliest voice. “The answer is… the heart!” He smiled proudly, he always knew the answers to Mettaton’s questions. The skeleton looked excitedly at the TV to see Mettaton’s reaction to his expansive riddle knowledge. From the looks of it, he seemed to be right! He at least hoped to be right.

He looked down at his brother who seemed to be dozing off and thought back to his offer to “help” with the question. He smiled and sighed. His brother was already so happy today, he could let one pun to 'the-object-of-his-metal-affections' slide. Papyrus gently tapped his brother’s head and whispered.

“I’ll let you say one pun to Mettaton, okay? As a reward for eating so much healthy spaghetti! So make it count!” He smiled at his brother knowing that this would really make him happy.

sans.

Sans of course paid close attention to what was going on, on the TV. If he had another opportunity to tell his hilarious jokes after all, that would definitely be enough for him. And even if his brother just got accepted for the call, that would be nice. He knew how much the other one liked the robot, and found it kind of priceless for now, as well as cool too. But of course, it was no surprise that his brother was cool in this regard too, the other one always was with these sorts of things. Nevertheless though, he was starting to get tired from staring at the screen for an extended period of time, though in reality it was only about five minutes or so, and his eyelids began to droop closed.

There was something about a broken twisted thing that made him think of clocks and vines..... but heh, these sorts of things just weren't his forte so to speak, since... well, they were just incredibly boring and tiring to try to figure out anyways, even if he put any effort into it. He didn't really understand why his brother put effort into stuffs and actually thinking about quite a bit of things during a sort of break, but that was what made his bro so cool too. He wasn't too worried currently about letting his mind drift from the TV or what was currently happening on it, for he was pretty sure that if Papyrus was chosen to answer this weird riddle thing. then he would know about it.

Sure enough, soon the shorter one felt a tap from a bony finger on his cranium, and he looked up with a wide grin, expecting what this outcome would be. Sure enough, as his white pupils darted to glance at the television real quick, and then back at Papyrus as he listened to the words being spoken. He grinned a bit wider, and then quickly flashed a thumbs up to Papyrus with one gloved hand. Ah, so Paps had been the one chosen to call in this time. Cool. He was mainly just rooting for his cool brother to get the answer to the weird question right, since he knew the other one surely could. Also it was just kind of nice to see Papyrus so excited like this over the robot, even though Sans didn't really care about the weird robot except for as a pun victim, he was more then happy to let Paps have his nice moments when maybe getting something the other one desired or was excited to do. Seeing Papyrus like this usually made his day, and this was no exception.

He waited patiently for his brother to go through the procedures and all and also answer the question, sitting comfortably next to the other one, and not wanting to take that for granted. Once again his eyelids began to close a bit, though fortunately for his bro he wasn't snoring. No, this was not a true nap, he actually was listening to what was happening between Papyrus and the robot as his brother attempted to answer the question, assisted by the sounds coming from both the TV and his brother's voice. It was rather soothing, actually, to just sit back and listen, so he did. But after a short while, Sans once again felt a gentle tap on his head. He peered up at his brother with a bit of curiosity, though of course his grin didn't give away as much. Soon the other one whispered to him a confirmation that he could tell one pun to the robot, or how it was called, Mettaton. His grin impossibly almost seemed to widen further, or at least become much more lighthearted and also pleased.

"thanks bro, you're the best." The short skeleton whispered to the other one in response, already holding back his snickers. Eventually, before the phone hung up and that would be that, Sans got his opportunity to add some of his tasteful humor to the show. He leaned closer to Papyrus' phone, and flashed his brother a wide grin before speaking into it with his usual baritone voice that hadn't changed a bit. The robot... might not exactly be a fan of his jokes, but that's what made it almost as entertaining as Paps' reactions. Also he just liked telling puns to the people at home in general. He always was the sort of guy that would want to please the crowd, whoever that would be. Now it was time to indulge on a bit of his preferred kind of jokes. "heya."

Sans paused a moment for the familiarity of the voice to settle in, mostly because of amusement reasons once again. He winked while talking into the phone, even if Papyrus would be the only one to see such gestures. "i can see you two are having a 'heart' to 'heart' right now, so i'll make this quick." Sans also made it quick so the other line wouldn't be cut off and the hilarious jokes wouldn't be cut off short- or at least the one of them, since he had promised Papyrus and all. "what do musicians and hearts have in common? they both have a beat." Sans shot of his joke that he had been desiring to tell with some amusement, and then slapped one bony knee with a vocal snicker this time. He impressed even himself sometimes.

Well, one thing for sure, this was much better then some weird questions that made no sense as jokes or otherwise, there seemed to be no point in them. The shorter skeleton then scooted away from the phone after making his statement, and dropped back on the couch in a more comfortable position this time while sitting next to his brother. He was still grinning wide after that and flashed it at his brother once or twice as a sign of some gratitude. He didn't realize it might be considered that he had told two jokes really, but for now he didn't care, just rather was more interested to see the robot's reaction to these puns, hopefully an amusing one at least.

Tagged: @indieflower

Papyrus

Papyrus couldn’t believe he had let Sans do that. Hopefully Mettaton would see that he at least tried to make it relevant to the question this time? Th skeleton made a mental note. ‘I need to make Mettaton some special Mettaton spaghetti and send more apology flowers.’ He was happy to see a genuine smile on his brother’s face though. Even though he was always smiling it always looked really…tired. Tired and pained. Seeing him like that all the time, especially within the past two weeks, made him even more determined to bring more joy into his brother’s life.

‘Even if that meant embarrassing myself in front of that shining, metal dream-boat.’ Ah well, he was fairly sure that he had answered the question correctly so he’d surely get a chance to make up for his transgressions in person.

Papyrus sighed and lifted the phone back to his own face.

“Sorry about that, but it was on subject this time!” He was admittedly a little proud of his brother at that. Sans gave his all, at least it seemed, in everything he did! Even when his all was practically nothing!. “So,” Papyrus was grinning as wide as he could, confident that he knew the answer Mettaton was going to give, “did I get it right?”

Frisk

The two passed by the split. If they were to take a left, it would lead to the mysterious door the human could never figure out a way inside. On it was the same symbol, the Delta, that adorned most of the Queen's, and late King's, stuff. But that wasn't the topic of Frisk's mind right now. She was pondering Chara's response. At first, the human heard about what she was expecting. Revenge. The girl wasn't new to the concept, and while she still doesn't know specifically why the ghost is revengeful, she got a few hints here and there to tip her off about it. Chara killed, to kill. The thought of slicing a knife through someone made Frisk think for a moment.

While it pained her to admit, the thought wasn't appalling. The light in Frisk's eyes burned, remembering the intensity of battle. The feeling of harming your opponent. In the fight with Asgore, the human tried desperately to get the King to stop fighting. But after he killed her once or twice, a rage began to build up. She adorned her dagger, and momentarily turned into a demon. The girl was fast, dodging his attacks, sneaking in close to stab or swipe, before getting out of range. It was thrilling. It was fun. So lost in thought, Frisk nearly slipping over the icy bridge. Below, was two snowmen made by the skeleton brothers.

Regaining her balance, the human recovered just in time to hear Chara's last comment. You of all people should understand that. Those words shut the girl down. The human faltered, sliding to a stop past the snow-button puzzle. She wanted so desperately to deny the ghost. To argue how wrong the killer was...but, she's right. The sensation, the image, the look of despair on your victim. The human slapped herself, shaking away such thoughts.

Frisk couldn't deny it anymore. Something was wrong. Sure, she noticed her thoughts were never...pure, even when she fell down the first time. And as the girl acquired more LOVE, her actions, thoughts, dreams, all got darker. But never this dark. When she got locked in the Barrier, there was no distractions. All she could do, was think. The battle with Flowey, Asgore's death, Chara...those were the things, the only things the human had to think about. Her time in cage did change her. But Frisk was still good, right? Only time will tell. The human started back up again, but her pace and vigor weren't as strong as before. Chara won in getting to the girl, though it wasn't that hard. Frisk decided to never ask a question like that again.

The two traveled once more.

@Noivian

It was a beautiful day, the sun was just rising up over the hills, and Ryan Tyrer decided to go for a hike, so, he gather some stuff and set out to Mt. Ebbott. He had started up the slope when he heard a rustle and looked over his shoulder to see what it was. However, he never did get to see what it was, and he felt his foot snag on something and he tripped into a hole. Wait a minute, he thought, A hole in a mountain?

Before he could get into potentially explaining him, he had the wind knocked out of him as he landed on the flower bed. Well, that sure was a convenient little flower bed. He felt his arms and his legs over, and, feeling no breaks in the bone, rose to his feet and decided that, with little hope of rescue, he should just follow the path. After a little while, he started to come across the puzzles, having already been done in advance. Something... is not right here. After that, he quickened his pace, going through the house and out the door in the basement arriving in Snowden forest. Immediately cold, Ryan promply pulled his hoodie tighter around him. Up ahead, he saw a bridge surrounded by... Greek style Collumns? Ryan knew they weren't any of the classic styles, perhaps he had discovered a whole new one. Wait a minute it dawned on him someone HAD to have made those. Tensing his muscles, he walked across the bridge, half expecting it to give out. Safely on the other side, and after a few minutes more of walking, Ryan saw another human, a flower with a face and.... a dog with swords? What.... is... that!

@Noivian @BetaNymph

Flowey

As the dog monster approached the stand it scanned the area left and right, seemingly oblivious to the human right in front of him. Flowey held his breath in anticipation. Part of him wanted to see the human fail - his plan would have been completely ruined if she died but, still, it would have amusing, at the very least. He stared at the human, who was like a statue, and was impressed by her rigidity.

After a short while, the dog monster relax his posture. "I thought there was something moving here. Must have been my imagination." Lowering his daggers and sheathing them in his belt, he slowly turned from the stand and starting walking back from where he entered. "I should get back to Grillby's. I'm starving."

"What an idiot...," Flowey muttered to himself. He turned to Nova and looked at her questioningly. "Did you find anything?"

Upon seeing what she pulled out from behind the sentry station, his eye twitched involuntarily. Of course. Of all the things he could be put in, it had to be a
cooking pot. Flowey opened his mouth to object but quickly shut it. Just deal with it. Just deal with it.

"O-oh wow! You found something! That's great!" Flowey attempted to smile cheerfully but was unable to fully hide his discontent. He sighed and when he spoke, his voice was unenthusiastic. He had wished to be carried around because the thought of popping in and out of the ground would have looked laughably idiotic. But how in the world was this going to be any better?

He faced away from the human with a resigned look on his face and frowned. "
Okay. Put me in. Just... just make it quick."

@Noivian

Nova

Nova couldn't help but chuckle a bit at the flower's displeasure of being stuck in a cooking pot. Vaulting over the counter of the sentry station once again, Nova made their way over to the flower with the cooking pot in hand as he turned his back. They cast a glance in the direction the dog with the knives had left, wondering if they had come from Snowdin. That must mean they were close, right?

Kneeling down behind Flowey, Nova debated how exactly to put the flower in the pot. The cooking pot was actually more of a sauce pan, just a bit bigger than an actual flower pot and with a handle sticking out. Now, Nova was no gardener, but they were pretty sure that there was supposed to be a layer of dirt at the bottom of the pot. Brushing away the snow, Nova dug up some of the frozen ground with their fingers. As much as they loved the cold, they didn't love it quite as much when their fingertips went numb and nails hurt from clawing at the frozen soil.

Eventually they got the idea of using the pot to dig, and it wasn't long until there was a small layer of dirt at the bottom of the pot. This next part couldn't use the pot, however. Nova dug at where Flowey sat rooted. Making sure to leave enough room around so that the roots wouldn't be too damage, Nova pried the flower and the dirt surrounding him free of the earth and packed it into the pot.

Standing up, Nova brushed off the dirt from their fingers onto their leggings, and wiped the sweat from their brow. Stooping over, they picked up the pot with Flowey in it. Leaving behind the small hole in the ground, Nova started walking in the direction the dog had come from, assuming that was the way to Snowdin.

@BetaNymph

Chara

The ghost girl smiled. She knew she had struck a chord with Frisk: her time spent with the living human allowed her to read the other like an open book. Or perhaps that was just her link to the Frisk's soul? Either way, Chara could sense the other's discomfort. Frisk new deep down that Chara was right, and Chara could tell that Frisk knew.

Figuring it was now her turn to ask a question, Chara pondered her options, before going with a counter to Frisk's own question. "Why don't you fight more often?" It sounded like a suggestion, but given the context, it should be taken like a question. "I mean, all this would have been a lot easier if you had just started killing everyone you came across. Why bother sparing people?"

@TheGossipLink

Frisk

It only took a moment for Chara to counter. The ghost's question struck deep into Frisk. If she had asked that before the human's own question, then without a doubt Frisk would've said something along the lines of, 'Because it's wrong, I love all of them!' But now?...the human had to honestly think. Sure, fighting was fun. Thrilling. It was a blast, an experience unlike any other. But. But it was wrong. Was that why? Because it's wrong? How pathetic is that?! If the girl really wanted to, she could've killed everyone, and then just RESET. That was an option. It still is. But...I've made so many friends down here. Sure, not everyone's perfect but...I call them family. Was that it? But if that was the case, why not kill those who weren't?

Frisk was slowly starting to hate herself. No, it was all wrong. Chara was getting to her, making her think how the ghost wants her to think. Or...was she? Was the killer really even trying? No, there had to be an answer! Frisk kept on walking, not giving an answer yet. She needed more time. This question wasn't easy to answer. But then the thought of Flowey resurfaced. He had a philosophy, 'Kill or be killed!'. Frisk never took it to heart, or at least, she didn't think she did. But there were monsters the human fought, and didn't spare. Even Asgore...maybe that's it.

"N-not...not every monster needs to be killed." It was shaky, and still forming in her head. But the words felt...true. "There are some, yes. But not everyone of them. Monsters like Flowey...they need to die. For the betterment of the Underground. Even Asgore..." This part was more of Frisk trying to convince herself, but still. "He killed several humans in a fit of rage, and even killed me a few times. He refused mercy. He...that thing, didn't deserve to be sparred." The human took notice that her voice was getting rougher, angrier. But her answer to the question still felt...right.

So what, was she playing 'Judge' now? Her actions sure didn't make it seem like it. The human killed several monsters who didn't deserve it. So maybe one or two did, but not the others. But maybe she could turn it into a good thing? Being Judge didn't sound so bad...no. I'm...rotten, I don't deserve to pass judgment. Frisk had vowed to never kill again, every time she killed someone. But this time, she meant it. I won't kill another living soul. Her words were chosen very carefully though. That weed isn't living.

"Don't get me wrong Chara, I could've done that. But...that would only be a short lived experience. At least for me." Frisk was never sure if the ghost could take over the human, but something told the girl that the killer could. "So I won't kill anymore monsters. Not if it appeases you." No matter how civil Frisk was with the ghost, no matter how...similar they became, Frisk would never do anything to directly appeal to the killer. "Sorry, that was a bit harsh. But my feelings haven't changed since before my disappearance." This entire conversation was no longer fun, so the human tried to change it. "We've gotten pretty far, haven't we? Can you like...sense how close we are?"

@Noivian

Chara

The ghost wanted to say she was disappointed by the answer. She had expected something along the lines of 'Because I love them all' or 'No one should have to die': something she could easily refute or argue against. But Frisk's answer made Chara think. Sure some, cough cough the weed cough, deserved to die, but who was Frisk to judge them? Chara was pretty sure that was the smiley trashbag's job.

Chara was going to make a remark about why exactly she thought Asgore should die, because wasn't he doing the wrong thing for the right reasons? But Frisk changed the subject, so the ghost decided she'd hit her with that one at a later time. "No, I can't really sense anything," she responded with a tinge of venom in her voice. "I'm mostly trusting that you know where you're going, or in case you haven't noticed, I'm kind of dead. Sensations don't happen for me."

@TheGossipLink

Users who are viewing this thread

Back